371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 144.
#1551 8 years ago

GOT? simply the best combo's game..."fast and furious"

#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

GOT? simply the best combo's game..."fast and furious"

You may be right. Although DM is still my fav. Too early to tell, but this game is so much fun and I'm thinking strategy the WHOLE time I'm playing.

#1553 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What area are you referring to? Underneath the playfeild or on top. What type of lube did you use?

Underneath. You'll see a plastic bushing so to speak with 2 screws holding the ram in place. Just lube up a q-tip and stick it and around the white plastic part inside so that when the ram moves back and forth it'll move more freely with that area lubed. Hope that made sense. At work so can't take a pic.

As for lube, it was my buddies. I just got back from playing his premium and I told him how kick ass his ram was and he told me what he did so he lubed up a q-tip for me and stuck in a plastic bag. Don't know what kind it was. And if centerflank reads this post, this thread can go south real quick

#1554 8 years ago

I used zoom oil. Only took like one drop on each ram leg.

#1555 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Reading all this I have a feeling pro is the way to go on this one?

Money is obviously a factor, so if you're on a budget pro is the way to go. However, if money is not a concern then getting both versions is the way to go - they play totally different!

If space is a concern, but Money is no object then; PREM/LE if you want more technical, pro if you want speed.

Right now, I still prefer the pro for its speed. The kickback is used a lot more on the pro, but I really like the rules for advancing the wall on the PREM. I'm still not entirely sold on the mini pf, I think code can change that and its definitely in contention for my personal favorite mini pf, but the ball is up there so much. Hopefully when the left orbit is fixed and possibly more beefed code will change that.

What it boils down to is this; do you like more technical pins with a few more toys and eye candy? If so go LE/PREM. Or do you rather enjoy fast speed and flow with little to no toys? If so go pro.

#1556 8 years ago

It's no 13 million but this was a sweet, mostly done on ball 3 game. Only a few shots left and I would have completed Iron Throne. The bonus was 254 million!- MY KIND OF BONUS!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1557 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's no 13 million but this was a sweet, mostly done on ball 3 game. Only a few shots left and I would have completed Iron Throne. The bonus was 254 million!- MY KIND OF BONUS!
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice! Which house did you play as?

#1558 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Money is obviously a factor, so if you're on a budget pro is the way to go. However, if money is not a concern then getting both versions is the way to go - they play totally different!
If space is a concern, but Money is no object then; PREM/LE if you want more technical, pro if you want speed.
Right now, I still prefer the pro for its speed. The kickback is used a lot more on the pro, but I really like the rules for advancing the wall on the PREM. I'm still not entirely sold on the mini pf, I think code can change that and its definitely in contention for my personal favorite mini pf, but the ball is up there so much. Hopefully when the left orbit is fixed and possibly more beefed code will change that.
What it boils down to is this; do you like more technical pins with a few more toys and eye candy? If so go LE/PREM. Or do you rather enjoy fast speed and flow with little to no toys? If so go pro.

One other thing I should mention about the PREM, when the ball is trapped on the right flipper, there's no easy fast way to get it to the left if you need to make a right orbit shot. On the pro, you can backhand the right ramp and the ball is at the left flipper in a blink of an eye. On the PREM, you can backhand the right ramp but you're up on the mini pf yet again. So there's a loss of flow. Overall, I still prefer the pro for its speedy flow and it's low maintenance - easy to clean pf; but I'm still limited on the PREM having only played it for about an hour; hard to decide really.

#1559 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anyone set the clock, i was expecting to play midnight madness tonight (set 2 hours earlier), nothing.
setting the clock for the third time now, seems like the game doesn't remember, it goes back to february 15 2015 every time.

Referencing back to some earlier stuff, check your battery. Some batteries were dead, and others had loose clips causing the game not to save programming.

#1560 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Which house did you play as?

Lannister, I remember selecting it by accident

#1561 8 years ago

Mmm, I don't know about forgiving. Honestly not trying to toot my own horn, but my IFPA ranking is under 200 and I've been having a tough time with this pin. Current HS is only 2.4 billion.

*toot* *toot* What a diff'rence 12 hours makes eh?
But to my point, it's extremely forgiving in the side drain department. I don't know how long you've been playing it, but the game times get really long. When I first played it months ago, I was amazed at the speed and it it had some quick game times...those days are over.

#1562 8 years ago

Also,
Does the flipper freeze on the pro? I didn't notice anything

#1563 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

*toot* *toot* What a diff'rence 12 hours makes eh?
But to my point, it's extremely forgiving in the side drain department. I don't know how long you've been playing it, but the game times get really long. When I first played it months ago, I was amazed at the speed and it it had some quick game times...those days are over.

haha, I think it was just one of those games! Most done on a ball 3? Insanity I say...

#1564 8 years ago

Also,
Does the flipper freeze on the pro? I didn't notice anything

In WHC it does....but I never noticed it in any other MB

haha, I think it was just one of those games! Most done on a ball 3? Insanity I say...

Trust me...just give it a week and see what your average becomes. I got Iron Throne is like 4 days of owning it. It's no Atlantis.

#1565 8 years ago

One more thing I just want to mention is how night and day this game is in comparison to KISS. I bought a nib KISS, and it's a stunning looker, beautiful game. I liked playing it a lot too, but without the AC/DC style coding it felt like what's the point? It's just a shame if that game doesn't get a proper code.

Speaking of Atlantis, I traded that KISS for a HUO Ripley's, got to Atlantis a few times

#1566 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One other thing I should mention about the PREM, when the ball is trapped on the right flipper, there's no easy fast way to get it to the left if you need to make a right orbit shot.

Post passing is pretty effective haha.

#1567 8 years ago

If you're not already a Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast listener, I covered a little bit of the strategy for GOT in episode 216. It's toward the end of the episode. So if you don't have time to read this whole thread, listen to that segment.
Granted, with limited time, we couldn't get into a lot of the details. But I hope you guys enjoy.

#1568 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Random anecdote: by finishing a double mode after having 3 already done, I managed to bring five houses into Hand of the King, but unfortunately found out you don't actually get five rule modifications. Martell was one of those houses, and it was excluded from the four that counted.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about playing 2 houses for house #4 & #5 and the impact on HOTK. In your case, not having Martell as one of the houses for HOTK is a HUGE benefit (Martell makes HOTK more difficult... not easier).

I wonder how the game decides which two of co-battle houses #4 & 5 it gives your for HOTK?

#1569 8 years ago

Not sure if this has been talked about in this thread yet, but here is my understanding of the "Castle" upper playfield (i.e. LE and Premium only) rules.

Castle Multiball - hit each of the lit targets (they are lit white). When you hit one, it extinguishes. After you hit all three targets, the middle lane shots (i.e. the two shots between the targets) light. Hit that and you get one progress towards castle multiball. Do that 4 times and you will get CMB.

Collecting Castles - when (and only when) you are in a house mode (e.g. Martel), the upper playfield targets will be lit in the color of that house's mode (e.g. orange for Martel). If you hit all of the lit targets, then the "Castle" insert on the upper playfield will light. Hit that shot (i.e. the far left mini loop on the upper playfield) to collect that house's castle (and I think 15 million points). Not sure what happens if you collect multiple or all of the castles.

#1570 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Collecting Castles - when (and only when) you are in a house mode (e.g. Martel), the upper playfield targets will be lit in the color of that house's mode (e.g. orange for Martel). If you hit all of the lit targets, then the "Castle" insert on the upper playfield will light. Hit that shot (i.e. the far left mini loop on the upper playfield) to collect that house's castle (and I think 15 million points). Not sure what happens if you collect multiple or all of the castles.

This to me is the main selling point of the LE/ Prem strategy wise. Collecting castles goes 15, 30, 45 mil ect. Plus 7.5 mil each added to bonus which then makes bonus X a huge strategy when you have 3-4 collected. I am guessing they will also play a part in castle multiball which right now completing the shots for a 5 mil super is a bit underwhelming.

#1571 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

If you're not already a Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast listener, I covered a little bit of the strategy for GOT in episode 216. It's toward the end of the episode. So if you don't have time to read this whole thread, listen to that segment.
Granted, with limited time, we couldn't get into a lot of the details. But I hope you guys enjoy.

Nice tips. I liked your comments on what to do for going for high score and what to do during match play. Thanks for sharing.

#1572 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Post passing is pretty effective haha.

True. But it brings up another good point. While we were playing my friends prem, he asked if I have noticed how hard it is to post past on this machine and proceeded to show me how difficult it was. I replied with a why would you need to post past at all? Then I played the prem and found myself in this predicament .

So yea, you can post past but one, it seems more difficult on this table and two, post passing just isn't as fun as back handing a ramp and combo'ing it to the needed shot.

#1573 8 years ago

Friend of the show, Collin! Thanks man.

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got to Play a premium for the first time today. Overall, it was great! Definitely a different feel than the pro. Not as fast, but more technical and a little more strategic. Definitely felt like the code could get a little more meat. I really enjoyed the shots into the throne, and advancing the wall is integrated better, don't know why they couldn't do the same for the pro? Maybe cause the castle black insert inst there I suppose. The Left orbit was a big disappointment; in 6 games, I think I got one full orbit. I wonder if the premium/LE would feel near as fast as the pro with full fast orbits?
Played about 6 games with scores roughly under a bil, but did destroy it once as Tyrell nearly beating iron throne

image_(resized).jpeg

I don't know whether its the 9 billion that's more impressive, or the fact that your score wound up ending in a '2'.

#1575 8 years ago

I could sell my pro and go to an LE/Prem but I won't. IM is one of my all time favorite games so apparently I value sparse playfields and high ball speeds over technical play. Probably why TZ and WOZ just don't appeal to me (and I keep trying to like them). Bear in mind that I don't hate them (It's pinball after all) but I wouldn't buy one for my own home.

What's weird though is I absolutely love my IJ. Widebody pin with tons of crap on it and not exactly lightning ball speeds (although it can get fast if you're hammering around in the lower section). Must be the theme?

#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Interesting. I hadn't thought about playing 2 houses for house #4 & #5 and the impact on HOTK. In your case, not having Martell as one of the houses for HOTK is a HUGE benefit (Martell makes HOTK more difficult... not easier).
I wonder how the game decides which two of co-battle houses #4 & 5 it gives your for HOTK?

The 'make it harder' houses (Baratheon and Martell) can actually make it more fun in a way. Combining those two houses gives you a 14-shot set (all seven twice). But I liked the franticness of hitting all those shots with a 2x/3x playfield running as opposed to just chipping away for a Super.

I'm theorizing that the order is probably just "left-to-right, top-to-bottom" -- that is, Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Greyjoy, Tyrell, Martell. Just judging by the fact that Martell gets excluded in that circumstance, despite the fact that I usually have it done early since that's what I've been starting with lately. I omitted Targaryen because I've never completely finished it prior to HOTK.

#1577 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I could sell my pro and go to an LE/Prem but I won't. IM is one of my all time favorite games so apparently I value sparse playfields and high ball speeds over technical play. Probably why TZ and WOZ just don't appeal to me (and I keep trying to like them). Bear in mind that I don't hate them (It's pinball after all) but I wouldn't buy one for my own home.
What's weird though is I absolutely love my IJ. Widebody pin with tons of crap on it and not exactly lightning ball speeds (although it can get fast if you're hammering around in the lower section). Must be the theme?

IM sits right next to my WOZ and it's shockingly sparse in comparison, though it is right there in the fun department.

#1578 8 years ago

On a pro how do you buy things with gold? Is there a hidden lock somewhere?

Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles? That'd be a real challenge to know what to shoot next for all but the 9B point savants, I would imagine!

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles?

Post comes up and holds in kickback.

It has color changing inserts. EDIT: Not as many or annoying but the main shots have it...just like ST

Pro - 7 Full Spectrum color-changing RGB LED's under playfield Shield inserts 
Prem/LE - 63 Full Spectrum color-changing RGB LED's under ALL inserts

#1580 8 years ago

Good info, thanks!

Another question, maybe not specific to the pro. The Swords values seem to vary widely. What determines the value?

#1581 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The Swords values seem to vary widely.

Huh...I never even thought of the value of them to be honest. Just a wild guess but Stern coding likes % these days...so maybe the sword value is a % of the house value you completed to light it?
EDIT: That sounded so good pulled out of my ass I'm going to believe it forever no matter what

#1582 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Good info, thanks!
Another question, maybe not specific to the pro. The Swords values seem to vary widely. What determines the value?

The values for the particular swords are fixed, but it seems like *what* sword you get is completely random.

enhanced-4192-1412751343-15_(resized).pngenhanced-4192-1412751343-15_(resized).png

#1583 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The values for the particular swords are fixed, but it seems like *what* sword you get is completely random.

Booo!

#1584 8 years ago

Also, I just realized that on default settings, collecting 2 swords will unlock all multipliers. I think if its on extra hard you need to collect 4 swords to get to max multipliers.

#1585 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I don't know whether its the 9 billion that's more impressive, or the fact that your score wound up ending in a '2'.

The 2 is definitely more impressive, wtf is that! LOL.

I would take my score with a grain of salt; the outlanes were not exactly wide open. But, the fact is i did get to see a lot of the game and already knew the rules going in. So i got a real good feel of what i liked and didnt like about the prem.

What the pro lacks, the premium makes up for. What the premium lacks, the pro makes up for. Simple answer to the equation, own both!!!

#1586 8 years ago

Ok. While we are on rules.
What lights the swords?
What raises Winter is coming hurry ups starting value?

#1587 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What lights the swords?

Completing a house mode.

#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

as far as i can tell, the only way to raise the WIC value is from a pops award and/or playing stark. But combos and pf multipliers also play a role.

Also, the WHC mb SJP is determined by the value of all your WIC hurry ups. So while its easy to get to WHC; its difficult to score well in it unless you built up those hurry ups.

#1589 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Being house stark, or by getting mystery awards or pop bumper awards are the only way I know of.

#1590 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Also I think I read the pro doesn't have color changing inserts. If that's correct how do you know the active shots when doing the house battles? That'd be a real challenge to know what to shoot next for all but the 9B point savants, I would imagine!

When Mystery is lit at the dragon is where you can use your gold.

The leds change colors on the pro, they flash their colors/shots if you have two houses going.

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So while its easy to get to WHC; its difficult to score well in it unless you built up those hurry ups.

Yeah and it's easy not to rush to get the WIC hurry ups, because they aren't worth many points. So you half ass them and then you have a half ass WHC.

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah and it's easy not to rush to get the WIC hurry ups, because they aren't worth many points. So you half ass them and then you have a half ass WHC.

I usually go for WIC hurryups when i come out of a multiball and my pf multiplier is 3x,4x,5x. My winter HS on my pro (with open outlanes ) is around 300 mil. I didnt get to collect that (with multipliers) during that game unfortunately...missed it by that much!

#1594 8 years ago

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd note it here too. There was a minor code update (1.23) released today for GOT (all models).

#1595 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I usually go for WIC hurryups when i come out of a multiball and my pf multiplier is 3x,4x,5x.

Hmmm...I'll try that out. To be honest I haven't been micro managing with the hurry ups as much as I should. As I said before I like to bacg out the left orbit right off the bat to get it out of the way. Perhaps I'll get them close and then work on multipliers.

#1596 8 years ago

Doesn't look worth it for me yet

PRO V1.23 - February 5, 2016
============================
Fixes:
- Fixed an issue introduced in v1.20 concerning flipper power
- Fixed an issue in which the tournament button light was not
lighting up when a tournament was running and there were credits
on the machine.

#1597 8 years ago

I agree.
That update looks like a skip for me.

#1598 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree.
That update looks like a skip for me.

I'll pass on it, and send it over to the Kiss guys, brighten their day a bit

#1599 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

It's a cool effect, but I'd say getting your normal playfield lighting back is reason enough *to* rush the hurryups.

Naw, doesn't bother me...these eyes are still working well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.