371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 144.
#151 8 years ago

I hope so.Classic is awesome.Cartoon (comic) is not.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The GOT I played at EXPO reset on me, I just landed the ball to start Multiball wherever the hell that was. It was the only game I played of GOT during the weekend so I don't remember much about it except that she crashed

You're absolutely right. The one in the hallway on dollar play definitely reset on us once or twice (when we activated a certain mode in the game). We talked with a Stern tech they had sent out who said it was game code related (NOT hardware / solenoid / low 5v e.t.c) and was updating the code. After that it worked fine with no resets as I recall.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

You're absolutely right. The one in the hallway on dollar play definitely reset on us once or twice (when we activated a certain mode in the game). We talked with a Stern tech they had sent out who said it was game code related (NOT hardware / solenoid / low 5v e.t.c) and was updating the code. After that it worked fine with no resets as I recall.

Since this is an embedded computer running a real os, it could be that the game code app crashes and the service that runs the game restarts it instantly.

#154 8 years ago

We had another reset on GOT pro in league tonight.

#155 8 years ago

Also, lots of air balls on this game. We noticed a chunk out of the pyramid that the dragon sits on!

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Using your logic, it sounds like any distraction to increase challenge is welcome in your book. Interesting. Do you perhaps welcome playing without flipper rubbers for that added challenge? Let me guess -- do you play without wearing officially sanctioned tournament gloves as well? Bare-handed play? Pinkies only? Where does this end?
Look "You know why I'm here..." -- I'm just a simpleton looking to challenge my sense of physics, geometry, and reaction time and not so much my retina's ability to refocus under varying contrasting lighting conditions. I leave that kinda of eyeball gymnastics up to sophisticated doctors to conduct on me...
-mof

My post clearly indicates I like bright lighting effects and it happens add to the challenge IMO. Plain and simple. Seems like I hit a sore spot with you.

#157 8 years ago

Is there an owners thread yet? How many have received their pro? I hope mine is here friday!

Rob

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

My post clearly indicates I like bright lighting effects and it happens add to the challenge IMO. Plain and simple. Seems like I hit a sore spot with you.

Im a fan of bright lighting too. Clearly SR is

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm hopeful about offering luxury comfort via programming, for home-players in a dark-environment who have invested big $$$.
Does Stern offer lighting settings in 2015?
Lighting Settings:
1. flasher seizures for each accomplishment (y/n)
2. disable all poorly timed flasher barrages (y/n)
With a setting or two, this whole operator-advantage-gimmick could be neutralized (or even in a code update)

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing setting. Levels for brightness and on/off times could be set like Herg has done with his LED OCD product. LEDs are great, but can be jarring and harsh and some ability to control them properly can make a good looking game even better.

#160 8 years ago

I'm assuming you can dim the flashers, although I doubt the inserts will dim
image.pngimage.png

#161 8 years ago

What does "competition mode" do ?
-mof

#162 8 years ago

So how are the ball trough proximity boards working out with the spike system. I haven't noticed any issues with TWD on location. But with the older Stern systems false drains, where the ball was in play but the game thought it drained to the trough, were extremely common and annoying as hell.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What does "competition mode" do ?
-mof

The game defaults to casual mode now where you don't pick your house. We turned that off in the adjustments.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So how are the ball trough proximity boards working out with the spike system. I haven't noticed any issues with TWD on location. But with the older Stern systems false drains, where the ball was in play but the game thought it drained to the trough, were extremely common and annoying as hell.

Thanks for the reminder. It's about time to go re-flow the solder on my Tron trough optos

#165 8 years ago

I had time today to play the pro game at the Playdium store.

Wow.

My friend Nate said " that's easily the most fun game on the showroom floor".

I'm not a very skilled player, but my level of skill doesn't dictate my level of enjoyment. This game left that "one more game" feeling with me. The code has been updated and I played through most of the houses, but it does default to the stark mode if you don't hold the action button for 3sec before starting a game. I wasn't able to complete more than two houses in any one game, so I didn't get to any mini wizard modes. The blackwater multiball is fairly easy to get, it seemed almost to easy.

One thing I noticed is that the sword of multiball seems to be two separate mechs. One for the sword and one for the post. So if you didn't have lock lit the ball would just run straight down the right side. Originally I though the sword and post were connected as one unit.

The kickback is comparable to f14 tomcat. It's fast and shoots directly at the right flipper.

All and all its a great game. I'd be happy with a pro, it didn't seem stripped down. I'm still betting that the upper Playfield will be worth every penny and I'm hoping to have my premium game for my birthday in the middle of December.

I did get my initials up. Although I'm a LONG way from a billion point game. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#166 8 years ago

Agreed. Even the Pro is wicked fun.
Can't wait to play the Premiums/LEs.

#167 8 years ago

I was playing the other day and noticed that once you get all the jackpots in BW multiball, the ram lights for unlimited supers for a period of time. However, if you get enough supers before the time runs out, all the regular jackpots relight again. Pretty awesome and deep that the multiball can go that long.

#168 8 years ago

Ok, I'm in! No idea when it will ship, but GOT is on its way!

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I'm in! No idea when it will ship, but GOT is on its way!

Nice Dave. I don't know why I'm hesitating, but ready to pull the trigger on a pro too. Maybe I'm waiting to see and play a PREM.

#170 8 years ago

my pro will be here in 2 weeks, man i can't wait.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

my pro will be here in 2 weeks, man i can't wait.

Have you played it bob? Tell us your thoughts as im going in blind. 4 weeks till i get mine.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Have you played it bob? Tell us your thoughts as im going in blind. 4 weeks till i get mine.

played about 25 games at expo.

i think the pro is great. fast, super flow and lots of room for mods

#173 8 years ago

My GoT Pro arrived today. There are a few things in the design I have noticed that are different now. There is no coin door interlock switch on my game and Stern has gone back to the old style flipper coils (2 lug, KISS had 3 lug?). I don't find the lightshow anywhere near as bad as some are claiming, but before even 1 game was played we put 1.15 on it. The rules are going to take a long time to get the hang of so perhaps I will read the strategy guide that Dwight posted.

If there's no more coin door switch then coin door ball saver (still present) is a moot point.

The code is very good, and the dots are A LOT better than what you have seen in the Jack Danger videos.

Rob

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My GoT Pro arrived today. There are a few things in the design I have noticed that are different now. There is no coin door interlock switch on my game and Stern has gone back to the old style flipper coils (2 lug, KISS had 3 lug?). I don't find the lightshow anywhere near as bad as some are claiming, but before even 1 game was played we put 1.15 on it. The rules are going to take a long time to get the hang of so perhaps I will read the strategy guide that Dwight posted.
If there's no more coin door switch then coin door ball saver (still present) is a moot point.
Rob

grats on the purchase rob. Curious to hear your thoughts on the pin vs the others in your collection. Considering a GOT PRO myself.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

grats on the purchase rob. Curious to hear your thoughts on the pin vs the others in your collection. Considering a GOT PRO myself.

If you like combos, strategy and fast play then this game is for you. The sound and voice is absolutely wonderful and rich sounding. It makes a SAM game sound like AM radio. It seems you can fight 2 other houses at the same time which is kind of cool. There is A LOT to figure out on the game for sure! I think the software still needs a bit of tweaking because I got a second extra ball and 5 seconds later lit another extra ball for my third. I have no idea how that happened! The video mode is soon getting an overhaul which is good because the current one is pretty bad.

It's amazing how far along the code, sound and dots are compared to KISS. It's a night and day difference.

Rob

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you like combos and fast play then this game is for you. The sound and voice is absolutely wonderful and rich sounding. It makes a SAM game sound like AM radio. It seems you can fight 2 other houses at the same time which is kind of cool. There is A LOT to figure out on the game for sure! I think the software needs a bit of tweaking because I got a second extra ball and 5 seconds later lit another extra ball for my third. I have no idea how that happened!
It's amazing how far along the code, sound and dots are compared to KISS. It's a night and day difference.
Rob

Nice. Thanks for the quick response. Have you heard about orbit shots not always registering? Have you found that true on yours?

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice. Thanks for the quick response. Have you heard about orbit shots not always registering? Have you found that true on yours?

I don't know about the orbit shots, but the upper right orbit gate might be a bit too low on mine. Otherwise it plays fine.

Rob

#178 8 years ago

One complaint I have is that when you hit the right ramp to get a sword, I thought the audio clip saying the sword name to be really delayed. Like 3-5sec after the ramp is made.

Unlike the left ramp when in stark mode. Aria stark is calling out her list of names as soon as you hit the ramp.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

One complaint I have is that when you hit the right ramp to get a sword, I thought the audio clip saying the sword name to be really delayed. Like 3-5sec after the ramp is made.
Unlike the left ramp when in stark mode. Aria stark is calling out her list of names as soon as you hit the ramp.

The callout for when you have lock lit is delayed sometimes too.

#180 8 years ago

The game really is fantastic. I played it at expo, but playing it under a more normal (non-tourney) setup was even better. So much fun.

#181 8 years ago

I played it the first time today, really enjoyed it. It's lightning fast, great flow and nice rule set. It definitely takes a while to get to the bottom of it, but it didn't take long to figure out how to make points. The pro version didnt feel stripped down or incomplete in any way, I'm in fact worried if the LE/premium with upper playfield takes something away from it. Hope not though. Now, how to break the news to the wife that we may be expecting another one...

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I played it the first time today, really enjoyed it. It's lightning fast, great flow and nice rule set. It definitely takes a while to get to the bottom of it, but it didn't take long to figure out how to make points. The pro version didnt feel stripped down or incomplete in any way, I'm in fact worried if the LE/premium with upper playfield takes something away from it. Hope not though. Now, how to break the news to the wife that we may be expecting another one...

Yeah I can see it now, you both meet, eyes wide, and in unison you both say, "I'm expecting!"

#183 8 years ago

Great to hear the people happy with their purchases.
I have one on order but a couple of things a few guys have said has got me a little hesitant.

1. The right orbit rejects a lot and bounces around a bit due to width and shape of the inner right guide rail?

2. The sword of multiball lets out more than 1 ball into play when it shouldnt?

Anyone see any of those issues?

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Great to hear the people happy with their purchases.
I have one on order but a couple of things a few guys have said has got me a little hesitant.
1. The right orbit rejects a lot and bounces around a bit due to width and shape of the inner right guide rail?
2. The sword of multiball lets out more than 1 ball into play when it shouldnt?
Anyone see any of those issues?

I think the issue with the right orbit might not be the guide rail, but the height at which the right gate is mounted. It's barely high enough to let the ball through with absolutely zero room to spare. It should be mounted about 2mm higher - well mine should have been. It's an issue sometimes, but not all the time.

I only had the sword let out 2 balls by accident once out of about 30 games. I would consider that a non issue. Mechanically, the ball lock is pretty sound in design and function. It's pinball, the ball is wild, shit happens!

Why hesitate and miss out? If you want one, buy one and have fun with it! No game is ever absolutely perfect in design. Any minor tweaks the game may need is far outweighed by how much fun the game is to play. This is the best, most complete release Stern has had in a long time. Or you can go buy KISS and keep waiting for code for that game.

Rob

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the issue with the right orbit might not be the guide rail, but the height at which the right gate is mounted. It's barely high enough to let the ball through with absolutely zero room to spare. It should be mounted about 2mm higher - well mine should have been. It's an issue sometimes, but not all the time.
I only had the sword let out 2 balls by accident once out of about 30 games. I would consider that a non issue. Mechanically, the ball lock is pretty sound in design and function. It's pinball, the ball is wild, shit happens!
Why hesitate and miss out? If you want one, buy one and have fun with it! No game is ever absolutely perfect in design. Any minor tweaks the game may need is far outweighed by how much fun the game is to play. This is the best, most complete release Stern has had in a long time. Or you can go buy KISS and keep waiting for code for that game.
Rob

I noticed that you also own Star Trek.Is GoT different enough from ST?.The play doesn't feel redundant?.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thanks rob. Thats a big help. Maybe it is possible to raise the Gate? Not much to tweak then. I spent 2 days tweaking my avengers before it was playable
I do have a kiss and its a fun game. Lots of things need coding in still on that title. Its a 2 multiball game at the moment.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I noticed that you also own Star Trek.Is GoT different enough from ST?.The play doesn't fell redundant?.

GoT is very different from ST and no, I would not say it is redundant.

A game that more resembles ST would be KISS. For example, Klingon multiball plays exactly the same as Demon multiball right down to the roving jackpot shot.

Rob

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks rob. Thats a big help. Maybe it is possible to raise the Gate? Not much to tweak then. I spent 2 days tweaking my Avengers before it was playable
I do have a kiss and its a fun game. Lots of things need coding in still on that title. Its a 2 multiball game at the moment.

I think removing the rear upright playfield panel may be required to properly adjust the gate(s). There's 4 wood screws and 2 machine screws, but I'm not sure what else is needed to remove it at the moment.

I liked the initial code release for KISS, but the stigma (more like reality) of Lonnie programming it quickly caught up. Months of waiting and there were only a few minor updates released. It got boring real fast.

Rob

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think removing the rear upright playfield panel may be required to properly adjust the gate(s). There's 4 wood screws and 2 machine screws, but I'm not sure what else is needed to remove it at the moment.
I liked the initial code release for KISS, but the stigma (more like reality) of Lonnie programming it quickly caught up. Months of waiting and there were only a few minor updates released. It got boring real fast.
Rob

I've owned a pro and premium ST and Ropp stuffed that game imo. If Dwight wasn't on it the game would have been completey stuffed. Great layout crap code. I'll wager Steve Richie specifically asked that he not work with Ropp on his next title.

Does GoT take 4 or 6 balls? KISS has 6 but with good old Lonnie on the case I don't think we'll see that being used for a while.

#190 8 years ago

Tonight I am going to adjust the pop bumper switches, or at least check them out. They need to be a bit more sensitive that they are right now. As evident that I have yet to reach "At The Wall" multiball.

Rob

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've owned a pro and premium ST and Ropp stuffed that game imo. If Dwight wasn't on it the game would have been completey stuffed. Great layout crap code. I'll wager Steve Richie specifically asked that he not work with Ropp on his next title.
Does GoT take 4 or 6 balls? KISS has 6 but with good old Lonnie on the case I don't think we'll see that being used for a while.

6 balls, just like KISS. Perhaps it's the new standard for SPIKE games?

#192 8 years ago

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but how do you disable the high voltage on the game?

Plus, why (rhetorical) is the GI off when doing the coil test? That's not very helpful in a low light environment!

There might be a bug in the game with the dragon shot during multiball. A few times I've had it hold a ball in there a really long time and got the extra ball immediately after lighting it because the ball was still in there. I wonder if the ball hold is by design or not? Or should it hold the ball at all during blackwater multiball? Tonight the game released the ball and then gave me a mystery pick with a ball in play (right after multiball). Other minor notes are the game over music could be louder and the video of the little guy, whatever his name is plays too fast...

Still a very solid playing game!

Rob

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Tonight I am going to adjust the pop bumper switches, or at least check them out. They need to be a bit more sensitive that they are right now. As evident that I have yet to reach "At The Wall" multiball.
Rob

the pops reward the reels not at the wall multiball. I believe that is achieve by completing the winter is coming hurry ups.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I saw it on someone's phone, obviously it made the rounds. I don't have a picture of it, so don't bother asking me for it!

I have also herd some cool stuff about GB. This may be my first NIB LE.

#195 8 years ago

Just to confirm GOT pro is a 6 ball game?

#196 8 years ago

Wow GOT pro has 6 balls? I did not know this. Is there a 5 or 6 ball mb implemented?

#197 8 years ago

Sounds very nice..

I have STLE and AcDc premium and sold SM with a similar layout to ST.

I just don't want to have too many same/similar games in my collection.

So, with that in mind, what's the redundancy factor with AcDc/GOT?

GOT layout looks a bit like AcDc (two orbits, two ramps), two shots that are a not ramps or orbits (TNT/Bell vs Dragon/Battering ram).

#198 8 years ago

Also, it sounds like the jury is still out on the pro vs premium.

I am not in a super big rush to buy anything, so I can see how it plays out, what the upper PF brings or takes away from the game etc..

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow GOT pro has 6 balls? I did not know this. Is there a 5 or 6 ball mb implemented?

In the feature matrix, it states 4 balls.

#200 8 years ago

Copied from another thread. It's 6 balls apparently.

Quoted from Avatar:

Sorry for not getting back earlier with some feedback. But as a co-organiser of the European Pinball Championship I did not have any free time to get online the past weekend.
Mr Stern actually brought update software with him and 2 extra balls. His visit was plannen as he was one of the ViP-guests at the EPC. The machine left the factory with beta-software, not for release. We only learned after delivery that we could not yet broadcast because of this. Also all pictures and video could not be released until Mr Stern officially started GOT (on friday). Unfortunately we already released word we would stream ... Woops
By now you will a lot of footage on our Twitch.
The machine plays f@#king awesome: 6 balls ... lightning fast gameplay ... excellent lightshow ... epic soundtrack ... WARNING: if you play this machine, you will want to buy this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.