Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 127.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You're just never satisfied are you?

Hahaha never! But there are no sound indicators of any type when you get the SJP for HOTK or WHC.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I would like to see a combo champ in the game if there isn't one already.
Rob

Combo champ would be good. I'd also like to see a bonus champ, HotK champ, WHC champ, and IT champ

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hahaha never! But there are no sound indicators of any type when you get the SJP for HOTK or WHC.

Combo champ would be good. I'd also like to see a bonus champ, HotK champ, WHC champ, and IT champ

I think just combo rules in general would be good. Shooting combos to build up X is great but at certain points there is nothing worth cashing in

#1203 4 years ago

Got my GOT! It's in the back of my vehicle right now. Thanks Steve at Pinball Refinery for a great transaction.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Got my GOT! It's in the back of my vehicle right now. Thanks Steve at Pinball Refinery for a great transaction.

Get it home! Need lots of pics, as usual!

I had hoped to pick-up mine today, but delayed into my distributor.

#1205 4 years ago

Not set up in my house yet but here are some quick pics:

V__6113_(resized).jpgV__A252(1)_(resized).jpgV__EFA7_(resized).jpg

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Not set up in my house yet but here are some quick pics:

Enjoy...mines coing home next Saturday

#1207 4 years ago

Couple pics of some mods I also took a kiss prem apron lighting mod from pinball refinery and tyed it in to the spinner flasher on my got pro looks super rad in game play

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#1208 4 years ago

Do any of the Chicago area barcades have GOT yet? I think headquarters was waiting for their premiums, but haven't heard any updates recently.

#1209 4 years ago

I'm really hoping that somebody smarter than I will make a lighting kit that sync's up to the colour of the action button.

I want a mod that makes the exterior of the game glow the colour of the action button, something that can light up the leg protectors, the shooter rod housing, an under/behind cabinet led strip, speaker grills, ect. I play many 4 player games and it would be so cool to have the machine switch colours depending on who's playing.

I'm sure there must be a simple circuit to repeat the RGB signal going to the action button and amplify it, to control a handful of attachments. The device connections should be after the repeater/amp, so that people could use one power module to light the individual features that they'd like. Not everyone will want everything to glow, some might just want the shooter rod, others might want just the leg protectors.

There's some off the shelf products that might work, but I'm not an electrical engineer. I don't want to damage my game but I'm willing to try stuff out if anyone could point me in the right direction.

#1210 4 years ago

Premium sitting in my garage waiting to be opened. Waiting for some help.

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I'm really hoping that somebody smarter than I will make a lighting kit that sync's up to the colour of the action button.
I want a mod that makes the exterior of the game glow the colour of the action button, something that can light up the leg protectors, the shooter rod housing, an under/behind cabinet led strip, speaker grills, ect. I play many 4 player games and it would be so cool to have the machine switch colours depending on who's playing.
I'm sure there must be a simple circuit to repeat the RGB signal going to the action button and amplify it, to control a handful of attachments. The device connections should be after the repeater/amp, so that people could use one power module to light the individual features that they'd like. Not everyone will want everything to glow, some might just want the shooter rod, others might want just the leg protectors.
There's some off the shelf products that might work, but I'm not an electrical engineer. I don't want to damage my game but I'm willing to try stuff out if anyone could point me in the right direction.

i already did some of those things and more to come.
the new system is completely different, connections, voltage... but with time and parts, nothing is impossible.

#1212 4 years ago

Finally was able to play my buddies GOT pro........Wow! What a great game, this is a winner! Cannot wait to play the premium, but honestly I cannot imagine it will play better as the flow on the pro is incredible. Given I am a big audio guy, I should also mention that the sound package is awesome! Nice job Master Ritchie and Stern team!

#1213 4 years ago

Starting to make a little progress....man this game is fun! Great rules.

WP_20160130_12_31_47_Pro_(resized).jpg

#1214 4 years ago

Just got winter has come for the first time. I feel like I had 6 balls going for like 2 mins and my score for the mode was like 30 mil. Haha. Gonna def pay more attention to the mode next time.

#1215 4 years ago

I have not been keeping up with all the GoT action (barely looked at PF photos) so this is more of a first impression from a pinhead with minimal knowledge of the show.

~ 8 plays, 300,000,000 top score or something in those ranges.

I did not even read the rules card and had many of the basics down after several games (here is where lock is lit, shoot there to lock, you seem to light modes by shooting shots repeatedly, then basically shoot up the middle to either start it or not.

I liked the mystery "RPG" like feature where you could choose what you want to buy. Might be imbalanced or something if you know what you are doing, but neat on my first several plays.

If I was unaware of the premium/LE, I would not look at this game and think it was obviously cost reduced. But comparing it to say LOTR (and many earlier Modern Sterns) there is clearly a lot less going on on the PF. Just comparing the "sword locks" for example between the earlier release and this one.

But they seemed to do a lot right. Audio was good (possibly too repetitive for the audio on the modes?), and it seemed like there was a lot to explore. Color changing LED's seemed to be well used. Bottome line is I would have been happy to play for much longer and look forward to my next trip to Pub 340 in Vancouver.

The negatives?

The art package was still "meh" at best. Licensed game, no artistry that I could see. Does not offend me on a location game, but not something that screams "put me in your house". That and the amount of violence on the DMD would be off putting for me with young kids in terms of home use.

#1216 4 years ago

Still pretty unclear on rules! Coach me up!

If I start a house battle then Blackwater multiball, do the house shots still count?

Also why would I ever decline a house battle? Seems like that's where the points are.

If I have all the houses blinking but not all lit, what should I be trying for next? Challenge houses til they're done?

What is Swords about? I'm guessing that's the real reason to advance the mini-pf, but I don't get it.

How does the Wall multiball get advanced? I was using this guide http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936 and it said completing the lanes, but I see the wall/gears animation when hitting the sword ramp.

What's the deal with wildfire? It gives you end of ball bonus at the expense of jackpot value?

#1217 4 years ago

***Answered What I could***

Still pretty unclear on rules! Coach me up!

If I start a house battle then Blackwater multiball, do the house shots still count? Yes, but the timer is still counting down as well.

Also why would I ever decline a house battle? If per say you know your next locked ball is ball three you can decline the battle so you can pull the mode into multiball.

If I have all the houses blinking but not all lit, what should I be trying for next? Challenge houses til they're done? Yes completing 4 houses will start Hand of the King mode. Very lucrative.

What is Swords about? according to Stern, Swords are needed to unlock higher levels of playfield and combo multipliers.

How does the Wall multiball get advanced? It is only advanced by completing the two top rollovers or a pop or dragon mystery award. When you see the animation after shooting the ramp it is just a delayed graphic.

What's the deal with wildfire? It gives you end of ball bonus at the expense of jackpot value? Wildfire increases the Jackpot value and does not decrease. You can build up more wildfire by hitting the two green standups and then hitting the battering ram instead of locking a ball.

#1218 4 years ago

Up and running.

IMG_5078_(resized).JPG

#1219 4 years ago

Just got a chance to play an LE in a barcade. Very impressed! Unfortunately the environment was so loud that I couldn't enjoy the audio, but gameplay was fantastic. I also played a TWD pro... I was hoping to like it more, but found it kind of boring. I might change my mind after a few more plays, but GoT hooked me right away.

#1220 4 years ago

I don't think this is just the honeymoon talking but, I think game of thrones is the most fun I've had with a pin. I'm far from a pro player, but I know what to shoot for. Game of thrones is truly one of the best pins out there. I haven't played every pin and some like WoZ I could use more time with to judge better, but this game is awesome. There are several pins that I've gotten quite deep into and enjoy a lot like AFM, LOTR and TSPP, but game of thrones just seems to be a tier above the rest. TWD and MET are lots of fun, but they haven't sucked me in like this one. My premium has over 350 plays and it continually gives me that one more game feel.

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

It is only advanced by completing the two top rollovers or a pop or dragon mystery award. When you see the animation after shooting the ramp it is just a delayed graphic.

On the Prem/LE the top rollovers do not advance to wall, only on the pro.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

On the Prem/LE the top rollovers do not advance to wall, only on the pro.

Correct. The white walker kickback advances wall on prem LE I believe.

#1223 4 years ago

White walker kickback = Targaryan kickback?

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

White walker kickback = Targaryan kickback?

I believe so. I'd like to see something a little more creative to advance wall on the pro. Maybe use the inlanes; light both inlanes solid then hit dragon kickback to advance wall or something. It's a little too easy to advance the wall (first time thru) which makes house Baratheon a fairly useless house power.

#1225 4 years ago

My premium has over 350 plays...

Dude, step away from the machine

Happy to hear you are enjoying your machine. Can't wait to get my Premium, and will likely rack a similar number of plays the first weekend,

#1226 4 years ago

Any ideas on a weaker or laggy right flipper. Almost like it has some play in it. I have checked underneath and it seems tight and fine as the left. They don't feel very strong compared to the TWD or my GOT Pro I had. Anyone else? Thanks.

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Any ideas on a weaker or laggy right flipper. Almost like it has some play in it. I have checked underneath and it seems tight and fine as the left. They don't feel very strong compared to the TWD or my GOT Pro I had. Anyone else? Thanks.

Since I have updated it feels as though my bottom flippers are week, maybe I need to cycle power 250 times for spike to recognize code

#1228 4 years ago

In the menu I changed the coils to hard and that seems to of helped a tiny bit.... IF my flippers were a tad stronger I would feel like my game was perfect out of the box today. IT's playable but, noticeable especially after the pro I sold last week was super strong. Go figure.

#1229 4 years ago

Just the opposite here. I changed the coils to the softest setting after smashing a plastic. Not sure that it made a difference in gameplay but all shots can still be made so I figure it didn't hurt.

I'd like to be able to significantly lower the strength of the upper pf flippers, as those don't need to be very strong at all.

#1230 4 years ago

If your screws are protruding into lane, you will need four or five washers per screw so that it does not smack against screws and create additional left orbit issues. Two other members have also reported this issue, so it is not just my LE.

#1231 4 years ago

The new spike system runs different normaly you can hook up undercab lighting and speaker lighting rgb 12 volt to interact with game play know you have to find 5volt rgb wich i have i got real lucky and found some in china I will be hooking up soon

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i already did some of those things and more to come.
the new system is completely different, connections, voltage... but with time and parts, nothing is impossible.

What things have you done ? Beatmaster

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

If your screws are protruding into lane, you will need four or five washers per screw so that it does not smack against screws and create additional left orbit issues. Two other members have also reported this issue, so it is not just my LE.
ยป YouTube video

Bro you kick ass all the le owners should be very gratefull for all your hard work and stern needs to hire you

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Bro you kick ass all the le owners should be very gratefull for all your hard work and stern needs to hire you

They would just fire me because I wouldn't let FUBAR games leave the factory. I think there should be a new GOT pinball version: Pro, Premium, Limited Edition and Half Edition. My HE only works half way.

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

What things have you done ? Beatmaster

shooter housing, speaker grills (working on a prototype to fit between the speaker panel and the speaker), under cabinet (might go static)

if you only chose static colour, 12 volts is fine. but true 5 volts is not easy to fine.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

In the menu I changed the coils to hard and that seems to of helped a tiny bit.... IF my flippers were a tad stronger I would feel like my game was perfect out of the box today. IT's playable but, noticeable especially after the pro I sold last week was super strong. Go figure.

Do all the standard stuff. Regap the flippers. Stern doesn't seem to use the white gap tool and I constantly regap nib flippers. Make sure the eos switch is properly adjusted and doesn't fire too soon. You should be able to backhand right ramp from cradled ball in right flipper. If not, you got a problem still. If so, you're good.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I've had this problem and have contacted Stern. I have tried every readjustment of my right flipper and to no avail. It is definitely very weak while the left flipper remains strong as can be. Not sure if one of these node boards plays into that or something or how it works exactly but I do know my right flipper has lost all power. No chance of backhanding the right ramp which I used to do once I first got the game.

#1238 4 years ago

No back handing here.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

No back handing here.

I'm really beginning to question the playability of my machine. Backhands are few and far between. The ramps need perfect shots to complete them. I'm going to try increasing the coil power to see how that plays.

I reduced the angle from 7deg to 6.8deg. It plays better now.

In other news. I have had ONE left orbit shot work in over 300 games.

#1240 4 years ago

Check the other threads about the orbit. One guy was showing screws that were too long on the top plastics were being hit by the ball.

#1241 4 years ago

Guys, before you go tweaking flipper shafts and coils; I've heard there's a glitch in the current software that can cause the flippers to go weak for approx 1 sec and I believe this is going to get fixed in the next update.

#1242 4 years ago

This is a serious question not being a smart ass but does anybody's GOTLE flippers work as intended with the latest code instaled?

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

This is a serious question not being a smart ass but does anybody's GOTLE flippers work as intended with the latest code instaled?

nope, they do not

#1244 4 years ago

I am Afraid to update to new code,I am fine for now and will hold off to see what happens

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Mine work fine. The only issue I have is that a hard shot back to the flippers will cause them to retract. Haven't looked at any of the assemblies yet to look for issues. My game is at 6.5 degrees.

#1246 4 years ago

I'm really beginning to question the playability of my machine. Backhands are few and far between. The ramps need perfect shots to complete them. I'm going to try increasing the coil power to see how that plays.
I reduced the angle from 7deg to 6.8deg. It plays better now.
In other news. I have had ONE left orbit shot work in over 300 games.

I am glad others have better suggestions in this thread.

It sounds like your game needs some fix(es), OR you are truly the worst pinball player ever and need some expert pinball lessons, FAST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

I have heard the secret of making an orbit in GoT is in having the right breathing technique and enough Shasta in your system .

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

the latest code instaled?

We're on 1.21 right? That's what mine shipped with

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

you are truly the worst pinball player

There's a high probability of that.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have heard the secret of making an orbit in GoT is in having the right breathing technique and enough Shasta in your system .

I've been huffing and puffing outta frustration. Is that right? Also I don't think we can get Shasta in Canada.

#1249 4 years ago

I've been huffing and puffing outta frustration. Is that right? Also I don't think we can get Shasta in Canada.

I am not sure we can afford Shasta in Canada right now

And apparently, just lay off the huffs and focus on the puff's. You'll be awesome in no time!

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am glad others have better suggestions in this thread.
It sounds like your game needs some fix(es), OR you are truly the worst pinball player ever and need some expert pinball lessons, FAST:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-lessons-hurry-slots-are-filling-up-fast

Would this be enough Shasta?

image_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Antonio, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside