371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 144.
#2401 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok you got me intrigued! Thanks for sharing! So How do you get this stack? Is it as simple as have BFW mb lit when you start WHC? Or do you have to do something totally bizarre like start your final WIC at the Dragon shot, then light BFW, then complete your WIC which starts both?

You have to have Battle for the Wall lit, then start your 4th WIC hurry up. While its flashing, hit the dragon to start battle for the wall. Then collect the hurry up.

I started with Martell, then got the greyjoy, stark, and Martell hurry ups. Got the Lannister WIC hurry up flashing, hit the kickback, then hit the center ramp once the kickback released the ball. I think leaving Lannister for last ensures you have a nice easy shot at the start of battle for the wall to get that last hurry up asap.

#2402 8 years ago

haha nice one Chuck...something fun to try this weekend!

#2403 8 years ago

Yeah Capguntrooper tipped me off to it in another thread, and it is a must experience feature of the game. tons of fun.

#2404 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok you got me intrigued! Thanks for sharing! So How do you get this stack? Is it as simple as have BFW mb lit when you start WHC? Or do you have to do something totally bizarre like start your final WIC at the Dragon shot, then light BFW, then complete your WIC which starts both?

#2405 8 years ago

Today seems like a good day for a code update, really hope they add a ton more call outs and animations. Would love additional rule changes/modes but not sure those in the cards too heavily

#2406 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You need 5v flashers not 13v flashers.

OK. I feel like an idiot. I bought some new flashers for my GOT and couldn't figure out what was wrong with them as they wouldn't work. I chunked them thinking they were DOA

#2407 8 years ago

Does everyone have their game set to LOL once per game? Mine definitely only gives it once per game unless you buy one or get a Rando one in the pops. I cannot remember if that is default on 1.26 or I adjusted it to be that.

#2408 8 years ago

How do you get more wing flap out of the dragon. Mine does a small flap but the one in the video above seems to have more travel?

#2409 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

How do you get more wing flap out of the dragon. Mine does a small flap but the one in the video above seems to have more travel?

Do you have a pro? I think the prem/le move more.

#2410 8 years ago

Saw these new trans fs 25 $

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2411 8 years ago

Got my lightening flippers in and installed last night. I'm super happy with how it plays now. Not a huge difference but just enough to make the upper PF more challenging to where I'll actually have the ball go down the middle now. Before, I was 95% of the time only losing the ball through the upper lanes.

Not real sure about the black with orange on the lower flippers. Any thoughts? I don't like Titan or Superbands for my flippers so my colors are limited. I've got a set of red and yellow standard rubber as well but wasn't thrilled with those colors either.

IMG_6866_(resized).JPGIMG_6866_(resized).JPG

IMG_6868_(resized).JPGIMG_6868_(resized).JPG

#2412 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does everyone have their game set to LOL once per game? Mine definitely only gives it once per game unless you buy one or get a Rando one in the pops. I cannot remember if that is default on 1.26 or I adjusted it to be that.

pretty sure default is once per game.

#2413 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

pretty sure default is once per game.

Which technically was supposed to have been the default at least one code revision ago.

#2414 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got my lightening flippers in and installed last night. I'm super happy with how it plays now. Not a huge difference but just enough to make the upper PF more challenging to where I'll actually have the ball go down the middle now. Before, I was 95% of the time only losing the ball through the upper lanes.
Not real sure about the black with orange on the lower flippers. Any thoughts? I don't like Titan or Superbands for my flippers so my colors are limited. I've got a set of red and yellow standard rubber as well but wasn't thrilled with those colors either.

IMG_6866_(resized).JPGIMG_6868_(resized).JPG

I think the orange and black look fantastic. WHODEY!!

#2415 8 years ago

Eskaybee - that video of your kid playing is awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm thinking of picking up a GOT Pro/Premium to sit next to WOZ. I feel like the stark contrast between themes and gameplay would make for an excellent pair.

#2416 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you have a pro? I think the prem/le move more.

LE #80

#2417 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah Capguntrooper tipped me off to it in another thread, and it is a must experience feature of the game. tons of fun.

Now do it that around 1150 and hold a ball until MMMB kicks in and your score will be insane!

#2418 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Now do it that around 1150 and hold a ball until MMMB kicks in and your score will be insane!

You just blew my mind. Haha

Also, this super stack is the way to go for sure. I didn't do very well outside of the stack either.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2419 8 years ago

Good to know as Wall MB is pretty much worthless to me.

#2420 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good to know as Wall MB is pretty much worthless to me.

I want to say I got 1.8 total, and 500-600 million was from battle for the wall.

#2421 8 years ago

Added ice blues to the black left GI. I think it looks great. I was going to switch the rest of the GI to warm white but the wife nixed it and I kinda agree. First game I've actually preferred cool white to warm white. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2422 8 years ago

So I was trying to see if there is a viable strategy for using the drops since the default setting is one LOL per game. I found one. Spinner level 4. To advance the spinner level you complete drop banks. Not sure how many per level. Maybe it increases as you advance the spinner level. It resets each ball, so I would say it's safe to try this strategy on ball one only or until your LOL lanes are used.

Basically my whole score you see is from the spinner.

#2423 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I was trying to see if there is a viable strategy for using the drops since the default setting is one LOL per game. I found one. Spinner level 4. To advance the spinner level you complete drop banks. Not sure how many per level. Maybe it increases as you advance the spinner level. It resets each ball, so I would say it's safe to try this strategy on ball one only or until your LOL lanes are used.
» YouTube video
Basically my whole score you see is from the spinner.

I've had my spinner value up there quite a few times. If you slightly lube the spinner you can do even better. I love how the sound changes as the value gets higher.

Rob

#2424 8 years ago

How would one lube the spinner?

#2425 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I was trying to see if there is a viable strategy for using the drops since the default setting is one LOL per game.

Yeah I tried a bunch of spinner games when Sk8ball mentioned it before. The main drawback is it's a really really slow road to head down. Even @ 1.5-2 million and pulling 50mills a spin, which sounds like a lot, it takes forever.
The plus side is it's very safe, backhand spinner-catch-post pass-repeat, and I'll still go to it if i notice all of a sudden the spinner value is up there.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Added ice blues to the black left GI...

You're heading down a very dangerous road Chuck...don't do it!

#2426 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How would one lube the spinner?

Mines not lubed at all, but if you want, take this stuff and drop a tiny but on each spinner arm at the holes in the spinner bracket it sits in. image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#2427 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I tried a bunch of spinner games when Sk8ball mentioned it before. The main drawback is it's a really really slow road to head down. Even @ 1.5-2 million and pulling 50mills a spin, which sounds like a lot, it takes forever.
The plus side is it's very safe, backhand spinner-catch-post pass-repeat, and I'll still go to it if i notice all of a sudden the spinner value is up there.

Agreed on the spinner front.

Don't worry on the GI LEDs. No other modifications will be made. Just need to change the color of some of the flashers and that's it. The spinner flasher needs to be purple IMO, and I'm gonna see how all the white flashers in the spotlights look as green instead, a la wildfire.

#2428 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The new LoL rule pretty much nerfs the spinner strat.

Strategy guide for GOT:
If LoL ain't lit, drops, ram & lock targets I ain't gonna hit

#2429 8 years ago

I pulled off the fabled "super stack" tonight and laid down my best GC score to date. I'm not even kidding, I had to relight my WIC on the center ramp three times before I could hit the dragon shot. I kept my cool (even though I wanted to break something...) What a rush!! I love how I'm constantly learning new ways to tackle this beast.

P.S. I don't know if the Dragon's Milk helped or hurt the cause... I'm going with helped

IMG_20160402_230536356_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_230536356_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160402_231027619_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_231027619_(resized).jpg

#2430 8 years ago

New Holland - Dragon's Milk
The brew of choice when playing
Stern - Game of Thrones

#2431 8 years ago

Funny story guys. My wife and I went out last night and while we were out we stopped into a location that has a Sopranos. We were playing and my wife after almost every ball slapped the lockdown bar as if there was a button there a la GOT. Haha. Best part is she didn't know she was doing it until I pointed it out to her.

#2432 8 years ago

I put together a nice Wall+WIC stack last night and pulled out under 200m for both combined...so umm....yeah.

#2433 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I put together a nice Wall+WIC stack last night and pulled out under 200m for both combined...so umm....yeah.

I'm telling you, it's the beer. ...well, the second half wasn't so helpful..

#2434 8 years ago

I had a most excellent air-ball last night. Lower left flipper directly up onto the upper playfield. Yikes!

#2435 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

» YouTube video

When you posted this video the first time, I was wondering what the hell you were referring to as the WHC + BFW super stack. I was at work at the time so just watching minute segments here and there and obviously not paying close enough attention to the actual super stack occurring

That said, this super stack is bad ass! Adds another element of breadth to the table to play for. I pulled off a super stack twice as Baratheon yesterday; one of which scored a 2.6 bil BFW total and a 1.1 bil WHC total. The other stack only brought in a measly 220 mil WHC, but my BFW was 2.9B! Good times!

Tip for those that didn't know: even though martell has the add a ball for this super stack, house Baratheon gets a boost in scoring for wall jackpots in BFW.

EDIT: oh and before I gloat too much about my scores, I do have LOL set to 3 bank instead once per game. This gave me a thought for a future update. It would be great if Baratheon got the 3 bank rule and all other houses got the once per game rule. Food for thought.

I wouldn't mind the once per game rule so much if it occurred on the 3rd bank, not 1st, so it was a little more player controllable.

#2436 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It would be great if Baratheon got the 3 bank rule and all other houses got the once per game rule. Food for thought.

That's so funny, that's exactly what I thought last night when I was playing.

#2437 8 years ago

I'm still a little fuzzy on the 3 bank LOL rule. I updated to the latest code and I left everything on factory settings. I still get multiple LOL awards during the game. Normal?

#2438 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I still get multiple LOL awards during the game. Normal?

Are you sure you're getting them from the drops and not awards from the pops? After the update default is for sure 1 per game.

#2439 8 years ago

Could be from the pops. I need to take glass off and test.

#2440 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could be from the pops. I need to take glass off and test.

To tell you the truth I didn't really pay attention when people mentioned it, and I have been playing for weeks with the new code and didn't really notice it was only giving it once.

#2441 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wouldn't mind the once per game rule so much if it occurred on the 3rd bank, not 1st, so it was a little more player controllable.

That, or maybe have it stay lit until you actually use it. Really frustrating to light it on ball 1 then go down the center a few seconds later.

#2442 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

That, or maybe have it stay lit until you actually use it. Really frustrating to light it on ball 1 then go down the center a few seconds later.

I totally agree with this. Stay lit until you use it.

#2443 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Agreed, because unless you have a supreme garbage ball 1, it's going to be lit on ball 1 always.

Edit: Hey wait I got it...player lights LOL with Baratheon with action button once per game

#2444 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed, because unless you have a supreme garbage ball 1, it's going to be lit on ball 1 always.
Edit: Hey wait I got it...player lights LOL with Baratheon with action button once per game

Haha. That would be kind of interesting actually. Would've been convenient a couple games I was really close to IT.

#2445 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. That would be kind of interesting actually. Would've been convenient a couple games I was really close to IT.

And don't deploy it too soon...oops you hit the button right before MB started

sounds fun

#2446 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

^^^^ THIS!

#2447 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed, but I'd like it to be lit once per ball if the settings are once per game. That would really then let Baratheon compete with Martel for the best house power to use in a match play scenario.

Think about it:
- Greyjoy - Steals other house powers
- Martel - add a ball during a MB
- Baratheon - 2 extra LOL per game (once per ball) and user controled
- Tyrel - Multipliers

Going into a match play scenario, which are you choosing? Things start to get more interesting and you start to get variety. Keith always wanted there to be many different ways to succeed with them game and I think that may help out a lot. Right now, it feels like 90% of players take Martel in a non pump-n-dump qualifying situation.

Now what can Lanister get to make them worth while?

#2448 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Maybe the ability to light mystery once per ball with the lockbar button? Since they are already based around money and mystery.
Or they could get some lannister-only rewards in the mystery.

#2449 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My idea for lannister was to be able to cash in the iron bank multiple times per ball, and it didn't reset all your multipliers.

#2450 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Right now, it feels like 90% of players take Martel in a non pump-n-dump qualifying situation

I haven't played GOT in a pump and dump yet, but I think I would go Greyjoy. the fact that I am getting a sword right off the bat, and I just need to complete Martell to get that power, and my second sword (unlocking all multipliers), that's the recipe for the highest scores IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.