371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.
#2101 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I'm sick of all the BS people talk about the art and how they were totally off on this theme. Sure the art needs help but code and gameplay is where this game will shine. You don't play the art people!

I must be high, but I like the art on this game, and I'm really hating the art on GB (but I'm not a big fan of the theme, either). And nobody is complaining about the boring rails on the LE, when everybody was ripping on the GOT LE's rails and how they didn't light up.

An incredible double standard on Pinside. If I had time I'd cull all the hypocrisy into one thread to show how dumb people can be.

And PS - Nobody can tell me the GB backglass is better than GOT LE...

#2103 8 years ago

Just waiting on the battering ram so I can get both! Great job. My stock ram is all beat up already so need to upgrade.

#2104 8 years ago

Fixed my issue with autolaunch, sometimes the ball would just jump like crazy. Found the issue to be the ramp in the shooter lane. It is not lined up the best on my machine and with auto launch the ball would ride the right side of the lane due to the power/angle of the launch.

I removed the ramp in the shooter lane and filed down the right side with the tall edge. It now has a nice smooth transition and seems to be working much better.

20160311_111418_(resized).jpg20160311_111418_(resized).jpg

#2105 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I must be high, but I like the art on this game, and I'm really hating the art on GB (but I'm not a big fan of the theme, either). And nobody is complaining about the boring rails on the LE, when everybody was ripping on the GOT LE's rails and how they didn't light up.
An incredible double standard on Pinside. If I had time I'd cull all the hypocrisy into one thread to show how dumb people can be.
And PS - Nobody can tell me the GB backglass is better than GOT LE...

I disagree with everything you said, including that the GB LE rails are boring. They're not boring, they're ugly

#2106 8 years ago

Lets keep this thread on track got kicks ass and us gottters know it

#2107 8 years ago

Gots to remember to update my gots this weekend!

#2108 8 years ago

Me too. I tried last night but it wouldn't work. Might buy a new flash and try again

#2109 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Me too. I tried last night but it wouldn't work. Might buy a new flash and try again

I've for sure had to re-download codes before and try 2 times to get it to work. Seems to be finicky aboot it for some reason.

#2110 8 years ago

GOT ready for its first pinball Friday and ready to kick some ass.

20160311_185229_(resized).jpg20160311_185229_(resized).jpg

#2111 8 years ago

I have a pair of the GOT Kingdom Sign mods from Cointaker that I decided not to install and would like to sell for a discounted price. I paid $44.95 shipped and would sell for $30.00 shipped. PM me if interested. Thanks!

http://cointaker.com/products/game-of-thrones-kingdom-sign-mod

#2112 8 years ago

Last night I replaced the balls, installed mylar on the shooter lane, and swapped the red inlane guides for blue. Also put on some blue silicon flipper rubbers. Looks nice!

20160310_192245_(resized).jpg20160310_192245_(resized).jpg

#2113 8 years ago

I noticed in that picture the flipper bats look yellow. They're definitely white. Here's another pic with a flash.

20160310_192253_(resized).jpg20160310_192253_(resized).jpg

#2114 8 years ago

Whoa. That looks great!!

#2115 8 years ago

I tried Light Blue and Dark Blue flipper rubbers. Went with Dark Blue like you. Looks great.

Also tried Translucent and White on the slings and posts. Went with White.

#2116 8 years ago

Hope this was not already covered. On my pro, latest code, all the spots never seem to be lit...I think they flashed for a second on one of the modes....Should the spots by the slings and the ones in the back be on all the time?

Thx

#2117 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Hope this was not already covered. On my pro, latest code, all the spots never seem to be lit...I think they flashed for a second on one of the modes....Should the spots by the slings and the ones in the back be on all the time?
Thx

Nope. those are not spot lights. They are flashers. They only flash at certain times.

#2118 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. those are not spot lights. They are flashers. They only flash at certain times.

Thanks.

#2119 8 years ago

Eating my lunch and whatu know black raven followed me

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2120 8 years ago

Did it have 3 eyes?

#2121 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Did it have 3 eyes?

Sure did

#2122 8 years ago

Great, now every time I hear Melisandre say the night is dark and full of terrors, I chuckle...

#2123 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man, I cannot seem to find a full proof strategy for when I play the GOT Pro for competition. Should I be short plunging and trap up to get a free swing on the lock targets or the LOL targets? I keep going between Tyrell, GJ, and Martell but my strategy with each has tough shots I cannot make consistently.
If I go GJ, I seriously have ended many games where I haven't even gotten martell mode lit, haha.
If I go Martell, I usually get GJ mode lit, and then play Martell and GJ and knock those out together. Then I go for the Lannister Stark stack in MB. Then hope to be ready for HOTK after multiball, but I can only pull this off once out of every ten games or so.
If I go Tyrell, I am really just making sure that if I have a terrible game, it will be better than the guy I am playing's terrible game if he picks another house.
Maybe if I am going last in a 4 player group, I will base my decision on what houses are picked by the other players and how their first ball went?
Pretty awesome all the different ways to attack this game.

For most consistent scoring, I would recommend picking Martel as the add-a-ball feature is very important. Short plunge, drop the three Lord of the Light targets to get that lit. Once lit, shoot three center ramps and three spinner shots to get Greyjoy and Lannister both lit. Work your 3 Blackwater locks and start that multiball with a Lannister and Greyjoy stack. Ball one multiball is huge since you can only use the Martel add a ball once per ball. Make sure to pound on the playfield x shot and cash in on some big super jackpots. From there, try starting and finishing either Stark or Baratheon in order to start HOTK.

I have found that Wall MB isn't worth many points, so brining the blue mode (Tarjeyen sp??) in with that is probably the best way to go. Don't use add a ball with Wall MB as it's not worth it. Much higher value for HOTK and Blackwater MB.

Good luck!

#2124 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

For most consistent scoring, I would recommend picking Martel as the add-a-ball feature is very important. Short plunge, drop the three Lord of the Light targets to get that lit. Once lit, shoot three center ramps and three spinner shots to get Greyjoy and Lannister both lit. Work your 3 Blackwater locks and start that multiball with a Lannister and Greyjoy stack. Ball one multiball is huge since you can only use the Martel add a ball once per ball. Make sure to pound on the playfield x shot and cash in on some big super jackpots. From there, try starting and finishing either Stark or Baratheon in order to start HOTK.
I have found that Wall MB isn't worth many points, so brining the blue mode (Tarjeyen sp??) in with that is probably the best way to go. Don't use add a ball with Wall MB as it's not worth it. Much higher value for HOTK and Blackwater MB.
Good luck!

Pretty much my strategy, but as far as consistency goes, I tend to get consistenly good scores with Tyrell. Flubbing Martell's mode two balls in a row is pretty painful.

#2125 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Good luck!

I was doing this strategy for a while then got away from it mainly because of you do this exact route, when you get to BW MB, your multipliers are still limited to 3x. When I get there I want them open all the way to 5x. That's where I've seen my biggest games. That's why I try and kill two modes before even starting MB, then bring 2 more into MB. That way after a good long BW MB, I probably have 5x playfield running, and HOTK lit. Just waaay easier said than done.

I may go back to you strategy and see if my average score picks up at all. Also remember the default setting on new code is one LOL per game so not sure if going after those right away is good anymore.

#2126 8 years ago

After playing all the houses many times, which house do you think is the hardest to score well on? For me it's Lannister. For the longest time my best Lannister score was around 900M, then last night I finally got around 1.4M. If they do any scoring balances with future code updates, Lannister needs to be beefed up.

Probably second hardest for me to score on is playing as Baratheon.

My go to house is going to be Greyjoy if in qualifying. If in matchplay it's gonna be Martell or Tyrell, but I think I would always choose Martell over Tyrell.

#2127 8 years ago

Toss-up between Stark and Lannister. I've yet to have a >1B wall multiball, so maybe Baratheon too.

For match play, I prefer Tyrell. A ramp-target-ramp combo during Joust is usually good for 70M from the onset, assuming you use your powerup wisely. Safer points, really.

#2128 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Toss-up between Stark and Lannister. I've yet to have a >1B wall multiball, so maybe Baratheon too.
For match play, I prefer Tyrell. A ramp-target-ramp combo during Joust is usually good for 70M from the onset, assuming you use your powerup wisely. Safer points, really.

whats your high score average and top score?

#2129 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

whats your high score average and top score?

My best is about 7.7B as Martell. I needed to use Martell's add a ball during HOTK which let me cash in a massive hurry-up that was over 4.5B alone. But that was the only time I was able to pull off a HOTK of that magnitude. An "average" game is usually around the 500-600M mark.

#2130 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

My best is about 7.7B as Martell. I needed to use Martell's add a ball during HOTK which let me cash in a massive hurry-up that was over 4.5B alone. But that was the only time I was able to pull off a HOTK of that magnitude. An "average" game is usually around the 500-600M mark.

thanks

#2131 8 years ago

Does anybody else have these "burned in" dots on their display? I noticed them more lately and doesn't seem right. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg I sent Melissa at CT a request from Stern that they replace this display.

#2132 8 years ago

Nope, that ain't right. Did you try re-seating the connectors?

#2133 8 years ago

This was very common on ACDC, Metallica, etc. This is the first one I've seen on a GOT.

#2134 8 years ago

No I have not tried to reseat the connectors. I will do that and see if it helps.

#2135 8 years ago

make sure powers off when you do it. But if that doesnt fix it, contact your distributor. Stern will send out a replacement and will require you to return the bad one back to them.

#2136 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No I have not tried to reseat the connectors. I will do that and see if it helps.

Replace ASAP before warranty is up. I had to replace two on my TWD. If it goes away I assure you it will be back and worse.

#2137 8 years ago

Yeah that's not right.....but I don't think we needed that many examples

#2138 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have a Star Trek Pro on location that is starting to do that.
Have not messed with it yet because it is not very noticeable during game play.
Fingers crossed it is just a loose connection.

#2139 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have a Star Trek Pro on location that is starting to do that.
Have not messed with it yet because it is not very noticeable during game play.
Fingers crossed it is just a loose connection.

Not a loose connection. Sure you can wiggle your wires and reboot machine, but I assure you it will come back maybe not next week, but in a few months. First TWD display did that out of box, wiggled wires and it went away, came back in a month. It will become more noticeable later on I am afraid

IMG_5685_(resized).JPGIMG_5685_(resized).JPG

IMG_5688_(resized).JPGIMG_5688_(resized).JPG

#2140 8 years ago

I don't think it is a loose connection. I re-seated both connectors and not any better. I called Stern and my distributor and they will be sending a replacement display. Hopefully your still under warranty too

#2141 8 years ago

Been having a lot of double balls being ejected into the shooter lane lately. I re-seated both opto connectors and still does it every once in a while. Also was in BW multiball and after I drained all of the extra balls with one still in play it thought I was still in multiball. WTF, looked for a stuck ball in the loops or bumpers and ended up being a ball in the shooter that never got plunged during multiball. Weird, I think there are still a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. Anybody else experiencing this?

#2142 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Been having a lot of double balls being ejected into the shooter lane lately. I re-seated both opto connectors and still does it every once in a while. Also was in BW multiball and after I drained all of the extra balls with one still in play it thought I was still in multiball. WTF, looked for a stuck ball in the loops or bumpers and ended up being a ball in the shooter that never got plunged during multiball. Weird, I think there are still a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. Anybody else experiencing this?

I experienced this with HOK where it would stay in shooter lane

#2143 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Could be cracked solder joints on your optos.

#2144 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

fixed mine that had same issue with opto

#2145 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

So I just heat up the solder joints so they re-flow solidly?

#2146 8 years ago

Frustration!! I just had back to back games where I had 1.6 and 1.7 billion after ball one, and finished with under 2 billion in each. Holy hell. Haha

#2147 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So I just heat up the solder joints so they re-flow solidly?

Yes. Do you have some soldering experience?

#2148 8 years ago

Yes I do. Hardest part will probably be just removing them to get access to the soldering points. I have yet to see how easy or hard that will be.

#2149 8 years ago

Had my personal best score tonight. I was crushing the super jackpots in BWMB with 4x running. I'm still totally in the honeymoon phase but I'm so glad that I have this game. GOT definitely kicks ass!

IMG_20160316_210503203_(resized).jpgIMG_20160316_210503203_(resized).jpg

#2150 8 years ago

Anyone know what the lit blue arrow right under the battering ram is indicating? It flashes and says hit me but what does it do?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/43?hl=silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.