Topic Stats

• 6,426 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Chisox
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 788 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BF24C75A-0753-4413-99D9-6DA9938307C3 (resized).jpeg
CCDE49BF-C446-41EC-BE42-EC0E52FF3F20 (resized).jpeg
60377B7D-C3CD-41B6-9ECB-1652B4EDEA3F (resized).jpeg
GOT Topper (resized).png
d80ed54809506201697f6cde80dd4a423d45697e (resized).jpg
IMG-20200511-WA0002 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200524_011013 (resized).jpg
83D80ADD-BED1-4726-8BC6-E8F3D5B055B6.jpeg
20200411_163221 (resized).jpg
20200411_163124 (resized).jpg
20200411_163155 (resized).jpg
20200411_163454 (resized).jpg
20200411_163101 (resized).jpg
20200411_162957 (resized).jpg
GOT twitch event (resized).jpg
gotrammezel (resized).jpg

There are 6426 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 129.
#1502 4 years ago

Hey cap, how does the upper playfield come into play for each mode? I'm going to be playing GOTLE in the KY SCS and need to make sure I understand how to complete modes on one.

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey cap, how does the upper playfield come into play for each mode? I'm going to be playing GOTLE in the KY SCS and need to make sure I understand how to complete modes on one.

I only played a pro once and it felt like a different game to me. On Le some house completions require you to get to upper play field, basically follow the arrows. Not sure how CMB works on a pro but its fun on LE. Also if you can cradle a ball in upper play field and on lower play field you can really rack up some points. It is how I got my 3B score and I am by far a great pin player, heck I could not even get in a top 10 KISS tourney score and I own an LE. If your friends LE is not dialed in and tuned just right then prepare yourself for lots of ball rejects. GOTLE is the most finicky pin I have ever played, no room for any error.

#1504 4 years ago

There is no castle multiball on the Pro.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There is no castle multiball on the Pro.

Don't play it then. Once you go LE/PREM you won't want to go back...lol, but only if she plays correctly and has fixes installed. Unless you play on a unicorn LE with no issues. The rumor is, besides mine, there are a few LE's that work perfectly in OH

-They-really-do-move-in-herds-meme-16635_(resized).jpg

#1506 4 years ago

Haha. Never giving up my Pro. Looking forward to playing an LE though.

#1507 4 years ago

on a side note with the sword ball locks. If you lock a ball and or start a house and an additional ball gets fed into gameplay while the machine is going through select a house or the ball lock displays you'll need to adjust your first ball lock switch rollover. not a big deal.

#1508 4 years ago

While in each mode the 3 targets on the upper Playfield add time to the mode. 5sec per target. The upper Playfield left orbit completes house requirements. (While in stark mode it adds a name to aria's hit list) but at times, it will also get you castles for the house your fighting. I'm not 100% sure on the rules.

In normal gameplay the 3 mini Playfield targets light up, after their hit, the two drop off lanes light up. Hit one of them to advance toward castle multiball. This also raises the drop in front to the left ramp. Hit the drop target to open up the ramp again. Get the ball back up to the mini Playfield to repeat the cycle. Complete this 4 times to get castle multiball.

#1509 4 years ago

All this strategy/rules discussion is making me want to go home right now and play! I got Castle Multiball for the first time last night but had no idea what I was doing amid the craziness going on. Very fun Multiball even so!

#1510 4 years ago

Also battle for the wall multiball. I hit the kickback to advance that right? For each hit to the kickback does it advance by one?

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also battle for the wall multiball. I hit the kickback to advance that right? For each hit to the kickback does it advance by one?

In the pre/LE yes. The kickback advances it by one. When it's ready, you shoot the throne to start battle at the wall.

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Guys! Always pass on houses until you lock two balls then on third ball locked select two houses to complete at same time.

Well only if it's the correct houses. You def don't want to take Stark or baratheon in to MB.

Got Iron Throne last night, but didn't make a killing. I think it's time to take the outlane posts completely out.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

NO! I keep telling you pro owners it's the top lanes.

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes.

I found on the pro I got Wall every game. It just kind of happens. On the LE...not really, since there is no other reason to shoot that shot and it can be kind of risky. I end up going after everything else and Castle more.

I would like to see them make that shot worth something more (besides lighting the mode) to give you other reasons to shoot at it.

#1515 4 years ago

Yeah. That shot on the pro has a ton going on (mystery, EB, wall MB start, targaryen mode shots). Tough shot for me, so I guess I'll go after it if I have played the other MBs already.

Also, Baratheon may actually be a viable choice as a house on the prem and LE

#1516 4 years ago

Oh I guess you were talking aboot Prem/LE rules.

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I guess you were talking aboot Prem/LE rules.

Yeah I have to compete on one this weekend and wanted to be clear on some of the differences.

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I have to compete on one this weekend and wanted to be clear on some of the differences.

So funny when I first played the LE I ripped through around 10 top lane completions..."wow it's really tough to get wall MB on the LE!"

LE is cool, the upper playfield is...neat...but not needed. I guess it adds another MB but I wasn;t super impressed with it. Wouldn't mind having the UPF mind you, but the brightness factor of LE wasn't for me either.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So funny when I first played the LE I ripped through around 10 top lane completions..."wow it's really tough to get wall MB on the LE!"

Good start to your bonus X though. Haha

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE is cool, the upper playfield is...neat...but not needed. I guess it adds another MB but I wasn;t super impressed with it. Wouldn't mind having the UPF mind you, but the brightness factor of LE wasn't for me either.

relocated my sling shot flashers and WOW! Now I do not loose my sight of game play.

IMG_2833_(resized).JPG

#1521 4 years ago

The only real issue with GOT are the horrible WIC lighting...seriously I can't see a goddamn thing when.....ha, just kidding. I don't have any problems in complete darkness or light

#1522 4 years ago

WHC MB is so badass. Cannot wait to get back to that mode.

image_(resized).png

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WHC MB is so badass. Cannot wait to get back to that mode.
image_(resized).png

That was another one, the first time I got it I wrecked it...lasted forever and I didn't know aboot the left flipper thing because I had heard sometimes flippers can go dead in MB That was a 5.4 game.
Last night I got WHC/IT and sort of sucked them both up...pedestrian 3.5ish

#1524 4 years ago

So on the pro can you add time to the modes like you can on the pre/LE.

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So on the pro can you add time to the modes like you can on the pre/LE.

The only way I have seen it add time is from a random pop bumper award on the Pro.

#1526 4 years ago

Okay, I have the game pretty figured out....Of course, executing everything is something totally different...

And of course it helps NOT starting with Stark lit solid, realizing to change the factory default settings to ''off'' so you can choose a house at game start. This was amazing when I discovered it, haha

And lastly, I don't think I have been this addicted to playing a game since I don't even know. I know it's the honeymoon phase, but I've had nearly every game and this one is just superb. The code is fantastic, the modes are great/fun, the stacking, combos, multipliers, and too many little details to even mention are all top notch. Makes me wonder if I'm missing anything over in premium/le land, but I really do love this pro.

If you're thinking of grabbing one, DO IT!!

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Okay, I have the game pretty figured out....Of course, executing everything is something totally different...
And of course it helps NOT starting with Stark lit solid, realizing to change the factory default settings to ''off'' so you can choose a house at game start. This was amazing when I discovered it, haha

I don't get why this ships as the default setting.

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know right?
I hate having to change that back after updates and I hate the power button on the head.
But oh wel, it is what it is.

#1529 4 years ago

3 eyed crow

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

My rule of thumb is to get Lannister and Greyjoy lit before the first BW multiball. Always start it with those two. Kill 3 birds with one shot. Treat that multiball as if you were just playing Greyjoy's mode.

Stark - I almost always play it on its own so I can concentrate on maxing it out.

Get Targaryen lit early to get it out of the way. Always try to stack one level of it with any other house (except Stark as noted above). It's a grind, so you might as well run it parallel to your other houses if possible. Targaryen III with multiball is SWEET. I do believe you get leeway if one of those shots times out too. Helped immensely in reaching Iron Throne.

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

My rule of thumb is to get Lannister and Greyjoy lit before the first BW multiball. Always start it with those two. Kill 3 birds with one shot. Treat that multiball as if you were just playing Greyjoy's mode.
Stark - I almost always play it on its own so I can concentrate on maxing it out.
Get Targaryen lit early to get it out of the way. Always try to stack one level of it with any other house (except Stark as noted above). It's a grind, so you might as well run it parallel to your other houses if possible. Targaryen III with multiball is SWEET. I do believe you get leeway if one of those shots times out too. Helped immensely in reaching Iron Throne.

I have approached my GOT pro in this exact same way.

#1532 4 years ago

Random anecdote: by finishing a double mode after having 3 already done, I managed to bring five houses into Hand of the King, but unfortunately found out you don't actually get five rule modifications. Martell was one of those houses, and it was excluded from the four that counted.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hmm. I don't recall needing to set this on on Premium, either initially or after the v1.22 update. Only thing I needed to set and then reset was FreePlay.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Hmm. I don't recall needing to set this on on Premium, either initially or after the v1.22 update. Only thing I needed to set and then reset was FreePlay.

Maybe they assume noobs are playing the Pro and seasoned vets are playing the prem/LE

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have approached my GOT pro in this exact same way.

I'll usually light Greyjoy first, and finish off the WIC award on that left loop, It's very easy and safe. Lannister comes naturally loading the balls for lock. Plus, if it no lock is lit you can bang out the center ramp WIC right away too.
EDIT: Then you can also throw Martell in there, you can get rid of both orbit WIC, and basically have Wall MB lit pretty damn early.

#1536 4 years ago

Got my topper today one word comes to mind badass!!!!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1537 4 years ago

Lubed my ram tonight, oh yea.....feels good. Night and day difference. With pf in upright position stick a q-tip with a little lube inside the plastic opening and just lube the area of both sides. Left flipper registers all the time and it's smooth!

#1538 4 years ago

What are people doing with the outlanes? Stock from the factory comes all the way up.

I like my games set stock, but I'm getting a lot of left and right nonsense drains. Seems to happen mostly from trying to slow down an rocketed orbit shot.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lubed my ram tonight, oh yea.....feels good. Night and day difference. With pf in upright position stick a q-tip with a little lube inside the plastic opening and just lube the area of both sides. Left flipper registers all the time and it's smooth!

Hahahaha! Good advice, this is how I applied the lube as well. Feels very nice.

#1540 4 years ago

So I got to Play a premium for the first time today. Overall, it was great! Definitely a different feel than the pro. Not as fast, but more technical and a little more strategic. Definitely felt like the code could get a little more meat. I really enjoyed the shots into the throne, and advancing the wall is integrated better, don't know why they couldn't do the same for the pro? Maybe cause the castle black insert inst there I suppose. The Left orbit was a big disappointment; in 6 games, I think I got one full orbit. I wonder if the premium/LE would feel near as fast as the pro with full fast orbits?

Played about 6 games with scores roughly under a bil, but did destroy it once as Tyrell nearly beating iron throne

image_(resized).jpeg

#1541 4 years ago

What are people doing with the outlanes? Stock from the factory comes all the way up.
I like my games set stock, but I'm getting a lot of left and right nonsense drains. Seems to happen mostly from trying to slow down an rocketed orbit shot.

They're all the way up but I'm thinking of taking them out...something i usually don;t do, but this game is very forgiving.

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Played about 6 games with scores roughly under a bil, but did destroy it once as Tyrell nearly beating iron throne

Holy smokes!!! I got 900 mill last night and was pumped. 9 billion though!!! Sick stuff man.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They're all the way up but I'm thinking of taking them out...something i usually don;t do, but this game is very forgiving.

Mmm, I don't know about forgiving. Honestly not trying to toot my own horn, but my IFPA ranking is under 200 and I've been having a tough time with this pin. Current HS is only 2.4 billion.

#1544 4 years ago

anyone set the clock, i was expecting to play midnight madness tonight (set 2 hours earlier), nothing.
setting the clock for the third time now, seems like the game doesn't remember, it goes back to february 15 2015 every time.

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anyone set the clock, i was expecting to play midnight madness tonight (set 2 hours earlier), nothing.
setting the clock for the third time now, seems like the game doesn't remember, it goes back to february 15 2015 every time.

I'll see if it saves tomorrow, but about 1o minutes ago, I ran over and set the clock with 2 minutes to spare. Started a game and a few moments later....Midnight Madness
Was great.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What area are you referring to? Underneath the playfeild or on top. What type of lube did you use?

#1547 4 years ago

Mmm, I don't know about forgiving. Honestly not trying to toot my own horn, but my IFPA ranking is under 200 and I've been having a tough time with this pin. Current HS is only 2.4 billion.

You'll figure it out. I'm not a great player but I'm not horrible either. Just cracked 3 billion for the first time tonight. (probably around 30 games total on it).

#1548 4 years ago

Reading all this I have a feeling pro is the way to go on this one?

#1549 4 years ago

More to do on the premium/LE. But both are great games.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Reading all this I have a feeling pro is the way to go on this one?

Play them both for yourself and find out. They seem to be very different so it would be hard for any of us early adopters to give a totally unbiased review as I'm sure no one bought a Pro and a Prem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fremont, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 6426 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 129.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside