Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 127.
#1301 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Do you even notice it when you are playing?

Actually, yes. And it's distracting, too. When the dragon starts flapping it's wings, the spotlight goes on it, so I look up to bask in its coolness...

...and drain my ball.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Somethings a miss, neve heard any issues with the skill shot. It should be the two rollovers at the pops. No other skill shot. Just shoot the ball in the blinking one, just like IM.
I wonder if you have a switch registering on vibration or something?

Now I'm thoroughly confused. Checked my switches and everything checked out perfectly. No switch errors and the upper lane switches work perfectly. Start a game and one of the rollovers is flashing....roll the ball through it and no skill shot awarded....but the lane does go solid lit after rolling through it???

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, yes. And it's distracting, too. When the dragon starts flapping it's wings, the spotlight goes on it, so I look up to bask in its coolness...
...and drain my ball.

Thanks for making my decision easy

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Now I'm thoroughly confused. Checked my switches and everything checked out perfectly. No switch errors and the upper lane switches work perfectly. Start a game and one of the rollovers is flashing....roll the ball through it and no skill shot awarded....but the lane does go solid lit after rolling through it???

That is strange. Have you done glass off testing? I wonder if the switch entering the pops has to be made before it allows the skill shot? If so, have a look at that switch to make sure it's working properly. Do some off glass testing and see if you can find a pattern and/or get it to work.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Try a factory reset. You could also try reloading the code.

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is strange. Have you done glass off testing? I wonder if the switch entering the pops has to be made before it allows the skill shot? If so, have a look at that switch to make sure it's working properly. Do some off glass testing and see if you can find a pattern and/or get it to work.

I did check that switch as well and it tested perfectly. I'll do some glass off in-game testing.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Try a factory reset. You could also try reloading the code.

It was doing this before the latest update so I just went to 1.22 and it's still doing it. Other than the "skill shot" the games appears to be playing perfectly.

Could it possibly be a setting somewhere?

#1307 4 years ago

Gosh I wouldn't think so...that is very strange.

#1308 4 years ago

Mine was fine as well before the 1.20(?) patch as well as the Martell IB cash in. After the patch and had the issues with skill shot and IB I just assumed everybody was having the issue and it was a bug in the code. Does anybody with > 1.2 have fully working skill shots?

#1309 4 years ago

I haven't downloaded 1.22 yet but running 1.21 and skillshots are flawless.

Iron bank doesn't work in house martell as you get an add a ball feature instead.

#1310 4 years ago

Still running 1.21 on my Pro but no skill shots have been missed yet.
That is a strange problem you are having.

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven't downloaded 1.22 yet but running 1.21 and skillshots are flawless.

I'm lost here. My plunger shots go into the elevator. There is an actual skill shot using the plunger? I always just hit the action button because I thought there wasn't a skill shot.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I'm lost here. My plunger shots go into the elevator. There is an actual skill shot using the plunger? I always just hit the action button because I thought there wasn't a skill shot.

We are talking about the Pro. No skill shot on LE or Prem

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We are talking about the Pro. No skill shot on LE or Prem

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up chuckwurt.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up chuckwurt.

Sure thing. Hopefully they add one to the Prem/LE and hopefully a super skill for each. Like a really hard super skill shot.

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure thing. Hopefully they add one to the Prem/LE and hopefully a super skill for each. Like a really hard super skill shot.

I prefer the elevator upper play field shot every time to build on my CMB, but I will sometimes plunge into pops to collect some points then drain before auto saver goes off to auto launch to upper play field

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I prefer the elevator upper play field shot every time to build on my CMB, but I will sometimes plunge into pops to collect some points then drain before auto saver goes off to auto launch to upper play field

But what if there was a super skill shot that was not only lucrative, but really challenging?

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But what if there was a super skill shot that was not only lucrative, but really challenging?

skill shot could be a rotating target shot on upper play field....

#1319 4 years ago

CAP. I was JUST thinking that earlier. All it needs are for the three targets to cycle off and on like T2 etc... But yeah, setting up your first plunge to max out the first phase to CMB is kinda a skill shot of its own. BTW got your package today, thanks for the 1000 bill, pretty awesome cheers man! Now I just gotta work up the motivation to tear this mofo apart and get that orbit fix installed

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

skill shot could be a rotating target shot on upper play field....

That's a good idea. With a really short timer to make it harder.

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Okay I tested the game with the glass off. If I do not trigger the right outer loop switch right before going into the upper lanes it DOES score the skill shot! If I trip that switch then no skill shot is awarded. Obviously the problem is that lunching the ball always trips that switch first. I double checked that switch and it appears to be operating perfectly. ???

#1322 4 years ago

Maybe that switch in the right loop needs to be adjusted? The contacts are too close and the plunge registers a hit on that switch. Move the contacts further apart?

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Maybe that switch in the right loop needs to be adjusted? The contacts are too close and the plunge registers a hit on that switch. Move the contacts further apart?

The plunge will always register a hit on that switch....it's location guarantees it.

#1324 4 years ago

Gotcha, didn't know that. I'd contact Stern and ask.

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay I tested the game with the glass off. If I do not trigger the right outer loop switch right before going into the upper lanes it DOES score the skill shot! If I trip that switch then no skill shot is awarded. Obviously the problem is that lunching the ball always trips that switch first. I double checked that switch and it appears to be operating perfectly. ???

Very curious to hear what Stern has to say about this one.

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Very curious to hear what Stern has to say about this one.

They'll say "Fix your stuck switch"

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

They'll say "Fix your stuck switch"

If only it was that easy.

#1328 4 years ago

Who's doing the code for GOT? Do you guys expect a lot more in the code department or is it pretty complete as is?

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Who's doing the code for GOT? Do you guys expect a lot more in the code department or is it pretty complete as is?

Dwight is doing the code.....he also purchased a GOT for himself. It's pretty complete......and we expect more updates.

#1330 4 years ago

Yea the meats on the bone, just needs to be cooked to perfection. But it's sizzling and looks good!

#1331 4 years ago

Speaking of the GOT PRO; is the right orbit / left orbit return the fastest outter orbit ever created? Holy hell the ball goes screaming! And if you get multiple right orbits, forget about it...

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of the GOT PRO; is the right orbit / left orbit return the fastest outter orbit ever created? Holy hell the ball goes screaming! And if you get multiple right orbits, forget about it...

Best orbit since JM.

#1333 4 years ago

oh yeah, just did midnight madness... crazy fun.

#1334 4 years ago

Okay how many times have people reached under the front right corner to turn it off? Every time I swear to god!

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Okay how many times have people reached under the front right corner to turn it off? Every time I swear to god!

I curse it out every time. lol
One of the worst things Stern has done.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yep, that's gonna be a stretch for my wife with her short arms.

Anyone consider a quick mod to locate a switch to the typical location? Seems like it'd be straightforward, but I'm not crazy about the idea of poking a hole thru the cabinet.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I curse it out every time. lol
One of the worst things Stern has done.

I like the new location but only because I have a 3 year old

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like the new location but only because I have a 3 year old

I have all mine hooked up to a remote that is on the wall. Each game has their own switch.

#1339 4 years ago

Does anyone else have a lot of small dents/dimples on their GoT pro playfield? I know it doesn't look like much in the photo, I couldn't get them all to show, but I only have about 50 plays so I am worried about what will happen when I get to 5000. There are likely around 30 of these small things. I think it's happening when the dragon fire back and it jumps off the flippers but I am not sure.

Anything I should try to resolve this? Will wax help at all?

gotdimples_(resized).jpg

#1340 4 years ago

I've only owned 2 NIB pins and learned that the dimples show up. Do a search on Dimples in the forums and you'll find some good reads. When I first got GOT I looked at it with my son and said this will be the last time we'll see it without the dents. It is funny though when you take the glass off and see some of the weirdest places where they show up.

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Does anyone else have a lot of small dents/dimples on their GoT pro playfield? I know it doesn't look like much in the photo, I couldn't get them all to show, but I only have about 50 plays so I am worried about what will happen when I get to 5000. There are likely around 30 of these small things. I think it's happening when the dragon fire back and it jumps off the flippers but I am not sure.

gotdimples_(resized).jpg

Play field protector wil pretoct against dimples and when you go to resell a decade down the road you will get more money for your pin as opposed to one that does not have one. All in all, it is really not that big a deal as dimples are a part of playing pinball.

#1342 4 years ago

Yeah I don't think I want to go down the road of a playfield protector. I just don't notice any on the MET pro I got as a floor model that has more plays so I wasn't sure. It might just be the LED lighting and colour making it more obvious. Thanks!

#1343 4 years ago

Eventually it will have so many dimples that you won't see any dimples. It's just what happens to brand new playfields. It won't effect the game play and won't hurt the playfield.

#1344 4 years ago

Does anyone else have a lot of small dents/dimples on their GoT pro playfield?

This is normal on all my new games. Don't worry about it.

#1345 4 years ago

gotdimples_(resized).jpg

I played a Pro in location. It was a complete wall-to-wall dimple-fest. I actually thought at first it was just a really bad orange-peal type effect from the CC process. Seems like these dimples, compounded with many more layers of dimples could actually cause the CC to fail over time.

Maybe the CC was not fully cured before this copy was released to the location? My ~20yr old JP has a bazillion plays, but beyond the normal swirls and scratches, not a single dimple.

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I played a Pro in location. It was a complete wall-to-wall dimple-fest. I actually thought at first it was just a really bad orange-peal type effect from the CC process. Seems like these dimples, compounded with many more layers of dimples could actually cause the CC to fail over time.
Maybe the CC was not fully cured before this copy was released to the location? My ~20yr old JP has a bazillion plays, but beyond the normal swirls and scratches, not a single dimple.

Actually your JP has become one giant dimple. That's why you cannot see any. from my research, dimples on new games are unavoidable. Unless you go the playfield protector route like Cap mentioned.

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually your JP has become one giant dimple. That's why you cannot see any. from my research, dimples on new games are unavoidable. Unless you go the playfield protector route like Cap mentioned.

chuck, You're probably right. Upon a closer look at my JP, I do see what could be dimples. Maybe the effect has been minimized/smoothed by years of play and the occasional Novus 2 rubdown. These did not register as dimples to my eyes like the GoT I saw on location. Those dimples, next to virgin CC, were quite prominent.

#1348 4 years ago

So I decided to try the "Modfather" castle walls mod. The Pro seems a little bare and I think this is a nice addition. (As always, click the pic to get a cleaner/sharper view)

WP_20160202_21_43_42_Pro_(resized).jpg

#1349 4 years ago

Wow I can't believe it took this long for this old chestnut to get dusted off

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow I can't believe it took this long for this old chestnut to get dusted off
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

My thinly veneered playfield with a thin layer of fresh clear coat is showing marks from a steel ball dropping on it. I need a new layer of clear to protect my clear.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside