371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.
#2051 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

PBL is running a killer sale right now if you need a Rev C Shaker.

sunnuvva B. They were not selling shakers last week on their website and I bought one for a lot more money. Oh well.

#2052 8 years ago

As a new owner of a GoT Pro, is there a certain amount of protectors I should buy first, for optimal protection of playfield etc? Dunno if it exists a list somewhere, but there are quite many pages to read through in this thread to I thought Id ask here first hehe.

#2053 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

As a new owner of a GoT Pro, is there a certain amount of protectors I should buy first, for optimal protection of playfield etc? Dunno if it exists a list somewhere, but there are quite many pages to read through in this thread to I thought Id ask here first hehe.

I don't have anything on mine but plastic protectors from pinball life and lollipop side rails from pinball life. Oh and I also put a shooter lane guard that covers the wall that the ball hits when ejected from the trough. Some people put Mylar in the shooter lane too.

My game has had close to 1,000 plays so far and still looks and smells day one awesome.

#2054 8 years ago

As noted by chuck, I added small mylar pieces to the right edge of the shooter lane and to the side rail wall. I was seeing a little abrasion in that area after just ~200-300 plays.

Lastly, I added a mylar pad where the ball drops off the backside of the upper playfield. There is raw sheet metal back there. There is no damage here I can detect so far; I am hoping this will reduce likelihood of metal shavings over time.

#2055 8 years ago

I also thought about adding a small piece of mylar under where the ball is resting when in the dragon/mystery lock (pro). Dunno if it already is, have to check.

#2056 8 years ago

Man, I guess I leveled my game perfect after getting back from LAX. Now I can make center ramp shots from the left flipper at will! My Multiballs are much better now especially wall MB.

Oh and if you wax your game, prepare for balls to fly off the sword lock ramp until you get somes plays on it haha. Man it's fast!

#2057 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I also thought about adding a small piece of mylar under where the ball is resting when in the dragon/mystery lock (pro). Dunno if it already is, have to check.

My premium has Mylar everywhere it's needed. In the pop bumpers, at the kickback, inlanes where the wire forms drop the ball, back of the orbit where the upper Playfield drops down. I did add a piece to the metal ramp that is used under the upper Playfield, but everywhere else was good.

#2058 8 years ago

I was able to break 1.3 billion today and had an awesome game! I think I defeated 5 of the seven houses, was in HOTK and didn't do to good, mainly because I had no idea was I was shooting for. Awesome time. This game is one of the fastest machines out there, even faster than ACDC pro, whew.

#2059 8 years ago

Hmm strange, in relation to my former post on last page: i played more today and it happened again twice: in the middle of the game, playing a mode or outside a mode while the ball is bouncing around, suddenly the game says ball locked, and the mode select screen comes up. then the locked ball which was lying in the lock before the "ball locked" callout came is dropped into play, thus two balls are on the playfield. I let one drain and i can just continue as normal.

Any experienced exactly this, that the game thinks i have shot up the left ramp when i have not? Switch issue or maybe a software bug?

#2060 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hmm strange, in relation to my former post on last page: i played more today and it happened again twice: in the middle of the game, playing a mode or outside a mode while the ball is bouncing around, suddenly the game says ball locked, and the mode select screen comes up. then the locked ball which was lying in the lock before the "ball locked" callout came is dropped into play, thus two balls are on the playfield. I let one drain and i can just continue as normal.
Any experienced exactly this, that the game thinks i have shot up the left ramp when i have not? Switch issue or maybe a software bug?

Definitely something mechanical. No software bug, as this has not happened to everyone. Maybe your optos up the center ramp need looked at or the sword lock switches need looked at.

#2061 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Sounds like the opto switch at the top of the ramp. Try Reseating the connectors under the pf on the opto board.

#2062 8 years ago

just sharing,

here's a little something i did with my metal token i received about 2 months ago, my version of the shooter rod.
i know there's another guy who did something similar with a bigger one, keychain, but in my opinion way too big.

token is exactly the same size as the original handle, perfect fit.

here's a few pics.

Shooter_rod_(side)_(resized).JPGShooter_rod_(side)_(resized).JPG
Shooter_rod_installed_(resized).JPGShooter_rod_installed_(resized).JPG
Shooter_rod_installed2_(resized).JPGShooter_rod_installed2_(resized).JPG

#2063 8 years ago

How/When does the game decide to virtually lock ball 1 instead of physically locking it? Or is there something wrong on my machine? Most of the time I get the physical lock but every once in a while I will get credit for the ball lock but it will just release the ball from the sword ramp instead of launching a new ball.

#2064 8 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

How/When does the game decide to virtually lock ball 1 instead of physically locking it? Or is there something wrong on my machine? Most of the time I get the physical lock but every once in a while I will get credit for the ball lock but it will just release the ball from the sword ramp instead of launching a new ball.

I got this too the other night, thought it was odd...

#2065 8 years ago

It has happened to me too, but I haven't seen it in a while. This could be a bug.

#2066 8 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I don't think I've ever seen this...

#2067 8 years ago

The ball lock IMO can be confusing and it shouldn't be. How many balls you see up there should be the number of balls locked. If playing 2 or more players the balls can be misrepresenting how many balls are locked for a particular player. They need to show how many balls each player has locked either on the display or do something with the sword lock to compensate.

#2068 8 years ago

Just curious. Did most people leave their Outlane posts all the way open as shipped or move them to the middle setting?

#2069 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just curious. Did most people leave their Outlane posts all the way open as shipped or move them to the middle setting?

My game is default everything except for the casual play setting and free play.

#2070 8 years ago

Just found a sweet lineup of modes. I have been trying to complete two modes before BW MB. Then start two modes going into BW MB. Then try and get a big round of MB going where I have 5x field running and also complete those last two modes. Then when I finally drain out of BW MB, hit the center ramp to go right into HOTK with 5x running. Now that is a rush!

#2071 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I have a Premium and mine are still factory (all the way open)....the machine can be a frustrating drain monster

But I don't want to have long ball times and get sick of the game either, so that's where they will stay

#2072 8 years ago

Damn this game Just keeps getting more and more intense. I decided to play a random house (look away and just keep cycling houses then push fire). Ended up picking greyjoy. After getting to HOTK on ball 3, I decided to pass on all modes and go for WHC which I did using my extra ball. I then proceeded to defeat the boss twice, the second time with 5x pf for a total WHC value of 3.6B! Oh, and then right after ending WHC, with 5x still lit, I got a 625mil mystery award that cost like 5 or 6k gold, never seen that before! I barely completed 5 houses and got a 9.6B score - pretty intense game. But that's not entirely why I came here to post, hopefully Dwight is reading cause here's some future code wish list items based on this game:

1. A way to randomize which house you play at game start
2. HS table for BW mb, BFW mb, HOTK mb, and WHC mb
3. Sound effects or call out when you're one or two shots away from defeating the WHC boss and another for defeating the boss.
4. And 4, we gotta get a power item for each house like Martell (but maybe only allow greyjoy to steal passive powers, not the action button active powers).

#2073 8 years ago

With Dwight doing Ghostbusters do you think he's gonna have time to finish GOT? He's got a lot on his plate right now and I hope he gives each their due diligence.

#2074 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

With Dwight doing Ghostbusters do you think he's gonna have time to finish GOT? He's got a lot on his plate right now and I hope he gives each their due diligence.

Hes kicking ass right know

#2075 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like the opto switch at the top of the ramp. Try Reseating the connectors under the pf on the opto board.

Thanks for the tip, will check ☺ on another note;

Is there any option for softlock? Could not find it.
And, is there a simple adjustment to wipe current scores and reset to factory?

#2076 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thanks for the tip, will check ☺ on another note;
Is there any option for softlock? Could not find it.
And, is there a simple adjustment to wipe current scores and reset to factory?

I think you can erase HS and GC in the resets menu.

Some sterns have a virtual lock enable/disable, not sure if I've seen it in GOT adjustments yet.

I talked to Dwight not too long ago about the ball lock and release bug. He's aware of it but hasn't found the root cause yet as it seems to happen sporadically. Hopefully he finds it. I seem to notice the most when I choose pass for now then double flip to cancel and get a ball quickly back in play.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This is a concern I have too, but I'm pretty confident Dwight can go back and forth on two games. While one code gets released and/or beta tested he can work on the other. I'm actually excited to hopefully see regular updates coming from both games by one programmer.

#2077 8 years ago

Ive noticed a few right orbit shots not consistently registering and I think others have had this issue too. What is causing that? The lane switch is pretty high in the orbit, maybe it should have been positioned further down and not so close to the mechanism on top? In switch test the switch works fine but in game play you can notice missed shots...go figure.

#2078 8 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

It's a bug (I believe) that has always been there. What happens is that a hard shot to the lock causes the ball to bounce back further from the switches. When the ball is off the switches too long, it is not held in the lock.

Rob

#2079 8 years ago

So is this what's been causing my issue of the ball sometimes going all the way around the orbit when mystery or extra ball is lit? Really frustrating when you make the shot...only to see the ball dribble down the left orbit.

#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ive noticed a few right orbit shots not consistently registering and I think others have had this issue too. What is causing that? The lane switch is pretty high in the orbit, maybe it should have been positioned further down and not so close to the mechanism on top? In switch test the switch works fine but in game play you can notice missed shots...go figure.

I mentioned this exact same issue once before.

FYI: Did some testing with right orbit shots last night and have noticed that some were not making the right orbit and landing in pops. After taking some short video and reviewing I noticed that some times my if a really fast right orbit shot is completed that when the ball depresses the switch in order to open the interlock it will close the distance so fast from switch to interlock it hits the interlock before it opens Much like the scene from Hunt For The Red October below.

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a bug (I believe) that has always been there. What happens is that a hard shot to the lock causes the ball to bounce back further from the switches. When the ball is off the switches too long, it is not held in the lock.
Rob

I wonder if a thin strip of foam or rubber on the back of the sword would help?

#2082 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I mentioned this exact same issue once before.
FYI: Did some testing with right orbit shots last night and have noticed that some were not making the right orbit and landing in pops. After taking some short video and reviewing I noticed that some times my if a really fast right orbit shot is completed that when the ball depresses the switch in order to open the interlock it will close the distance so fast from switch to interlock it hits the interlock before it opens Much like the scene from Hunt For The Red October below.
» YouTube video

I had this issue and adjusted the switch to be more sensitive and raised it a bit taller as well, autolaunch used to just bounce over the switch now it hits the switch and goes to upper playfield from autolaunch.

#2083 8 years ago

Has anyone upgrade GoT's speakers to Flipper Fidelity? I notice they have a couple options for Spike:

8": http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-complete-replacement-speaker-system.html
10": http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-complete-replacement-speaker-system-454.html

Any carpentry needed to accommodate the the big 10" in GoT's cabinet?

Any need for anti-rattle tape with either of these?

Note: I already have an external sub attached via the headphone jack. I'm happy enough with the bass response; midtones and high range sounds are very harsh/muddy to my ears. I am hoping to improve sound quality over all.

#2084 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Has anyone upgrade GoT's speakers to Flipper Fidelity? I notice they have a couple options for Spike:
8": http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-complete-replacement-speaker-system.html
10": http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-complete-replacement-speaker-system-454.html
Note: I already have an external sub attached via the headphone jack. I'm happy enough with the bass response; midtones and high range sounds are very harsh/muddy to my ears. I am hoping to improve sound quality over all.

I've been thinking about this. I have an external sub too but nothing more. I dont think the FF sub is needed with an external sub. I've just been contemplating doing the back box speakers only which should give a good sound coupled with the external sub.

#2085 8 years ago

What size are the back box speakers? Any restrictions on what kind of speaker can go there? I've been out of the audio game for a long time, but are there still 2 way and 3 way speakers?

#2086 8 years ago

hi guys I just got my nib GOT and it says that right away you can pick which house you want to fight for but I can't find a way to pick one ....is that because the code is not complete ?

#2087 8 years ago

If it's a pro it ships with casual mode on. You can turn it off in settings.

To bypass it for one game hold the action button for 3 seconds before pressing start.

#2088 8 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

hi guys I just got my nib GOT and it says that right away you can pick which house you want to fight for but I can't find a way to pick one ....is that because the code is not complete ?

Yea what lucky dog said. Takeoff casual mode in the feature adjustments

#2089 8 years ago

thanks guys ....here are a few mods I made for my GOT.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2090 8 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

thanks guys ....here are a few mods I made for my GOT.....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Awesome! How do you mount them to the plastics?

#2091 8 years ago

Premium/LE owners - how many "out of the box" fixes did you have to make?

#2092 8 years ago

1 - Left Orbit, moved divertor braket, and replaced 1 top lane with post sleeve/shrink
2 - Elevator, had to bend a bracket a bit to make divertor arm work a bit better
3 - Right orbit switch, made more sensitive and raised it more above pf. Auto launch seemed to bounce over switch sometimes.

I also fixed the black rubber to cleat titan's while I had it all apart.

#2093 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I upgraded to the FF kit w/10" sub. Very happy. Big improvement. No carpentry needed. Free anti rattle tape included from FF. Go for it!

#2094 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Premium/LE owners - how many "out of the box" fixes did you have to make?

I keep having to mess with my elevator but I think last night I got it working as good as it's gonna get. My orbits have been a non-issue. I can even backhand the left orbit during Martell and it goes around most of the time. I've had to tweak the wireform slightly to prevent bounce outs at the throne. I cannot post pass from left to right and this bugs me! I've played 2 other GOT pro's that do this with ease, but not on my GOT premium.

#2095 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

1 - Left Orbit, moved divertor braket, and replaced 1 top lane with post sleeve/shrink
2 - Elevator, had to bend a bracket a bit to make divertor arm work a bit better
3 - Right orbit switch, made more sensitive and raised it more above pf. Auto launch seemed to bounce over switch sometimes.
I also fixed the black rubber to cleat titan's while I had it all apart.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I keep having to mess with my elevator but I think last night I got it working as good as it's gonna get. My orbits have been a non-issue. I can even backhand the left orbit during Martell and it goes around most of the time. I've had to tweak the wireform slightly to prevent bounce outs at the throne. I cannot post pass from left to right and this bugs me! I've played 2 other GOT pro's that do this with ease, but not on my GOT premium.

Thanks guys. Probably going to order a Premium, but I wanted to know how many headaches I'm going to have. Doesn't sound TOO bad. I'm fortunate enough to work at a place with a full on fab shop attached. The shop foreman knows I'm into pinball, so he helps me out with anything needing welding, grinding, or even fabrication. Knowing what issues I may face will help me out.

#2096 8 years ago

On my Premium:

Fixes:

1. Left orbit, added capguns's bracket
2. Replaced top lane with post sleeve/shrink tubing
3. Washers added under screw heads in left orbit & elevator
4. Repaired broken solder joint on 5V line on left LOL RGB lamp

Mods:

1. Added shaker motor
2. Added external subwoofer, connected via headphone jack routed via cabinet bottom vent hole
3. White Titan sling/post rubbers, blue flipper rubbers
4. Mylar added to upper playfield backside exit ramp
5. Mylar added to right edge of shooter lane & side rail
6. Added Premium side blades
7. Added Lollipop side rails
8. Relocated power switch to cabinet front (via tournament button knockout)
9. Scott's GoT alternate translite artwork
10. Beta's sword plate sticker

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Awesome! How do you mount them to the plastics?

with hot glue

#2098 8 years ago

Man, I cannot seem to find a full proof strategy for when I play the GOT Pro for competition. Should I be short plunging and trap up to get a free swing on the lock targets or the LOL targets? I keep going between Tyrell, GJ, and Martell but my strategy with each has tough shots I cannot make consistently.

If I go GJ, I seriously have ended many games where I haven't even gotten martell mode lit, haha.

If I go Martell, I usually get GJ mode lit, and then play Martell and GJ and knock those out together. Then I go for the Lannister Stark stack in MB. Then hope to be ready for HOTK after multiball, but I can only pull this off once out of every ten games or so.

If I go Tyrell, I am really just making sure that if I have a terrible game, it will be better than the guy I am playing's terrible game if he picks another house.

Maybe if I am going last in a 4 player group, I will base my decision on what houses are picked by the other players and how their first ball went?

Pretty awesome all the different ways to attack this game.

#2099 8 years ago

Here's my approach on a premium, I play Martell and build castle MB until I light stark. I fight stark alone first. Then I light greyjoy and Lannister and fight them when I start blackwater MB. Next I try to play Martell and Tyrell together. If I finish one that starts hand of the King. Usually I will start battle for the wall before hand OD the King. ......and that's about as far as I've got so far. Occasionally I'll play winter has come in there too. That's more random, just whenever I complete the hurry-ups.

#2100 8 years ago

Yeah I'm sick of all the BS people talk about the art and how they were totally off on this theme. Sure the art needs help but code and gameplay is where this game will shine. You don't play the art people!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.