Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 127.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I nailed the 4 HOTK shots and ram in less than 5 secs so perhaps the quicker you get those shots out, the higher your bonus round shots? Who knows, but what a rush! After HOTK I was at 10 bil. Finished the game with 11 bil lol.

I always felt that combo shots made in succession should be rewarded extra based on how quickly they are completed as well. Many combos allow for maybe 5 seconds or so between shots, or unlimited time if there are no other switch hits in between. I think combos made within 1 second between shots should be worth 5 times as much as those made within 5 seconds between shots.

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Nice! Those are the ones I ordered too. First time that I have all these mods before I even have the game in my possession. Should be here by Tuesday!

My bad. I forgot about posting pics. Those are the same ones I have.

#1953 4 years ago

So I've freed up some cash and I'm seriously considering GOT. My last stern purchase was STLE. I almost made the mistake of selling it before the code was finished. Thankfully I didn't and now it has become a staple pin in my collection. I feel like GOT is that kind of a pin.So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I've freed up some cash and I'm seriously considering GOT. My last stern purchase was STLE. I almost made the mistake of selling it before the code was finished. Thankfully I didn't and now it has become a staple pin in my collection. I feel like GOT is that kind of a pin.So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

Do you like the gameplay differences between the LE and Pro a lot more? If no, then maybe a Pro is what you want. But if the art kills it for you on the Pro, you might have to just pull the trigger on the LE.

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I thought you were going to push me off a cliff so you could have mine?

I guess my opinion doesn't matter. *sigh* Just get the LE for God's sake. When they're gone, you wish you'd had one. You can always sell and get a premium down the road if you want to.

#1956 4 years ago

I am quite happy with my Premium

Quoted from Skypilot:

So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

I really do like my Premium. I got Scott's alternate translite, but did not hate the stock translite. LE & Premium are essentially the exact same game from a play perspective.

- I prefer the blue/winter theme of the Premium playfield over the yellow/desert theme of the LE. (winter is coming, you know

- I prefer the side art of the LE - those dragons are just awesome! But, the Premium's side art is not terrible. When properly tucked-in I never see the side art anyway

- I added lollipop armor for $60 (vs $279 from Stern), also not so visible when tucked in.

- I added a shaker motor, which is pretty awesome

I could not really justify the cost differential between the LE and Premium. I guess a matter of taste how important for you.

Good luck!

2-27-2016_12-42-33_PM_(resized).png

#1957 4 years ago

Considering purchasing this game. I played it, and it's probably one of the most exciting games I have ever played (especially in multiball mode), but I am wondering:

Why there is not a flipper on the right upper section of the main playfield? Seems it should be there at the curved ramp.

Any idea?

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

So I've freed up some cash and I'm seriously considering GOT. My last stern purchase was STLE. I almost made the mistake of selling it before the code was finished. Thankfully I didn't and now it has become a staple pin in my collection. I feel like GOT is that kind of a pin. So do I get an LE or a Premium? There are a few LE's still out there. Not fond of the price but I like the artwork/colors better than the premium. Sitting on the fence sucks,someone help push me off.

I love my STLE too. GOT is that kind of pin in my opinion but adds to it. It changes play wise on the house you start out with. Then on which 4 houses you pick to conquer determine how HOTK will play. Then you have WIC which is awesome and BWMB which the super jackpot lights and call outs are great. With all this you add combo and playfield multipliers. And I haven't gotten to Iron Throne yet.

The LE black gloss armor rocks in my opinion and I love the dragons on the side. Just depends if that's important to you as was said. I love the upper playfield too. It's fun and well designed.

#1959 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Considering purchasing this game. I played it, and it's probably one of the most exciting games I have ever played (especially in multiball mode), but I am wondering:
Why there is not a flipper on the right upper section of the main playfield? Seems it should be there at the curved ramp.
Any idea?

What would it shoot? If you put a flipper there it wouldn't make a single shot in the game. Not sure I follow.

#1960 4 years ago

Wouldn't shoot anything in particular, just keep the ball in the upper half of the playfield a bit longer. There are so many things happening up there.

Also, I noticed the flippers on the upper playfield are always active, when using the main playfield flippers. I thought they'd be active only when the ball is in play in the upper playfield.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

If it were me in this situation, I'd go for the LE. However, I went with premium because I preferred the color scheme. At the time, an LE was $1700 more, but I would've paid it if I preferred the colors because I'd be staring at it thinking each time that I should've gotten the LE I do love the dragons on the side and the armor, but I can't see it in the lineup.

#1962 4 years ago

I cannot post pass with the left flipper on my GOT premium. It simply doesn't bounce over. I've tried 2 different kinds of flipper rubber. I've tried lowering the flipper alignment, which made it just barely possible to post pass, but the alignment was so bad that I could no longer make the center ramp from the left flipper so I had to put the alignment back like it was. Weird thing is, where we play league there are two GOT pros and post passing is easy from either flipper on both games. Does anyone else have this issue on their GOT?

#1963 4 years ago

Right to left, no problem. Left to right, have not done it yet - but I suspect its ME and not the machine. For me, the ball is most frequently on the right flipper anyway with normal play.

#1964 4 years ago

I love green eggs and ham lol

image_(resized).jpeg

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I love green eggs and ham lol

image_(resized).jpeg

Are you calling my woman ham? Watch your forked tongue.

#1966 4 years ago

Artichoke shooter rod!

#1967 4 years ago

Love my premium!

20160227_123922_(resized).jpg

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So yea, just had a stark bonus round in HOTK where shots were scoring 1 billion! I looked up and noticed a 1.3 bil shot, nearly shit myself then drained all my balls. Have no idea how I pulled it off. I was playing as stark, so don't know if stark gets additional bonus scoring in HOTK, but one things for sure - I nailed the 4 HOTK shots and ram in less than 5 secs so perhaps the quicker you get those shots out, the higher your bonus round shots? Who knows, but what a rush! After HOTK I was at 10 bil. Finished the game with 11 bil lol.

1BIL base value? Or combo + PFx multiplied?
The two times I intentionally took Stark as one of the houses into HOTK (not played as Stark), my fully combo multiplied (5x) value was just over 200M.

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

1BIL base value? Or combo + PFx multiplied?
The two times I intentionally took Stark as one of the houses into HOTK (not played as Stark), my fully combo multiplied (5x) value was just over 200M.

Yeah, only 1 bil shot would be the hurry-up

#1970 4 years ago

Not sure what happened or what I did. All I know is I was in the stark bonus round and was nailing shots left and right, glanced up to see where I was at on my shots and saw a 1.3 bil shot.

The question remains, does jamming out the first 4 shots + ram with speed increase the values of the stark bonus round? I hammered out those 5 shots in a matter of seconds. That's the only thing I could think of.

All I know is I was around 4 or 5 bil going into the mode and 9-10 bil coming out and I didn't even get out of the first bonus round.

I'm pretty sure I was playing as stark. Not sure if house stark gets a bonus in HOTK scoring.

I'll try to glass off reproduce it later this week.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I am quite happy with my Premium

I really do like my Premium. I got Scott's alternate translite, but did not hate the stock translite. LE & Premium are essentially the exact same game from a play perspective.
- I prefer the blue/winter theme of the Premium playfield over the yellow/desert theme of the LE. (winter is coming, you know
- I prefer the side art of the LE - those dragons are just awesome! But, the Premium's side art is not terrible. When properly tucked-in I never see the side art anyway
- I added lollipop armor for $60 (vs $279 from Stern), also not so visible when tucked in.
- I added a shaker motor, which is pretty awesome
I could not really justify the cost differential between the LE and Premium. I guess a matter of taste how important for you.
Good luck!

2-27-2016_12-42-33_PM_(resized).png

Fantastic purchase. Congrats. The shaker is a must on this game. Each to their own but to me that alt translite just doesn't fit the rest of the prem pin art, but that's just my humble observation.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure what happened or what I did. All I know is I was in the stark bonus round and was nailing shots left and right, glanced up to see where I was at on my shots and saw a 1.3 bil shot.
The question remains, does jamming out the first 4 shots + ram with speed increase the values of the stark bonus round? I hammered out those 5 shots in a matter of seconds. That's the only thing I could think of.
All I know is I was around 4 or 5 bil going into the mode and 9-10 bil coming out and I didn't even get out of the first bonus round.
I'm pretty sure I was playing as stark. Not sure if house stark gets a bonus in HOTK scoring.

I'm officially intrigued now, I must say. I know Stark can influence the scoring of WHC if you get there and nail the WIC hurryups leading up to it.

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm officially intrigued now, I must say. I know Stark can influence the scoring of WHC if you get there and nail the WIC hurryups leading up to it.

For clarity: you get the Stark free shooting "benefit" in HOTK if Stark was one of the four houses you defeated to qualify HOTK -- you don't have to be playing as Stark. Playing as Stark gets you the higher WIC hurryup benefit.

#1974 3 years ago

Joining the club. GOT Premium ordered today hoping to get is before the week-end. Was a tough decision on pro vs premium, as I do like speed and flow games, but also like the extra toys and light show the premium has to offer. Will be a long week waiting for this.

#1975 3 years ago

My pro is being delivered tomorrow!!!

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joining the club. GOT Premium ordered today hoping to get is before the week-end. Was a tough decision on pro vs premium, as I do like speed and flow games, but also like the extra toys and light show the premium has to offer. Will be a long week waiting for this.

Congratulations. I'm back and forth on doing the same. But man, that's a lot of dough.

#1977 3 years ago

Just buttoned up my GOT for the Louisville show this weekend and put it up in the garage (expecting rain the next two days and I have to walk it around my side yard) and I'm already jonesing bad. Haha. Almost to the point that I want to set it up in my garage and play until I go to the show. Haha.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

4 shots + ram implies you couldn't have brought in Baratheon or Martell. I'm wondering how that 4 billion prior to HOTK came about - either *really* good multiballs prior to it, or maybe you beat Iron Throne and you're on the second pass through the game.

#1979 3 years ago

Can someone with the topper please measure and tell me how tall it is?

#1980 3 years ago

I did this already for another Pinsider so I know the answer: 8 inches to the top of his tail in back. But that moves and can be smooshed down a bit. You definitely need 7" from the top of the machine to your ceiling.

#1981 3 years ago

I have 9" to the ceiling. Damnit was hoping it would not fit so I'm tempted to spend $500. Thanks for the info.

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I have 9" to the ceiling. Damnit was hoping it would not fit so I'm tempted to spend $500. Thanks for the info.

I feel your pain, but I can assure you it's worth every penny.

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I feel your pain, but I can assure you it's worth every penny.

I agree. My only complaint is the individual lights for the houses could be a little brighter.

#1984 3 years ago

Joined the Whirlwind club last month and I just put in my order for GoT Pro today. Couldn't be more pumped.

#1985 3 years ago

I don't like the white flipper bats on the LE. But I am unsure what color would look the best there. Has anybody changed the stock ones?

#1986 3 years ago

I saw someone used shiny GOLD bats. Looks pretty nice.

Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass?tq=gold&tu#post-2951223

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I don't like the white flipper bats on the LE. But I am unsure what color would look the best there. Has anybody changed the stock ones?

The pro I play has these, which definitely look nice in person:

http://mezelmods.com/collections/game-of-thrones-pinball/products/sword-flipper-bats-set-of-two?variant=12177178372

#1988 3 years ago

just installed a led strip under the apron (amber) and a small red strip inside the pyramid.
much better.

apron_led_strip_(resized).JPG

apron_led_strip2_(resized).JPG

pyramid_leds_(resized).JPG

#1989 3 years ago

Nice. Where did you grab power for the LED strip on the apron?

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Black bats with pinballife toppers

IMG_2850_(resized).JPG

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

just installed a led strip under the apron (amber) and a small red strip inside the pyramid.
much better.

apron_led_strip_(resized).JPGapron_led_strip2_(resized).JPGpyramid_leds_(resized).JPG

Nice! Ever since I got my speaker lights I cannot stop thinking about your great idea to link the action button light behavior to the speakers lights, undercab lights, and it would be cool to have the apron light behave that way too.

#1992 3 years ago

Got my pro NIB yesterday. Set it up and played most of the evening. Today I added my mods; shaker motor, dragon speaker grill inserts with the grills painted gold, speaker WIC sticker, sword over the sword ramp, sword lock sticker, slings and lane plastic protectors, and door magnet. Looks and plays awesome! Here's some photos.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1994 3 years ago

In the first released rendered pictures from the LE was a roof behind the door at the battering ram. Now in the finished real version of the LE it looks very empty there. I hope we will see some mods soon to cover this area up.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Nice. Where did you grab power for the LED strip on the apron?

i ran a 12 volts line from the new splitter board from pinball life to the underside of the PF, that way i can connect anything i want using 12 volts on the playfield.

i tried the 6.3 volts comet strip led, doesn't work with on g.i. with spike.

#1996 3 years ago

I picked up my Pro tonight. Man, I love this game! I got to HOTK and Targaryen but sucked.

IMG_20160302_232424266_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160302_231322985_(resized).jpg

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I got to HOTK and Targaryen but sucked.

Haha. Story of my life dude. Congrats!

#1998 3 years ago

I had my first billion point game the other day, and I wasn't even at hand on the king yet.

#1999 3 years ago

I've been having some stronger games lately. Got to 687M last night (very good for me ) - Finished 3 houses and hit like 5 super jackpots in a row on ball 1, then promptly drained balls 2, 3 - but hit a decent score anyway.

#2000 3 years ago

Look what just showed up! Now to get it inside and tweak it.

20160304_112936_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Altoona, PA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 25.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside