371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 144.
#2251 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You don't think the guy who coded it will continue to tweak it when he comes across any issues and then make those public? I know I would. (When I had time to do so) < I think that's the only question.....when, not if.

Well, that's a little different so maybe we're talking about different things. If he comes across a small issue or two, he would probably fix it. What I don't think he'll do is continue to put in new rules. If he happens to do it, awesome!

#2252 8 years ago

I feel like I've asked this before but couldn't find where I asked about it.

For the lucky few that have been to IT multiple times, what is the path you typically take? Beat targaryen first? What house do you pick ball one? Always trying to do two modes at once? I just cannot seem to get close. 4-5 modes at getting down fairly regularly, but targaryen and usually one other house are still left incomplete most games.

#2253 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel like I've asked this before but couldn't find where I asked about it.
For the lucky few that have been to IT multiple times, what is the path you typically take? Beat targaryen first? What house do you pick ball one? Always trying to do two modes at once? I just cannot seem to get close. 4-5 modes at getting down fairly regularly, but targaryen and usually one other house are still left incomplete most games.

I always choose greyjoy. I always go for Martel first for the add a ball. I then go for any and all houses I can and when targaryen is available I start choosing it. The rest tends to fall into place. Taking houses into multiballs sure helps and the add a balls for keeping the mb going helps also.

#2254 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I always choose greyjoy. I always go for Martel first for the add a ball. I then go for any and all houses I can and when targaryen is available I start choosing it. The rest tends to fall into place. Taking houses into multiballs sure helps and the add a balls for keeping the mb going helps also.

Really? Why would you pick GJ when going for IT? Wouldn't it be much easier to choose a different house as the modes are easier to complete and stackable? Or was just that the times you made it to IT you just happened to be using GJ? I'm at the point where I'm trying to find the most efficient way to get there to hopefully increase my chances of reaching IT. Thanks for the help.

#2255 8 years ago

I always try to take 2 houses to battle in BW multiball but actually find it harder to complete houses with balls flyin all over the place, it's hard to make accurate shots. I'll be lucky if I can complete a house but it does make progress towards it at least. I get better progress when I'm in single ball and can pick shots off one by one with good ball control. Never been to IT yet but HOTK probably every 5 games or so. Fun game!

#2256 8 years ago

Take two houses to BWMB and Targaryen into BFW. I find Martel will get me 3B scores or better 6-10 games and some times Lannister when I buy extra balls. Greyjoy I think will be better utilized when the other houses get a more polished code.

#2257 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I always choose greyjoy. I always go for Martel first for the add a ball.

That's the easiest house to beat with GJ because you don't even need to make the purple shots to complete it. I'm still thinking that's a bug..

Rob

#2258 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's the easiest house to beat with GJ because you don't even need to make the purple shots to complete it. I'm still thinking that's a bug..
Rob

And it should be the hardest because that's the best reward in the game.

#2259 8 years ago

So close! I was in the middle of Targaryen level 3 with all other houses complete, and I was one lock target away from starting BW MB. bricked the shot, left outlane. Dammit!! I thought I had it that time. I was thinking too, let's assume I got into that BW MB and still had the mode running, would you use the add a ball during that MB or save it for IT? The only reason why I was going to save it for IT is I know for a fact the first time I make it there, I am going to drain out of it immediately haha.

#2260 8 years ago

Damn! Closest I got was two dragon modes completed! Almost thinking of changing to 5 ball for a bit so I have a chance at the IT!!!

#2261 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So close! I was in the middle of Targaryen level 3 with all other houses complete, and I was one lock target away from starting BW MB. bricked the shot, left outlane. Dammit!! I thought I had it that time. I was thinking too, let's assume I got into that BW MB and still had the mode running, would you use the add a ball during that MB or save it for IT? The only reason why I was going to save it for IT is I know for a fact the first time I make it there, I am going to drain out of it immediately haha.

Nice! I've been in that situation before; do I use the add a ball now or save it for IT (or HOTK). Kinda depends, if you can keep track of your targaryan progress during the mb and have a good mb at that, then save it. But if you blow chunks and drain quick during bw, then you're pretty much forced to use your add a ball.

#2262 8 years ago

I was getting pretty frustrated with my battering ram registering from the left flipper. Maybe one in ten shots, not kidding.

I took a look at the mech and added a couple of drops of oil to the track and crushed it for my best GC yet!!

IMG_20160323_143545299_(resized).jpgIMG_20160323_143545299_(resized).jpg

#2263 8 years ago

Can you show where you added the oil to? Can you just lift the playfield and maybe use a Q-Tip to dab some on the underneath side of that mechanism? I thought I saw some pictures somewhere in this thread...Thanks!

#2264 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you show where you added the oil to? Can you just lift the playfield and maybe use a Q-Tip to dab some on the underneath side of that mechanism? I thought I saw some pictures somewhere in this thread...Thanks!

Yes. I took a q-tip with a little 3 in 1 oil and applied it to the sides of the track. The left flipper hits register WAY more often.

#2265 8 years ago

Should it kick back on every hit ?

#2266 8 years ago

I think my ram actually went the way of SR and sort of broke itself in after awhile; it was pretty damn bad at the beginning. I'll make sure to double check this weekend and grease her up if I have to.

#2267 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not sure I know what you mean, but the ram should always return to the home position after being hit. It is just on a sled, there is nothing powering it.

#2268 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Mine does after doing the same thing as Hougie. Maybe 1 in a hundred hits wont register. But applying some lube to the ram plastic underneath the pf is a must IMO. And Steve Ritchie approves

#2269 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I was getting pretty frustrated with my battering ram registering from the left flipper. Maybe one in ten shots, not kidding.
I took a look at the mech and added a couple of drops of oil to the track and crushed it for my best GC yet!!

IMG_20160323_143545299_(resized).jpg

Nice! can you remember the route you took to this beefy score? Did you get a bigass HOTK hurry up collected? I believe that is the only thing keeping me from 2.5 billion and 3-6 billion.

#2270 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! can you remember the route you took to this beefy score? Did you get a bigass HOTK hurry up collected? I believe that is the only thing keeping me from 2.5 billion and 3-6 billion.

Side note: My latest strategy and having a fun playing is using Tyrell. Complete Tyrell, Lannister, Baratheon, GJ in that order. Play HOTK for a wicked super hurryup jackpot if you can get that far and have pf multipliers lit. Did one just the other night for roughtly 2.5 Bil hurryup with 3x pf multiplier. Imagine if i got it to 5x!

Tyrell, Lannister, GJ seem to be the best houses to bring in if you're going for the hurryup jackpot. Otherwise, take Stark in and have fun with the stark bonus rounds.

EDIT: I should mention that i typically do Tyrell/Lannister with BW mb #1, Baratheon/GJ with my 2nd multiball. Then use single ball play to clean up those modes that got unfinished.

#2271 8 years ago

I guess I mean register most of the time it makes a sound but sometimes it does nothing

#2272 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: I should mention that i typically do Tyrell/Lannister with BW mb #1, Baratheon/GJ with my 2nd multiball. Then use single ball play to clean up those modes that got unfinished.

I actually like doing Tyrell on it's own before MB personally. You have to watch yourself and the order so you don't get boned with your locks/lannister situation.

#2273 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I guess I mean register most of the time it makes a sound but sometimes it does nothing

Are you sure? I have wondered this too especially in BWMB and getting super jackpots. Makes the ram sound, but no crazy super jackpot animation. I wonder if it's scoring, but just skipping the animation for whatever reason?

#2274 8 years ago

How often are you guys getting BW multiball twice? I'm getting to it another time like once every 15-20 games.

#2275 8 years ago

Also am I the only one that thinks it's pretty important to have you max multipliers available going into your first multiball? My BW MB totals have climbed from 200 million to close to a billion because of this.

#2276 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How often are you guys getting BW multiball twice? I'm getting to it another time like once every 15-20 games.

I've actually started going for it more lately. Usually I would get caught up in a sort of get the 2 houses with BWM, then try to move in quickly to HOTK etc. I've run into lately that instead of hitting a shot toward progression in a house, I can just wing a shot at light a lock a lot and do some damage there.

#2277 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also am I the only one that thinks it's pretty important to have you max multipliers available going into your first multiball? My BW MB totals have climbed from 200 million to close to a billion because of this.

I started Martell, next were Greyjoy and Stark, and went into BWMB with Lannister and Tyrell. My score came from BWMB I looked down just before super jackpots and was running 5x. I was crushing SJs.

#2278 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I started Martell, next were Greyjoy and Stark, and went into BWMB with Lannister and Tyrell. My score came from BWMB I looked down just before super jackpots and was running 5x. I was crushing SJs.

Nice. I had a game where I was 2 bills without getting to HOTK and only playing BWMB once, cause I got all the way around to SJs again for a second round and was getting like 150 million a pop haha.

#2279 8 years ago

i finally got to iron throne last night. the depth of that wizard mode is nuts, you start out with 2 balls, then need to complete each house (1 at a time) and you can add balls by hitting the battering ram. i think i closed out 4 houses, i was too pumped up to really know what was going on. i ended up with 4.2 bil total, and started with house baratheon. people will flip out when they finally get to experience this mode.

#2280 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

BW MB typically twice a game. Start off lighting LOL with batatheon drops while ball saver active. This will almost always deflect to Tyrell to light ball 1.

With LOL lit, getting batatheon becomes easier cause it's drain shots are usually to the outlanes. So I'll continue to work on getting baratheon lit. Meanwhile, hits to Tyrell will occur from a rebound off baratheon. So lighting locks happens fast and easy. However, if I'm not playing house Tyrell, I'll switch my strat and focus on Tyrell targets rather than baratheon drops, after lighting LOL of course. If at anytime I use my LOL, I'll switch tactics and light other houses.

As for pf multiplier, it's such a dangerous shot that I'll only go for it in single ball play to refresh the timer or advance the multiplier if ready. Otherwise, I use multiball to get multipliers going. When I get out of multiball I'm isuay at 3x-5x pf multiplier and will pass on any modes to use the multipliers on my WICs.

#2281 8 years ago

I love the multipliers. I don't recall the specifics, but last night I had a single shot during Targaryen mode that was 80M!

#2282 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for pf multiplier, it's such a dangerous shot that I'll only go for it in single ball play to refresh the timer or advance the multiplier if ready. Otherwise, I use multiball to get multipliers going. When I get out of multiball I'm isuay at 3x-5x pf multiplier and will pass on any modes to use the multipliers on my WICs.

What I meant was if you don't complete modes and collect at least 2 swords before BW MB, your multipliers cannot go any higher than 3x PF or combo. So 9x mixed max. If you get a couple swords before MB, now you can get those 25x shots.

#2283 8 years ago

New GOT Pro in the house! Now I know it doesn't have all the bells & whistles that the Premium has but it sure is fast & fun! And isn't fun what pinball is all about! Plays perfect right out of the box! Best, Charlie

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2284 8 years ago

also, hitting the Tyrell targets perfectly in the middle to get them both to register is amazing haha.

#2285 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

also, hitting the Tyrell targets perfectly in the middle to get them both to register is amazing haha.

Well as per my usual pinball skills I currently suck at that!

#2286 8 years ago

Still think the pro looks better without the huge miniplayfield. I do have a premium on order though ?!?

Damn, which should I get? Pro or Prem? Money is not an issue.

#2287 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

If I were keeping it forever I might make it a Prem. Also, the lighting is super extreme on the prem/LE if that factors in at all

#2288 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Still think the pro looks better without the huge miniplayfield. I do have a premium on order though ?!?

I have always respected the opinion of TheLaw. Both are great games

#2289 8 years ago

This game is just so much fun! I'm a slow rules guy so I know i will be discovering stuff for a long time to come. I think the pro is absolutely amazing. I knew I liked the pro from league so I pulled the trigger on one. Still haven't played the premium, but I look forward to the day I do. This game surprised me how much I like it. Thanks Stern, another winner!

#2290 8 years ago

I enjoy the premium. The upper playfield is very good, but I think could benefit from a little more strategy/complexity.

After a couple months with the Premium, it would be the lighting I'd say would be the big differentiator. It is quite amazing to have ALL the RGB lights playing in harmony. It is quite stunning and (for me) really does add to the game play, especially when the various special modes kick-in.

I only played about a dozen games on a Pro, before I received my Premium. At that time I knew ZERO about gameplay and strategies, so I found the game a bit thin. I am looking for a more local Pro to play, knowing what I know now to make a fair comparison. I do enjoy nice flowing games and would really like to see that in action in GoT.

#2291 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Tough call. I like the art on the Premium the best, but I've always had doubts whether I would like the mini playfield or not. Money is an issue for me so I'll probably stick with my pro. If money wasn't an issue, well that might be different.

Rob

#2292 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I enjoy the premium. The upper playfield is very good, but I think could benefit from a little more strategy/complexity.
After a couple months with the Premium, it would be the lighting I'd say would be the big differentiator. It is quite amazing to have ALL the RGB lights playing in harmony. It is quite stunning and (for me) really does add to the game play, especially when the various special modes kick-in.
I only played about a dozen games on a Pro, before I received my Premium. At that time I knew ZERO about gameplay and strategies, so I found the game a bit thin. I am looking for a more local Pro to play, knowing what I know now to make a fair comparison. I do enjoy nice flowing games and would really like to see that in action in GoT.

That's good to hear. I agree that lightshows can really put a game over the top. I love the light show on STLE and I think it brings a big element to the playing experience. There may come a time down the road that I swap for a premium, but for now I love what the pro has to offer. I never expected to get either version honestly. I don't watch the show and my initial reaction on release was like almost everyone ...
But after playing it a few times I cracked and GOT IT!!

#2293 8 years ago

I had a really cool moment playing GOT premium tonight. I may never have this happen again. I was in multiball with 3 balls in play. I got extra ball lit. The action was frantic and then everything stopped for an instant. I had one ball trapped on the upper left flipper, one ball trapped on the lower right flipper, and the third ball was kicked up to the throne while it played the EB animation. It was a cool moment! Then back to the action!

#2294 8 years ago

can some of you guys verify if your game keeps time and date.

everytime i want to play midnight madness nothing.
re-set the clock, 24 hours later it goes back to feb, 15, 2015, even after the update.

#2295 8 years ago

I just got a GOT pro today...I put the SD card in my computer to view the files and now (with the SD re-inserted) My GOT won't boot!?!?! Just stays locked on the Stern logo. Possible the card is corrupt or something? Can somebody please send me the raw image?

thanks...any other ideas are greatly appreciated as well

#2296 8 years ago
Quoted from dino7c:

I just got a GOT pro today...I put the SD card in my computer to view the files and now (with the SD re-inserted) My GOT won't boot!?!?! Just stays locked on the Stern logo. Possible the card is corrupt or something? Can somebody please send me the raw image?
thanks...any other ideas are greatly appreciated as well

Yea. It's possible you messed up the card. I'm pretty sure I made an image of the card at one point if you need it

#2297 8 years ago

GOT is definitely a great great game. Im not even a fan of the show but i would own this pin for sure!

#2298 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea. It's possible you messed up the card. I'm pretty sure I made an image of the card at one point if you need it

Yeah I posted in that thread and think I sent you a PM...would really appreciate that image, just got the thing today and already wrecked it lol

thanks

#2299 8 years ago
Quoted from dino7c:

Yeah I posted in that thread and think I sent you a PM...would really appreciate that image, just got the thing today and already wrecked it lol
thanks

Already sent you a link. You'll have to update the software after you reimage it

#2300 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Already sent you a link. You'll have to update the software after you reimage it

Worked! you saved my weekend...thanks so much. I'm new here and can already tell this is a great community!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.