Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 127.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Tough call. I like the art on the Premium the best, but I've always had doubts whether I would like the mini playfield or not. Money is an issue for me so I'll probably stick with my pro. If money wasn't an issue, well that might be different.
Rob

I had a chance to put a number of games on both the Pro and the LE. No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't get myself to enjoy the upper playfield. I felt like it took up too much space and sort of broke the flow of the game compared to my experience with the Pro. While the lightshow and the art on the LE/Premium are better than the Pro, IMO, it wasn't enough to get me to step up and spend the extra cash. I am currently waiting on my Pro to arrive. Couldn't be more excited.

#2302 3 years ago

duplicate

#2303 3 years ago

Fully modded GOT pro in md 4800. Shaker mirror blades. Plastics protectors. Flipper buttons , flags , wooden signs.

Game is beautiful. Decided to get Twd back

image_(resized).jpeg

#2304 3 years ago

OMG!!!!! I completed 6 houses on ball one and was on the third level of targaryen. In the next 3 balls (one was an extra ball), I drained out with drogon having like one fifth of his life left. I couldn't believe it!! At least now I know IT is possible haha

#2305 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

OMG!!!!! I completed 6 houses on ball one and was on the third level of targaryen. In the next 3 balls (one was an extra ball), I drained out with drogon having like one fifth of his life left. I couldn't believe it!! At least now I know IT is possible haha

Damn Chuck Great/Horrible job!!!!

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Damn Chuck Great/Horrible job!!!!

I swear I would be the greatest horrible pinball champion of all time.

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

can some of you guys verify if your game keeps time and date.
everytime i want to play midnight madness nothing.
re-set the clock, 24 hours later it goes back to feb, 15, 2015, even after the update.

let me know if i'm the one who's crazy
thanks.

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

OMG!!!!! I completed 6 houses on ball one...

Me too! Then I put the glass back on and score a whopping 20M on 3 balls!

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks.

I haven't double checked this for you, but I set my clock to give the midnight MB at 9:00pm and haven't got it since the code update. Last night I noticed at 9:06 that I didn't get the MB and just thought I must have been between games at 9. I'll check my clock when I get a chance for you.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Fully modded GOT pro in md 4800. Shaker mirror blades. Plastics protectors. Flipper buttons , flags , wooden signs.
Game is beautiful. Decided to get Twd back

where did you buy these plastic protectors from?

#2312 3 years ago

Thanks! All 4 yellow or the 2 yellow 2 orange option?

#2313 3 years ago

Not sure if there is an option, but my set were yellow for the slings and orange for the ball return guides.

Edit. You have the option of all four yellow or what I said above.

#2314 3 years ago

They look great.

#2316 3 years ago

the orange on return lanes really bring out a sensation of fire, not 100 % sure on the slingshots but probably will order and try

#2317 3 years ago

Just set my game up. Left orbit issues battering ram works well. How do you get the throne shot? I can get to the mini playfiele but no idea how to get the ramp to the throne. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just set my game up. Left orbit issues battering ram works well. How do you get the throne shot? I can get to the mini playfiele but no idea how to get the ramp to the throne. Any advice would be appreciated.

It should go in there if you light extra ball or mystery. Light mystery from hitting all the gold targets a la POTC and the green stand ups. Extra ball is lit from completing 4 house battles. Not sure if there is anything else that diverts the ball to the throne.

#2319 3 years ago

Thanks. I'll have to play better.

#2320 3 years ago

Pro plays completely different and better IMO. Just wish there was a bit more MB modes.

#2321 3 years ago

My wife and I both played the pro at TPF. She said, "I miss the upper playfield...it's so boring without it." I agree. I think if you're used to the premium/LE, you can't really warm up to the pro. If the pro is all you know, the premium/LE feels wrong (or worse) somehow to you.

Both great games, but both VERY different!

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pro plays completely different and better IMO. Just wish there was a bit more MB modes.

There is another MB mode..... on the Premium/LE.

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

5 multiballs + midnight madness isn't enough?

#2324 3 years ago

BW MB is the most attainable but which would be the next? HOTK? You have to complete 3 houses to get that MB? That's tough!

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

5 multiballs + midnight madness isn't enough?

Exactly, let's see there is
1. BW
2. Battle for the Wall
3. Winter Has Come
4. Hand of the King
5. Iron Throne
+ Midnight Madness
Is there any I missed?

#2326 3 years ago

HOTK is four houses complete. Winter Has Come is four hurry-ups complete. WallMB is top lanes on pro, kick-back shot on pre/le, I believe 6 times for 1st one. Iron Throne is all houses complete. On the pre/le, complete the upper playfield four times for Castle MB.

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks.

Just checked my clock. Dead nuts on the current time. Not sure what your issue is.

I also found this in the installs menu. What is directors cut?

image_(resized).jpeg

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just checked my clock. Dead nuts on the current time. Not sure what your issue is.
I also found this in the installs menu. What is directors cut?
image_(resized).jpeg

That how the programmer would set up the game...it changes settings in the game per that "profile".

#2329 3 years ago

Interesting. Does changing the game to any of these settings reset the high scores?

#2330 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

where did you buy these plastic protectors from?

Dont do it! They look shite.

#2331 3 years ago

First game back in town from college and I got to Iron Throne! Love this game.

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

the orange on return lanes really bring out a sensation of fire, not 100 % sure on the slingshots but probably will order and try

I think these look awesome and really make the lower playfield pop, just like the green ones for MET. I would recommend them.

#2333 3 years ago

OK what settings do you need to have turned on in order to get midnight multiball? I was up at midnight last night so I tried and nothing, so I reset the clock and still nothing so I turned off tournament mode and tried again and still didn't see it. I'm running 1.23 and currently have competition mode set to no (although player competition is still yes) and secret multiball set to yes.

#2334 3 years ago

you have to be mid ball before it starts. If you're not in the middle of playing a ball, I'm not sure it will work. The handful of times I've played it's worked when I'm mid ball. Change the clock on your game to 11:59:40 pm and make sure to confirm the time. Then backout really quick, start a game and wait for the goodness.

Also update your game to 1.26. There are some good fixes in there.

#2335 3 years ago

Hey guys I noticed that the mezel ram and pyramid mods are available now. Happy Easter!!

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys I noticed that the mezel ram and pyramid mods are available now. Happy Easter!!

Ram looks SWEET! I do however wonder if the added weight would make it harder for balls to register hits

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Ram looks SWEET! I do however wonder if the added weight would make it harder for balls to register hits

I heard it was on one at TPF all weekend and was butter. But I obviously didn't play it first hand. I need this as I have beaten mine to hell already. Haha

#2338 3 years ago

Here's my sign that Thrones is taking all of my time and I'm neglecting my other pins. I smack a bare lockdown bar every time the ball drains on my other games and I tried turning on Spider-man this morning by reaching under the right side of the backbox I'd love to kick whomever thought that change up right in the balls.
That said, I can't get enough of this game!

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Here's my sign that Thrones is taking all of my time and I'm neglecting my other pins. I smack a bare lockdown bar every time the ball drains on my other games and I tried turning on Spider-man this morning by reaching under the right side of the backbox I'd love to kick whomever thought that change up right in the balls.

I find if you glue thumbtacks in appropriate places that it can alleviate some of this behavior.

Rob

#2340 3 years ago

Just ordered my GOT premium. Cant wait!

#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from cjrfinearts:

Just ordered my GOT premium. Cant wait!

Congrats! It's a great game. I'm sure you will love it! Congrats on your AFM sale, also!

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Move the switch here:

324179c49eab84a2c1b6f4bf2795134418b928b1.png_(resized).jpg

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Congrats! It's a great game. I'm sure you will love it! Congrats on your AFM sale, also!

Thanks Jeff. I took a little beating from the price police here but i hung in there, got my price and ordered my new machine. Aint life grand?!

I had gotten pretty much every nuance of AFM and ruled the universe just about every time i played. I think that it will take me a very very long time before I get every nuance of GOT. That rule sheet is pretty deep, but i am looking forward to the challenge.

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

can some of you guys verify if your game keeps time and date.
everytime i want to play midnight madness nothing.
re-set the clock, 24 hours later it goes back to feb, 15, 2015, even after the update.

was trying to find the thread/post on this and can't. Give Stern a call. If memory serves me correctly it was a board issue for the person that had this happening to them.

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

was trying to find the thread/post on this and can't. Give Stern a call. If memory serves me correctly it was a board issue for the person that had this happening to them.

thanks for the infos, i'll talk to my distributor about it.

#2346 3 years ago

Today I finished all three targaryen dragon modes (the music here is awesome) and I was only one more house away from iron throne. This game is a lot of fun to play and there are many ways to attack it. The code is very good. But I still think it's not complete. There should be more reason to play the miniplayfield.
And perhaps I didn't found a good tactic for it so far, but I think Lannisters are to weak as starting option.
And what I realy don't like are many of the animations on the dmd. Got is so a rich license. It should have was more and cooler animations to become a real classic. The Rescue mission for Myrcella Baratheon is a poor choice and I think the pirate/viking like greyjoys should also be better presented on the display.
So many things that make GoT what it is are missing. Red Wedding? Where are the Wolves? So many cool options for animations.......but all we often have is a pixel mess.

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Today I finished all three targaryen dragon modes (the music here is awesome) and I was only one more house away from iron throne. This game is a lot of fun to play and there are many ways to attack it. The code is very good. But I still think it's not complete. There should be more reason to play the miniplayfield.
And perhaps I didn't found a good tactic for it so far, but I think Lannisters are to weak as starting option.
And what I realy don't like are many of the animations on the dmd. Got is so a rich license. It should have was more and cooler animations to become a real classic. The Rescue mission for Myrcella Baratheon is a poor choice and I think the pirate/viking like greyjoys should also be better presented on the display.
So many things that make GoT what it is are missing. Red Wedding? Where are the Wolves? So many cool options for animations.......but all we often have is a pixel mess.

Regarding animations; the mode qualifying animations and call outs (or lack thereof) are very weak. That said, there are some amazing and cool animations going on in this pin and most are displayed during high frantic speedy gameplay and are easily missed . But if you catch them, look for them, and/or observe another player advance far into the modes and game, the animations are straight up wicked!

But I do agree that I'd like to see more symbolic show related animations and call outs that fit well within the rules/table.

I also agree Lannister is quite weak, but every once in awhile I get to light the Lord of light or buy an EB with Lannister. But not often enough.

#2348 3 years ago

Yes you are right, there are cool animations. Tyrell, Martell modes. Winter has come and battle on the wall are good and many more. But the mode qualifying animations are the moments the player has the time to look up on the display and those animation choice is lame. Here I have seen way better animations from stern on other games. As a pinball player I love the rules and fun of the GoT layout. As a GoT fan I feel the theme is not represented the right way in some modes. Why is there only a victory animation when you complete a mode? If you can't finish the mode there should be a drastic loser animation. Oberyn Martell could get his head smashed. Arya could be blinded. For the Lannister mode they should use "The Bear and the Maiden Fair". (that is classic GoT) As a battle between Jaime Lannister and the bear and if you lose show an animation Jaimes hand got chopped off. For Greyjoy perhaps we will see a few good scences as Viking like pirates in the next season. The Tyrells won the tournament in the show cause they cheated it without honor and in the end the horse was brutally killed, that is GoT. In this game it is just a knight's tournament.
Without tits and gore as the GoT pinball game is now you have the classic black and white, good against evil theme and the game as it is now represents High Fantasy. When animations from the hobbit are meaner than the GoT ones there is something wrong. It's not the world I know from the books and the show. Sry, but I think Dwight and Ritchie didn't understood the source material very well, I can't believe the licence holder wanted GoT represented in this way.

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

How true. I did that on IJ as the ball drained and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing. When I told her she looked at me like I was a total loser, but I'm pretty sure she does the same thing.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I also agree Lannister is quite weak, but every once in awhile I get to light the Lord of light or buy an EB with Lannister. But not often enough.

Anyone know if you can buy a LOL if you have the settings on one LOL per game and you've already used it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside