Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 127.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Is it normal to hear that backbox fan? Seems pretty loud. Maybe should have selected a larger fan with a lower rpm

I developed a back box fan mod kit that keeps the temp down and that fan barely runs on my two spike machines. Details are on my KISS threads for a simple DIY

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I developed a back box fan mod kit that keeps the temp down and that fan barely runs on my two spike machines. Details are on my KISS threads for a simple DIY

There are actually better fans the same size that have virtually no sound that can be used, but changing it out most definitely voids the warranty..........sorry, had to put that in there as I have been told Stern reads my posts.

#1103 4 years ago

Awesome I'll look for it!

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I'm understanding the rules right, the max you can get the combo multiplier to is 5x and the max the pf multiplier can get to is 5x. But my original assessment of house Tyrell was wrong and that the HOTK inlane can bump the combo multiplier by 1x if available from collecting the swords. Additionally, HOTK mb gives the inlane boost to all houses so during that mode, you can build it to 6x with any house. Then add the pf multiplier and you can get shots as high as 30x!! That sound about right?

My head hurts trying to understand this game. It's clearly made for chess players and mathematicians. I just can't follow it at all. Then again, the show confuses me too and I need my girlfriend to explain who's who and what's what half the time.

#1105 4 years ago

What kind of fans are in front of the speakers?

#1106 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I'm understanding the rules right, the max you can get the combo multiplier to is 5x and the max the pf multiplier can get to is 5x. But my original assessment of house Tyrell was wrong and that the HOTK inlane can bump the combo multiplier by 1x if available from collecting the swords. Additionally, HOTK mb gives the inlane boost to all houses so during that mode, you can build it to 6x with any house. Then add the pf multiplier and you can get shots as high as 30x!! That sound about right?

Swords will up your combo multiplier

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My head hurts trying to understand this game. It's clearly made for chess players and mathematicians. I just can't follow it at all. Then again, the show confuses me too and I need my girlfriend to explain who's who and what's what half the time.

Haha. I love chess and used to love math.... before I did drugs
But the rules are easier than it sounds. Sort of. I mean the basic construct is there and is easy to follow. I've had the game a little over 2 weeks, and just starting to wrap my head around the combo/mixed multipliers as well as HOTK bonuses. Not to mention learning the multiballs. But that's what brings games to the next level, just look at Lyman's rules for metallicas multiballs and CIU modes. Confusing as hell but the basic construct is easy to follow.

Edit: but in all honesty, it really is an easy to follow ruleset. I was confused as hell at first too for the first dozen or so games, but once you wrap your head around it, it's pretty straight forward and a fun ruleset to understand.

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Swords will up your combo multiplier

Pf multiplier too I believe? Think the max pf multiplier you can get without collecting one sword is 3x

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What kind of fans are in front of the speakers?

92 MM led fans. I use those as intake and the top back box fans are exhaust. Power supply fan will still come on, but not as much.

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and really, when it comes right down to it, not enough farting jokes. Am I right?

#1111 4 years ago

92 MM led fans. I use those as intake and the top back box fans are exhaust. Power supply fan will still come on, but not as much.

How does the air flow with speakers behind? Are there spacers or something?

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

How does the air flow with speakers behind? Are there spacers or something?

yup spacers are on it.

#1113 4 years ago

Ok thanks again for your help. I'll take a look at it tomorrow

#1114 4 years ago

Just got our Game of Thrones Pro in today.
Plays great.
It came with 1.17 code and since we did not have time to update we played a few games.
What is with all the sound stutter?
Is this a known problem and does 1.21 fix it?
On our first game the sound cut in and out so bad you could not understand most of the longer call outs.
It got better the longer we left the game running but never got 100% stutter free.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Update the code and find out. Much better than asking in a forum while running old code.

#1116 4 years ago

There are actually better fans the same size that have virtually no sound that can be used, but changing it out most definitely voids the warranty..........sorry, had to put that in there as I have been told Stern reads my posts.

What size fans are these? The fan noise drives me nuts when not in play.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Update the code and find out. Much better than asking in a forum while running old code.

Of course that would have been nice.
But like I stated we did not have time to update the code.
But now that I am home and reading through the 1.21 code update I see that it indeed does.
So all you really had to say is "Yes".

- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Of course that would have been nice.
But like I stated we did not have time to update the code.
But now that I am home and reading through the 1.21 code update I see that it indeed does.
So all you really had to say is "Yes".
- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.

Mark doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers. Maybe that will get fixed in a future version

Yes, on my game the sound stuttering went away completely with the updates.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Mark doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers. Maybe that will get fixed in a future version

It's also possible that I don't memorize code update versions and change logs and have no idea what version number we are on or if 1.17 is new or old or if it will solve his problem so pointing out that updating the code is easier than asking in a forum and waiting actually *is* an answer.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

90 or 92 MM I believe. But I had to drill the mounting holes to make them a bit larger

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's also possible that I don't memorize code update versions and change logs and have no idea what version number we are on or if 1.17 is new or old or if it will solve his problem so pointing out that updating the code is easier than asking in a forum and waiting actually *is* an answer.

The fact is I just opened a brand new game.
The sound was horrible.
It was so late at night we had no time to try the update even though I had downloaded it last week.
So instead of worrying all night and most of today if my game was broken, I thought I would ask some of the nice people on a pinball forum.
Sure seemed reasonable at the time.

Oh, and Game of Thrones Kicks Ass.

#1122 4 years ago

And here is the new game all set up.
Can't wait to play some more after work.

image_(resized).jpg

#1123 4 years ago

Are you playing the game with no sound ? I cant hear my fans at all with the volume at 45 with a polk sub

#1124 4 years ago

Don't get a Xbox then. Haha

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Are you playing the game with no sound ? I cant hear my fans at all with the volume at 45 with a polk sub

The fan cycles on and off during attract mode. It's also really noticeable just after a game ends.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The fan cycles on and off during attract mode. It's also really noticeable just after a game ends.

Unfortunately, this is common with the new spike power supplies moving forward.

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Go read his post history and you'll realize he answers some of the most tech questions here...but you know...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/37#post-2921477 - Look, here is Mark asking a question he should've searched the forum for, and was told to search for it without a direct answer after. No thumbs down or anger ensued. PNW chill

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got our Game of Thrones Pro in today.
Plays great.
It came with 1.17 code and since we did not have time to update we played a few games.
On our first game the sound cut in and out so bad you could not understand most of the longer call outs.
It got better the longer we left the game running but never got 100% stutter free.

For the record, my Pro never had any sound stutter issue until one of the later code releases. It was only minor then, happening once during the first ball of the first game after being turned on. Since 1.21 the stutter is gone again. Sometimes the volume greatly increases for 1 or 2 seconds, but that does not happen often.

Rob

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

For the record, my Pro never had any sound stutter issue until one of the later code releases. It was only minor then, happening once during the first ball of the first game after being turned on. Since 1.21 the stutter is gone again. Sometimes the volume greatly increases for 1 or 2 seconds, but that does not happen often.
Rob

Thanks Rob.

#1130 4 years ago

My next mod adding some black to his nose and blue or red to his eyes ?

image_(resized).png

#1131 4 years ago

What i don't like is loosing kickback when i loose the ball for the next.

#1132 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern is able to use dialogue audio from the show's various characters? For example during the Battle of Blackwater episode there's a ton of dialogue going on yet in the games mode we hear none of it which currently makes it feel a bit empty in the audio department in my opinion.

#1133 4 years ago

Really enjoying my GOTLE. Couple comments perhaps not discussed previously: despite the tv show not being appropriate for kids, this pin is fantastic for the family. My daughters (9,7, and 6) absolutely love it, while mom and can enjoy the challenge of the incredible fast game play and phenomenal deep code. The real kicker though is our own house rules. My kids love pinball, but they never get to put their names on the board. In our family, we each only play one of the houses (of coarse I get martell and greyjoy, my wife gets stark, and my daughters each get barratheon, tyrell, and lannister). They love that they can have their names on the board as house champion, and that they can reach to improve their own scores. Kind of a small thing, but really resonates with them and brings a new level of enthusiasm for pinball as a family activity.

20160101_123451_(resized).jpg

20151230_194148_(resized).jpg

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

They love that they can have their names on the board as house champion, and that they can reach to improve their own scores.

That is awesome!

#1135 4 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty cool. True geek sense of pride when I saw my 9 year old tackle post passing yesterday to get through martell.

#1136 4 years ago

Fantastic idea. My nine year old would be all over that. I wonder which house she is going to pick?

#1137 4 years ago

I've owned GOT pro for about 2 weeks (thanks to Gio at Pinball Refinery, what great service, I love dealing with him!)

Fell in love with this at the convention in Chicago and decided then to pick one up. To me GOT was the hit of the show. I have about 200 plays and am really loving this pin! It's hard to walk away from. I know it's the honeymoon, but I love the code and speed of the game.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1138 4 years ago

Got kicks ass. End of story

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I've owned GOT pro for about 2 weeks (thanks to Gio at Pinball Refinery, what great service, I love dealing with him!)
Fell in love with this at the convention in Chicago and decided then to pick one up. To me GOT was the hit of the show. I have about 200 plays and am really loving this pin! It's hard to walk away from. I know it's the honeymoon, but I love the code and speed of the game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Congrats! Yes, Gio is very good to work with and so responsive. Top notch guy.

#1140 4 years ago

Played GoT (Pro) for the first time today on location near Boston. I only got about 10-12 games in. I realize that is nowhere near enough to appreciate the games, rules and strategy, but the game felt a bit thin. I did get Blackwater multiball a few times, which was a treat. I hit a few nice orbits and loops in a row, which was fun. The dragon kickback was fast, but not too nasty.

Are there any good user-made rule sheets or strategy guides? Which houses to start, and why? Then, which houses to battle against or with? This was a complete random mystery for me today.

I am planning to pick up a Premium next week. I am thinking now I may want to get more games under my belt before I lay out my cash. The Star Trek and Spidey machines today were much more familiar to me.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! Yes, Gio is very good to work with and so responsive. Top notch guy.

Gio is one of the Best!!!
Buy with Confidence....

Congrats on the game...

I love my GotLE from Gio lol

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Played GoT (Pro) for the first time today on location near Boston. I only got about 10-12 games in. I realize that is nowhere near enough to appreciate the games, rules and strategy, but the game felt a bit thin. I did get Blackwater multiball a few times, which was a treat. I hit a few nice orbits and loops in a row, which was fun. The dragon kickback was fast, but not too nasty.
Are there any good user-made rule sheets or strategy guides? Which houses to start, and why? Then, which houses to battle against or with? This was a complete random mystery for me today.
I am planning to pick up a Premium next week. I am thinking now I may want to get more games under my belt before I lay out my cash. The Star Trek and Spidey machines today were much more familiar to me.

Dude I totally felt this way my first dozen games. It felt very thin as you said and I was shellshocked on what to think about the game. Then, the rules became more apparent and the design coupled with the rules all started clicking. Loving ever since.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Yep, Gio is great, GoT is the third game I've purchased from him. He does super great work.

#1144 4 years ago

After playing some games "on the fly" I was a bit dissapointed, but reading the rulesheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936) and playing a bit more controlled, helped a lot to then finally enjoy this game.

LEDs are greatly integrated, giving sometimes a hard time to find the shots

Here we go with a first video... in terms of points a bit dissapointing, but still there is something to see. I didn't focus much on playing the mini playfield for progression to castle multiball... maybe next time.

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

After playing some games "on the fly" I was a bit dissapointed, but reading the rulesheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936) and playing a bit more controlled, helped a lot to then finally enjoy this game.
Here we go with a first video... in terms of points a bit dissapointing, but still there is something to see. I didn't focus much on playing the mini playfield for progression to castle multiball... maybe next time.
» YouTube video

Nice to see a gameplay video from a player with skills. Nice work! So close to defeating Drogon which would've gotten you to Iron Throne. Even a death save in there. Congrats!

#1146 4 years ago

Finally had a chance to play GoTLE yesterday at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor, but only had enough time for about a half dozen games.

Overall, LE is a lot of fun, like the Pro, and the mini-PF plays pretty well. Adds a whole new mini-game that is actually fast and challenging. An awesome package.

I've played the Pro quite a bit and love the flow of the game. The LE does feel different in terms of visibility. Not being able to clearly see the top roll-over lanes kinda stinks, but compromises were obviously necessary. The Battle for the Wall MB is quite a bit tougher to get to on this version too. Probably because it adds the MB mode on the mini-PF?

For the price, I'd stick with the Pro. If you have the extra dough, then the LE might be worth it to you.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Finally had a chance to play GoTLE yesterday at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor, but only had enough time for about a half dozen games.
Overall, LE is a lot of fun, like the Pro, and the mini-PF plays pretty well. Adds a whole new mini-game that is actually fast and challenging. An awesome package.
I've played the Pro quite a bit and love the flow of the game. The LE does feel different in terms of visibility. Not being able to clearly see the top roll-over lanes kinda stinks, but compromises were obviously necessary. The Battle for the Wall MB is quite a bit tougher to get to on this version too. Probably because it adds the MB mode on the mini-PF?
For the price, I'd stick with the Pro. If you have the extra dough, then the LE might be worth it to you.

were you able to get left orbits on that LE or did it always drop in pops?

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

» YouTube video

Thanks for making this awesome video! Nice to see the different modes.

#1149 4 years ago

were you able to get left orbits on that LE or did it always drop in pops?

Quoted from dfsays:

The Battle for the Wall MB is quite a bit tougher to get to on this version too. Probably because it adds the MB mode on the mini-PF?

Was it harder to get to Wall MB because you were trying to light it via the top roll overs? Because in the Prem/LE it's advanced by dragon/whitewalker kick back. That fooled me for awhile myself.

I felt like that game did what it should with the left orbit...some times it went around, sometimes it went to the pops.
EDIT: Like for martell with orbits lit they would go around, nothing lit they would go into pops.

#1150 4 years ago

One other thing that hasn't gotten much mention and I've been really loving a lot lately is Rory McCann (The Hound) call outs! They are amazing and fits so well for this game and pinball in general. He nailed it!

The girl (forgot her name sorry), did a really good job too! Although she does have one call out that sort of bugs me, her call outs compliment the hound very well. but holy helol the hound is top notch fun and exciting!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
$ 25.00
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside