Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 127.
#1051 4 years ago

They are both fun to play. I would love to have the machines in my collection that is for sure. Both of them!!

#1052 4 years ago

I can't.....stop.....playing....game of thrones!!!

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can't.....stop.....playing....game of thrones!!!

Well you better stop because apparently now GoT and KISS suck since the hype train for GB has hit full force.

image_(resized).jpeg

#1054 4 years ago

I was really eyeballing TWD, but GOT has really caught my eye. I'll get to play one in about a month and will be able to decide then.

#1055 4 years ago

One of the things that's bumping me on GOT - the rules don't seem intuitive. I'm pretty good at picking up rules and nuance...but when the game asks me if I want to battle one house, two houses, or pass...how am I supposed to know what the point of those choices are? I'm just like "whatever" and slap the button.

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One of the things that's bumping me on GOT - the rules don't seem intuitive. I'm pretty good at picking up rules and nuance...but when the game asks me if I want to battle one house, two houses, or pass...how am I supposed to know what the point of those choices are? I'm just like "whatever" and slap the button.

I think you first need to learn what each house mode requires to beat it. Selecting two houses to play at once do not change the shots to complete either house. They just run simultaneously. So if I stack two houses I try to do two houses that require similar shots to complete. Martell and Baratheon, stark and Tyrell, Lannister and greyjoy. I rarely pass because even if you play one mode at a time, you can get big points from the mode of you're making calculated shots.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I felt the same way at first. It took about a dozen solid back to back plays in a home use environment before it started clicking.

There are times when you want to select only one, or 2, or even none. Perfect examples of passing is that you may be only one WIC hurry up away from starting winter has come. Or you have multipliers going and would rather use them on your WIC Hurryups as they affect your winter has come super jp.

Many reasons to only choose one house. Typically for me, it's when I know im only or 2 shots away from completing (targaryan or Greyjoy ). I usually always do Targaryan 1 by itself cause its 3 shots and you're finished. Another example may be that you have 3 houses complete, so with only 1 house to go to light hand of the king, you may just play one house in hopes to complete it fast and move on to the HOTK.

Another variable to factor in is where you're at on balls locked or wall mb. So if you're at 2 balls locked, you may want to do 2 houses that have longer timers then start a mb.

Another reason to pass is if you want to get more houses lit first so you can get better house stacks with multipliers. For example, Baratheon stacked with Martell is good. Or Lannister with Greyjoy.

The last variable to factor in is what houses do you want complete for HOTK. Each house gives you different bonuses. I'm just starting to just dig into and understand the perks of each. But if you light a house that you don't want it's HOTK bonus, then you'll typically pass on it.

So bottom line is balancing your wizard modes. Do you want to progress towards HOTK with specific houses? Or do you want to advance to winter has come quicker? Lastly, get a right combination of houses stacked with a multiball.

#1058 4 years ago

One other thing. The rules aren't really that difficult to understand. And while The rules may seem to lack depth (but they really dont for the quick pace nature of the game ); but they do have a ton of breadth. If that makes sense.

#1059 4 years ago

I always pass on the Lanister mode until the start of Blackwater multiball. Hitting the small stand-up targets to light the shots mean quick drain for me.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I rarely pass because even if you play one mode at a time, you can get big points from the mode of you're making calculated shots.

I actually try to light all the houses first and get BFTW multiball lined up. Sometimes I'll battle Stark just to get it out of the way. But it's annoying, because when I do that, I invariably hit the Castle Black shot over and over (which you don't need for that battle), but can't do it at all when I'm trying to light Targaryen. That's the most frustrating part of this game. I simply can't hit the shots when the pressure's on...but when I don't need it, I can do it all day.

BTW...do you have to actually battle the house you chose? And how much sense does THAT make? Shouldn't you have to defeat 6 houses, and not your own?

#1061 4 years ago

I spent a long time deciding between TWD and GOT. I really enjoy playing both games but before I had put a decent amount of time playing GOT, I was leaning towards TWD. The thing that tipped the scale was when my GF and I were playing TWD on location. She was totally disgusted by the walkers noises. She said, 'Can you imagine hearing that constantly in your house?" Then the match sequence came up where the number is revealed by sorting through intestines. So that kind of sealed the deal for me. Even without the girlfriend factor, I probably would have ended up getting a GOT.

By the way, I received an email today from Stern that they have new accessories. Not really sure how new they are. Here's the link in case anyone is interested. http://www.costore.com/sternpinball/prccategories.asp?CategoryIdLevel1=3723329

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually try to light all the houses first and get BFTW multiball lined up.

See this is why I love his game. What you said here and what SKB mentioned in his response above. I hadn't even considered do those strategies. Pretty badass how many different ways you can attack this game.

#1063 4 years ago

I like combining Martell and Bartheon shoot orbits

Lannister and greyjoy into a multiball

#1064 4 years ago

I had one of my better games last night as I was trying a different strategy by unlocking all of the houses first. Bad thing is almost all shots become WIC and I had the strobe light effect way too often. It's funny when me and the kids chant Winter is Coming in our best Ned Stark voice as somebody's trying to hit the shot.

#1065 4 years ago

When you get to hand of the king the house bonuses you have completed come up too fast. Is there also penalties? Last night I thought it said all shots need to be completed twice, I was on Martel I think

#1066 4 years ago

Way back in v.1.03

- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

See this is why I love his game. What you said here and what SKB mentioned in his response above. I hadn't even considered do those strategies. Pretty badass how many different ways you can attack this game.

Did you get your game yet????

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Did you get your game yet????

Distro said end of this month.

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bummer. Hopefully it comes sooner.

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Bummer. Hopefully it comes sooner.

My premium should be any day now. It won't be long till your playing yours

#1071 4 years ago

i had lit all houses without making any battle, just to see. would love to get a whole fight with all houses.

have you get some houses alliances with you to choose battle? i had twice but i don't know how. maybe i get this when i choose greyjoy before starting?

and how to complete targaryen?

#1072 4 years ago

My biggest scores are from Tyrell. Has to be the inlane x. Greyjoy second. Have started with Lannister lately just to see what happens. Hard for this game to get boring as you can approach it so many different ways

#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

how to complete targaryen?

It has three different stages. One for each dragon. The first stage you have to hit three shots and then the dragon shot to complete. To start the second stage you have to hit the center ramp again. Rinse and repeat for the next two stages but it just takes a lot more shots to complete stage 2, and even more for stage three. Stage three takes around 20 shots to complete.

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Uff, I haven't even checked in since weeks ago when it was "probably mid Jan."

#1075 4 years ago

Possibly dumb question that may have been addressed - my apologies if so.

Is there any indicator on the playfield (or DMD) that shows how many balls are locked at a given time? I prefer to start a mode going into blackwater multiball, but have occasionally selected 'skip mode' not realizing that I was locking the third ball when doing so. My fault entirely, but really annoying. (For that matter, is there a way to make the table smack you in the head when you forget that you've completed Martell and don't use the add a ball at the end of a multiball?)

Side note - put up a 3.1B last night at my usual location. Not even good enough for Grand Champ on the machine (High Score #1 however temporary.), and less than half of what I've seen someone else put up at the location in question, but damn if it didn't feel good to me.

#1076 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Is there any indicator on the playfield (or DMD) that shows how many balls are locked at a given time?

It's in instant info, but another way of knowing if it's BW MB, you will NOT see a lock animation before you have the option of picking a house. If it's ball 1 or 2 lock it will tell you.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's in instant info, but another way of knowing if it's BW MB, you will NOT see a lock animation before you have the option of picking a house. If it's ball 1 or 2 lock it will tell you.

Cool. Thanks. Will try to pay more attention to the animation. Of course I wouldn't have the question if I was able to pay more attention in the first place, but thanks again. Straight to select house = MB starting.

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Possibly dumb question that may have been addressed - my apologies if so.
Is there any indicator on the playfield (or DMD) that shows how many balls are locked at a given time? I prefer to start a mode going into blackwater multiball, but have occasionally selected 'skip mode' not realizing that I was locking the third ball when doing so. My fault entirely, but really annoying. (For that matter, is there a way to make the table smack you in the head when you forget that you've completed Martell and don't use the add a ball at the end of a multiball?)
Side note - put up a 3.1B last night at my usual location. Not even good enough for Grand Champ on the machine (High Score #1 however temporary.), and less than half of what I've seen someone else put up at the location in question, but damn if it didn't feel good to me.

I'm usually playing it alone at home, so I just look at the balls behind the sword to get my count.

There should be a "smack in the head" lever when you don't use the power of adding a ball, but sometimes depending on my counts for Wall Multiball I save it for that and let Blackwater end if I'm close. I'm trying to use it as strategically as I can.

#1079 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You're telling me buddy. Haha. My first NIB too. It's safe to say I was ready to pick this up the day after I paid for it! Haha. Oh well.

go to melissa at cointaker. way better customer service, more professional type layout

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

go to melissa at cointaker. way better customer service, more professional type layout

I am sure cointaker is a great distro, but I am perfectly happy with the service I am getting. Stern encountered delays, nothing my distro can do about it. Plus I like to help support businesses as local to me as possible if I can.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

way better customer service, more professional type layout

We get to buy out machines out of a barn....that's pretty kick ass actually.
Not to mention like 6 hours closer.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has three different stages. One for each dragon. The first stage you have to hit three shots and then the dragon shot to complete. To start the second stage you have to hit the center ramp again. Rinse and repeat for the next two stages but it just takes a lot more shots to complete stage 2, and even more for stage three. Stage three takes around 20 shots to complete.

Thanks. What is The best way to succeed? Alone? With battle? With blackwater multiball? I think it re-starts where you have lost The ball, correct?

Another question, i still don't understand How works The 5 multipliers on the display, what those are they?

Thanks

#1083 4 years ago

Thanks. What is The best way to succeed? Alone? With battle? With blackwater multiball? I think it re-starts where you have lost The ball, correct?

I really have only tried to complete the mode during one sesh. That day I was playing it alone so I would know exactly what I was shooting for. The third stage is so long that I would recommend getting to the third mode and completing at least the first wave of shots. then once the dragon shot is lit, start MB. then during MB you will naturally pick off a lot more of the shots. I can see a long enough BW MB getting you through the last level of the house.

The multipliers on the display correspond to each major shot in the game (left loop, kickback, center ramp, right ramp, right loop). each time you make a shot, all other shots should be lit for 2x as long as the red arrows on the playfield are flashing (these are called combo multipliers). for each shot you hit with a flashing red arrow, the remaining shots' multipliers should increase by one. if at any point the red arrows go out without you hitting one, your multipliers go back to 1x.

Now, if you have any playfield multipliers running as well, all you shot multipliers on the DMD will be multiplied by that amount as well. So lets say you have 2x playfield multiplier running, and you have 2x from your combo multipliers going too. those DMD multipliers will all say 4x so if you hit any of the main shots, whatever that shot awards you, it will be multiplied by 4.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I really have only tried to complete the mode during one sesh. That day I was playing it alone so I would know exactly what I was shooting for. The third stage is so long that I would recommend getting to the third mode and completing at least the first wave of shots. then once the dragon shot is lit, start MB. then during MB you will naturally pick off a lot more of the shots. I can see a long enough BW MB getting you through the last level of the house.
The multipliers on the display correspond to each major shot in the game (left loop, kickback, center ramp, right ramp, right loop). each time you make a shot, all other shots should be lit for 2x as long as the red arrows on the playfield are flashing (these are called combo multipliers). for each shot you hit with a flashing red arrow, the remaining shots' multipliers should increase by one. if at any point the red arrows go out without you hitting one, your multipliers go back to 1x.
Now, if you have any playfield multipliers running as well, all you shot multipliers on the DMD will be multiplied by that amount as well. So lets say you have 2x playfield multiplier running, and you have 2x from your combo multipliers going too. those DMD multipliers will all say 4x so if you hit any of the main shots, whatever that shot awards you, it will be multiplied by 4.

The other day I was playing and had a final targaryan shot with the pf 4X running. This was just after a multiball if I remember correctly, and when I looked up at the DMD with a cradled right flipper, it showed the dragon shot combo multiplier at 20X! So excited and pumped to think 20x combo + 4x pf multiplier on a final targaryan shot (think it was targaryan 2), and I choked the shot to the dragon!

But does this mean if I made the shot in would have gotten an 80x mixed to my final shot? That would have been insane!!!!! Why did I miss that shot!! Hahahaha.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

it showed the dragon shot combo multiplier at 20X!

Here is where I get confused. Is there a limit to the combo multipliers? I thought I read that 5x combo multipliers is it, and 5x playfield is it, for a maximum multiplied shot of 25x. Could totally be wrong. These are the mysteries I plan to unfold when I get it home, haha.

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Why did I miss that shot!!

Shouldn't have looked up, haha. Should've just nailed it and have no idea why your score jump an insane amount. haha.

#1087 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here is where I get confused. Is there a limit to the combo multipliers? I thought I read that 5x combo multipliers is it, and 5x playfield is it, for a maximum multiplied shot of 25x. Could totally be wrong. These are the mysteries I plan to unfold when I get it home, haha.

Based on my understanding, chuckwurt is right. 5X for shot multipliers. 5x for PF multipliers. Total max is 25x. Hence for you EKB, you likely had 4x PF with 5x dragon shot for 20x total. The multipliers on the DMD for each shot will show combined totals (PF x shot).

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I already saw 6x on The dmd.
So theses multipliers are time limited, as long as you succeed to keep red arrows lit.

I need to pratice to see your explanations.
Thanks

#1089 4 years ago

I already saw 6x on The dmd.
So theses multipliers are time limited, as long as you succeed to keep red arrows lit.
I need to pratice to see your explanations.
Thanks

All multipliers are timed. If you keep hitting red arrows and never let those flashing red arrows go out, you will essentially keep most if not all the main shots multiplied by 5. Now to keep the playfield multipliers going you have to keep hitting the ram shot like the bell in ACDC. So I would be really hard to keep a 25x shot available for very long.

#1090 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All multipliers are timed. If you keep hitting red arrows and never let those flashing red arrows go out, you will essentially keep most if not all the main shots multiplied by 5. Now to keep the playfield multipliers going you have to keep hitting the ram shot like the bell in ACDC. So I would be really hard to keep a 25x shot available for very long.

I suppose it's show Time during MB.

So i have dreamed my 6x?

#1091 4 years ago

So i have dreamed my 6x?

Nope. You probably had 2x playfield and 3x combo multipliers for a combined 6x.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Based on my understanding, chuckwurt is right. 5X for shot multipliers. 5x for PF multipliers. Total max is 25x. Hence for you EKB, you likely had 4x PF with 5x dragon shot for 20x total. The multipliers on the DMD for each shot will show combined totals (PF x shot).

That would explain a lot to me. I never thought the X that showed on the DMD factored the playfield in already. I was planning to do some "glass off" testing tonight anyway, so I'll add that one too.

#1093 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Ah that makes total sense. So The DMD doesn't just show the combo multiplier, but rather the entire shots' multiplier worth based on combos and pf. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm looking at the DMD multipliers. Learn something new everyday!

I guess I don't feel so bad for missing an 80x shot! Haha. But a 20x targaryan shot would have been nice!

#1094 4 years ago

Thanks for all the strategy talk, it's interesting to see all the different ways to approach this game. Does anyone know how to keep the game from clearing the play field lights after the game ends? Mine goes straight to attract mode not giving me much time to see what was accomplished.

#1095 4 years ago

Is it normal to hear that backbox fan? Seems pretty loud. Maybe should have selected a larger fan with a lower rpm

#1096 4 years ago

So i have dreamed my 6x?

No... 6X combo multiplier is available if you know how...

#1097 4 years ago

I am so jealous of you guys/girls that have GOT pins! I have had to wind down my 19 pin collection to 4-5 since I became disabled 2 years ago. Needed the cash. If I can, in the future, figure out a way to grab a GOT you bet I will! My wife and I played DOAC for 9 years so by saying that, some here will know how likely it is for us to want this pin! Be happy, you guys/girls have a winner for sure!

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I am so jealous of you guys/girls that have GOT pins!

Me too.

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

No... 6X combo multiplier is available if you know how...

If I'm understanding the rules right, the max you can get the combo multiplier to is 5x and the max the pf multiplier can get to is 5x. But my original assessment of house Tyrell was wrong and that the HOTK inlane can bump the combo multiplier by 1x if available from collecting the swords. Additionally, HOTK mb gives the inlane boost to all houses so during that mode, you can build it to 6x with any house. Then add the pf multiplier and you can get shots as high as 30x!! That sound about right?

#1100 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I'm understanding the rules right, the max you can get the combo multiplier to is 5x and the max the pf multiplier can get to is 5x. But my original assessment of house Tyrell was wrong and that the HOTK inlane can bump the combo multiplier by 1x if available from collecting the swords. Additionally, HOTK mb gives the inlane boost to all houses so during that mode, you can build it to 6x with any house. Then add the pf multiplier and you can get shots as high as 30x!! That sound about right?

Oh cool. I was wondering if the HOTK could push it to 6x. Nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 11.95
$ 25.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside