371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 144.
#851 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

This might be one reason it kicks me around so much. 7.9 degrees of pitch. Zoom!

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice Dave! Yea getting to hand the first time is intense. I been there a few times now and have no idea what to do, but thanks to LOTR_breath posting this from the bugs thread, it'll be a little more helpful
You guys need to read the code read me files if you have not. There's some great info in there...
Back in v1.03
- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice
v.1.16 added this
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE
- Changed the number of Winter is coming needed from 7 to 4.
And in v.1.18
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.

Am I missing something here? Latest code on Stern's site is 1.02.

#853 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Should be 1.18 for he pro. Those are pro read me files but should be the same as far as rules are concerned.

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

LE code is 1.02. 1.18 is Pro.

#855 8 years ago

I was just 2 shots away from iron throne! One to finish the the final dragon shot, then one to the iron throne. Doh!

Got to play WHC though, what a cool mode. Trying to follow what I was doing in correlation to the rules above and even had 5 balls going, 3 trapped with left flipper and playing with 2 and totally whiffed hardcore lol.

There's a lot of good shit going on in this pin. Just afraid how I'll feel when the honeymoon phase is over; maybe buy a PREM/LE?

#856 8 years ago

Is it just me, or does anyone feel like when the horn blows at the beginning of BFTW it reminds you of the beginning of Two Towers MB on LOTR? "To War!"

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Is it just me, or does anyone feel like when the horn blows at the beginning of BFTW it reminds you of the beginning of Two Towers MB on LOTR? "To War!"

I don't know about that, but the music is just way too subdued, like half volume.

Rob

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

image_(resized).jpg
This might be one reason it kicks me around so much. 7.9 degrees of pitch. Zoom!

I have mine set at 7. Any less and it just doesn't 'feel right'. The flippers are strong and can easily handle the higher pitch levels.

Rob

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know about that, but the music is just way too subdued, like half volume.
Rob

One of my biggest up front complaints on this pin is how loud the speech call outs were. I set speech attenuation to +18, music to -4, and added a sub. HUGE difference! Night and day.

Also, I noticed spike system has bass and treble settings in the utilities menu! That's pretty bad ass. I raised bass up to 100, and treble down to 75. Crank it up and shaken the house.

#860 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

One of my biggest up front complaints on this pin is how loud the speech call outs were. I set speech attenuation to +18, music to -4, and added a sub. HUGE difference! Night and day.
Also, I noticed spike system has bass and treble settings in the utilities menu! That's pretty bad ass. I raised bass up to 100, and treble down to 75. Crank it up and shaken the house.

So I've been playing with my sound settings. Right now I'm at...
Music attwnuation: +3
Speech attenuation: +21
Bass: 100
Treble: 75

What this does is level out the loud call outs but also raises the overall sound effects a few notches like the battering ram hits, jackpots, etc... Intensifying the overall feel of shots and progression.

Would like to hear other thoughts and sound levels. Mine is stock speakers with external sub.

#861 8 years ago

Updated to 1.18 today and played one game:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Stock settings and outlanes in widest position.

#862 8 years ago

Just beat the iron throne.
Played Martell house

My score wasn't that's high 4B
Iron throne score was 2B

This time I paid more attention on what to do

Last time I made it to the Iron Throne. I battled Lannister first. But this time it started with Baratheon. There will be a combination of shots to shoot. Then the next house lane will light up. Once u shoot all the lit lanes. U have to hit the battering ram.
then U have to hit the lit lanes again. Once u do that. U have to hit the battering ram again. Then it's add a ball and u are onto your next house. Repeat repeat until you beat all the houses

Playing Martell house. When you lose a ball in add a ball iron throne mode. U can't get it back by hitting action button

So if u want big points. Tyrell or Greyjoy is the way to play

Upper playfield seems pretty useless too.

I won't spoil what happens when u beat all the houses.

My game settings
V1.01
Outpost are widest just as it was shipping
3 ball game with extra balls
All stock settings and adjustments

#863 8 years ago

Nice scores guys! I haven't broke much past the 3 bil plane yet

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Updated to 1.18 today and played one game:

image_(resized).jpeg

Where did you get the speaker dire wolfs ?

#865 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Where did you get the speaker dire wolfs ?

Made those and the lights in the speakers. That set up will be about to be for sale and on sale at Pinballbulbs.com. Just beefing up inventory. If you're interested in getting one early feel free to email sales from the website and I'm sure those guys can hook you up

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

and I'm sure those guys can hook you up

"those guys"? I thought Pinballbulbs was you.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What this does is level out the loud call outs but also raises the overall sound effects a few notches like the battering ram hits, jackpots, etc... Intensifying the overall feel of shots and progression.
Would like to hear other thoughts and sound levels. Mine is stock speakers with external sub.

Speech 8
Music 35 ( I like the music backed out)
Bass 99
Treble 86
Volume 40

FF speaker system

The sound in this game is great! The dragons "wing" sound is intense. Even with stock speakers , tuning the sound is a must.

#868 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"those guys"? I thought Pinballbulbs was you.

I don't decide prices or ship products. "Those guys" do it

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't decide prices or ship products. "Those guys" do it

That comes off sounding like you don't want to answer. I had thought it was a simple question that I thought Pinballbulbs was you, as it sounds like you at least do the design and promote the restults to Pinside. It just sounds like you do it in the third person ...

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That comes off sounding like you don't want to answer. I had thought it was a simple question that I thought Pinballbulbs was you, as it sounds like you at least do the design and promote the restults to Pinside. It just sounds like you do it in the third person ...

I can answer. I take care of all product side stuff etc.

Should be $30 or so for the entire light kit and the speaker designs included free with each game kit. No extra $20 just for those. All inclusive. I think for the color changing version it will be about $44 And still with designs for free.

Hope that helps!

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I can answer. I take care of all product side stuff etc.
Should be $30 or so for the entire light kit and the speaker designs included free with each game kit. No extra $20 just for those. All inclusive. I think for the color changing version it will be about $44 And still with designs for free.
Hope that helps!

Do you work with Mark? (I figured seeing he called you in to write an ad, I may as well ask again).

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Do you work with Mark? (I figured seeing he called you in to write an ad, I may as well ask again).

You are welcome to email [email protected] for all the company info you need if you would like.

Mark does a lot of the product development and testing. He's really good with that stuff and has a lot of games to use for testing. We love having that resource.

Not sure about write an ad, but I did come in to provide info you asked for he didnt have

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good to see others ideas on sound. I have upgraded internal and external sub. I put up bass to 100. Only diff is I've found not to plus speech attenuation too much 10 max, but that's just me

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I did come in to provide info you asked for he didnt have

I had asked his involvement because it always seems like he is AstroTurfing a product that he does. It was a simple question, and he would definitely have that info. I even have more of that impression now.

#875 8 years ago

Anybody having issues with the launcher not making it through the gate? Not sure where it's failing but sometimes it won't go through at all and then it'll go without a hitch for a few games. button launcher too fast maybe? Since the patch the skill shot almost never registers either.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Good to see others ideas on sound. I have upgraded internal and external sub. I put up bass to 100. Only diff is I've found not to plus speech attenuation too much 10 max, but that's just me

Yea I've backd down on my speech a lot yesterday. Think I'm at +15 or +16.
the call outs are really good and I like them a lot. But there's one call out that I can't stand and makes me shriek everytime I hear it, when the chick says "Get the super jackpot". Just something with the way she says it that rubs me the wrong way. All her other call outs are top notch.

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I've backd down on my speech a lot yesterday. Think I'm at +15 or +16.
the call outs are really good and I like them a lot. But there's one call out that I can't stand and makes me shriek everytime I hear it, when the chick says "Get the super jackpot". Just something with the way she says it that rubs me the wrong way. All her other call outs are top notch.

That callout is pretty rough. I actually don't like her there at all, but I ignore it because the game is so good. I'll replace that call with Pinball Browser on mine soon.

I tried your settings for sound. I have not hooked up the subwoofer yet, but I felt the voice calls were too muted. I played around with different levels for a while, and then went back to mostly stock settings.

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But there's one call out that I can't stand and makes me shriek everytime I hear it, when the chick says "Get the super jackpot".

Yeah, this particular one is pretty bad.

Rob

#879 8 years ago

How long are the ball times? Is GOT just a high scoring game due to code, or do long ball times contribute to billion-plus scores?

I'm asking because I'm still considering options for my next game and I'm not interested in LOTR type gameplay. GOT seems like a ton of fun.

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How long are the ball times? Is GOT just a high scoring game due to code, or do long ball times contribute to billion-plus scores?
I'm asking because I'm still considering options for my next game and I'm not interested in LOTR type gameplay. GOT seems like a ton of fun.

I would say that a 1-2 billion game takes less than 10 minutes if playing alone. Can't speak to some of the 10+ billion scores as I haven't even come close to that yet.

#881 8 years ago

le #12 in the house

IMG_0425_(resized).PNGIMG_0425_(resized).PNG

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm pretty much factory settings with tilt warnings at 3 instead of 2. Tilt is medium. Outlanes wide.

Since I loaded new code Thursday, here's what my audits look like:

Total Plays: 105
Average score: 860 mil
GC: 6.4 bil
Game times are all over the place (which is really good). Highest was 16 games in the 6-8 minute range. I had 8 games at 15+ minutes. And 22 games in between those 2 audits.

Overall, the game times do not feel long or excessive, even the 15+ min games are a blast and continued progression through long games is a big plus on the rules and code.

Here's some other interesting audits:
- My left and right drains are near identical: big plus IMO
- Ball searches: 0; another huge plus but I did have a stuck ball on a plastic from an air ball
- Right flipper is heavily used 50% more than left.
- I'm nearly exactly at 10% extra balls awarded

#883 8 years ago

Sweet, thanks. I've been watching the videos and the game seems uber-fast with great flow. I'm not normally a fan of upper/lower playfields so I'm eyeballing the Pro. I'll wait until GB is revealed before I decide.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm pretty much factory settings with tilt warnings at 3 instead of 2. Tilt is medium. Outlanes wide.
Since I loaded new code Thursday, here's what my audits look like:
Total Plays: 105
Average score: 860 mil
GC: 6.4 bil
Game times are all over the place (which is really good). Highest was 16 games in the 6-8 minute range. I had 8 games at 15+ minutes. And 22 games in between those 2 audits.
Overall, the game times do not feel long or excessive, even the 15+ min games are a blast and continued progression through long games is a big plus on the rules and code.
Here's some other interesting audits:
- My left and right drains are near identical: big plus IMO
- Ball searches: 0; another huge plus but I did have a stuck ball on a plastic from an air ball
- Right flipper is heavily used 50% more than left.
- I'm nearly exactly at 10% extra balls awarded

Since the update:

Plays: 83

Avg score: 178 mil

Ball searches: 4 (I blasted an airball into the hut door and left the game on while I stood there in shock at my trapped ball)

Left and right drains are close, but dwarfed by the center drains.

7.9 degrees of pitch.

And also using the right flipper more than the left. Totally because I find the 4 center shots easiest from the right (I backhand the Stark ramp a lot)

10-15 minute games: 3

Nothing above 15 mins.

Love of the game: 100%. There are minor things I don't like, but I love the way the rules are going in this game. Beating it always feels just outside of my skills. Some games I'll battle the same house 3 balls in a row, and still fail to beat it. I might just miss as the timer expires. But other times I ignore the points and just cash out an orbit on Stark quickly to get it on my way to HotK (I usually play it fourth).

It's a great game.

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

7.9 degrees of pitch.

Good lord no wonder you're launching balls into orbit!
Maybe I'll throw a couple war and peace books under my back legs and see if I can keep the ball in play for more than a minute

I'm at 6.9 pitch

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good lord no wonder you're launching balls into orbit!
Maybe I'll throw a couple war and peace books under my back legs and see if I can keep the ball in play for more than a minute
I'm at 6.9 pitch

I just reset to 6.9 to give it a try. My problem is that I like to feel like I'm just hanging on for my life when I play. I love when games feel like they want to break your fingers. I'll admit it, it's my addiction.

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I had asked his involvement because it always seems like he is AstroTurfing a product that he does. It was a simple question, and he would definitely have that info. I even have more of that impression now.

What is astroturfing?

He has no product sell price info. I decide all that.

You still seem upset or poking at something. Not too sure. Sorry for the inconvenince I guess. I promise you won't have to buy these so you don't have to support an astroturfer

#888 8 years ago

slightly off topic. What is the tool you use to measure the pitch? available at amazon or home depot?

#889 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

slightly off topic. What is the tool you use to measure the pitch? available at amazon or home depot?

I use the clinometer app with my iPad mini. Seems more accurate than the digital torpedo level I have. The app doesn't work well with iPhone though. Digital torpedo level purchased at sears.

#890 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Here is what I use. Make sure to level on the playfield and not the glass.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

#891 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Here is what I use. Make sure to level on the playfield and not the glass.
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-torpedo-level/p-00948295000P

That is the exact same one I use. Just rub a rag over the bottom and check before you use it. The bottom is magnetic and can pick up a screw or something.

#892 8 years ago

What are your strategies, which house do you like to play with?

I tend to lean toward playing Greyjoy. I'll shoot to start Martell right away for the add-a-ball and then light another house like Lannister to time with BW MB.

Martell racks up the points for me when I battle them and while raising the multiplier up.

The toughest shot for me is the dragon on the pro. Half the time I miss and get a bad bounce from one of the surrounding stand-ups.

I also aim for the ram at the beginning of MB to raise the multiplier early and the Lord of Light targets during the ball save time at the beginning of each ball. My average score is around 200M with the majority of drains coming down the middle.

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I tend to lean toward playing Greyjoy. I'll shoot to start Martell right away for the add-a-ball and then light another house like Lannister to time with BW MB.
Martell racks up the points for me when I battle them and while raising the multiplier up.
The toughest shot for me is the dragon on the pro. Half the time I miss and get a bad bounce from one of the surrounding stand-ups.
I also aim for the ram at the beginning of MB to raise the multiplier early and the Lord of Light targets during the ball save time at the beginning of each ball. My average score is around 200M with the majority of drains coming down the middle.

If I play greyjoy, I definitely try to knock out Martell to get the add a ball. I also like finishing Stark to get the WIC bonuses, but I still don't exactly know how to fish stark while in Greyjoy so becomes tough.

My highest score is still with Martell (6.4B) and using that add a ball in HOTK and WHC modes. It's such a huge bonus cause I can practically build up my multipliers risk free knowing I have an add a ball. One time I forgot I was House Martell having a great game and on ball 3, lost both balls in multiball and slammed the iron bank in frustration and got 3 balls back, then proceeded to pull off an epic game.

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I lean towards Martell the most and Greyjoy the least. I think I find Martell a bit easier, and the security of already having the AAB right away. Also I heard early that most of the better players were going with Greyjoy. If you notice in the Dead Flip videos when GOT came out, Steve Ritchie almost exclusively chose Greyjoy. I assumed right away that it was the most exploitable house to play, and everything I heard since them made me agree. So I have shunned it and only played Greyjoy a bit for now. I see GOT as a game I am going to own for a while, so I'm taking the time to explore it thoroughly. I'm not as worried about the highest score as I normally would be. The game has a lot going on.

#895 8 years ago

I like Tyrell for the combo multipliers

#896 8 years ago

I've tried, and want to accomplish one day, going with Tyrell; then, complete Targaryan before HOTK as Targaryan increases all base value shots during HOTK. I wonder if the reward is worth the risk.

Speaking of Tyrell, I haven't quite followed, what exactly do the inlanes do? Do they just boost the starting combo to 3x? Or does it do more? (Hard to read dmd when the game is so fast lol).

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've tried, and want to accomplish one day, going with Tyrell; then, complete Targaryan before HOTK as Targaryan increases all base value shots during HOTK. I wonder if the reward is worth the risk.
Speaking of Tyrell, I haven't quite followed, what exactly do the inlanes do? Do they just boost the starting combo to 3x? Or does it do more? (Hard to read dmd when the game is so fast lol).

Pretty sure it always lights every shot for multipliers and increases every multiplier by one.

#898 8 years ago

Since you can no longer get to IT with Greyjoy it is no longer the house to choose

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Since you can no longer get to IT with Greyjoy it is no longer the house to choose

Get to what?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.