371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 144.
#2201 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disagree. Although wall MB is easier to get to, it is not lucrative at all. Unless I just don't know how to play it right.
Let me ask you this. Does your ram register consistently? If not, that could be why you're not getting better scores. I own a Pro and I would say that I play battle for the wall multiball once every 10 games and I score over a billion regularly.
The main thing that is easier on the prem is Martel mode. You cannot make full orbit shots consistently on a prem, so that makes this mode a joke to complete.
Also, I bet if you avoid completing castles so that the drop target never comes up on the right ramp, your average scores will go up too.
Oh and your extra ball collect is an easier shot too unless the games doesn't grab the ball when you make the shot haha.

My ram works as it should, my orbits work as they should, and so does my throne.

Castles have nothing to do with the drop target. It is the Castle Multi-Ball advance that bring back up the drop target. Sure I could turn that off but it is a nice feature to have you earn back to the castle.

It sucks all you people that think the Premium plays like a dog because of the out of box issues. Well anyone can fix the issues to make them work as they should. Or they can just keep complaining on pinside how Stern should fix it.

I must suck.. But I do still think the Pro is easier. Less to shoot at = easier game.

#2202 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Castles have nothing to do with the drop target. It is the Castle Multi-Ball advance that bring back up the drop target. Sure I could turn that off but it is a nice feature to have you earn back to the castle.

This is what I meant. So you game might play a little easier if you didn't go for castle MB and tried the other stuff that is more lucrative.

If you get better at BW Multiballs you can get over a billion there alone.

Also, I don't think it's as cut and dry as less to shoot=easier game. See iron man. I think hat certain people are just better at certain shots.

Do you find it easier to hit the right orbit than the dragon kickback? I certainly do. So while it may be pretty easy for me to qualify battle for the wall multiball, I'm absolutely horrible at the dragon shot. That is also why most of my BTW MBs flame out because the super JP is at the dragon shot.

If I had a prem, I think my success with the game would be similar overall, but just struggle with different areas.

Right now I rarely get the mystery because it's also at the dragon shot. On the prem I would be getting mystery shots all day cause they are on the right orbit.

Same with extra balls. It's very hard to collect them on the pro for me, but I don't think I have ever left one lit in the dozen or so opportunities to collect them on a prem.

#2203 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I think the pro must be an easier game. As the premium is kicking my ass. only 1 game over 1 bil in 2 weeks of ownership.
I assume wall multi ball is much easier to achieve on the pro as all you have to do is clear the top lanes to advance as opposed to hitting the kickback shot? I would think wall multi ball would come every game if that is the case. Top lane have no risk in hitting. The damn gold targets get in my way on the kickback shot. Then SDTM.

Same here. BUT, eventually I started cracking 2b, 3b, my best is 4.6B on the premium. The keys to scoring well on the premium/le are getting dialed in on the dragon shot, and getting good at completing the upper playfield. Also, always try to make good use of your upper playfield during modes to add time, especially on Stark mode.

#2204 8 years ago

Interesting tidbit. Per the owner the GOT Prem at our league spot is doing extremely well averaging about $200/wk. It is crushing TWD, MET, AFM, MB, BDK, IJ4, WNBJM, DMOS and everything else over there. The serious players love the strategy and depth and can't get enough.

#2205 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think another problem I have with this game is that's it's too easy to get to the wizard mode. Once I get to a wizard mode of a game, it usually sits there unplayed for months. There is a lot of strategy in GoT in picking your house. But that results in having a favorite house or two then it's just the same play steps after that.
I also get a decent amount of center ramp rejects off the left flipper. That definitely takes away from the fun. Maybe there's just something about my game in that regard though.

I tend to rotate between Martell, Tyrell and Greyjoy. Mostly Martell, but if I have enough games where that mode pisses me off, I'll take Tyrell or Greyjoy as a breather. If I'm practicing for a match-play tourney though, I'll want to focus on consistently good scores, and for my purposes, that's Tyrell.

#2206 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that would piss me off too.

You shaking that bad boy when it gets near the outlanes? Don't let it push you around!

The relative lightness of the pro makes the one I play on essentially super-sensitive. I have zero-to-tilted on many occasions that would be one warning max on any other recent Stern.

#2207 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The relative lightness of the pro makes the one I play on essentially super-sensitive. I have zero-to-tilted on many occasions that would be one warning max on any other recent Stern.

I agree it seems to go over the warnings pretty quick.

#2208 8 years ago

I added a few figures.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2209 8 years ago

Thinking of getting mirror blades for my Pro. I was thinking either the black or gold ones. Standard mirrors I don't think would fit the theme.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

what do you guys think? I have never bought these before so any information about them would be great!

#2210 8 years ago

I have the gold tone blades from pinballdecals.com and they are great. No sharp edges and install in 20 min tops taking your time. I have installed less expensive brands and have cut myself. Understand I have had roughly three other brands before I went to pbds and after 6 installs still very happy.

#2211 8 years ago

I have standard blades and they look fine with the chrome ramps but I would rather have gold

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2212 8 years ago

I have my game measuring perfectly level and 6.8 degrees....it's far easier to hit the center shot from the right flipper than from the left. I can hit from the left but it is a lot tighter. It's nearly impossible to hit the dragon shot from the left flipper (cradled)....has to be .001mm accuracy to hit it (Think I've done it twice ever and basically don't even try anymore). Should I set mine up so that it's not perfectly level? I remember that my ST could not be perfectly level or most center shots to the magnet would get released SDTM. I had to put a very slight right lean to it. If I got it just right I could hit the mode start shot on the left "on the fly" from a clean center release.....which was actually my favorite shot.

#2213 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have my game measuring perfectly level and 6.8 degrees....it's far easier to hit the center shot from the right flipper than from the left. I can hit from the left but it is a lot tighter. It's nearly impossible to hit the dragon shot from the left flipper (cradled)....has to be .001mm accuracy to hit it (Think I've done it twice ever and basically don't even try anymore). Should I set mine up so that it's not perfectly level? I remember that my ST could not be perfectly level or most center shots to the magnet would get released SDTM. I had to put a very slight right lean to it. If I got it just right I could hit the mode start shot on the left "on the fly" from a clean center release.....which was actually my favorite shot.

No harm in playing around with it. I think the center ramp should be almost as easy to hit from the left as it is from the right.

I don't know of anyone that could hit the dragon shot from a cradle on the left consistently. That is what it is IMO. Just a very hard shot that can only be hit from the right or rolling/on the fly backhands.

#2214 8 years ago

Question on HOTK. So I cleared all the jackpots, got a super, then all the jackpots lit again. When does that hurry up start? After the second set of jackpots? Or does it depend on who you bring into HOTK?

#2215 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Question on HOTK. So I cleared all the jackpots, got a super, then all the jackpots lit again. When does that hurry up start? After the second set of jackpots? Or does it depend on who you bring into HOTK?

Hurry up begins on the ram after the 3rd set unless you bring Greyjoy in, then it's the 2nd set.

And if you bring stark in, there's a bonus round free for all shooting for 20 secs in between sets.

#2216 8 years ago

Question: What is the significance of the AMBER shield that lights up in front of the various shots? ~Same color as Martell, but I see this when not in Martell mode. Guessing its a playfield multiplier (?), but I cannot seen any change when I hit those lit shots.

Thanks!

#2217 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't know cause I've never made it that far. I did have my best ever HOTK just about 5 minutes ago. 1.25Billion!

#2218 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hurry up begins on the ram after the 3rd set unless you bring Greyjoy in, then it's the 2nd set.
And if you bring stark in, there's a bonus round free for all shooting for 20 secs in between sets.

Thanks brotha

#2219 8 years ago

I suck playing pro. Getting shots down but confused as hell. Need a strategy to start like which two houses to start with

#2220 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Question: What is the significance of the AMBER shield that lights up in front of the various shots? ~Same color as Martel, but I see this when not in Martel mode. Guessing its a playfield multiplier (?), but I cannot seen any change when I hit those lit shots.
Thanks!

That's because you picked Martel as your house on ball one an completed a WIC hurry up on that particular shot. Complete four of those to start Winter had come multiball

#2221 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's because you picked Martel as your house on ball one an completed a WIC hurry up on that particular shot. Complete four of those to start Winter had come multiball

Nice explanation. Thanks!

#2222 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I suck playing pro. Getting shots down but confused as hell. Need a strategy to start like which two houses to start with

Thankfully it's not that simple. So many combinations and strategies.

I good starter is to pick Martel, light Greyjoy. Start them both, complete both. Then light stark and Lannister goin into BW MB. If you have a good multiball you should be well over 1 billion after that.

#2223 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I would leave it level. The center ramp from the left flipper should be harder than from the right due to the angle of the shot. Like chuckwurt said, the dragon shot is not makeable from a trap on the left. You can post pass. Or my favorite, shoot the center ramp from the left flipper, then on the fly nail the dragon shot. Very satisfying!

Another shot tidbit of info. I will shoot the left orbit from the right flipper, but it's much safer to post pass and then back hand the left orbit. In Louisville playoffs I was on ball 3 and I checked my instant info and I was 2 away from Wall MB. So I backhanded the left orbit, live catch on the right, post pass to the left, backhand the left orbit. I did this successfully 4 times in a row and started Wall MB. Had I been shooting the left orbit from the right flipper, one miss to a stand-up target and I would've been toast!

#2224 8 years ago

So just had an insane game on my pro with 3 billion scored, have had it 2 weeks and previous highest was just over 1 billion (3 balls, no extras, outlanes all the way open and STEEP pitch).

Used Martell and was already having a decent game when I started a 4th WiC hurry up then shot the dragon to start Wall multiball. Then during wall the hurry up got finished so it stacked in Winter has Come and everything went bananas for a few minutes, had a very long 6 ball multiball running, no idea what to shoot for as was too busy trying to keep them all in play.

Honestly was the most frantic pinball game I've had since getting LITZ for the very first time. GoT is amazeballs and will surely get even better with further updates!

#2225 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

So just had an insane game on my pro with 3 billion scored, have had it 2 weeks and previous highest was just over 1 billion (3 balls, no extras, outlanes all the way open and STEEP pitch).
Used Martell and was already having a decent game when I started a 4th WiC hurry up then shot the dragon to start Wall multiball. Then during wall the hurry up got finished so it stacked in Winter has Come and everything went bananas for a few minutes, had a very long 6 ball multiball running, no idea what to shoot for as was too busy trying to keep them all in play.
Honestly was the most frantic pinball game I've had since getting LITZ for the very first time. GoT is amazeballs and will surely get even better with further updates!

What time was it when things went crazy?

#2226 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

I love my GOT. I think the software is amazing. But Dwight is working on GB. I really think the software is finished for GOT. I would happily be wrong, but don't you think that's the case?

#2227 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I love my GOT. I think the software is amazing. But Dwight is working on GB. I really think the software is finished for GOT. I would happily be wrong, but don't you think that's the case?

I don't. Haha

#2228 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Heya Steve! Dwight has a full plate with both GB and GOT, but he is going to do more updates for GOT. The bigger question is when? I'm hoping once the first run pro's, premiums, and LEs get out the door he'll be able to give us a little attention

#2229 8 years ago

The GoT content is all there. All that's coming might be some bug fixes and perhaps some polishes but I wouldn't expect any sort of major rule changes or modes.

#2230 8 years ago

I'd expect some code polish, but it does feel for the most part pretty complete code. I would love to see the color change led on the premium castle black shot change color depending on how far along WMB you have progressed.

Some upper playfield tweaks would be nice. How about a hurry up involving upper playfield shots?

Compared to my past 2 NIB purchases this is way far along. Metallica took a year or so as did The Walking Dead. Lyman is either way to busy with Spike, or very slow, cause Dwight is doing a good job finishing code in a timely manner.

#2231 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Slight correction As I just pulled it off with GJ, Tyrell, Baratheon, Lannister! the ram shot completes a set so after you clear the white shots a second time you have to hit the ram twice. First to complete the set and start the hurry up and second to collect the hurry up. I just noticed this as I did it, but with 4x going I hit the ram after the second set of white targets and it was only 900M. I thought to myself, that's not right then proceeded to drain to one ball. Just as it showed my HOTK total I hit the ram for the hurry up. It showed my total as 1.6bil for the mode but must have registered my hurry up jackpot cause when I looked up at my score after, it was 7.6!

Anyway, HOTK works like this (rules vary depending on the 4 houses you have but...):

- complete all white targets
- hit ram
- that completes one set
<stark bonus round if you brought stark in>

- complete all white targets
- hit ram to complete set
- hurry up begins at ram shot

If you don't have greyjoy then you have to do another set to start the hurry up.

Hope this makes sense.

#2232 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Lyman is either way to busy with Spike, or very slow, cause Dwight is doing a good job finishing code in a timely manner.

I think Dwight just codes a lot faster, however, Lyman's rules are usually more inventive. More likely Lyman spends a lot of time playing and testing to get to the result he produces. Dwights rules are interesting but not always super fun and strategic. There's a huge difference in Metallica or TWD vs say GoT or Star Trek in strategy, stacking, etc.

#2233 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's a huge difference in Metallica or TWD vs say GoT or Star Trek in strategy, stacking, etc.

True.....the funny thing is I like GOT and ST more than MET and TWD......and AC/DC (which would be last in this list of games for me). I'm glad Dwight is doing GB.

#2234 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Heya Steve! Dwight has a full plate with both GB and GOT, but he is going to do more updates for GOT. The bigger question is when? I'm hoping once the first run pro's, premiums, and LEs get out the door he'll be able to give us a little attention

Hey there! Do you know this for sure or just feel that way? I was thinking when I got the game that he would, but don't think so now.

#2235 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

True.....the funny thing is I like GOT and ST more that MET and TWD......and AC/DC (which would be last in this list of games for me). I'm glad Dwight is doing GB.

With the exception of TWD I agree. I'd much prefer to hit the start on got than met or acdc. The coding is just so well done on this game. Always a different way to tackle it.

#2236 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Until code is addressed, im gonna say no. I found the premium not as fun and exciting as the pro. So i dont think upgrading is going to satisfy your needs. Some games just arent meant for everyone. If you sell it, just move on.

I enjoy both, but might get bored with the Pro quicker than the Premium/LE. The Pro has more flow and less issues out of the box, but I find the Premium/LE to be more difficult and I love the upper playfield. (My 5th game on the Pro I put up 2.3 billion and I didn't know what I was doing, location game and not setup as difficult as my in home GOT) I think it helps the replay ability significantly though. It's can be tough to get the ball up to the mini PF without cradling on the right flipper and it's not easy keeping it in play either. The right standup can be a bear, since it's partially obscured by the posts to the right of it. So Castle MB is not easy to get.

My biggest gripe with this game is I don't feel immersed in the theme like I did with other games like Tron and Star Trek. I would love to see them add a few more callouts and some better dots.

#2237 8 years ago

Duplicate post. So I will add a picture of my game with standard mirror blades.

I need to change my upper PF bats to SS as well.

IMG_2427_(resized).JPGIMG_2427_(resized).JPG

IMG_2429_(resized).JPGIMG_2429_(resized).JPG

#2238 8 years ago

I'd be upset if there isn't a code update after the story is complete. I'd like to see some trim and polish now, but the game of thrones story is far from being finished

#2239 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'd be upset if there isn't a code update after the story is complete. I'd like to see some trim and polish now, but the game of thrones story is far from being finished

There's no way they are going to revisit this game and add onto it as the show progresses. It is basically what it is now.

#2240 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Hey there! Do you know this for sure or just feel that way? I was thinking when I got the game that he would, but don't think so now.

Well the fact that Dwight bought one for his own home should be a good indicator.

#2241 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well the fact that Dwight bought one for his own home should be a good indicator.

Well, that possible, but maybe he just wanted the game?

Actually, I'm hoping more for the loop fix. I played a pro for the first time and was amazed at how much different and brutal it is.

#2242 8 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

maybe he just wanted the game?

You don't think the guy who coded it will continue to tweak it when he comes across any issues and then make those public? I know I would. (When I had time to do so) < I think that's the only question.....when, not if.

#2243 8 years ago

What are the best option for getting a speaker grill design for game of thrones?

#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What are the best option for getting a speaker grill design for game of thrones?

If you are referring to cutouts look up modfather. I bought his dragon inserts and really like them.

#2245 8 years ago

Has anybody experienced volume spikes during gameplay on the pro? The music volume increases for about a second then goes back to normal and I have noticed this several times.

#2246 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anybody experienced volume spikes during gameplay on the pro? The music volume increases for about a second then goes back to normal and I have noticed this several times.

yep mine does that.

#2247 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Only on the older code. Haven't heard it with the latest.

#2248 8 years ago

Didn't realize the latest code was supposed to fix the volume spikes. I'll have to install it and see if that does the trick.

#2249 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep mine does that.

Yep. Still there on 1.26. Stern knows about it.

#2250 8 years ago

Someone make a nice video tutorial. I love this pin but still just learning shots

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.