Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 127.
#2001 3 years ago

Nice! You're gonna have a BLAST this weekend!

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Now to get it inside and tweak it.

Well...there goes your weekend.

I've had mine for almost 3 months, and I'm STILL tweaking it. Great game...enjoy!

#2003 3 years ago

Nitro amusements just delivered my pro yesterday. It's awesome! I'm really enjoying learning the strategy and trying to resist looking it up.

Shipped with 1.21 so I will update that soon.

#2004 3 years ago

Well 5 hours until I open the box, so I have a lot of time to think of what will need to be tweaked.

Here is my short list I know of.

1: Left Orbit
2: Throne Bounce outs
3: Elevator to upper playfield
4: Drop target air balls

Anything else I should be looking at?

#2005 3 years ago

I still have an unresolved major issue on my Premium:

I cannot seem to de-power the electromagnets in the outlanes. These things pull in balls from all the way across the playfield!

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I still have an unresolved major issue on my Premium:
I cannot seem to de-power the electromagnets in the outlanes. These things pull in balls from all the way across the playfield!

I had that same problem. I found that if you move the outlanes posts the the smallest opening the game performs better. I think the electromagnet sensitivity is in relation to post placement. Also if the plum bob is set low enough you can sometimes wiggle the ball free from its death grip.

Hope that helps

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Got to 687M last night (very good for me )

NEVER be ashamed of getting a higher score than you've had before or having more fun on a pin than you've had in the past.
Congrats!

#2008 3 years ago

Any Pinsiders that recently received your machine mind telling me when you placed your orders? Trying to gauge when I might be able to pick up mine.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Any Pinsiders that recently received your machine mind telling me when you placed your orders? Trying to gauge when I might be able to pick up mine.

This will depend on the Distributor and if they are in stock or not. I ordered my Premium Monday received it today. From JJ @ Game Exchange

#2011 3 years ago

Yep.
Right orbit now seems to be registering much better. I have only played about 10 games but so far I have not had a single right orbit shot not register. fingers crossed.

#2012 3 years ago

Premium arrived and all set up and tweaked. I replaced all the rubber's with clear Titan's.

No problem with the drop target.
Throne works awesome.
Elevator will sometimes take 2 or 3 attempts I did add the washers.. (1 out of 10 times)
Left orbit did not work from out of box.

I notched out the bracket on the orbit divertor and was able to move it forward approx 1/8" or so. I also removed the rubber on the post closest to the right gate and replaced with the coil sleeve/heat shrink.

I was able to make 24 of the 25 test shots. 96% is something I can live with for now.

Now time to play and figure this thing out.

#2013 3 years ago

anyone that decides to upgrade from pro to premium in MD/PA/Va let me know if are selling.

#2015 3 years ago

Hi All,

A while ago someone suggested on here to keep GOT cleaner to change from the black rubbers to titan silicone rings. Question on the titan rings. Do the black ones have the same "dead bounce" as standard black rubbers do? With GOT I'm finding that I only like black rubbers on the game. Rubbers with more bounce on GOT leads to the drain faster ... at least for me.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Hi All,
A while ago someone suggested on here to keep GOT cleaner to change from the black rubbers to titan silicone rings. Question on the titan rings. Do the black ones have the same "dead bounce" as standard black rubbers do? With GOT I'm finding that I only like black rubbers on the game. Rubbers with more bounce on GOT leads to the drain faster ... at least for me.

I think they are pretty similar. Definitely way better than super bands, but not quite the same as reg rubbers. They have slightly more bounce so you can have a successful dead bounce with a ball that's moving slower.

#2017 3 years ago

I would say that the Titans do bounce more than black rubber.....just also put them on the outlanes to even things out.

#2018 3 years ago

I just did it! Broke a billion. Small victories, folks.

IMG_20160306_223529230_(resized).jpg

#2019 3 years ago

Is this the unofficial GOT Pro club? I'm deciding between this and POTC. I feel like GOT is the deeper game, but POTC is the more forgiving game. Anyone have an opinion that gives perspective from non-pinhead folks?

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is this the unofficial GOT Pro club? I'm deciding between this and POTC. I feel like GOT is the deeper game, but POTC is the more forgiving game. Anyone have an opinion that gives perspective from non-pinhead folks?

Unless you are absolutely gaga over POTCs theme GOT is the better overall pinball machine. Some of the best rules ever put in a game and great flow. I was skeptical of GOT but it has won me over. You can always make it less brutal by tightening up the outlanes.

#2021 3 years ago

I agree with Astro, but I want to find these forgiving POTCs you're playing haha. I get beat up on that game all the time.

#2022 3 years ago

Last night I had a pretty good run at battle for the wall. Saw some new light effects that were pretty trippy. If you haven't played on a premium/LE I highly recommend it. This game is phenomenal.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless you are absolutely gaga over POTCs theme GOT is the better overall pinball machine. Some of the best rules ever put in a game and great flow. I was skeptical of GOT but it has won me over. You can always make it less brutal by tightening up the outlanes.

I'm not really married to the theme. I enjoy the game well enough, and the ship toy and chest are really neat. My biggest gripe with POTC is that it's not the deepest game. My experience with GOT is that it's super deep and has a lot of personal decisions. The way you choose and play your houses seems to have a huge impact on the outcome. Sure, the pros will break the game down to determine the maximum efficient scoring measure, but as code and balance updates continue (which hopefully they aren't done yet), it would hopefully provide multiple strategies to accommodate how you play. There aren't too many other games out there that do that to my knowledge.

Are ball times typically short on GOT (with tight outlanes)? The reason I got rid of TRON was because the ball times were WAY too short for my wife. I'm a huge fan of TRON as an IP, but she played a few games on it and said it looked and sounded nice, but she didn't have any fun playing it.

E: I should add, that as much as I'd LOVE to consider a Premium, I just can't justify the cost. So I'm talking purely about the Pro.

#2024 3 years ago

Sounds like you're in a similar situation to me with my wife. She loves to play GOT. Ball times are not super short even with the outlanes stock (all the way open). So if you closed them all the way, I'm sure your wife will love it.

#2025 3 years ago

I quite abruptly became a member of this club, bought GoT Pro of a friend and got it delivered yesterday, to my wife's shock and awe (she didnt suspect anything, just thought it was wierd so many friends came over unannounced before arrival).

I have tried both Pro and Premium before and actually think the pro is the better, at least for me.
Just a question, we played a lot of 4-player games, and several times the game fucked up the ball lock and released two balls into play during single-ball/mode play.
I know this has happened on avengers which has sortof the same base lock mechanism.

Is this a usual flaw with Stern games using this type of lock? Can something be done, is it a code bug or just a physical confusion?

got_(resized).jpg

#2026 3 years ago

Just a question, we played a lot of 4-player games, and several times the game fucked up the ball lock and released two balls into play.
I know this has happened on avengers which has sortof the same base lock mechanism.
Is this a usual flaw with Stern games using this type of lock? Can something be done?

We had the same problem with our pro. Solved by switching out the sword coil spring- our spring was too strong so would cause issues with the sword lock. Swapped out for a standard spring (pop bumper) and works perfectly.

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with Astro, but I want to find these forgiving POTCs you're playing haha. I get beat up on that game all the time.

They're both Dwight Sullivan games, of course, and I'm thinking that sadistic SOB has something to do with the stand up targets on both games that send the ball SDTM. Both games punish you for missing a shot, and both are brutal...but GOT is more so.

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I have tried both Pro and Premium before and actually think the pro is the better, at least for me.
Just a question, we played a lot of 4-player games, and several times the game fucked up the ball lock and released two balls into play during single-ball/mode play.
Is this a usual flaw with Stern games using this type of lock? Can something be done, is it a code bug or just a physical confusion?
got_(resized).jpg

I have had this happen a few times. I assume it's a physical issue. The rips up that ramp pretty quickly.

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I really like POTC but it can be a bit easy, IMO. I think GOT is definitely the superior game.

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have had this happen a few times. I assume it's a physical issue. The rips up that ramp pretty quickly.

yeah I suspect it might be soemthing pure physical, at least partly. Cause when one of the balls drain, the game is not over so it seems to keep control of it.

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Depends on who the pin is for -- what skill level are they? do they like POTC theme or GOT theme? And do they like interactive toys? Or do they prefer a pin with rules with a myriad of combinations of strategies to maximize points or progress toward wizard goals?

If the primary audience is novice players that enjoy pirates and the thrill of seeing the ship physically sink into the playfield after they bash it enough times, then get POTC.

If it's for medium skill level on up, POTC will get old in a hurry.
Also, if the audience likes games with fast action from successful shots /flow, GOT is far superior. POTC only has one shot that flows back to the flipper, and the rules make the shot fairly useless if you're playing for score.

#2032 3 years ago

On Prem/LE, as has been mentioned, the blocked top lanes are kind of a pain. I can sort-of see the left lane, but the colors change from white to blue, anyone know what that's about?

ToM handles the top lane visibility ingeniously with a mirror -- a mirror wouldn't work here, but I was thinking it would be nice if they incorporated lane status into the DMD or something.

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

On Prem/LE, as has been mentioned, the blocked top lanes are kind of a pain. I can sort-of see the left lane, but the colors change from white to blue, anyone know what that's about?
ToM handles the top lane visibility ingeniously with a mirror -- a mirror wouldn't work here, but I was thinking it would be nice if they incorporated lane status into the DMD or something.

or you could wire up some try color leds under mini play field

IMG_3264_(resized).JPG

IMG_3261_(resized).JPG

#2034 3 years ago

capgun, on your castle black light mod, how do you handle wiring when upper playfield is removed - attached to main field or to upper? Do you provide a connector in that location?

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

capgun, on your castle black light mod, how do you handle wiring when upper playfield is removed - attached to main field or to upper? Do you provide a connector in that location?

You just add a connector in-between upper and lower play field and simply tap into Castle Black LED's.

#2036 3 years ago

Thx, nice idea! I generally have NO CLUE what's happening up in those lanes, nor what is the strategy there.

#2037 3 years ago

Does anyone feel the slings are under powered? Or is it my machine? I'm on 1.26 have never played any other code. Sling just feel week compared to my other 2 sterns Metallica and Mustang.

I see no adjustment on GOT for sling power.

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

or you could wire up some try color leds under mini play field

That is a great idea -- how did you end up doing yours, what kind of LED did you use? Thx for the idea/pic!

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

That is a great idea -- how did you end up doing yours, what kind of LED did you use? Thx for the idea/pic!

Here ya go

http://cointaker.com/products/tri-colored-led-replacement-board-stern

#2040 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

OK, the top lanes are really not a problem. I thought they were as well, but once you play the Premium/LE enough you'll always know the status of the lanes. Here's how: You cannot see the right lane. The left lane is plainly visible. If the left lane is lit white, then you know that the right lane is not lit, otherwise they would both be out. If the left lane is lit blue, that is to let you know that the right lane is lit. Make sense?

#2041 3 years ago

Capgun,

Do Castle Black LEDs actually cycle color? I can't say I've ever seen anything but white/purple or off...

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, the top lanes are really not a problem. I thought they were as well, but once you play the Premium/LE enough you'll always know the status of the lanes. Here's how: You cannot see the right lane. The left lane is plainly visible. If the left lane is lit white, then you know that the right lane is not lit, otherwise they would both be out. If the left lane is lit blue, that is to let you know that the right lane is lit. Make sense?

Wow, that makes sense . So if the left lane is blue, hitting a flipper should turn it white? Then again to blue? Probably easier to go test this than type it out!

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Capgun,
Do Castle Black LEDs actually cycle color? I can't say I've ever seen anything but white/purple or off...

They are tri color LEDS for Castle Black, so maybe they will serve a color coded purpose in future code updates but it makes no difference as you can not splice/tap a regular LED into a tri color one with Castle Black as they multi change colors briefly and throughout special feature light shows

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

They are tri color LEDS for Castle Black, so maybe they will serve a color coded purpose in future code updates but it makes no difference as you can not splice/tap a regular LED into a tri color one with Castle Black as they multi change colors briefly and throughout special feature light shows

Yes, makes perfect sense. Thx

#2045 3 years ago

PBL is running a killer sale right now if you need a Rev C Shaker.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I was explaining that from memory and it's not really correct. How it actually works: You can only see the left. When you shoot the lanes see if the left light is lit, then you know the right light is not and visa versa. Since there are only two lanes it is easy to figure out. The left one will flash blue for a few seconds when you complete the pair.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I was explaining that from memory and it's not really correct. How it actually works: You can only see the left. When you shoot the lanes see if the left light is lit, then you know the right light is not and visa versa. Since there are only two lanes it is easy to figure out. The left one will flash blue for a few seconds when you complete the pair.

Thanks for the follow up... That makes sense, but if the left lane is not lit, you don't know if the right is lit or not. Most of the time that might not matter, but there are times when it might (plunging, etc). You can, I suppose, hit the flippers to see if it toggles, but that's a poor design. I liked the idea of the left lane being a different color to indicate this.

I thought I've seen that left lane being different colors (white or blue) but not sure if that has any meaning.

#2048 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm whether the wizard mode is finished or not?

here is how I ended up tonight:

I advanced to Iron Throne once again, very similar to the first time I had. Ball one, with an extra ball. I was blasting away, and making good progress, complete a house and it would add a ball. Keeping in mind, not the end of the mode/world if you get back to one ball play. I drained, and ended up on ball 2 and the mode remained, of course. Further into this mode, it adds the drop targets and lock targets as shots you must make. I got pretty far, it was hard to tell, and I just had a couple random blue shots and white mixed in, all the house lights were lit and flashing, (as you complete a house during IT, it flashes the houses rapidly) and I drained one of the two balls. It then ended the mode, I was surprised. Now hand of the king remained solid lit, but iron throne was not lit. All the houses were unlit too. I'm thinking that it's not finished or, it demands you make the last shots on 2 balls? I doubt this is the case though

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Can anyone confirm whether the wizard mode is finished or not?
here is how I ended up tonight:
I advanced to Iron Throne once again, very similar to the first time I had. Ball one, with an extra ball. I was blasting away, and making good progress, complete a house and it would add a ball. Keeping in mind, not the end of the mode/world if you get back to one ball play. I drained, and ended up on ball 2 and the mode remained, of course. Further into this mode, it adds the drop targets and lock targets as shots you must make. I got pretty far, it was hard to tell, and I just had a couple random blue shots and white mixed in, all the house lights were lit and flashing, (as you complete a house during IT, it flashes the houses rapidly) and I drained one of the two balls. It then ended the mode, I was surprised. Now hand of the king remained solid lit, but iron throne was not lit. All the houses were unlit too. I'm thinking that it's not finished or, it demands you make the last shots on 2 balls? I doubt this is the case though

*Spoiler Alert*

Way it works, as I understand it, is all house shots (including Baratheon drops and Tyrell stand ups) are lit. Whichever house shot you make represents the castles/map areas and you must make all shots once. Then the ram will be lit which adds a ball to the multiball the lights the remaining houses that haven't been completed. You can drain down to 1 ball and continue to play the mode; this continues until you complete all the houses. If that happens, you then begin a victory lap multiball in which 3 shots light for victory laps. At this time, if you drain to 1 ball the mode is over and you start the game over.

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

*Spoiler Alert*
Way it works, as I understand it, is all house shots (including Baratheon drops and Tyrell stand ups) are lit. Whichever house shot you make represents the castles/map areas and you must make all shots once. Then the ram will be lit which adds a ball to the multiball the lights the remaining houses that haven't been completed. You can drain down to 1 ball and continue to play the mode; this continues until you complete all the houses. If that happens, you then begin a victory lap multiball in which 3 shots light for victory laps. At this time, if you drain to 1 ball the mode is over and you start the game over.

ahh, okay. So it looks like I completed the wizard mode, but I didn't notice any ''congrats!'' or announcement, everything was blazing and moving so fast. The victory laps and draining the second ball/mode over makes sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside