371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.
#1651 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The best model is pro imo. Awesome flow and fast, the dream combo machine.
The LE breaks this flow, even without playing it it is obvious. What the LE gets more? Mode, multiball...?
I'm really surprise about the low ranking in the top100

Yes the pro ranking at 90 is a joke

#1652 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Yes the pro ranking at 90 is a joke

Agreed, this is easily a top 30 pin.

#1653 8 years ago

My first competitive game on GoT was won by me boys!! Second round KY SCS here I come.

#1654 8 years ago

I just had the most ridiculous HOTK round last night. I had basically 3x-4x playfield running from the start all the way to the huge hurryup. I then hit the battering ram twice quickly, and literally screamed at what happened. The first hit scored my SJP with 3x playfield for 675m. Then the next hit scored the entire hurryup, probably now with 4x running, for 4.6 BILLION! That one shot was worth more than my highest ever score up to that point (3.8B)

So... I'm theorizing that your *multiplied* super jackpots add their entire value to the hurryup, which *itself* can be multiplied as well. Yow.

I didn't even make Iron Throne this game, but here's the aftermath. Got over 6B on HOTK alone.

12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg

#1655 8 years ago

The LE breaks this flow, even without playing it it is obvious. What the LE gets more? Mode, multiball...?

I love the pro for what it is, but from my playtime on an LE, it's plenty fast as-is. Sacrificing some of that extreme speed for a deeper experience isn't a bad tradeoff.

#1656 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I just had the most ridiculous HOTK round last night. I had basically 3x-4x playfield running from the start all the way to the huge hurryup. I then hit the battering ram twice quickly, and literally screamed at what happened. The first hit scored my SJP with 3x playfield for 675m. Then the next hit scored the entire hurryup, probably now with 4x running, for 4.6 BILLION! That one shot was worth more than my highest ever score up to that point (3.8B)
So... I'm theorizing that your *multiplied* super jackpots add their entire value to the hurryup, which *itself* can be multiplied as well. Yow.
I didn't even make Iron Throne this game, but here's the aftermath. Got over 6B on HOTK alone.

12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg

Bad ass!

#1657 8 years ago

I need to try the Pro. I spent 2.5 - 3hrs on an LE at Zanzabar yesterday and I'm in love. I'm just trying to decide what I would/should sell to get one.

#1658 8 years ago

Well I just hit a 25X mixed SJP in BFW mb for 847mil! Too bad I stenched up the rest of the game even with a targaryan HOTK mb.

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I need to try the Pro. I spent 2.5 - 3hrs on an LE at Zanzabar yesterday and I'm in love. I'm just trying to decide what I would/should sell to get one.

Literally come by anytime you want to try mine out to help you decide.

#1660 8 years ago

Also, speaker light kits rock.

#1661 8 years ago

BSD and Space Station are the only two I could sell to get near the mark but I will still have a way to go to afford a pro. Decisions, decisions.

#1662 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Literally come by anytime you want to try mine out to help you decide.

See you at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow night.

#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

See you at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow night.

Haha. We are gonna have to play with the sounds low but sounds good.

#1664 8 years ago

Can someone describe the intended play/objective of Castle Black on a Premium? I can see the the lit insert, but I am not clear what that indicates, or what is the objective. I am presuming the orbit rollover switches are involved, but those inserts are barely visible on the Prem, so not helping to provide many clues.

Thanks!

Lightbulbs are going off relative to house selection and objectives - things are clicking. Up next are how the multipliers work. Great machine. My wife has been out of town this week; we're clearly going to be wrestling over play time on this one when she returns!

#1665 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Can someone describe the intended play/objective of Castle Black on a Premium? I can see the the lit insert, but I am not clear what that indicates, or what is the objective. I am presuming the orbit rollover switches are involved, but those inserts are barely visible on the Prem, so not helping to provide many clues.
Thanks!
Lightbulbs are going off relative to house selection and objectives - things are clicking. Up next are how the multipliers work. Great machine. My wife has been out of town this week; we're clearly going to be wrestling over play time on this one when she returns!

I believe when you get the 2 rollovers at the pops, it lights castle black (purple?), hit it and it advances the wall. Much better rule than the pro IMO.

#1666 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I really don't think you can go wrong with any version of this game.

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

12657814_10104417926905897_8116041680893925447_o_(resized).jpg

Today at the MN State Championship in the semi finals and the finals I put up over 10 billion in each round. My Hand of the King was outrageous. I was getting 1.6 billion for some maxed out multiplier shots. I don't know where those games came from, my previous best was 7.2 billion and that was with playing extra balls.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Today at the MN State Championship in the semi finals and the finals I put up over 10 billion in each round. My Hand of the King was outrageous. I was getting 1.6 billion for some maxed out multiplier shots. I don't know where those games came from, my previous best was 7.2 billion.

I take it you won Minnesota? Nice work dude!

#1669 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I take it you won Minnesota? Nice work dude!

I did. Thanks! It wasn't easy, needed some huge games to pull it out. Competition was really good today. It was a long day, but I am still so amped up from playing I can't sleep.

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Agreed, this is easily a top 30 pin.

This is a pinside user rate 2/10 and his comment that i respect but he does not have played it imho:

Horrid. Typical basic stern. Looks and feels cheap. Good theme wasted imo.

#1671 8 years ago

Where is possible to order a new playfield? Thanks

#1672 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did. Thanks! It wasn't easy, needed some huge games to pull it out. Competition was really good today. It was a long day, but I am still so amped up from playing I can't sleep.

I won this today (again), I'd like to thank my GOT pro play beforehand for helping lol 12744262_10153874328343529_5167641948710524285_n_(resized).jpg12744262_10153874328343529_5167641948710524285_n_(resized).jpg

here is last years video of the event, good watch.

#1673 8 years ago

This is a pinside user rate 2/10 and his comment that i respect but he does not have played it imho:

Your pin assessment is only belittled by your poor grasp of the English language. Congrats!

Edit----btw- no chance you are a real colonel, way too many fake captains around here for us to fall for that.

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Your pin assessment is only belittled by your poor grasp of the English language. Congrats!

....and you did not ever heard me speaking english yet

Maybe i speak french better...but i'm not sure everybody can understand me. Just try to do my best.

#1675 8 years ago

....and you did not ever heard me speaking english yet
Maybe i speak french better...but i'm not sure everybody can understand me. Just try to do my best.

Yes, I didn't heard you speak it.

#1676 8 years ago

GoT is one on Sterns very much best pins. You is wrong

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I won this today (again), I'd like to thank my GOT pro play beforehand for helping lol 12744262_10153874328343529_5167641948710524285_n_(resized).jpg
here is last years video of the event, good watch. » YouTube video

Way to go James! Nice.

So, did Sarah get both the Pro and Premium?

#1678 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Way to go James! Nice.
So, did Sarah get both the Pro and Premium?

thanks!
not yet, premium is due in though.

#1679 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

thanks!
not yet, premium is due in though.

Congrats James on 2 years in a row! I have have stalking their Facebook waiting for the premium to arrive. Hopefully when it arrives it won't have the same issues that many are having with the left orb shot.

#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

GoT is one on Sterns very much best pins. You is wrong

What i have already wrote here about GOT is below:

GOT? simply the best combo's game..."fast and furious"

Do you consider that i think GOT is not a good pin?

#1681 8 years ago

What i have already wrote here about GOT below:

Do you consider i think GOT is not a good pin?

#1682 8 years ago

It's too easy....

#1683 8 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

It's too easy....

Look first rate and mine. Still too easy?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1684 8 years ago

next time wait to review a game until you've played the hell out of it. Why the hell would you rate a game that you've only played 3-4 times? Might as well just look at the game and then rate it. One of the many reason why I haven't looked at the top 100 listing pretty much since I started using pinside.

#1685 8 years ago

I wish I could speak French as well as Colonel Caverne speaks English. And since I can't, I don't criticize. That's kind of harsh, I think.

#1686 8 years ago

Je ne parle pas francais, et tu englais.

That's about all I remember from grade 9 French class, and I live in a country where it's our second national language. Congrats to anyone the can speak multiple languages.

#1687 8 years ago

To chuckwurt

Do you think all rates are as fair as mine? Finally, i have edited my gameplay rate (as i had said) when i have played enough games to understand rules deeply.
Who have played between 50-100 games on a BBB or LE games before to give a true and fair rate?

#1688 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Je ne parle pas francais, et tu englais.
That's about all I remember from grade 9 French class, and I live in a country where it's our second national language. Congrats to anyone the can speak multiple languages.

Tried to do my best. Don't Forget that is english wrotten, this is my best ( that i can), speaking is a real pain for me.

#1689 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The playfield was already ~15 years old when clear coated, so it was well worn in/compressed.
Even if the pre-compression was a factor, I would not put in group 3. There is a big difference in the look/smoothness of your group 3 and this playfield.

Yea it doesn't really work that way. You can't just put it in another bucket because it looks smooth. The dents are in the wood not the clear. Your ~15 year old restored playfield has already been compressed which makes it fall into category 3 by definition. It's one big dimple. The clear coat isn't the reason it doesn't have dents. It's cause the wood has already compressed all it can in the last 15 years and is one big huge dimple.

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea it doesn't really work that way. You can't just put it in another bucket because it looks smooth. The dents are in the wood not the clear. Your ~15 year old restored playfield has already been compressed which makes it fall into category 3 by definition. It's one big dimple. The clear coat isn't the reason it doesn't have dents. It's cause the wood has already compressed all it can in the last 15 years and is one big huge dimple.

Do you think a new playfield with clear coates added will change nothing? I would still have dimples?

#1691 8 years ago

Do you think a new playfield with clear coates added will change nothing? I would still have dimples?

Yes, you will still have dimples. My wife thinks mine are cute.

#1692 8 years ago

I don't think the clear coat can stop the dimples. It does a nice job preventing the playfield from having the art rubbed off and having wood showing a few years later. And it keeps the ball surface fast. But a heavy ball bouncing on wood will make a dent no matter what paint coat you put on top. Recent stern playfields have had pretty decent clear coats.

#1693 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think the clear coat can stop the dimples. It does a nice job preventing the playfield from having the art rubbed off and having wood showing a few years later. And it keeps the ball surface fast. But a heavy ball bouncing on wood will make a dent no matter what paint coat you put on top. Recent stern playfields have had pretty decent clear coats.

The Got i have is only 2-3 month use and it is covered of dimples. I don't know if it has a decent clear coat. What i can also can say is i had 2 standard lotr in the past and i have never noticed that kind of dimples. My x-men le and Got get this problem. I don't know if quality is less with last pinball machines.

#1694 8 years ago

? for the tourney players or anyone that has put a fair amount of time on both the Pro and the Premium/LE.

Do you find the Pro plays easier than the Premium?

I've played both (Pro a handful of time) and find the Premium to be considerably harder. I only played the Premium in my home and pro on location. I set my games up steep and find location games rather slow normally (or at least at Replay), so not sure if it's a product of having only played a pro on location.

#1695 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The top surface has no dimples - whatever dimple/compression there is in between lower levels is not relevant to the top layer, if the top doesn't have them. Once the current top layer was applied approximately 7 years ago, that layer has no dimples.
Category 3 is a top layer that has so many dimples it doesn't look dimpled - upon close inspection that type of playfield displays an eggshell type quality, versus being completely smooth.

#1696 8 years ago

The dimple discussion has run its course IMO. Continue it here if you must.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#1697 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Do you find the Pro plays easier than the Premium?

Ive played only a couple dozen games on the pro, in the showroom. I've played a couple hundred games on the premium at home.

IMHO the pro is easier for a couple reasons. The mini-Playfield blocks the view of some shots, you can loose track of the ball more easily, but it's easy to deal with that after a couple games. The mini-Playfield also adds a new element making the rules more complex, not harder, but more complex. The main difference to me is that the right orbit on the pro has changed, on the pre/LE it has became the mistery shot as well as an orbit shot. This changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit, making it more difficult and more fun.

Sure the pro is a great game, anyone with a pro should be proud of their game. I just think the added benefit of the pre/LE changes will make it last longer in a collection.

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ive played only a couple dozen games on the pro, in the showroom. I've played a couple hundred games on the premium at home.
IMHO the pro is easier for a couple reasons. The mini-Playfield blocks the view of some shots, you can loose track of the ball more easily, but it's easy to deal with that after a couple games. The mini-Playfield also adds a new element making the rules more complex, not harder, but more complex. The main difference to me is that the right orbit on the pro has changed, on the pre/LE it has became the mistery shot as well as an orbit shot. This changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit, making it more difficult and more fun.
Sure the pro is a great game, anyone with a pro should be proud of their game. I just think the added benefit of the pre/LE changes will make it last longer in a collection.

The pro le prem discussion has ran its course IMO lol take it with a grain of salt

#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The top surface has no dimples - whatever dimple/compression there is in between lower levels is not relevant to the top layer, if the top doesn't have them. Once the current top layer was applied approximately 7 years ago, that layer has no dimples.
Category 3 is a top layer that has so many dimples it doesn't look dimpled - upon close inspection that type of playfield displays an eggshell type quality, versus being completely smooth.

Sorry....but that's not how it works. You never dent the clear (it's never thick enough to matter). You dent the wood. A 15 year old playfield (that's been played most of that time) is already fully compressed and no further denting will take place.....putting new clear on it won't change that. The new clear will look shinier and help protect the paint but it has zero effect on "denting".

#1700 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

just installed a sword (ice) above the left ramp entrance.
made a quick simple bracket (ex post, small piece of plexi and longer screws).
looks real good in the game.
GOT_sword.jpg

GOT_sword2.jpg

installed the second sword (long claw) on the other ramp, made a small plexi bracket for it.

Longclaw_(resized).jpgLongclaw_(resized).jpg

longclaw2_(resized).jpglongclaw2_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.