371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 144.
#6701 3 years ago

With colorDMD, the scene where Jamie is hiding in the weeds, you can actually see him! Dots XL for me on this one, but most of mine are set on Hi Res.

Also, the scene where the Mountain gets taken out by Oberyn Martell, you can actually see the blood droplets fly across the screen.

#6702 3 years ago

That’s awesome. Maybe Xmas I’ll treat myself. Haha

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Treat yourself..I mean I did give you some bits...HAHA.

Quick question, on your videos and in tiltforums you mentioned going hans solo on video mode...What does that mean? Reason why it caught my eye is with my trade I got some cool artwork and trying to find the history on the one piece. It was a Frankenstein type piece... Its Tyrion as Hans Solo. The frame is incredible and double matted with like suede. Someone took it to the next level.

Thanks.

#6704 3 years ago

Sure that wasn’t in a Star Wars thread? Haha.

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure that wasn’t in a Star Wars thread? Haha.

Nope.....unless I am on a coffee high....

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Nope.....unless I am on a coffee high....

Got a link?

#6707 3 years ago

chuckwurt

Mar '18
You play video mode twice in a row. Each time you play it, you’re at 40x. They are independent of each other.

Playing as Han Solo seems to be my most successful path. It’s almost constant multiballs.

#6708 3 years ago

I found the artist who decided to think merging GOT and SW would be fun . So maybe that's really all there is too it. Just a damn nice piece..I have framed art before and man that can get expensive...It will hang in new gameroom . A nice conversation piece.

#6709 3 years ago

chuckwurt
Mar '18
You play video mode twice in a row. Each time you play it, you’re at 40x. They are independent of each other.
Playing as Han Solo seems to be my most successful path. It’s almost constant multiballs.

These are rules from Star Wars. Haha

#6710 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These are rules from Star Wars. Haha

http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936/391

Found it in the above thread....oh well. Bud Light time..lol

#6711 3 years ago

DO you have a video of your gameroom?? would like to see all your machines??

Final made it to Part 6....whew...that's dedication brother...I heard if you watch all 6 you get a shirt. LOL.

#6712 3 years ago

Sorry no video of the game room to share. Nothing exciting. Just an unfinished basement with pins everywhere.

Also, that was the GOt thread on tilt but we were just talking about SW rules for whatever reason that day. Haha

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry no video of the game room to share. Nothing exciting. Just an unfinished basement with pins everywhere.
Also, that was the GOt thread on tilt but we were just talking about SW rules for whatever reason that day. Haha

Cool. Break Time.

Thanks again for the great videos and Questions.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6714 3 years ago

1st game....awful.....200 MIL.

2nd game....followed CW's advice and BOOM.

5 balls and this is what happened.

GCGOT (resized).jpgGCGOT (resized).jpg
#6715 3 years ago

Hell yeah! What house did you go with?

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah! What house did you go with?

Here is your answer.

#6717 3 years ago

Nice. Yeah I’ve been going with them or Greyjoy mostly lately.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice. Yeah I’ve been going with them or Greyjoy mostly lately.

As someone stated, I ripped that spinner. I feel bad for my BM66 and JP...lol.

#6719 3 years ago

I have edited and uploaded the pingolf challenge i had recently to my youtube channel. Divided into three parts, one for each game, here is the third with Walking Dead (hole 13 - 18) if anyone want to see.

Note: i set up my game way too hard in fear of it taking to long time, so quite brutal... kinda like the red wedding

#6720 3 years ago

What do you get a superfan of the tv series and a super fan of the game? Wifey wants to buy me a house warming present for GOT. HEHE

I am thinking for the man who has everything....joking but what you experts think. Remember I have gold mirror blades , gold trim and a goldish look on my PS when they go off at certain times. The translite is being custom lighted and should have it back in a week.

https://backalleycreations.com/products/gold-pinball

Bring on the comments...

#6721 3 years ago

What do you get a superfan of the tv series and a super fan of the game? Wifey wants to buy me a house warming present for GOT. HEHE
I am thinking for the man who has everything....joking but what you experts think. Remember I have gold mirror blades , gold trim and a goldish look on my PS when they go off at certain times. The translite is being custom lighted and should have it back in a week.
https://backalleycreations.com/products/gold-pinball
Bring on the comments...

Well...it ain't a pinball mod, but it sure looks pretty next to the game. Best GOT swag I ever got (besides all the original books)!

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/game-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-astrolabe-with-game-of-thrones-a-pop-up-guide-to-westeros-collectors-edition-insight-collectibles-902243

#6722 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't believe you of all people haven't gotten the color DMD for this game yet. It's literally a whole new experience playing in color. You can actually SEE what the fuck you're supposed to be looking at.

It’s on the list. I have to get a PlayStation5 first. Who-Dey fault!

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...it ain't a pinball mod, but it sure looks pretty next to the game. Best GOT swag I ever got (besides all the original books)!
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/game-of-thrones-game-of-thrones-astrolabe-with-game-of-thrones-a-pop-up-guide-to-westeros-collectors-edition-insight-collectibles-902243

Thats bad ass...go great in my new gameroom being built. I am getting 2 translites custom made to go into brads lit frames to be on each side of machine..goona be like a shrine on one side of room all things GOT.

How about the book and the balls?? compromise...lol

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Pop-Up-Guide-Westeros/dp/1608873145/ref=asc_df_1608873145/

#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do it!

treat.giftreat.gif
#6725 3 years ago

I've just upgraded my Pro to an LE! Love the Pro but hoping I'll love the LE more. Question about the orbit issue. Is it when shooting from right to left or left to right? So through Martell shot or Greyjoy?

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I've just upgraded my Pro to an LE! Love the Pro but hoping I'll love the LE more. Question about the orbit issue. Is it when shooting from right to left or left to right? So through Martell shot or Greyjoy?

Left to Right. So the Greyjoy shot. By default (both code and likely your game setup) it will go to the pop bumpers. You can go to the settings and enable left orbits to pass (disable the setting), which will leave the gate open to let it go through. This might work sometimes, but will often still get caught. From there you can follow the various instructions for moving diverter, adding thin metal to smooth it, removing rubbers, etc. to get it to work the way you want.

#6727 3 years ago

Through research I found that even the people that did the various fixes it never improved to 100%. So I just left mine.

And After the new code, I definitely prefer the premium/LE.

#6728 3 years ago

Tomorrow night 7pm eastern

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Final GOT video that explains the premium/LE unique rules!

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tomorrow night 7pm eastern
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball
Final GOT video that explains the premium/LE unique rules!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#6730 3 years ago

Can any of you cool experts help with a plastic that I need dimensions for??

It's the one on top of the ramp.

Thanks In advance....

#6731 3 years ago

Friendly reminder that premium tutorial starts at 7 eastern!

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Friendly reminder that premium tutorial starts at 7 eastern!

First time twitcher....I am logged in . Will you video just start automatically ? I am seeing older videos playing at the moment.

#6733 3 years ago

If you’re following me and have notifications turned on it should send you a notification on your phone or email or if you’re logged in, it will pop up under your following section. So find SDTMpinball and click the heart. That will follow my channel.

#6734 3 years ago

I recently bought a home use Game of Thrones Pro, very nice shape, but it occasionally resets and I would love to fix it. Already adjusted the power supply voltage per this thread. Tried disabling the shaker motor. The only other powered mod is lighted flipper buttons.

However I'm starting to wonder if this might be a software problem, because the situation in which it resets is always the same. Running the latest code. I finish the 4th house and start Hand of the King. Then, shoot the Dragon to claim Extra Ball. It's a rather frustrating time to get a reset...

Anyone else seeing a similar problem?

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

I recently bought a home use Game of Thrones Pro, very nice shape, but it occasionally resets and I would love to fix it. Already adjusted the power supply voltage per this thread. Tried disabling the shaker motor. The only other powered mod is lighted flipper buttons.
However I'm starting to wonder if this might be a software problem, because the situation in which it resets is always the same. Running the latest code. I finish the 4th house and start Hand of the King. Then, shoot the Dragon to claim Extra Ball. It's a rather frustrating time to get a reset...

Congrats on the game. I have the LE and no problem with reset as you described. Is the Fan running in the power supply. Don't set power above 48.5 volts. Hold on help is on the way. Let me surf and get link(s).

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

You found the "this thread" in your post. so maybe it's the 300w power supply or the fan is causing the resets. A earlier code update was to take care of reset issues. Better help is on the way.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit-300w.html

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Try imaging a new SD card entirely. It might help with what you are describing.

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Congrats on the game. I have the LE and no problem with reset as you described. Is the Fan running in the power supply. Don't set power above 48.5 volts. Hold on help is on the way. Let me surf and get link(s).

The fan comes on with the power and runs all the time. It's somewhat noisy but not really noticeable while playing, only during attract. Voltage is set to 48.5. I will try disconnecting the flipper button lights tomorrow.

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

The fan comes on with the power and runs all the time. It's somewhat noisy but not really noticeable while playing, only during attract. Voltage is set to 48.5. I will try disconnecting the flipper button lights tomorrow.

The fan isn't supposed to run continuously on a Stern. Only Spooky's pinball machines. PinMonk is the one to contact, I'm sure he'll making his way here. Hang on

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

How hot is the room? The fan runs to bring the temp back from 122F to 104F. If it's always running, either:

* The room is too hot
* The temperature sensor is broken
* The power supply has another problem causing it to alway be excessively hot.

My *guess* is the 300W Pro power supply has one or more bad components. I would just replace it with the bigger/better 500W RSP-500-48 Stern eventually went to for all their machines, abandoning the 300W power supplies completely. Try someplace like Jameco where it's like $91:

https://www.jameco.com/z/RSP-500-48-MEAN-WELL-AC-to-DC-Switching-Enclosed-Power-Supply-Single-Output-with-PFC-Function-48V-10-5A-504W_2198014.html

...and that will likely solve the issues.

#6741 3 years ago

PinMonk you could change you name to Savoir-Faire. Because your everywhere.
Thanks for the input I was merely trying to distract him until you showed up.

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How hot is the room? The fan runs to bring the temp back from 122F to 104F. If it's always running, either:
* The room is too hot
* The temperature sensor is broken
* The power supply has another problem causing it to alway be excessively hot.
My *guess* is the 300W Pro power supply has one or more bad components. I would just replace it with the bigger/better 500W RSP-500-48 Stern eventually went to for all their machines, abandoning the 300W power supplies completely. Try someplace like Jameco where it's like $91:
https://www.jameco.com/z/RSP-500-48-MEAN-WELL-AC-to-DC-Switching-Enclosed-Power-Supply-Single-Output-with-PFC-Function-48V-10-5A-504W_2198014.html
...and that will likely solve the issues.

It's a cool room, rarely above 70F. The power supply doesn't feel hot or look damaged in any way, I had a good look while adjusting the voltage. A new one is pretty cheap though (even for Canada ). Thanks!

EDIT: Before I order... it looks like the Stern factory mounting hardware will not work with the new unit, it's a bit wider, any suggestions?

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

It's a cool room, rarely above 70F. The power supply doesn't feel hot or look damaged in any way, I had a good look while adjusting the voltage. A new one is pretty cheap though (even for Canada ). Thanks!
EDIT: Before I order... it looks like the Stern factory mounting hardware will not work with the new unit, it's a bit wider, any suggestions?

Got a picture of the power supply in the backbox? You should have a SPV-300-48 300W meanwell power supply in there now. It should be interchangeable with the 500W meanwell since Stern uses the same backbox for Pros/Prem/LE machines.

You may just have a damaged temperature sensor that has the fan locked on, since game resets when there's lots of action is a common problem with the 300W underpowered power supply in the early Pros, so that may or may not be due to overheating power supply hardward. Hard to tell because it happens on "normal" ones since it's just not big enough for the game.

#6744 3 years ago

Pretty sure the Pro power supplies have the fan run permanently. At least the European machines do (not sure if Stern uses a differen PSU there).
Also since the PSU outputs 48 Volts which are converted down on the node boards themselves, resets caused by the main psu are very unlikely. The node boards have rather large capacitors onboard for decoupling both the 48V as well as the down-converted voltages - and the 48V have these 3 huge caps on the distribution board. Just think of how long the music/animations continue to run when you power off the game mid-play... To have the cpu power fail, the 48V would need to be gone for at least a second or so. According to the schematic the brown out detection fires at a little over 23V, so until that point you should be good. Just have a look at the LEDs on the cpu board when the resets occur.

I'd rather go the new SD card route. 8GB just costs a few bucks and can be bought at every grocery store..

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Pretty sure the Pro power supplies have the fan run permanently. At least the European machines do (not sure if Stern uses a differen PSU there).
Also since the PSU outputs 48 Volts which are converted down on the node boards themselves, resets caused by the main psu are very unlikely. The node boards have rather large capacitors onboard for decoupling both the 48V as well as the down-converted voltages - and the 48V have these 3 huge caps on the distribution board. Just think of how long the music/animations continue to run when you power off the game mid-play... To have the cpu power fail, the 48V would need to be gone for at least a second or so. According to the schematic the brown out detection fires at a little over 23V, so until that point you should be good. Just have a look at the LEDs on the cpu board when the resets occur.
I'd rather go the new SD card route. 8GB just costs a few bucks and can be bought at every grocery store..

Thanks but why do you suspect the SD card would have anything to do with this problem?

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Got a picture of the power supply in the backbox? You should have a SPV-300-48 300W meanwell power supply in there now. It should be interchangeable with the 500W meanwell since Stern uses the same backbox for Pros/Prem/LE machines.
You may just have a damaged temperature sensor that has the fan locked on, since game resets when there's lots of action is a common problem with the 300W underpowered power supply in the early Pros, so that may or may not be due to overheating power supply hardward. Hard to tell because it happens on "normal" ones since it's just not big enough for the game.

The part number can't be seen in the backbox but I took a photo while adjusting the voltage. You can see it is an SP-320-48. Dimensions are roughly 4.5" by 8.25".

v adj (resized).jpgv adj (resized).jpg
#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Thanks but why do you suspect the SD card would have anything to do with this problem?

SD card corruption can cause all kinds of weird problems, but if you're seeing the resets under load (when lots is going on, usually multiball) and never when it's just low action or no action, it's usually the power supply.

Also, it looks like the 500W is 12mm wider than the 300W.

Quoted from cynric:

I looked up the spec sheet and the 300W lists fan speed control only, where the 500W doesn't have speed control but DOES have on/off, so maybe the pro one runs all the time (I never had one of the 300W Pros).

300W PS spec sheet:
https://www.meanwell-web.com/content/files/pdfs/productPdfs/MW/SPV-300/SPV-300-spec.pdf

500W PS spec sheet:
https://www.meanwell-web.com/content/files/pdfs/productPdfs/MW/RSP-500/RSP-500-spec.pdf

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's a pic of the PSU installed.

psu installed (resized).jpgpsu installed (resized).jpg
#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Here's a pic of the PSU installed.
[quoted image]

Looks like the mounting is the same, only the "wings" are different...

Beatles_Pro2 (resized).jpgBeatles_Pro2 (resized).jpg
#6750 3 years ago

This is no hardly working WMS crap dragged along from the Seventies, Spike is a well designed system.

When do these resets occur? Is there a pattern behind them (certain action in the game)? Can it be provoked by quickly hammering both flipper buttons at once? Maybe try reseating the power connectors for good measure (although the onboard caps should be able to buffer that up).

If your PSU is faulty (or the big filter caps are bad), you should be able to notice it by turning off the game while sound is playing and seeing if it stops immediately. If is runs for a few more seconds, then imo it should be fine.
The CPU reset pin is not tied to a reset IC that might cause trouble, just a pullup and a button, as long as the soldering is fine there shouldn't be any trouble. The main voltage converter on the cpu node operates down to 8V, so until that fails, your coils will have lost power long before.. Unless it's a mechanical defect (broken solder joint) or a defective component on the cpu board, I find a hardware issue highly unlikely.

I'd rather suspect a software issued reset, and that might be caused by a bitchy SD card. Before swapping the PSU I'd just write a new one (https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/). If it works, nice, if not, use the card for your camera/phone.

From the looks the PSU in my game is the same (although with a bug 230V sticker on top), and the fan is definitely always running - I've never heard it speed up further though..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.