Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 127.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One other thing that hasn't gotten much mention and I've been really loving a lot lately is Rory McCann (The Hound) call outs! They are amazing and fits so well for this game and pinball in general. He nailed it!
The girl (forgot her name sorry), did a really good job too! Although she does have one call out that sort of bugs me, her call outs compliment the hound very well. but holy helol the hound is top notch fun and exciting!

Do you think the game needs another layer of call outs?

I've watched a fair amount of footage and its seems like there are periods when not much is said and no direction is given on what to shoot for?

Other than that, can't wait to get mine soon

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I've watched a fair amount of footage and its seems like there are periods when not much is said and no direction is given on what to shoot for?

I think it's a fair assessment to say it could use another layer and the game could use some more overall choreography; example - start of WHC mb and Transitions during WHC needs more.

I'm also not a big fan of some of the animation and show call outs used for modes; they seem a little empty at times. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what's needed to make it better. So the game does need some beef around the edges to bring it all together.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One other thing that hasn't gotten much mention and I've been really loving a lot lately is Rory McCann (The Hound) call outs! They are amazing and fits so well for this game and pinball in general. He nailed it!
The girl (forgot her name sorry), did a really good job too! Although she does have one call out that sort of bugs me, her call outs compliment the hound very well. but holy helol the hound is top notch fun and exciting!

Her "Get the super jackpot" is definitely cringe-worthy! Everything else is ok. A lot of the time the voice actors record several variations of the same quote so the programmers can use the best one. Maybe they only recorded one instance of this quote from her?

Rob

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

For sure. I think later updates will have mroe of everything. I thought i noticed some real downtime with nothing happening last time I played.

The hound is good, much better than Bones; but I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to The frikkin Hound tell me I'm being too rough with....well anything.

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure. I think later updates will have mroe of everything. I thought i noticed some real downtime with nothing happening last time I played.
The hound is good, much better than Bones; but I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to The frikkin Hound tell me I'm being too rough with....well anything.

Well, quit tilting/sliding the game into different area codes! Lmao

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Well, quit tilting/sliding the game into different area codes! Lmao

If it stopped deserving it I WOULD!!

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I got the HOTK super jackpot and it didn't have a call out, so I'm sure it and others will be added at some point. I wouldn't have even know I got it if I didn't look at the screen.

Love this game by the way.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I got the HOTK super jackpot and it didn't have a call out, so I'm sure it and others will be added at some point. I wouldn't have even know I got it if I didn't look at the screen.
Love this game by the way.

Yea. That's a good point. A call out and/or cool sound effects are needed for that HOTK sjp.

On a side note, completing house stark can be quite beneficial during HOTK. After the SJP, there's a 20 second bonus round frenzy and just the other night I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch

EDIT: but holy hell, is it me or is GOT pro a tough game to keep a multiball alive? Fast and fun!

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch

Man I suck at pinball. It's fun as hell, but I'm such a crappy player still. I'm having a difficult time hitting the ramps consistently. I bricked so many shots on the gold targets yesterday that I started playing Lannister.

I put the game up to 7deg last night and it's to ruthless for me at this point. I think I'm going to drop it back to 6.5deg

#1160 4 years ago

I'm right around 6.8 deg. I need to recheck it this weekend but that seems to be my happy spot with all my pins.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. That's a good point. A call out and/or cool sound effects are needed for that HOTK sjp.

#1162 4 years ago

I think they need callouts for all the houses/modes and shots to progress them, there are a few for Martell and right loop shots but most of the others have nothing

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

On a side note, completing house stark can be quite beneficial during HOTK. After the SJP, there's a 20 second bonus round frenzy and just the other night I got the bonus round going and cradled a ball on the left flipper and was shooting center shots with the right. After a few shots, each shot was awarding 120 mil! It was fun fun stuff. Ended with a 1.7 bil HOTK. Hope to see HOTK and WHC champion table in a future patch
EDIT: but holy hell, is it me or is GOT pro a tough game to keep a multiball alive? Fast and fun!

Now if only the battering ram would register with any consistency, so we don't get screwed out of our HOTK Super Jackpots, frenzy modes (PFx, Blackwater SJP, etc)

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Now if only the battering ram would register with any consistency, so we don't get screwed out of our HOTK Super Jackpots, frenzy modes (PFx, Blackwater SJP, etc)

I clean the battering ram track and apply white lithium grease inside and on the bottom of the tracks when it starts to fail/register hits. I've done this 3 or 4 times in 2 months I've owned it.

anyone else HATE the added crow sounds in the new code? holy hell, talk about annoying, and I can't get ride of them (tried to adjust game volume).

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

So I did two things to help with this:
1. Used a leaf adjusting tool to make the switch contact slightly more sensitive. You have to give it a very small adjustment, too much and you'll get double ram hits.

2. Inside the goodie bag I found a stern sticker. So I put a piece of drop dead ball foam on the ram target which brings the target a few millimeters closer to the ram, then put the stern sticker on so I can literally bash stern hahaha

This pic isn't the greatest, I had to brighten it up so you can see it better but you get the point. I now get 99% hits with right flipper and 90-95% success with left flipper shots.

got_ram_(resized).jpg

got_ram_(resized).jpg

#1166 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

anyone else HATE the added crow sounds in the new code? holy hell, talk about annoying, and I can't get ride of them (tried to adjust game volume).

I can't stand the crows either. Bleh

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow! That's one helluva HOTK score. I crushed the game in league again last night with 2.6B. I had my best ever HOTK round at a little over 900M.

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Huh, I thought the crow sounds were a nice touch. Maybe wears thin after a while?

Hoping to pick up my Premier this week or next.

#1169 4 years ago

Have not noticed the crow sounds.
But I guess I will the next time I play because I will be listening for them now.
The end game match sequence reminds me of the opening of the old Scooby Doo cartoon.

#1170 4 years ago

is there a cliffy kit available for GOT yet?

sorry if it's already outhere, i've been busy.

#1171 4 years ago

I got to see a LE finally, but sadly it was out of service. I did switch it on though and noticed the nice smooth wing flap on the dragon as opposed to the pro version. Is there any way to swap out the drive/motor on the pro to have the dragon move like the LE?

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Actually 1.22 code fixes some of that - I was wondering if it was a battering ram issue on the one I play most on location but it's a bug that's squashed in 1.21 and 1.22 of course has other fixes coming soon....

#1173 4 years ago

Picking up my GOT Pro on Friday!

Which shaker motor should I go with? Already have a sub....any other "must have" mods?

Edit.....we should probably just turn this thread into the official GOT club thread.

#1174 4 years ago

I bought PL shaker. Need a sub still. I those are the must haves. I won't think about upgrading the sound until I can hear the stock speaker with a sub.

This def needs to be the official club thread.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Which shaker motor should I go with? Already have a sub....any other "must have" mods?

No, just play the thing instead of gluing shit to it.

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Picking up my GOT Pro on Friday!
Edit.....we should probably just turn this thread into the official GOT club thread.

I was blown away by the FF speaker kit with 10" woofer on this pin. Great match for the Spike stereo sound system.

The Stern side armor for $250 looks pretty bad ass. Their inner side art looks cool, too. Haven't seen either in person yet.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

is there a cliffy kit available for GOT yet?
sorry if it's already outhere, i've been busy.

I see nowhere and no need for Cliffys on this pin except the shooter lane eject area. There are no scoops or saucers. The ramps don't drop on the inlanes and the ramps already have protectors at the entrances on both sides of both ramps. This is based on my LE. Probably same goes for the Pro.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

If you are hearing too many crows then maybe your 10 point leaf switch just above the right outlane needs adjustment. That is the switch that makes that crow sound.

There are no new crow sounds in the last few code releases.

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I see nowhere and no need for Cliffys on this pin except the shooter lane eject area. There are no scoops or saucers. The ramps don't drop on the inlanes and the ramps already have protectors at the entrances on both sides of both ramps. This is based on my LE. Probably same goes for the Pro.

You will need one for the elevator shaft entrance, that is bare wood

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, just play the thing instead of gluing shit to it.

I don't normally mod the crap out of my games.....I'll do little "enhancements" if I think they're cool.

Does it need Cliffy's?

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Does it need Cliffy's?

Not that's I'm aware...unless you want them on the flipper inlanes.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

If you are hearing too many crows then maybe your 10 point leaf switch just above the right outlane needs adjustment. That is the switch that makes that crow sound.

There are no new crow sounds in the last few code releases.

Its me hitting the switch too much.

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

what i'd like is protection for the shooter lane. i can already see it's going to have a lot of wear.

#1184 4 years ago

Add Iron throne to the list of modes that needs call outs and attention too. It was hard to watch the dmd and play iron throne but the animations looked awesome and so did the rules. But sound effects and call outs were lacking hard.

Oh, and WHC is missing a SJP sound/call out too.

So the game overall definitely needs some beefing up and hopefully it's coming. But the rules to all the modes, especially multiballs are awesome and well written!

#1185 4 years ago

Bottom line:

WHC
HOTK
IRON THRONE

All need a lot of attention to sound effects and call outs. But the rules to these 3 modes are great and much different than what we've seen in past sterns. It's refreshing to see. Just hope we get some beef to them soon

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what i'd like is protection for the shooter lane. i can already see it's going to have a lot of wear.

what i meant was for the shooter eject area. like all the other stern, ac/dc etc... the one from ac/dc doesn't fit, hope cliffy's gonna make one. that area is going to get beat up.

#1187 4 years ago

V1.21 Iron Throne (Played as Stark house).
***SPOILER***
-don't watch if you don't wanna know what happens in this mode.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what i meant was for the shooter eject area. like all the other stern, ac/dc etc... the one from ac/dc doesn't fit, hope cliffy's gonna make one. that area is going to get beat up.

You mean like this one?

IMG_3079_(resized).JPG

IMG_3080_(resized).JPG

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

» YouTube video
***SPOILER***

Impressive! Wizard mode looks cool!

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

» YouTube video
***SPOILER***

Very Nicely done!! I just played iron throne tonight too. You did much better than I lol
Seems like a really sweet mode.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Very Nicely done!! I just played iron throne tonight too. You did much better than I lol
Seems like a really sweet mode.

It looked like I was one house away from completing Iron Throne mode. I can only imagine how many points THAT would have been. I'm sure one of us will do it.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

You mean like this one?

IMG_3079_(resized).JPGIMG_3080_(resized).JPG

yes something similar to this. what piece is this? i wouldn't mind getting one of those if that's all there is right now.

normally they look like this. yours seems very close.

TronEject_(resized).jpg

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

It looked like I was one house away from completing Iron Throne mode. I can only imagine how many points THAT would have been. I'm sure one of us will do it.

You were making some really sweet shots! I only completed 3 houses; and like you, I Got 2 (or 3?) tilt warnings and made a very weak ass effort to try and save my last ball knowing I had a tilt coming. I got a 200 mil bonus but probably would have been worth the nudge and possible tilt to keep the wizard mode alive.

What is your pitch at?

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

» YouTube video
***SPOILER***

I just watched it again. There was a time when you were in the zone keeping 4 or 5 balls alive hitting shot after shot. Good stuff!

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

» YouTube video
***SPOILER***

Holy shit!

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

» YouTube video
***SPOILER***

You have the exact same initials as my son, AJG. Nice game BTW.

#1197 4 years ago

Who's doing the code on this game?

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Who's doing the code on this game?

Dwight Sullivan.

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bottom line:
WHC
HOTK
IRON THRONE
All need a lot of attention to sound effects and call outs. But the rules to these 3 modes are great and much different than what we've seen in past sterns. It's refreshing to see. Just hope we get some beef to them soon

You're just never satisfied are you? I hardly ever make it to HOTK because I'm always trying different stuff as opposed to trying to complete houses. I'm sure I've had 3+ billion points without even making it to HOTK...

I would like to see a combo champ in the game if there isn't one already. I haven't played my games in a bit, just took a break from them. I was playing Bloodborne on PS4 instead.

Rob

#1200 4 years ago

Does beating Targaryean with greyjoy as your house give you anything? IMO, it should give you Unlimited ZJs for the rest of the game it's so hard.

I got to HOTK using greyjoy last night on location. I was pretty proud of that. Although I think even with the add a ball, I drained out wicked fast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside