Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 127.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

Don't start them. Just get them close and like SKB said, wait until you're riding some sweet multipliers then cash them in.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll pass on it, and send it over to the Kiss guys, brighten their day a bit

Or even worse, the poor WWE owners on pinside. All 45 of them (22 LEs, 23 pro owners). Thanks Waison.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

If you're not already a Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast listener, I covered a little bit of the strategy for GOT in episode 216. It's toward the end of the episode. So if you don't have time to read this whole thread, listen to that segment.
Granted, with limited time, we couldn't get into a lot of the details. But I hope you guys enjoy.

I listened to the whole thing on my way home from work. What a great listen! I take it you're Colin snailman? The host did an excellent job too. I'm gonna push to listen to more on my commutes home.

As for the got strategy you talked about; I always forget about the hidden bonuses some houses have like Baratheon gets increased scoring during BFW. I think stark gets higher WHC Scoring, and Tyrell gets increased HOTK? I could be wrong.

For those interested : http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-216-an-evening-with-colin-macalpine_69492

Go to the 42-43 min mark. But the whole podcast is a great listen.

Side note as part of the podcast mentioned; I've been trying to figure out a way (time and money) to drive out to TX with the family and compete in the TPF tourney.

Anyway, good podcast. Thanks for sharing.

#1604 4 years ago

Oh something else I wanted to mention about GOT strategy. Greyjoy seems to be the house of choice for tourny players cause the potential stacks are higher than other houses; but what if greyjoy powers you stole were limited to only the ball you got them and not the entire game? Not sure if that's too much of a nerf but could add an extra element for expert players.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh something else I wanted to mention about GOT strategy. Greyjoy seems to be the house of choice for tourny players cause the potential stacks are higher than other houses; but what if greyjoy powers you stole were limited to only the ball you got them and not the entire game? Not sure if that's too much of a nerf but could add an extra element for expert players.

Then nobody would ever pick it just like Lannister Absolute last house I would pick in a tourney would be Greyjoy.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Then nobody would ever pick it just like Lannister Absolute last house I would pick in a tourney would be Greyjoy.

Yea. Maybe a better option would be to beef some of the other houses and/or randomize the house that all players play in competition mode.

#1607 4 years ago

I would think the top pro's would tear this game up. I tend to play "on the fly"...it's more exciting to me to try and hit my targets on the fly. But for anyone who is a master at controlling the ball with the flippers they could nail the safe shots on GOT all night long.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I would think the top pro's would tear this game up. I tend to play "on the fly"...it's more exciting to me to try and hit my targets on the fly. But for anyone who is a master at controlling the ball with the flippers they could nail the safe shots on GOT all night long.

Yeah but watch a pro loose his sh!t when he can't make a left orbits on a premium because of a manufacturing flaw. I swear it was like watching a child having a temper tantrum, or someone who just opened up a forty year old virgins action figure collection from the boxes.

If I can get a 3b score with just a basic strategy then a pro who studies this game is going to break the DMD with a freak score.

#1609 4 years ago

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

#1610 4 years ago

Just had a hell of a game

image_(resized).jpeg

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. Maybe a better option would be to beef some of the other houses and/or randomize the house that all players play in competition mode.

My idea to beef up Lannister is the iron bank. Hitting gold targets and making combos increases your iron bank total. But when your ready to cash in your iron bank, it does NOT reset all your multipliers.

The only think they need to change about greyjoy is making Martel harder to complete. Right now it takes three shots and that's it.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You may be right. Although DM is still my fav. Too early to tell, but this game is so much fun and I'm thinking strategy the WHOLE time I'm playing.

With the playfield artwork, the big cons is the quality of the playfield, 2 or 3 months of use and it is already all lumpy (i don't know If it s the Right word). It's a recurrent problem. Either as soon as you receive the machine nib and you ought to clearcoat the playfield without a single game either you order a new spare playfield. It s a shame imo.

Where to order new playfield?

#1613 4 years ago

Every playfield ever made did that. It from a steel ball pounding into it over and over again. The reason why you don't see it in older games is because that wood has been pounded down flat. So imagine one big dimple instead of all the tiny ones you see on your new GOT

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

With the playfield artwork, the big cons is the quality of the playfield, 2 or 3 months of use and it is already all lumpy (i don't know If it s the Right word). It's a recurrent problem. Either as soon as you receive the machine nib and you ought to clearcoat the playfield without a single game either you order a new spare playfield. It s a shame imo.
Where to order new playfield?

Steel ball vs timber. The ball tends to win every time.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every playfield ever made did that. It from a steel ball pounding into it over and over again. The reason why you don't see it in older games is because that wood has been pounded down flat. So imagine one big dimple instead of all the tiny ones you see on your new GOT

Even though it is exactly the same as forever, it does stand out more on newer games. The LEDs make it easier to see the dimples.

Plus (and this is VERY unscientific of me), newer games seem to have more airballs which makes it all happen faster.

#1616 4 years ago

I think they could clearcoated them much more.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I think they could clearcoated them much more.

Even next to WOZ the clear coat on got is exceptional

#1618 4 years ago

Clear coat protects the paint. It's a coating is on the wood. If the wood gets a dent the clear coat will dent too. I dont think any amount of clear coat would prevent this. Your car will dent too even though it's been clear coated.

If you have a game with no noticeable dents on the Playfield then there are three possibilities.
1) the game has never been played.
2) the game had a Playfield Protector installed before it was played.
3) the entire Playfield has been dented to one uniform level because it's been played a lot.

Almost all games fall into the #3 category.

#1619 4 years ago

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Clear coat protects the paint. It's a coating is on the wood. If the wood gets a dent the clear coat will dent too. I dont think any amount of clear coat would prevent this. Your car will dent too even though it's been clear coated.
If you have a game with no noticeable dents on the Playfield then there are three possibilities.
1) the game has never been played.
2) the game had a Playfield Protector installed before it was played.
3) the entire Playfield has been dented to one uniform level because it's been played a lot.
Almost all games fall into the #3 category.

This is simply not true. I have a Funhouse that was clear coated by Bill Davis over 5 years ago with many, many plays that has no dents. The playfield is super smooth upon close inspection. I have other games that fit the #3 category, but this one does not. Bill Davis used a very durable automotive clear and the result is different.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This is simply not true.

I stand corrected. This must be the exception to the rule, or was it dinted flat before his clear was put on? Did he apply his clear to a new Playfield or was it a restoration? If so I'd put it in group 3

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I stand corrected. This must be the exception to the rule, or was it dinted flat before his clear was put on? Did he apply his clear to a new Playfield or was it a restoration? If so I'd put it in group 3

The playfield was already ~15 years old when clear coated, so it was well worn in/compressed.
Even if the pre-compression was a factor, I would not put in group 3. There is a big difference in the look/smoothness of your group 3 and this playfield.

#1623 4 years ago

Thx I'm going to go pro. Not for the $ but for the speed. IM is one of my fav games; I don't play much so I prefer speed over rules.

#1624 4 years ago

best part about this game, is when it all comes together..

have the 3rd dragon lit in house Targaryen and another house lit, start both houses with the center ramp...and start either HOTK MB or TW MB.

its party time.

also, I swear with the shaker motor, Richie should change the Super Jackpot callout to "Super Jackhammer"...because that is what it feels like banging out those supers.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

have the 3rd dragon lit in house Targaryen and another house lit, start both houses with the center ramp...and start either HOTK MB or TW MB.

Did you mean BW MB? Didn't think you could bring any modes into HOTK?

#1626 4 years ago

Yesterday my buddy had a never ending multiball. He was playing winter has come, finished it off by starting blackwater multiball and as soon as that ended he started battle at the wall. Pure chaos for like 5 minutes.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you mean BW MB? Didn't think you could bring any modes into HOTK?

I stand corrected sir.

#1628 4 years ago

I stand corrected sir.

Haha okay. I was like man I didn't think to have house ready to play when going into HOTK. That would be cool to help get you closer to IT. It's gonna take me forever to get to IT I think.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's gonna take me forever to get to IT I think.

I had IT lit one time...and then proceeded to brick the 2 standup targets surrounding the center ramp trying to start the mode.

seriously?

#1630 4 years ago

I had IT lit one time...and then proceeded to brick the 2 standup targets surrounding the center ramp trying to start the mode.
seriously?

Sounds like me but I do it when trying to start a mode. Haha. Also, I struggle to hit the Martel loop consistently. I am much worse at shots on the right of the playfield, than shots on the left of the playfield.

#1631 4 years ago

I LOVE how you can feel the dragon flap its wings with the shaker motor during Targaryen and Castle MB. It really gets the heart pounding!

#1632 4 years ago

Its official we all have something in common were all addicted to got i had 4 multiballs in a row im still rushing this pin really does kick ass and the code is pretty dam good imo !! Am i the only one that's starting to hear we take what is ours haha

#1633 4 years ago

I also hear "when you sit on the Iron Throne, the truth is what you make it". Awesome.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This is simply not true. I have a Funhouse that was clear coated by Bill Davis over 5 years ago with many, many plays that has no dents. The playfield is super smooth upon close inspection. I have other games that fit the #3 category, but this one does not. Bill Davis used a very durable automotive clear and the result is different.

I would bet my life that it does indeed fall into categorie 3. There is no clearcoat (or amount of clearcoat) known to man that can prevent a steel pinball from denting a new playfield. Key word being "new". Old playfields have already been dented flat.

#1635 4 years ago

Question...what is the high score for Winter champ exactly? Is it the addition of all your WIC scores? Mine sits at 144m, so it obviously isn't the WIC score champ as that is low.

#1636 4 years ago

I assumed it was the amount of the highest WIC hurry up collected.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assumed it was the amount of the highest WIC hurry up collected.

Ahhhh

#1638 4 years ago

The top tier players around here tend to get at least 800M-1B points every game, at least when I'm watching. I agree that pros tear this pin up!

I'm more of a 300-400M player lol. But I usually follow the common Greyjoy path, shooting for Martell first and then PF MP / BW MB. The add-a-ball seems to work on every ball after you earn it. It doesn't reset after each ball. At least, not on the pro I've been playing.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

My idea to beef up Lannister is the iron bank. Hitting gold targets and making combos increases your iron bank total. But when your ready to cash in your iron bank, it does NOT reset all your multipliers.
The only think they need to change about greyjoy is making Martel harder to complete. Right now it takes three shots and that's it.

#1639 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the flipper is suppose to freeze during that MB on a Pro? I had it going pretty good, but nothing happened..

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is there a positive to picking Lannister? Better mystery options to spend gold? I just like trying all the houses to mix it up. Great to have all this choice of strategy

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.

Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Does anyone know if the flipper is suppose to freeze during that MB on a Pro? I had it going pretty good, but nothing happened..

If "that MB" refers to Winter Has Come, yes. And if you had it going pretty good, then nothing *should* happen, since that's basically its penalty mode.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I'm going to speculate that you do get better options, but this is only from observation when I pick Greyjoy, since Lannister is usually among the first modes I complete.
Of course, you may just be getting better options since you usually have more gold.

As far as I have seen (played about 20 games with lannister house), you only get more gold to start and for each gold target you collect. No changes in the awards in mystery that are available to you. like you said, just have better choices as the choices are based off the amount of gold you have available to spend.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

If "that MB" refers to Winter Has Come, yes. And if you had it going pretty good, then nothing *should* happen, since that's basically its penalty mode.

okay,
yeah, I've gotten there 5 or 6 times and haven't noticed anything. The last time I was there I did pretty shitty too.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

okay,
yeah, I've gotten there 5 or 6 times and haven't noticed anything. The last time I was there I did pretty shitty too.

The first time I got there, I beast moded it and played for a super long time, and it happened quite a bit (much to my confusion). Been there more than a few times since and hasn't happened again.

#1645 4 years ago

WINTER HAS COME RULES:
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE

#1646 4 years ago

There you have it, Thanks Eskaybee

#1647 4 years ago

Man this is a fantastic playing pin, I haven't tried the LE/Pre yet but the pro is simply amazing. I don't really watch the show and it doesn't matter, this is a classic in the making, code is already great so it can only get better from here.

#1648 4 years ago

Now you need to watch the show bro. It's good shit!

#1649 4 years ago

The best model is pro imo. Awesome flow and fast, the dream combo machine.
The LE breaks this flow, even without playing it it is obvious. What the LE gets more? Mode, multiball...?
I'm really surprise about the low ranking in the top100

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

WINTER HAS COME RULES:
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE

As you, i Feel that the potential of this machine is not exploited to 100%. It's already Awesome but i want more

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside