Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 127.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Airballs. Let's chat about airballs for a moment.
image_(resized).jpg
That is the little "house" over the battering ram on my pro. And if you look closely you can see a ball inside of it on the left side. It went in at the top right.
After this I replaced the flipper rubber with PBL Silicone rubber, but I seem to be getting more and more airballs.
Is anyone else seeing this? And if so, how have you helped it. It is almost always a missed ramp or out of the dragon followed by a shot on the fly. I've had two balls during a Multiball hit each other in the middle and because one was in the air it hit the other and went straight up into the glass. Kind of getting worried about breaking things now.

Hey, Dave...I just posted on the LE thread that I'm having balls hit the plastic protector on that right ramp and fall back down (which is a very similar ramp, I think), and now that you mention it, I think it happens more since I put superbands on. This might be the first machine I have to play with standard rubbers. (But to me, that's a design flaw...)

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

So max value is 75M on Arya's enemies ramp shots - then you cash out at orbit (l or r). So with 5x playfield and 5x multipliers (25x combined) a theoretical 1.875 Billion shot is available. Not sure if you are Tyrell if you can get 6x combo and thus a 30x combined, which would be 2.25 Billion on a single shot
Can someone do this on purpose and record it? we tried but only could get 900M (12x combined)

I just don't think the playfield x timer is long enough to get this done. You would have to get 4x going before the mode, start the mode. then get a 4-5 mode shots in before your 4x ran out, then hit ram until 5x, also before losing your combo x, and go back to mode shots to max out and finish before the 5x playfield ran out. This would be a truly impressive feat.

For anyone that thinks this game is too easy, I say we make an uber Wizard checklist:

1. Get over 2 billion on Stark House battle.

More to come after I get my game and I can really sink my teeth into it.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

More to come after I get my game and I can really sink my teeth into it.

I hope you have a good dentist.

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope you have a good dentist.

I do. Never had one cavity. I hope my GOT isn't made of sugar.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Dave...I just posted on the LE thread that I'm having balls hit the plastic protector on that right ramp and fall back down (which is a very similar ramp, I think), and now that you mention it, I think it happens more since I put superbands on. This might be the first machine I have to play with standard rubbers. (But to me, that's a design flaw...)

I actually was trying the silicone because the standard rubber was having the airballs. And I agree, it may have made it worse.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Airballs. Let's chat about airballs for a moment.
image_(resized).jpg
That is the little "house" over the battering ram on my pro. And if you look closely you can see a ball inside of it on the left side. It went in at the top right.
After this I replaced the flipper rubber with PBL Silicone rubber, but I seem to be getting more and more airballs.
Is anyone else seeing this? And if so, how have you helped it. It is almost always a missed ramp or out of the dragon followed by a shot on the fly. I've had two balls during a Multiball hit each other in the middle and because one was in the air it hit the other and went straight up into the glass. Kind of getting worried about breaking things now.

For the ball roll back. I find its from ball coming back fast. Those ones. I let the ball bounce off the flipper vs hit unless I see its course going to drain if it just bounces off the flipper

#757 4 years ago

Funny that you guys mention airballs. I never had any on my pro until last night. Twice the ball went flying right back into the shooter lane and it's never done that before. I also had a few other weird bounces.... Must be the last code update ... lol

Rob

#758 4 years ago

So my GOT showed up at the local terminal today. I call to arrange shipping schedule and they said the pin wasn't on the truck when it got there! Not sure what to make of it, at first I laughed but now wondering what the hell happens if they never find it and how long I'll have to wait til it's rectified. Blah, this pretty much sums up my luck for 2015. Heres to Hoping 2016 is better. Lol.

#759 4 years ago

Sounds like they found the pin. Will find out for sure tomorrow hopefully. Lol

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like they found the pin. Will find out for sure tomorrow hopefully. Lol

Glad to hear it dude!

#761 4 years ago

Damn this game is intense. I'm finding playing Greyjoy is pretty rewarding. But what's more intense is choosing which house to battle. When you get to the Hand of King. The targets are the 4 houses you beat. Bart and Tyrell are the easiest to hit in multiball but risky as the balls are not controlled

Martel Tyrell and Lannister are really nice houses to have when playing Greyjoy.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Bart and Tyrell are the easiest to hit in multiball but risky as the balls are not controlled

Bart_Simpson_200px_(resized).png

(Looks like he's got pretty good control of his balls.)

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So my GOT showed up at the local terminal today. I call to arrange shipping schedule and they said the pin wasn't on the truck when it got there! Not sure what to make of it, at first I laughed but now wondering what the hell happens if they never find it and how long I'll have to wait til it's rectified. Blah, this pretty much sums up my luck for 2015. Heres to Hoping 2016 is better. Lol.

LE or Pro?

Rob

#764 4 years ago

Any word on the official stern toppers?

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I actually was trying the silicone because the standard rubber was having the airballs. And I agree, it may have made it worse.

Ok, airballs. After looking at it for a while I ended up raising the flipper rubber up on the flippers. Not ideal, but it drastically cut the airballs down.

#767 4 years ago

Mirror blades and a extra red translucent apron i had hanging around

image_(resized).jpeg

#768 4 years ago

Have you played both? Why did you decide to go with pro. Just curious

#769 4 years ago

I'm curious as well and really would like to see a LE or Prem to see the difference the mini play field makes.

#770 4 years ago

It's a great mini playfield. Challenging and fun. Light years better than the ACDC lower playfield. Plus, the movement of the dragon toy is much improved over the Pro.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

It'a great mini playfield. Challenging and fun. Light years better than the ACDC lower playfield.

+1 the upper playfield plays great. I'd like to see a little more code support for it and I'd like to see the upper left flipper strength fixed, but it shoots great!

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I can't speak for SKB, but I went Pro because when I played one all night I had so much fun I had to have one. When I looked into the price difference between the Pro and Prem, I couldn't justify it as I would rather just get another game. Had I only had one spot to fill, probably would've thought harder about a Prem/LE

#773 4 years ago

I surprised my kids last night and set the clock to a little before midnight. It was funny watching their reactions when MM came up.

#774 4 years ago

Man this game kicks my ass. It has that IM "just one more game" feeling for me. I might just suck compared to the rest of you guys, but this game really penalizes my missed shots the wide open outlanes are brutal on me. It's intense out of the gate. I love it!

#775 4 years ago

I am curious does any buddy's ball go all the way around when you shoot the left orbit. I played a LE on location and the ball did not make it the whole way around. The ball always went into the pops. The ball reacts the same way In all the gameplay videos I have seen too.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am curious does any buddy's ball go all the way around when you shoot the left orbit. I played a LE on location and the ball did not make it the whole way around. The ball always went into the pops. The ball reacts the same way In all the gameplay videos I have seen too.

Unfortunately, yes. I believe it does. I'm pretty sure I've had the ball shoot out the right orbit and drain because I wasn't expecting it. Worse is the right orbit shot that sometimes goes to the pops, sometimes to the wall elevator, and sometimes shoots around the left orbit...

...and drains.

(Now you're going to make me go play a game just to be sure...)

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I think the orbit gates are mounted about 1mm or 2mm too low. They don't always let the ball pass easily.

Rob

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Unfortunately, yes. I believe it does. I'm pretty sure I've had the ball shoot out the right orbit and drain because I wasn't expecting it. Worse is the right orbit shot that sometimes goes to the pops, sometimes to the wall elevator, and sometimes shoots around the left orbit...
...and drains.
(Now you're going to make me go play a game just to be sure...)

Okay...I stand corrected. Looks like there's a one-way gate on the right orbit diverter that only allows passage of the ball from the right orbit all the way around. Every time I hit the left orbit, it fell into the pops because it hit that gate, so I think that's normal (the gate on the left of the pops--the one the ball sometimes hangs up on--is a left-to-right gate, from what I can tell.)

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I stand corrected. Looks like there's a one-way gate on the right orbit diverter that only allows passage of the ball from the right orbit all the way around. Every time I hit the left orbit, it fell into the pops because it hit that gate, so I think that's normal (the gate on the left of the pops--the one the ball sometimes hangs up on--is a left-to-right gate, from what I can tell.)

No you just suck as a player

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

100% the ball can make it all the way around in both directions

When battling Martell if u shoot the ball hard enough and with accuracy. U can finish the 3 orbits with 3 shots because the ball goes all the way in both directions

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

No you just suck as a player

That does it. Glory hole booth at Pintastic is officially cancelled.

Quoted from pinballophobe:

100% the ball can make it all the way around in both directions

Then what Gabe said above is true...or my machine is borked like PinballPal's.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Havent played either one; no fun in getting a pin after you played it

Few factors played in my role to get a pro:

1. Biggest factor: Funds! I would have had to sell STLE and dummy it down to a pro if i wanted GOT Prem/LE. Thats not happening especially since STLE is proven good. (ironically, im still considering doing this but going with a different pro to free up some funds for house modifications - trying to hold off doing that though lol) anyway....

2. I did use my pin funds to get IMVE. But i got bored of it quickly after the first few weeks and sold it before GOT's even hit the line.

3. Lots of differences in inserts and gameplay between these 2 versions (apparently anyway). Tons of great reviews on the pro from people i trust solidified by choice to go with it to replace my IMVE.

4. RobT is getting a premium so really no need to wait and see what version i'll like better. I'll play the pro and his premium a bunch and decide then if i need to upgrade or not and vice versa since he's not a big mini pf fan

...Now back to unboxing GOT!

#783 4 years ago

No more pre drilled shaker motor holes?

#784 4 years ago

They were on my LE.

#785 4 years ago

So the artwork is clearly not as bad as everyone made it. Even the pro photoshopped characters looks decent. Definitely not better than the LE, but it works!

Now this has me laughing hysterically!!!! I'm still rolling. I propped up the headboard and here's the first thing I saw....
image_(resized).jpeg

It's a freakin head of a penis! Mezel mods save me please

#786 4 years ago

So a couple other initial setup impressions:
- Even though the throne isn't used in the pro, it really does look awesome. Kudos to stern for adding it.
- the dragon looks incredible!
- pf art colors remind me a lot of potc.

#787 4 years ago

Congrats...still waitin' over here. Haven't played the LE yet, but I wouldn't spend that much anyway.
To me the dragon looks pretty dumb and the light in it's mouth is even weaker....but to each their own. I don't even think I notice the throne.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

4. RobT is getting a premium so really no need to wait and see what version i'll like better. I'll play the pro and his premium a bunch and decide then if i need to upgrade or not and vice versa since he's not a big mini pf fan

I wish the design of GoT premium/le removed the target from the right ramp entrance and instead put a diverter on the ramp itself. So the ramp plays the same as the pro or it can feed the mini playfield.

Rob

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So a couple other initial setup impressions:
- Even though the throne isn't used in the pro, it really does look awesome. Kudos to stern for adding it.
- the dragon looks incredible!
- pf art colors remind me a lot of potc.

My friend and I found the game plays/feels better at about a 6.8 - 7 degree pitch.

Rob

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No more pre drilled shaker motor holes?

On the LE there are pre drilled motor holes, but they are on the right side of the coinbox.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am curious does any buddy's ball go all the way around when you shoot the left orbit.

I'm not your buddy, pal.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

On the LE there are pre drilled motor holes, but they are on the right side of the coinbox.

pretty sure it's the same on the pro model

#793 4 years ago

Oh thank god you guys are right! The shaker is on the right side of the cab now haha. I'm so spoiled with the pre drilled holes

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm not your buddy, pal.

And I am not your pal, buddy.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So the artwork is clearly not as bad as everyone made it. Even the pro photoshopped characters looks decent. Definitely not better than the LE, but it works!
Now this has me laughing hysterically!!!! I'm still rolling. I propped up the headboard and here's the first thing I saw....
image_(resized).jpeg
It's a freakin head of a penis! Mezel mods save me please

I think that belongs to Theon.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I think that belongs to Theon.

Omg hahahahahahahaha!

#797 4 years ago

Looks like my pro shipped with the new pyramid protector. It looks great in person. The dragon overall is stellar!

image_(resized).jpeg

#798 4 years ago

wow, didnt know they were doing that! Wonder is they will send that to us whom dont have this.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

wow, didnt know they were doing that! Wonder is they will send that to us whom dont have this.

i'm gonna ask my distributor that's for sure.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm gonna ask my distributor that's for sure.

That or get the pyramid mod from Mezel. That looks pretty cool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Redding, CA
$ 11.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside