371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 144.
#1001 8 years ago

I've only back handed the dragon kicker a handful of times and I can't say any time was intentional. Too easy to go left flipper to center ramp to setup a dragon shot rather than try to backhand that.

Beauty about this game is I have never had the desire to post past from flipper to flipper. And not only is the right ramp a good setup shot for the left flipper, but that right ramp is hell of fun when gameplay is moving lightning fast. I couldn't imagine not having that shot on the LE. Definitely one of the first things I'll he dissecting when I play a premium.

And yes rare hero, the premium I plan on playing is from the ghost formerly known as RobT

#1002 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And yes rare hero, the premium I plan on playing is from the ghost formerly known as RobT

Are you and ghostman coming to Arcade Expo?

#1003 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Biggest con is viewing the top inlanes is blocked by the throne.

I didn't even notice there were lights back there for the lanes until quite a few games in and I thought it was ridiculous once I saw them. Not a big deal, but could've been handled like WOZ with more visible lights.

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you and ghostman coming to Arcade Expo?

I got the flu so not looking very promising

#1005 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I didn't even notice there were lights back there for the lanes until quite a few games in and I thought it was ridiculous once I saw them. Not a big deal, but could've been handled like WOZ with more visible lights.

I have never played a LE, but those lanes are very important for getting to one of the main Multiballs. Hopefully a mod gets made to see those easier.

#1006 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have never played a LE, but those lanes are very important for getting to one of the main Multiballs. Hopefully a mod gets made to see those easier.

It's pretty hard to even see the ball back there actually. We need a Theater of Magic mirror back there somehow.

#1007 8 years ago

I noticed that when the ball goes down the first top lane, it lights up white. When you change lanes, and the ball goes down another lane, it'll light blue to let you know you've lit both lanes. That's really the only way to know you've lit both. But you have to get a feel for hitting the flipper buttons to see what's lit back there. It's as frustrating as the AC/DC cannon blocking the right inlane/outlane, but you can work your way around it using the light colors.

#1008 8 years ago

NEW CODE NEW CODE .. I am Updating Now.. Both LE and pro codes ... They are doing good with this title HEeeeeee Haaaaawwwww

#1009 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You hit the nail on the head. Pitch the game a little higher move I lanes to wide open and you shouldn't have too many problems. Still not a short ball time pin but pitched high those targets will drain missed shots very fast.

problem is then you have super hard time Hitting super Jackpot even with a head on shot to the battering ram . I am having probs with it set on a 6 to 7 degree pitch

#1010 8 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

problem is then you have super hard time Hitting super Jackpot even with a head on shot to the battering ram . I am having probs with it set on a 6 to 7 degree pitch

Nah I was playing it at around 6.8 hitting it just fine. Perhaps the switch needed adjustment.

#1011 8 years ago

Holy moly. Believe it or not I just beat Targaryean house on a location Pro for the first time. That last level of the mode is ridiculous. You seriously have to hit like 15-20 shots to complete that last level. I was like, "fuck you khaleesi, die already!"

Haha

#1012 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You seriously have to hit like 15-20 shots to complete that last level.

No shit...damn that's a chunk alright.

#1013 8 years ago

Whos ordering the topper ? I knows its expensive but i bit the bullet and orderd

#1014 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Whos ordering the topper ? I knows its expensive but i bit the bullet and orderd

It's extremely cool...saw it at Chicago Expo in October...the dragon's animation is really well done.

#1015 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I'm not too much of a topper guy, but this being interactive is tempting. I will wait a while to get some more opinions.

#1016 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Moi. Because I'm an idiot.

#1017 8 years ago

I'm gonna wait it out a bit. Gotta survive tax season first then see lol.

#1018 8 years ago

Yuck, no topper for me.

#1019 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's extremely cool...saw it at Chicago Expo in October...the dragon's animation is really well done.

Great to hear i can hear the wings flapping know

#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So question I've been meaning to ask. Battering Ram: do you guys have issues gettingit to register with the left flipper? Seems my right flipper works fine for the most part on it, but left flipper shots hardly register. Wonder if this is by design or not but doesn't seem so. Would be nice to get consistent hits on both flippers. I may have to dig into the mech and see what can be done, but kinda waiting on mezels ram mod before doing so.

Check top left side of ram and see if it is scraping, see pic for detail

IMG_2931_(resized).JPGIMG_2931_(resized).JPG

#1021 8 years ago

Hey, I just ordered both a MET and GOT Pro NIB and am wondering, what are the must have items I will need for protection? Can someone give me some advice on what wax, mylar, etc I should get to make sure I keep these machines mint?

Also, other accessories I should get. i.e speaker set and shaker motor, maybe the new topper? I'm in Canada so bear in mind everything is going to cost about double with the current conversion and duty. We hit $1.45 for $1 USD yesterday. Thanks oil.

Also, feel free to only answer about the GOT pro, not trying to be off topic just want to be prepared when the boxes land.

#1022 8 years ago

Get a shaker and external sub for both. protectors are fairly over rated for home use. But there is a sparky plastic protector someone makes that covers above the sparky magnet to prevent air balls. I highly recommend it. You may want to ask in the Metallica thread, I forgot who made em.

#1023 8 years ago

I had to order the topper! Not only am I sucker, but my 5 year old saw a pic online and has been asking me where our dragon is since we got the LE delivered.

#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Hey, I just ordered both a MET and GOT Pro NIB and am wondering, what are the must have items I will need for protection? Can someone give me some advice on what wax, mylar, etc I should get to make sure I keep these machines mint?
Also, other accessories I should get. i.e speaker set and shaker motor, maybe the new topper? I'm in Canada so bear in mind everything is going to cost about double with the current conversion and duty. We hit $1.45 for $1 USD yesterday. Thanks oil.
Also, feel free to only answer about the GOT pro, not trying to be off topic just want to be prepared when the boxes land.

I recommend the Flipper Fidelity speakers with 10" woofer and shaker motor for both. Color DMD for Metallica is pricey, but awesome.

If your aim is to keep them mint, go to passionforpinball.com and buy all the Metallica protectors available, including the shooter lane protectors and the switch slot protectors. Then go to pinbits.com and buy the plastic protector set, which includes the anti-air ball plastic the other guy mentioned. If you want to be extra safe you can buy the mylar flipper button protectors from Pinballlife.com to prevent any decal wear in that area.

For wax, I like blitz wax. For cleaner/polish, I like novus 2. Every once in a while I hit my playfields with a little Novus 2 and then finish with a little blitz wax. Lastly, it's good practice to eventually replace the pinballs.

Do all that stuff and your new pins will stay pretty damn mint.

#1025 8 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Hey, I just ordered both a MET and GOT Pro NIB
I'm in Canada so bear in mind everything is going to cost about double with the current conversion and duty. We hit $1.45 for $1 USD yesterday.

Congrats....at least one of us doesnt give a shit about the currency exchange hahahaha

2 great pins, have fun man

#1026 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Check top left side of ram and see if it is scraping, see pic for detail

IMG_2931_(resized).JPG

So regarding ram registering hits. The pro appears to be different than the LE as it has spacers, so up and down movement isn't an issue.

That said, here's what I did to help with hits.

1. I adjusted the switch to make it a bit more sensitive. This helped a lot and step 2 is only optional if you want that extra little bit of consistency.

2. Under the playfield where the ram sits is a plastic piece for the Rams travel. I cut a piece of drop dead ball foam and stuck it inside where the ram is at the resting position. This positions the ram only a fraction of a butthair closer to the target. See pics

Pic 1: original resting position of ram.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Pic 2: new resting position of ram. You can see it's barely even changed. But seems just enough to give it enough 'umph' from left flipper hits.

Pic 3: under playfield with playfield in upright position resting on backboard. This is the ram up/down plastic piece. The little black foam in the pic is Drop dead ball foam that I cut to fit the space.

I'm not saying this the end all be fix. But it's improved hits by 90%! It's night and day now that I can actually incororate pf multipliers into gameplay. Definitely a risk/reward hit whereas it's easy to lose a ball from it but got a 4X going during HOTK that ended in a 1.7 bil HOTK multiball.

#1027 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So regarding ram registering hits. The pro appears to be different than the LE as it has spacers, so up and down movement isn't an issue.
That said, here's what I did to help with hits.
1. I adjusted the switch to make it a bit more sensitive. This helped a lot and step 2 is only optional if you want that extra little bit of consistency.
2. Under the playfield where the ram sits is a plastic piece for the Rams travel. I cut a piece of drop dead ball foam and stuck it inside where the ram is at the resting position. This positions the ram only a fraction of a butthair closer to the target. See pics
Pic 1: original resting position of ram.
image_(resized).jpeg
Pic 2: new resting position of ram. You can see it's barely even changed. But seems just enough to give it enough 'umph' from left flipper hits.
image_(resized).jpeg
Pic 3: under playfield with playfield in upright position resting on backboard. This is the ram up/down plastic piece. The little black foam in the pic is Drop dead ball foam that I cut to fit the space.
image_(resized).jpeg
I'm not saying this the end all be fix. But it's improved hits by 90%! It's night and day now that I can actually incororate pf multipliers into gameplay. Definitely a risk/reward hit whereas it's easy to lose a ball from it but got a 4X going during HOTK that ended in a 1.7 bil HOTK multiball.

So I got some more games in on this. And another adjustment will be needed may try to make the switch even more sensitive but bottom line that I notice is the black rubber piece in front of the ram doesn't always allow the ball to hit the ram into the target depending on the angle at which its hit from the flipper. Not sure if this is by design or not. But I'm happier I'm at least getting more successfully ram hits, even if it isn't 100%.

#1028 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I got some more games in on this. And another adjustment will be needed may try to make the switch even more sensitive but bottom line that I notice is the black rubber piece in front of the ram doesn't always allow the ball to hit the ram into the target depending on the angle at which its hit from the flipper. Not sure if this is by design or not. But I'm happier I'm at least getting more successfully ram hits, even if it isn't 100%.

Nicely done! and a change that can be done for LE/PREM owners as well

#1029 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

For wax, I like blitz wax. For cleaner/polish, I like novus 2. Every once in a while I hit my playfields with a little Novus 2 and then finish with a little blitz wax.

Keep the Novus away from the game. It's a rubbing compound. Every time you use it, a tiny bit of your clear coat is rubbed away. It's only useful on the most dirty routed games just coming into the shop with dirt embedded hard. For regular maintenance you can substitute the Novus step with simple green.

#1030 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy moly. Believe it or not I just beat Targaryean house on a location Pro for the first time. That last level of the mode is ridiculous. You seriously have to hit like 15-20 shots to complete that last level. I was like, "fuck you khaleesi, die already!"
Haha

You better stop kicking that games ass - you will be bored with yours before you even open it!

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

You better stop kicking that games ass - you will be bored with yours before you even open it!

Haha I can't help it dude. Believe me, it takes me forever to get bored of a game. I still play Fire! Every day and that game is questionable at best.

#1032 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha I can't help it dude. Believe me, it takes me forever to get bored of a game. I still play Fire! Every day and that game is questionable at best.

I LOVE FIRE, one of my favs actually. those two long ass ramp target hits were just so much fun to me.

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I LOVE FIRE, one of my favs actually. those two long ass ramp target hits were just so much fun to me.

Agreed. They are so tough but satisfying. Just sucks they have no purpose except for extra balls.

#1034 8 years ago

I really do think GOT is gonna stand the test of time even with the uber elite players. Ive played it a lot already and I am still seeing new possible scoring strategies. Very fun to analyze each house and what they bring to the table. Once I get mine, I'm really going dive into each house. Also, if I ever get iron throne I'll be surprised just from the shear difficulty of completing Targaryean house.

#1035 8 years ago

played the LE today and jesus man, that puppy is bright. For those complaining aboot winter is coming be hard on the eyes, stay away from from the prem/LE which is brighter, and a lot more often.

Anyway, upper PF was decent but not super for me, and I don't quite like how you lose visibility, but I got used to it after a couple games. The entire thing looks better for sure not being so barren, but the brightness is annoying to me. But for sure I was having trouble hitting the ram with left flipper, didn't really bother me though.

#1036 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But for sure I was having trouble hitting the ram with left flipper, didn't really bother me though.

I do think it's frustrating that the ram doesn't always register when you hit it, but I think it's just a different type of bash toy. I don't think it should register every time. Should have to nail that sucker.

#1037 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

played the LE today and jesus man, that puppy is bright. For those complaining aboot winter is coming be hard on the eyes, stay away from from the prem/LE which is brighter, and a lot more often.

There's an adjustment to leave the GI on and not blind you. I think that should be the default.

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I recommend the Flipper Fidelity speakers with 10" woofer and shaker motor for both. Color DMD for Metallica is pricey, but awesome.
If your aim is to keep them mint, go to passionforpinball.com and buy all the Metallica protectors available, including the shooter lane protectors and the switch slot protectors. Then go to pinbits.com and buy the plastic protector set, which includes the anti-air ball plastic the other guy mentioned. If you want to be extra safe you can buy the mylar flipper button protectors from Pinballlife.com to prevent any decal wear in that area.
For wax, I like blitz wax. For cleaner/polish, I like novus 2. Every once in a while I hit my playfields with a little Novus 2 and then finish with a little blitz wax. Lastly, it's good practice to eventually replace the pinballs.
Do all that stuff and your new pins will stay pretty damn mint.

Thanks for the great feedback. With such a big expense it's pretty overwhelming trying to figure out what's necessary and what's overkill. Does anyone know if there is a Canadian supplier of Flipper Fidelity? Are they exclusively direct? I know I can grab a couple of shakers easily through my supplier.

Thanks again.

#1039 8 years ago

Have been playing a pro on location and have grown to really enjoy the game. Actually started watching the show because of the pin and have binged the first two seasons this past week.

#1040 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Have been playing a pro on location and have grown to really enjoy the game. Actually started watching the show because of the pin and have binged the first two seasons this past week.

Hell yeah dude!! The stark mode in the pin is super badass once you've seen all the shows.

#1041 8 years ago

Played both versions at the Banning show. AMAZING GAME!!! One of my favorites at the show. Good flow and satisfying shots. Looks like I may need to get this one!

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Played both versions at the Banning show. AMAZING GAME!!! One of my favorites at the show. Good flow and satisfying shots. Looks like I may need to get this one!

Me too. This was my first game ever on GOTle.

#1043 8 years ago

For those who have played the pro and the LE, is the LE worth the extra money. The upper playfield looks like it occupies allot of space that the ball would usually be whipping around in. Also, it is sort of distracting that the flippers on the upper playfield are always flipping as opposed to being "activated" when the ball enters that area. I only played the pro and though it was great.

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

is the LE worth the extra money.

Not only is there an upper Playfield, but there is also the full Playfield colour changing lights, the new shot to the VUK / throne and an added drop target in front of the right ramp. I'm betting it's worth every penny extra. I've only played the pro and it was a blast, but I'm a sucker for extra flippers and upper Playfields. I'll let you know next week.

If all goes well, I'll will start and unboxing thread on Tuesday or Wednesday for my premium game. I've been told by my distributer that it should be ready for Monday or Tuesday.

#1045 8 years ago

Pure awesomeness! Thanks!

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Not only is there an upper Playfield, but there is also the full Playfield colour changing lights, the new shot to the VUK / throne and an added drop target in front of the right ramp. I'm betting it's worth every penny extra. I've only played the pro and it was a blast, but I'm a sucker for extra flippers and upper Playfields. I'll let you know next week.
If all goes well, I'll will start and unboxing thread on Tuesday or Wednesday for my premium game. I've been told by my distributer that it should be ready for Monday or Tuesday.

#1046 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

For those who have played the pro and the LE, is the LE worth the extra money. The upper playfield looks like it occupies allot of space that the ball would usually be whipping around in. Also, it is sort of distracting that the flippers on the upper playfield are always flipping as opposed to being "activated" when the ball enters that area. I only played the pro and though it was great.

Not only is there an upper Playfield, but there is also the full Playfield colour changing lights,

Depends what you're into. The "added light show" is worth less to me than the normal lighting, it's beyond abnoxious to me; but lots of people love the bright look.

I just played the LE yesterday for a long time and coming from only playing the pro, I got used to the UPF "blocking" my view pretty quick. And to be honest I never even noticed the upper flippers. I mean, do your BK flippers bother you?

#1047 8 years ago

Got ya, thanks. No the BK flippers do not bother me. I guess it different when your playing and when your watching. Would you go pro or LE since you have time on both?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Depends what you're into. The "added light show" is worth less to me than the normal lighting, it's beyond abnoxious to me; but lots of people love the bright look.
I just played the LE yesterday for a long time and coming from only playing the pro, I got used to the UPF "blocking" my view pretty quick. And to be honest I never even noticed the upper flippers. I mean, do your BK flippers bother you?

#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Got ya, thanks. No the BK flippers do not bother me. I guess it different when your playing and when your watching. Would you go pro or LE since you have time on both?

Believe me I made a point of judging if the flippers bothered me; and they didn't at all.

I'm already ordering a pro; but I guess if monies were no object I would probably usually get an LE. I don't have the funds to buy LEs, so probably not the best person to ask. The upper PF adds a new deminsion to the game for sure, and elongates it quite a bit. I feel like it's a little less balanced, but you could also see it as more depth & more to do. If you have the monies you get an UPF and it looks way better, other than the backglass. Again...the lights are super annoying to me.

#1049 8 years ago

Premium

#1050 8 years ago

I played a lot of the LE this weekend.

First day I didn't like it but by day three it really grew on me.

1.) the LE is more difficult to make shots and see the ball.

2.) light show is more intense than the pro

3.) upper PF is neat though I avoid going there

Between the two I'd go pro but I also like Twd pro so...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.