371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 144.
#1451 8 years ago

I like my ram right where it is. I have to get a pretty solid shot on it but I think that is intended.

#1452 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I like my ram right where it is. I have to get a pretty solid shot on it but I think that is intended.

Agreed. But mine wasn't budging from a full force straight on shot from the right flipper. No way that's intended. Now mine is working like the 3 other GOTs I've played.

#1453 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

There is a test of it in menu

Found it. It sort of tries to move the shaker. A slight tremble, but not much else. I guess I will call tech support on Monday. Thanks.

#1454 8 years ago

Midnight madness is Hilarious. Nuff said.

#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Midnight madness is Hilarious. Nuff said.

I haven't even tried it yet.......keep forgetting!

#1456 8 years ago

Have not tried Midnight Madness yet.
However I just had my best game tonight. 3.8 Billion.
Completed every house but Targaryen.
Found out just how cool the rules are in "Winter Has Come". If you don't make the shots in time you will get "Frozen" and the left flipper goes dead. You must shoot the center ramp with just the right flipper working to "Thaw out".
I love cool little code things like that.
What a great game and I hope we get even more cool stuff added.

#1457 8 years ago

Hey guys. I wanted to tackle WHC multiball today. What's the best way to get to that if that's my only goal?

#1458 8 years ago

Was playing an LE yesterday and got to pull of a move I've never done on any pin.

Had one of the mb's going, and managed to trap the ball on the left flipper in the upper plafield while keeping 2 other balls in play on the bottom. Worked out well. When the bottom balls drained, I was already set up to take a breath and relax and then get a clean feed to start things up again.

Cool game. I'm excited to see what future code will do.

#1459 8 years ago

Curious, what are the conditions that get the ball onto the throne? I have not seen that since my very first game.

#1460 8 years ago

Just got to WHC pretty easily. If you pass on each battle unless you're about to start MB, you can get there quickly. Complete the hurry ups for GJ, Lan, Stark, and Martell and you're there. Those are the safest WIC hurry ups to shoot for IMO.

#1461 8 years ago

So I backhanded the dragon shot yesterday for the first time......then I did it again in the same game! Ball on the fly both times, I don't think it's possible from a cradle.

#1462 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So I backhanded the dragon shot yesterday for the first time......then I did it again in the same game! Ball on the fly both times, I don't think it's possible from a cradle.

I've done it twice from a cradle. You literally have to hit it perfectly. Zero room to miss it at all. I've been doing on the fly more and more.

One thing I found this morning is hitting the drops from the right flipper usually had a safe carrum to the Tyrell targets. Good way to double dip there.

#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One thing I found this morning is hitting the drops from the right flipper usually had a safe carrum to the Tyrell targets. Good way to double dip there.

That's what I've found also. Shoot with the right flipper toward the lord of light drops and the rebound heads straight for the Tyrell targets. Nice.

#1464 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've Hit it as well from Cradle maybe 7-8 xs. As stated, it must be hit perfectly and is not consistent enough (for me) to go for it. Shot much more makable on the fly. Best to either pass the ball or hit the ramp to get the ball back to right flipper. I'm really enjoying this pin!!

#1465 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Curious, what are the conditions that get the ball onto the throne? I have not seen that since my very first game.

On the Prem/LE, when the mystery is lit, it sends the ball to the throne. Also, If I remember correctly, when you start Battle at the Wall MB, it also goes into the throne.

#1466 8 years ago

Skill Shot solved!

Someone mentioned going into the switch test and firing the flippers and seeing if anything else fired with them. Well lo and behold that is exactly what was happening. The switch below the lock ball target (behind the rubber sling) was firing along with the flippers. Adjusted that switch and my skill shot is back in action.

That switch was not stuck on normally so it wasn't showing up when just doing a normal switch test.....little bastard.

#1467 8 years ago

Playing around with my sword lock last night. Not bad for first try...

IMG_0632_(resized).JPGIMG_0632_(resized).JPG

IMG_0757_(resized).JPGIMG_0757_(resized).JPG

#1468 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Playing around with my sword lock last night. Not bad for first try...

IMG_0632_(resized).JPG

cool, i was thinking about a decal but this is much better, well done.

#1470 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Assuming you're on a pro, one hell of a lucky airball.

#1471 8 years ago

WEll, it's in the house and kicking ass as of Saturday.

One thing you notice in the house instead of an arcade is the sound package was way way thinner than I thought; and I thought it was super thin. So hopefully they fix that.

#1472 8 years ago

Agreed. Seems like a lot of clips with no sound associated with them.

#1473 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Seems like a lot of clips with no sound associated with them.

It's like when you stack some shit and then start Wall MB and feeling a little pumped as the horn goes off 2 times...and then 7 seconds of silence.

#1474 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's like when you stack some shit and then start Wall MB and feeling a little pumped as the horn goes off 2 times...and then 7 seconds of silence.

Or when you hit the first Martel shot and you're all jacked up after hearing "I demand a trial by combat", then the next two hits are tiny video clips of people standing around saying nothing to each other. Waah waah. Haha

#1475 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

then the next two hits are tiny video clips of people standing around saying nothing to each other. Waah waah. Haha

Ha right...you sort of get a blade noise at the very end. Speaking of which....

Probably covered in all these pages is the point of Martell to begin with; which eludes me. Revisionist history? Not complete? Wishful thinking? I hate to break it to Mr. Martell, but that isn't quite how that battle ended

#1476 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably covered in all these pages is the point of Martell to begin with; which eludes me. Revisionist history? Not complete? Wishful thinking? I hate to break it to Mr. Martell, but that isn't quite how that battle ended

No kidding. Where are the eyes popping out?

#1477 8 years ago

Eyes gouged out has to be one of the worst ways to go.

#1478 8 years ago

Even more than eyes gouged out.... that was just the beginning. the guy gets his head crushed in.
And yes, the mode DMD is definitely revisionist history. Nice choice of words.

#1479 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eyes gouged out has to be one of the worst ways to go.

It was his teeth chattering across the courtyard that got me. Yuck!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Bugs me every time I complete the mode.

#1480 8 years ago

If the shots to start the mode had longer clips with more speech/sounds, I am okay with how the sounds/clips are once in the mode even if they don't tell the whole story.

#1481 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It was his teeth chattering across the courtyard that got me. Yuck!

My wife didn't like that either, as I kept 30 second skipping back so watch it again and again....and again.

Back and to the left...back and to the left.

Man she loved that guy.

#1482 8 years ago

For all you LE owners. If you ask me it should have come this way IMO. Got castle sticker mod.

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_2936_(resized).JPG
IMG_3289_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

#1483 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Bugs me every time I complete the mode.

None of that bothers me! I guess I'm glad I don't watch the show.

#1484 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

None of that bothers me! I guess I'm glad I don't watch the show.

Actually you should be really really sad you don't watch the show.

#1485 8 years ago

I guess I'm glad I don't watch the show.

Yup, universally hated.

#1486 8 years ago

Read this thread carefully last night and liked what I read. So much so, that it made my mind up to pick this up today, I haven't played or seen one yet, I don't think I will be disappointed. I'm looking forward to playing it fresh. Love the show. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1487 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually you should be really really sad you don't watch the show.

Actually I've seen the first season so it's not completely true. I will eventually get around to watching the rest.

#1488 8 years ago

Actually I've seen the first season so it's not completely true. I will eventually get around to watching the rest.

It's best to binge watch it. It's easier to follow. Lots of names and situations to remember.

#1489 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Read this thread carefully last night and liked what I read. So much so, that it made my mind up to pick this up today, I haven't played or seen one yet, I don't think I will be disappointed. I'm looking forward to playing it fresh. Love the show. image_(resized).jpeg

Nice! Only the second one in the area that I know about and you beat me on delivery lol.

#1490 8 years ago

Okay, so first impressions:

Game looks awesome right from the box. Very pretty looking upon power up.

First couple of games I honestly felt a little underwhelmed, (just a little bit) and it felt confusing because there is so much lit.

But...I kept wanting to push start and I quickly started learning both the shots and the rules. I literally couldn't stop playing! The shots are addicting and the playfield bonus x is really too tempting a shot. I had one black water multiball where I was able to just keep pounding away at the battering ram for Super Jackpots, it was sweet! It flows really well, and can be stupid fast. There is an excellent balance between shots with both flippers. I like how you can back hand the spinner and backhand the right ramp. It seems like a strange layout to me, different, but for whatever reason, it just works and is a ton of fun to jam out on. Because of the code, I see this one becoming a classic table.

#1491 8 years ago

The 'just have to press start again' feel of this game reminds of IM however I think this is a lot better code and player.

#1492 8 years ago

I need the OP to change the thread title to GOT Kicks MY Ass! Set up my premium on Saturday and I can't play it. The machine plays fine, but I suck. I can barely make it through 2 houses and multiballs are like hen's teeth. Haven't broken 500M yet.

I find myself playing my SS machines for therapy. Please tell me I will be OK.

OK rant off. I went through this with my TWD too, played it for weeks before it really clicked. Just frustrated I'm not good enough of a player to pick up a new machine and play it respectably right out of the box.

#1493 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

GOT Kicks MY Ass!

I feel your pain. My best score is 975mil. But usually the games end under 500mil with no more than two or three houses done.

#1494 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I need the OP to change the thread title to GOT Kicks MY Ass! Set up my premium on Saturday and I can't play it. The machine plays fine, but I suck. I can barely make it through 2 houses and multiballs are like hen's teeth. Haven't broken 500M yet.
I find myself playing my SS machines for therapy. Please tell me I will be OK.
OK rant off. I went through this with my TWD too, played it for weeks before it really clicked. Just frustrated I'm not good enough of a player to pick up a new machine and play it respectably right out of the box.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I feel your pain. My best score is 975mil. But usually the games end under 500mil with no more than two or three houses done.

Guys! Always pass on houses until you lock two balls then on third ball locked select two houses to complete at same time. With multiple balls flying around you hit the majority of the targets in first 10 seconds. I was in the same boat as you guys, but then I started using this method and now my low 1B scores do not even make the initials. I am also getting HOK every 5-8 games. Give er a try

#1495 8 years ago

Lannister house is hit gold stand ups between lanes to light them, then hit 5 lanes to win
Stark is, hit the ramps 3 times or more then an orbit to win
Martel is hit 3 orbits then a ramp to win
Tyrell is shots to the right stand ups then to a ramp then back to the stand ups. (Do this a couple times)?
Berathion is shots to the left. orbit lights, then orbit or kickback light. Finish it off with the drop targets.
Greyjoy is hit each main shot. Timer resets after each one.
Targarian is a challenge unto itself.

I try to pair Lannister and greyjoy, or Lannister and stark. Stark and Tyrell. Berathion and Martel. Or Martel and Tyrell together. Targarian by itself.

I never do greyjoy with stark or Martel.

Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

#1496 8 years ago

Lannister house is hit gold stand ups between lanes to light them, then hit 5 lanes to win
Stark is, hit the ramps 3 times or more then an orbit to win
Tyrell is shots to the right stand ups then to a ramp then back to the stand ups. (Do this a couple times)?
Berathion is shots to the left. orbit lights, then orbit or kickback light. Finish it off with the drop targets.
Greyjoy is hit each main shot. Timer resets after each one.
Targarian is a challenge unto itself.
I try to pair Lannister and greyjoy, or Lannister and stark. Stark and Tyrell. Berathion and Martel. Or Martel and Tyrell together. Targarian by itself.
I never do greyjoy with stark or Martel.
Do I have it right? What do you guys play together to complete houses.

BOOM! Thats it right there. Some times I will work on CMB in itself and then WHC will fall in place with BFW. I have had a few 1B scores with no houses complete.

#1497 8 years ago

Only need to hit the orbit shots. Let it time out after that and you will still beat the house.

Tyrell starts with the ramps then goes to the green stand ups. Have to do the cycle 4 times I believe.

The rest you have it correct.

#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only need to hit the orbit shots. Let it time out after that and you will still beat the house.
Tyrell starts with the ramps then goes to the green stand ups. Have to do the cycle 4 times I believe.
The rest you have it correct.

Hmmm I know if I run out of time on Martel and do not hit center or mini play field ramp the house will not complete and when I restart house I need only hit one ramp to complete as it will pick up where it left off, then again I am on an LE not a pro. Same goes for Lanister. Not sure on other houses

#1499 8 years ago

Wow, I really do suck too. Not enough plays yet (<<50) & travelling all this week, so no chance other than to read Pinside.

Good strategy notes above. I'd love to see a compiled guide to help give my game a boost!

#1500 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Guys! Always pass on houses until you lock two balls then on third ball locked select two houses to complete at same time

This isn't always the case but definitely a good rule of thumb.

Take for instance, if you are Tyrell house and you just got done completely a couple houses and you're now at your max multipliers level, start stark mode in its own, and just keep looping the center shot and getting the HOTK inlane before the next center shot. Then when you cash in the jackpot with a loop shot, you can have up to 750 million from that one mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.