371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 144.
#1401 8 years ago

The set it up is on.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1402 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The set it up is on.
image_(resized).jpg

cool, where did you get the gold shooter rod and housing?

#1403 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

cool, where did you get the gold shooter rod and housing?

Gio put them on. We are now set up and playing:

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1404 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

image_(resized).jpg

yeah i realized after my post when saw the door, nice touch.

#1405 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

image_(resized).jpg

Pav has learned much from her Jedi mentor...

#1406 8 years ago

So, I have my first issue...

I have this in my apartment, so I want the shaker off. I turned it off in the settings but it still goes of when Area is counting down her list and with the kickback.

Is there a second setting somewhere to turn it off another time or this just a bug and I need to uninstall the shaker entirely?

#1407 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have this in my apartment, so I want the shaker off. I turned it off in the settings but it still goes of when Area is counting down her list and with the kickback.
Is there a second setting somewhere to turn it off another time or this just a bug and I need to uninstall the shaker entirely?

Maybe just unplug it for now.

Rob

#1408 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Maybe turn it to minimal use?

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Maybe turn it to minimal use?

And if that fails to work the shaker is just hooked up with one simple molex plug. Very easy to just unplug it.
Good luck and I can't wait to see this game.

#1410 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

And if that fails to work the shaker is just hooked up with one simple molex plug. Very easy to just unplug it.

I talked Pav through it. Unplugged the shaker....

I can't wait to head to NOLA and play the LE....

#1411 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Bring the Moncla Mafia to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

#1412 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bring the Moncla Mafia to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

Preston made it over last year. But he had a friends house to stay in.
We would never find a hotel now. Lol
That place is crazy.
Enjoy your new machine and your Podcast interview.

#1413 8 years ago

Boom baby!!! Can't believe I got a new game!! Hahaimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boom baby!!! Can't believe I got a new game!! Hahaimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

congrats, first nib is always the best. it's a fun and fast game, enjoy.
and on top of that you already have the new translite.

bob.

#1415 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boom baby!!! Can't believe I got a new game!! Hahaimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

GOT was my first NIB since LOTR in 2003, congrats!

#1416 8 years ago

Hey guys, after playing for an hour or so last night I noticed that my ram was having trouble traveling on its track smoothly, even with square straight on hits from the right flipper.

Please note I set my game up really steep, so I'm wondering it that has a hand in it. Also, I noted that I was sometimes getting credit for two ram hits after only one physical hit. I would hit the ram once but the code would register two hits back to back.

I'm running 1.21, and this game is amazing.

#1417 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys, after playing for an hour or so last night I noticed that my ram was having trouble traveling on its track smoothly, even with square straight on hits from the right flipper.
Please note I set my game up really steep, so I'm wondering it that has a hand in it. Also, I noted that I was sometimes getting credit for two ram hits after only one physical hit. I would hit the ram once but the code would register two hits back to back.
I'm running 1.21, and this game is amazing.

Update to NEW code for sure. For a smoother ram travel take it off and get a rectangle mylar strip under there before plastic wheels eat up play field and make sure wheels roll smoothly. Maybe one drop of skate oil on each wheel.

#1418 8 years ago

Thanks brother. You're welcome to come play at my house any time. Might have a get together later this month with local pinheads. I'll let you know.

#1419 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks brother. You're welcome to come play at my house any time. Might have a get together later this month with local pinheads. I'll let you know.

DAMN! I will be in training. I get back beginning next month

#1420 8 years ago

No worries. Maybe next time. Thanks again for your service and all the help you're giving us here.

#1421 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So did your face hurt this morning from smiling so much last night? Ha! Glad it finally arrived!! Congrats

#1422 8 years ago

Let's just say I was up about 3-4 hours later than I should've been. Haha

#1423 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ha! That's awesome.

#1424 8 years ago

Alright, another issue I'm having (now that the shaker issue is fixed), and this one is weird:

I have about one second to select a house when the first player starts, then it auto selects. No switch is triggering that I can tell (no points register), if I'm quick enough I can change from Stark to Baratheon.

Anyone else have this issue? What's the fix?

Thanks.

#1425 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alright, another issue I'm having (now that the shaker issue is fixed), and this one is weird:
I have about one second to select a house when the first player starts, then it auto selects. No switch is triggering that I can tell (no points register), if I'm quick enough I can change from Stark to Baratheon.
Anyone else have this issue? What's the fix?
Thanks.

You've got a switch triggering somewhere on the playfield. The usual culprits are on the upper PF--that switch behind the right and left rubbers and in my case, the center target. Do a switch matrix test and fire both flippers to see what else lights up on the matrix. That's your culprit.

#1426 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You've got a switch triggering somewhere on the playfield. The usual culprits are on the upper PF--that switch behind the right and left rubbers and in my case, the center target. Do a switch matrix test and fire both flippers to see what else lights up on the matrix. That's your culprit.

Cool. I just started a tech feedback thread as well (before I saw this). I'll give it a shot and see what I can do. All my tools are in Lake Charles, so I'm limited with what I can do here in New Orleans.

#1427 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Congrats chuck! Good to hear you finally got yours!

#1428 8 years ago

Hmm. Thought they posted earlier...

Art blades installed on pro. Finally broke my high score shortly after! (820,000,000)

image2_(resized).JPGimage2_(resized).JPG

image1_(resized).JPGimage1_(resized).JPG

image3_(resized).JPGimage3_(resized).JPG

#1429 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool. I just started a tech feedback thread as well (before I saw this). I'll give it a shot and see what I can do. All my tools are in Lake Charles, so I'm limited with what I can do here in New Orleans.

No tools required, maybe a kitchen knife to bend out the switch that is too close.

#1430 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Hmm. Thought they posted earlier...
Art blades installed on pro. Finally broke my high score shortly after! (820,000,000)

image2_(resized).JPGimage1_(resized).JPGimage3_(resized).JPG

They look great. How much were they again?

#1431 8 years ago

$85. A bit steep but worth it. Just hit HOTK for first time and landed a 1.7 billion score. Blades are staying!

#1432 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

$85. A bit steep but worth it. Just hit HOTK for first time and landed a 1.7 billion score. Blades are staying!

Nice dude! Looks like those blades are good luck!

#1433 8 years ago

Is there a way to prop the playfield up more vertical like classic games so I can take a look at my ram mech?

#1434 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a way to prop the playfield up more vertical like classic games so I can take a look at my ram mech?

throw a blanket on top of back box and tilt up like most every pin. Or you can use my rubber Stern save-a-strip....he he

#1435 8 years ago

This question may have been answered before, but can the strength of the upper pf flippers in the pre/le be dialed down through the game software?

#1436 8 years ago

There's a setting for coil strength, not specific to the upper pf. The latest code lowered the upper pf flippers strength tho, if you haven't updated

#1437 8 years ago

Thinking about buying. It's between this and TWD. The force of those flippers looks like it would do some damage over time. But I haven't seen a video with the new code. I assume it's a significant, noticeable drop in strength? I see the latest code just came out 5 days ago.

#1438 8 years ago

I don't really worry about the upper pf after the code update. Before that I felt like the targets themselves might get smashed! Upper pf flippers are noticeably softer. Could go softer still, but it's fine the way it is.

I also set the coils to low strength after breaking a plastic (main pf) tho. Can still make the shots. Backhanding the Stark ramp is a little more challenging now, but it should be imo

#1439 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice dude! Looks like those blades are good luck!

The software can detect if blades are installed and subtly increases the scoring.

#1440 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

The software can detect if blades are installed and subtly increases the scoring.

Well then I should be getting trillion point scores for these puppies

IMG_3023_(resized).JPGIMG_3023_(resized).JPG

IMG_3025_(resized).JPGIMG_3025_(resized).JPG

#1441 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Well then I should be getting trillion point scores for these puppies

Who is making those Capgun?
Would love to see the whole thing.

#1442 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Who is making those Capgun?
Would love to see the whole thing.

I just photoshopped them from the show and printed them at my friends commercial printer

#1443 8 years ago

I just photoshopped them from the show and printed them at my friends commercial printer

oh, ok.
Nice job.

#1444 8 years ago

I just have to say WOW! I put some mirror blades in my pro and I regret it after seeing your machine...

#1445 8 years ago

Anyone have a shaker? It is not working for me. I tested the shaker with a battery and it works, but it is not working when connected to the game. Anyway to test the shaker through the menu system?

#1446 8 years ago

Also, I was able to fix my battering ram issue. The switch registering twice for each hit was a switch adjustment. The travel of the ram itself was fixed by taking it apart, loosening the screws that screwed the axels to the ram mech just a bit, dropped a tiny bit of zoom oil on each axel, and also on the ram feet that go through the playfield and also on the sled that attaches to the bottom of the playfield. Also, when reattaching the sled the underside of the playfield, I didn't screw it in so tight. It was really tight from the factory.

Smooth as butter now.

#1447 8 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Anyone has a Pinball life shaker? It is not working for me. I tested the shaker with a battery and it works, but it is not working when connected to the game. It does not have the blue capacitor attached. Anyway to test the shaker through the menu system?

There is a test of it in menu

#1448 8 years ago

Is it under the coil test?

#1449 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, I was able to fix my battering ram issue. The switch registering twice for each hit was a switch adjustment. The travel of the ram itself was fixed by taking it apart, loosening the screws that screwed the axels to the ram mech just a bit, dropped a tiny bit of zoom oil on each axel, and also on the ram feet that go through the playfield and also on the sled that attaches to the bottom of the playfield. Also, when reattaching the sled the underside of the playfield, I didn't screw it in so tight. It was really tight from the factory.
Smooth as butter now.

Thanks, you've inspired me to look at my ram as well. I was hoping it would work itself out over time but, I have missed many awards from it not registering so I am going to look into that tonight. The rest of my game is now working well. Right flipper adjustment was in the switches and the code took care of a couple small bugs. Pretty amazing game.

#1450 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thanks, you've inspired me to look at my ram as well. I was hoping it would work itself out over time but, I have missed many awards from it not registering so I am going to look into that tonight. The rest of my game is now working well. Right flipper adjustment was in the switches and the code took care of a couple small bugs. Pretty amazing game.

Not hard at all to get the ram off the game to inspect. My rams wheels were not spinning freely if I flicked them with my finger. They were binding a bit. I think mostly from over tightening the axels. Once I got them moving freely I was good to go. Now shots from the left flipper, right flipper, shots that graze the ram from richocets, and shots that don't hit the ram dead on are knocking the ram up there to hit the target.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.