Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 127.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I understand that this is just your opinion man, but you really come off sounding like Kaneda with this statement. (Unless of course you work at Stern and have inside information)

It's neither inside information nor opinion. Stern has actually said the code was pretty well finished in this one at release. And all the modes are in there. It's been said repeatedly that this isn't your typical stern duty cycle where the code is a release skeleton. This time it's all there.

#652 4 years ago

I hope there is at least one more big update to come, they need to add a bit more intensity to the game via music and jackpot call outs etc.

Initial release was 29 September, they made a large rule addition on 10 November (Winter has Come rules)....so I believe they still have an open mind for future improvments

Capture.jpg

#654 4 years ago

Heck yeah that side armor looks killer! I'm sure the price will be pretty killer too.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Heck yeah that side armor looks killer! I'm sure the price will be pretty killer too.

Start saving your pennies!

#656 4 years ago

Wow! Now I kind of wish I had waited on a premium.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Version numbers don't mean anything at all. In fact, it probably differs wildly based on which developer is leading the project. I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

I sure hope your wrong. That would be a great disappointment. Mini playfield definitely needs a rule set addition for it. If this is true Stern's end game for GOT is a definite dropping of the ball.

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

I sure hope your wrong. That would be a great disappointment. Mini playfield definitely needs a rule set addition for it. If this is true Stern's end game for GOT is a definite dropping of the ball.

^^^ this! I got the chance to play an LE for first time yesterday, and the mini-PF is underwhelming to say the least. I will say this: it's not an exploitable PF that someone can camp out all day on mini PF and rack up ridiculous risk-free points.

Castle Multiball is incredibly LAME, points-wise, compared to other difficult to achieve MB like Wall or Hand of the King.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

^^^ this! I got the chance to play an LE for first time yesterday, and the mini-PF is underwhelming to say the least. I will say this: it's not an exploitable PF that someone can camp out all day on mini PF and rack up ridiculous risk-free points.
Castle Multiball is incredibly LAME, points-wise, compared to other difficult to achieve MB like Wall or Hand of the King.

See I don't think wall is that difficult to achieve that's why I don't think it should be that heavily weighted points wise.

#660 4 years ago

This is the problem with Stern's "no information" policy about software, that people are speculating that GoT is "done" at this point.

I personally don't think so, I'm sure we'll see more over the next year as the game is tweaked.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is the problem with Stern's "no information" policy about software, that people are speculating that GoT is "done" at this point.
I personally don't think so, I'm sure we'll see more over the next year as the game is tweaked.

I see it as GOT came out with more polished code than previous releases but was in no way finished. We will see, but I wouldn't be surprised if GOT was the start of a new trend where we see games with more mature code from the get go and then updates for the next year or so to get a substantially completed game.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is not done, there is no way. How soon we'll see updates or how much more they add, who knows, but there will be more.

I really hope they add a lot more, ton more call outs and dots and hopefully additional modes to make the challenge deeper to get to Hand Of The King and Iron Throne.

#663 4 years ago

I submitted a bug to them and received an email that they believed it is fixed in the next release.

Sounds like something is coming...

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

Sounds like something is coming...

Is it winter?!
d4be42_(resized).jpg

#665 4 years ago

Not sure why everyone thinks the codes gonna get abandoned so quickly. You have Dwight and Steve Ritchie on the job! only time I'd be worried on lack of code progression is if Lyman, Dwight, or Steve are not involved.

I'm sure there's more to come and a few surprises as well. Right now, I presume Dwight is focused strictly on bugs and scoring balances. Now that games are shipping they'll probably wait for the next phase of rules til they get lots of feedback and find a good direction to move forward with.

Personally, I want them to add Purchasable champions that add different kinds of scoring bonuses for the remainder of the ball. I won't go into detail as I already have in another thread. But more risk/reward type features are needed from my understanding of the game. And I haven't even played yet lol. But soon, very very soon!

#666 4 years ago

Has anyone figured out what series of events lead to the Targaryen #3 (Drogon) battle bug? The one where there are no lit shots left to hit, yet Drogon still has health, so you're stuck.
Seems to happen most often when playing as Greyjoy.

#667 4 years ago

I despise mini playfields and love this one it is fast and wicked and light years ahead of other crappy mini playfields like tf and Ac dc

#668 4 years ago

Pro

V1.18 - December 22, 2015
==========================
- SHOOT AGAIN insert will now be visible during bonus count.
- Adjusted timing of first Martell "2 more to light" movie.
- Fixed message typo "CHANGE YOUR CHOICE"
- Tweaked the instructions for Baratheon Start
- Tweaked wildfire RGB color for blackwater to be more green
- Fixed ball not leaving after mystery if you choose your
last advance wall.
- Disabled flippers during video mode
- Fixed INSTANT INFO spinner page. Cleaner layout, shows
full value.
- Added an Adjustment to control the number of house
completions needed to light extra ball. The default is 3
houses to light extra ball.
- Added Bonus Multiplier to the bonus instant info
- Added houses needed for extra ball to instant info
- Tweaked Blackwater multiball 3rd ball lock to include the
archer.
- Tweaked Instant Info pages for houses. Added sigil and
total value awarded.
- Fixed Video mode instruction text
- Fixed broken SJP scoring from a previous release -
SJP == ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield mult
- Fixed - Mystery will not be lit if Wall multiball, Hand, or Iron
Throne is ready to start
- Added slight pause to left drop target bank reset during gameplay.
- Fixed - Attract mode casual mode message will not play if there
are no credits.
- Remove speech that was hard to understand at the end of multiball
- Fixed - Multipliers will now always pause while in mystery.
Mystery and Video mode
will now pause the timers correctly.
- Added speech for getting the super jackpot and awarding it.
- Added the ability to buy Bonus held from Mystery
- Tweaked the bass of some sounds.
- Tweaked the scoring for Hand of the King Wizard mode. Only the
best four shots of each set will contribute to the Super jackpot
value and therefore the SJP Hurry Up value too.
- Tweaked - Hand of the King can no longer be started during house
modes.
- Tweaked how much things cost in Mystery
- Cleaned up the text for Instant info for wall multiball.
- Added Secret Multiball (Make sure your clock is set)
- Added speech to Blackwater Multiball jackpots.
- Tweaked - Drop target bank awarding Lord of Light has been reworked.
The bank will no longer care about ball in play. Difficulty
adjustment added. Once Per Game is now the default.
- Added speech to Wall Mulitball jackpots.
- Added additional top gate logic after Wall Multiball has been
completed. Left orbit will always loop after the first wall.
- Tweaked - Use shorter bonus multiplier sequence when awarded
thru pops.
- Addressed a couple sound issues. Sounds should hiccup less.
Engineering analysis ongoing.
- Fixed - control gate logic should work more consistently.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Added to casual mode - lamp effects are less intense. Casual mode will
override the adjustment "REDUCE INTENSE LAMP EFFECTS". If the game is in
casual mode lamp effects will be less intense.

#669 4 years ago

Midnight madness multiball? Me likey. A lot of early issues look to be fixed. Great!

#670 4 years ago

Hopefully the reduced lighting effects will reduce the crying by a couple people around here.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Midnight madness multiball? Me likey. A lot of early issues look to be fixed. Great!

I heard it's 4:20 Madness

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hopefully the reduced lighting effects will reduce the crying by a couple people around here.

If it doesn't we can always spark up a time machine and give me younger eyes. It looks like I have some time...

MerryChristmas_(resized).jpg

#674 4 years ago

haha WTF 3 days!

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha WTF 3 days!

A True Xmas pack?

#676 4 years ago

Either you have Net Zero dial-up, or about 1000 people are downloading the code at the same time!

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think there are reduced lighting effects. What I think they did is made the reduced lighting effects option that was already there the default when in casual mode - which is also the default set up of the game.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

which is also the default set up of the game.

So more crying coming, gotcha.

#679 4 years ago

Yea, pretty slow dowwnloading. Hope this fixes both of the multiball bugs.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Yea, pretty slow dowwnloading. Hope this fixes both of the multiball bugs.

Be interesting to hear from PRO owners. Seems like the LE update is screwing the pooch in a couple areas.

#681 4 years ago

Some neat graphics before blackwater multiball. I got a bunch of technician errors popup after the upgrade. Anybody else?

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Some neat graphics before blackwater multiball. I got a bunch of technician errors popup after the upgrade. Anybody else?

I've got a bunch of alerts. Node boards, switches. All kinds of stuff. Everything seems to be running correctly though. (Pro)

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I've got a bunch of alerts. Node boards, switches. All kinds of stuff. Everything seems to be running correctly though. (Pro)

Yea, odd that it started up right after the update.

#684 4 years ago

Maybe the update isn't zeroing out all the stored data. Perhaps a reset of all audits and reset to factory settings might do it

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have the same thing on the LE

#686 4 years ago

I'm not sure I can blame this on 1.18 or the fact that I know what I need to do now, but my playing on this game went to poop. I'm no longer completing houses, and the wild ranging scores have evaporated. I can't seem to complete Greyjoy at all anymore. And I'm not sure if I was just getting lucky before, but did Martell always reset the count if you hit a center ramp?

Everything just feels tougher now. Maybe because of 1.18 and maybe because I'm just starting to figure the game out and can see the shots I'm missing.

#687 4 years ago

Funny the first game post patch I put up 620 mil, which is my highest in the 3 days owning it. Not really patch related, just nailing the 2 Arya shots for Stark and completing that, plus having a good Blackwater. 10 games played after that though my average is probably 8mil! Tempted to change the Lord of Light from the 1 per game, but the only option is every time, or something like that wording. I would like it to be once per ball, not one per game nor unlimited.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Funny the first game post patch I put up 620 mil, which is my highest in the 3 days owning it. Not really patch related, just nailing the 2 Arya shots for Stark and completing that, plus having a good Blackwater. 10 games played after that though my average is probably 8mil! Tempted to change the Lord of Light from the 1 per game, but the only option is every time, or something like that wording. I would like it to be once per ball, not one per game nor unlimited.

I put up 500 and 600 million my first two games. I may try to do a factory reset and see if that fixes things.

#689 4 years ago

I'm on day 3 of ownership as well and I have to admit that it took me a while to 'get it' with this game. I'm really enjoying it now, but the taste definitely had to be acquired. It takes a little getting used to, but once you understand the houses and how they all work the strategy really starts to kick in. I also now have a greater appreciation for the upper playfield and can't imagine the game without it, but I still want to get my hands on a Pro. I'm still learning, but would love to hear the strategic approaches you're all taking with each game.

#690 4 years ago

Best GOT topper ever? Yep. Step daughter got me this for xmas. Viserion!!!image_(resized).jpeg

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm not sure I can blame this on 1.18 or the fact that I know what I need to do now, but my playing on this game went to poop. I'm no longer completing houses, and the wild ranging scores have evaporated. I can't seem to complete Greyjoy at all anymore. And I'm not sure if I was just getting lucky before, but did Martell always reset the count if you hit a center ramp?
Everything just feels tougher now. Maybe because of 1.18 and maybe because I'm just starting to figure the game out and can see the shots I'm missing.

I can't recall it ever resetting the count - just that you need to hit it at some point. But while I'm on the subject of Martell's mode, I don't think it really affects your scoring for that mode anyway. I've seen "jackpot builds" values of roughly 20m, but the third shot (the one *before* the hurryup at the ramps) is only good for 10m.

If you can hit your loops *really* quickly after the mode starts, and then a ramp afterward, it's usually good points (~150m+ total), but if you're taking your time, it's really quite random.

#692 4 years ago

Is it just me or is got pro faster than ST?

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is it just me or is got pro faster than ST?

It just it's just you. The ramps in Star Trek, all 3, are easier to shoot and always flow without stopping the ball. Star Trek has to be one of the smoothest shooting games of all time.

#694 4 years ago

Possibly. It's just it feels like the backhands are better on got and kickback is closer. Maybe just because it's new

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It just it's just you. The ramps in Star Trek, all 3, are easier to shoot and always flow without stopping the ball. Star Trek has to be one of the smoothest shooting games of all time.

Agree, but Spidey needs to be in that conversation too.

#696 4 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Agree, but Spidey needs to be in that conversation too.

I like SM's layout better than ST, but there's no denying that ST is smoother than SM. The ramps are also much easier to hit on ST due to wider entrances.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I like SM's layout better than ST, but there's no denying that ST is smoother than SM. The ramps are also much easier to hit on ST due to wider entrances.

This is my answer also

#698 4 years ago

Yes it's true spidey and Star Trek are good but both are very easy and have a lot easier shots then got; ohh and are rehashes of the Kings older games like sttng where as got is fresh and unique

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes it's true spidey and Star Trek are good but both are very easy and have a lot easier shots then got; ohh and are rehashes of the Kings older games like sttng where as got is fresh and unique

no way shots are easier on SM. The lock center shot on GOTpro is one of the easiest shots in pinball and both orbits are easy catches. Lock targets and dragon have some risk but still not terribly difficult to defend against.

I warmed up more to GOTpro after playing it again and have gotten more into understanding the nuances of the ruleset. Really nice flow just not a punishing game like IM or TWD. Would like a nice mix between the two...oh right, MET.

#700 4 years ago

Has anyone played as house Tyrell and maxed out the stark mode? Wondering what the stark value can jump to with 5x combo multiplier running. Like 300 million?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Antonio, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside