371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 144.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try Baratheon and play wall multiball over and over.

Does that work? I had what I thought was a pretty great Wall MB and it was only a couple hundred million I think.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Does that work? I had what I thought was a pretty great Wall MB and it was only a couple hundred million I think.

Wall multiball is not only easier to get to with Baratheon it’s worth way more if you are Baratheon. Wall multiball is basically worthless without that boost.

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Greyjoy is a tough one for sure. I have been trying out Lannister to try and blow up Stark/Lannister on Blackwater with multipliers. Is there any interesting strategies with other houses in the new rules? I haven't quite figured out how to play the other houses yet.
Thanks everyone.
Oh and I did put Invisiglass in it already and the pyramid plastic was broken so I just ordered a mod to replace it as they are cheap.

I really like Baratheon. The combination of quicker Wall multiball and the button press Lord of Light ball save is pretty awesome. My usual strategy is to light the regular Lord of Light first, so if I'm quick enough on the button hits, that's four outlane ballsaves per game. The second thing I usually do is light Greyjoy, and (on the pro) that brings me to the upper lanes which build toward Wall multiball anyway, so with Baratheon by the time I light Greyjoy, Wall is also ready to go. It lets you get a lot of stuff rolling pretty early on in the game.

The code in this game is just so good. The different strategies that the houses bring make for some interesting choices and it lets you change up how you play regularly. Doing that while keeping it easy to understand, not to mention fun, makes Dwight one of the best in the business. And yes...that battle with Drogon is one of the most intense, adrenaline pumping battles ever.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah and even if you have a premium and try to cheese all the modes with the upper playfield, the game makes you play out targ 3 if you’re Greyjoy. That mode is so hard. So make shots are needed. Such an intense mode and so satisfying when you complete it.

The other thing that you can do with a Prem/LE is wait to do the completion of Targaryen for the final dragon. If you are on standard rules, you can play out dragon 1 and 2, then complete upper playfield on 3, and it will complete it that way. Not near as fun as playing the entire thing through and battling, but much easier if your goal is just to get through it.

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try Baratheon and play wall multiball over and over.

That's my house of choice, been to Iron Throne twice with Baratheon in the two years of ownership. Have not completed IT yet, I seem to drop my sword in the middle of battle. Heart starts pounding and hands start to sweat. Must be from all the mud and blood on the battlefield. Haha

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from atum:

The other thing that you can do with a Prem/LE is wait to do the completion of Targaryen for the final dragon. If you are on standard rules, you can play out dragon 1 and 2, then complete upper playfield on 3, and it will complete it that way. Not near as fun as playing the entire thing through and battling, but much easier if your goal is just to get through it.

Oh cool. Thanks for clarifying. So I guess you can pick which dragon you want to kill with the upper playfield playing as Greyjoy. But only one. If you’re any other house, I think you can kill all three with the upper playfield.

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Greyjoy is a tough one for sure. I have been trying out Lannister to try and blow up Stark/Lannister on Blackwater with multipliers. Is there any interesting strategies with other houses in the new rules? I haven't quite figured out how to play the other houses yet.

Glad you are enjoying my old GOT, I already miss it! Greyjoy is where it's at IMHO, it really slows down the progress for a better challenge. Trying to strategize which houses power you take on when (Martell just before HOTK multiball, for example) makes for what is easily among the top coded games ever (and that is before considering the other houses). Most of the games on the new code were as Greyjoy.

Lannister is probably the best bet for a consistently good score if playing against someone, even though I usually opted for Martell to get the multiball redo because it felt better even if the results weren't as good. Stark is great if you want to blaze through the game or go for Targaryen right away (saving the gimme for the 3rd dragon of course). Baratheon is cool if you can remember to hit the button on the side drains. I don't think I ever took the time to understand the Tyrell and Targaryen rules because I didn't see the advantage of either, probably had only 10-15 plays on each of those houses after the new code.

#6608 3 years ago

With Targaryen I believe you can change the settings so it only spots you 1 or 2 dragons rather than the default 3 dragons upon choosing the house to play as. That would certainly change it from being “easy” to get to Iron Throne as was commented earlier. Has anyone tried that setting?

#6609 3 years ago

jitneystand1 Thank you for trading with me. I’m loving it and haven’t even scratched the surface.

With Lannister are you just buying multipliers with your gold and blowing up a MB?

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Baratheon is cool if you can remember to hit the button on the side drains.

After playing GoT if I play any other pin when I side drain I'll hit the apron. Sometimes there's a button on apron and sometimes not. I've even done it playing my 1977 EM Jacks Open.

16008627384461432454895943524467 (resized).jpg16008627384461432454895943524467 (resized).jpg
#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

With Lannister are you just buying multipliers with your gold and blowing up a MB?

Yes, but maybe more so for the cash in shot on the house modes

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Thanks everyone.
Oh and I did put Invisiglass in it already and the pyramid plastic was broken so I just ordered a mod to replace it as they are cheap.

Not specific to another house but if you want to try something different try the spinner strategy. It increases by drop targets, target completions and bonus X. It can get STUPID big as in millions a single spin without the PF multiplier.

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not specific to another house but if you want to try something different try the spinner strategy. It increases by drop targets, target completions and bonus X. It can get STUPID big as in millions a single spin without the PF multiplier.

Have you tried this with the new code? It got nerfed pretty hard in 1.36. Now you have to complete houses to unlock swords, which are required to increase the level of the spinner. The spinner level is also capped lower. So unless your spinner is crazy juiced up, it doesn't spin much. I have never played for that strategy, but my spinners are all pretty low now. Definitely in comparison to 1.34.

#6614 3 years ago

Its Done!!!!!!!

My LE has arrived. What a wait. Whew.

Thanks to all the cool guys who helped me on DM , PM, Text etc etc with questions and ideas .

Beer on me one day when we meet at a show , expo. Anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have a LE, would love to meet up and play some GOT Live.

chuckwurt Bourbon for you.
85vett

and many other mod peeps.

Have a awesome day.

#6615 3 years ago

Yeah, they nerfed the spinner badly. That's the only complaint I have on the new code. For Lannister, try using your playfield multipliers for a huge Stark cash out. I've had Stark modes over 1 Billion like that.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, they nerfed the spinner badly. That's the only complaint I have on the new code. For Lannister, try using your playfield multipliers for a huge Stark cash out. I've had Stark modes over 1 Billion like that.

That's what I have been trying myself. Seems to work pretty well.

#6617 3 years ago

Just completed iron throne on greyjoy! Have been trying this for a while now, with mostly the dragons standing in the way of the throne.
Today they were defeated in no time Endscore 6.5B (3 balls, one extra, outlanes wide open)

#6618 3 years ago

And what a rush it is. Congrats

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Just completed iron throne on greyjoy! Have been trying this for a while now, with mostly the dragons standing in the way of the throne.
Today they were defeated in no time Endscore 6.5B (3 balls, one extra, outlanes wide open)

I finished over 7B (my HSTD) the other day playing as Baratheon, and didn't even make it to Hand of the King, let alone Iron Throne. Ended up getting to Wall Multiball, and completed the 3-shots-then-Super-Jackpot-in-the-dragon cycle five times, with multipliers up to 5x active for most of it. It was totally insane and cemented my dislike of the multiplier, lol.

#6620 3 years ago

Crazy enough my highscores are also done with baratheon (or lannister)

fyi: the targaryan advantage (pause timers) does not work on the add-a-ball ballsaver timer during iron throne

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Just to put this into perspective.

Just had a terrible wall multiball with 2x playfield running and only collected one SJP. I got almost 600m from that multiball.

#6622 3 years ago

Does anyone have a set of Stark or Lannister side rails available? I’m after a set for under $200

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone have a set of Stark or Lannister side rails available? I’m after a set for under $200

I bought mine on eBay for 215$ + 70$ customs fees + 65$ shipping cost for France

20200625_140533 (resized).jpg20200625_140533 (resized).jpg
#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

I bought mine on eBay for 215$ + 70$ customs fees + 65$ shipping cost for France
[quoted image]

Cost to Australia from dealers is about the same. I want a cheaper deal than that

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Cost to Australia from dealers is about the same. I want a cheaper deal than that

The biggest bummer is they didn't make a mixed set. So if you have a pro and want the house symbols to match the art, you have to buy two sets. Looks great though...worth the effort. And the premium guys can buy your opposite sides.

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The biggest bummer is they didn't make a mixed set. So if you have a pro and want the house symbols to match the art, you have to buy two sets. Looks great though...worth the effort. And the premium guys can buy your opposite sides.

I’d love to do that. Hence why I asked if anyone had both. I’d be happy to get 1 set to start

#6627 3 years ago

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

I bought some mods and have some questions on just two of them...most of the big stuff is done.

One guy had done a nice comet lighting mod on the upper PF, I cant recall who it was...have a few question for him. I also cant find his post on installing them.

I bought the 8 way splitter from PL for some extra items like the shooter plate, flippers, lighted pinball rod , the cord is small and need advice where to plug it into to have these items power up. I assume of the right sideup front.

Thanks for the help guys.

Machine is looking amazing. SOunds incredible and plays fantastically. Cant wait to dive into this deep code .

Have a great day.

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

1. Yes!
2. Yes! Although I thought the LE came with one? Mine did and if it didn't would be the 1st thing I bought
3. Don't have any aftermarket speakers on any of my pins but I'm about to get that new pinwoofer GT for my SW prem.
4. Battering ram is a PITA to put on and can break easy if you are not careful with instalation. If you have the ram off Throw some super lube on it so it slides easy. Orange plastic protectors look great! I think the pyramid is only for the Pro model?
5. Not sure mine came with the gears flipper tops.
6. Haven't looked at any of his stuff for GoT but I have several of his mods for other games. Very happy with his stuff.
Stern HD glass in all my Stern machines. This is always my 1st aftermarket product I buy and I swear by it. Next to no light reflection. [quoted image]

You were 100% correct on the Battering ram....almost 90 minutes messing with that damn thing. One of the screws was stripped so that delayed us. Putting the plastic back while holding those black washers...PITA. It's done. Whew.

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Help please!!!!!!!!!!
I bought some mods and have some questions on just two of them...most of the big stuff is done.
One guy had done a nice comet lighting mod on the upper PF, I cant recall who it was...have a few question for him. I also cant find his post on installing them.
I bought the 8 way splitter from PL for some extra items like the shooter plate, flippers, lighted pinball rod , the cord is small and need advice where to plug it into to have these items power up. I assume of the right sideup front.
Thanks for the help guys.
Machine is looking amazing. SOunds incredible and plays fantastically. Cant wait to dive into this deep code .
Have a great day.

The mini PF lights was me. Replied to your pm with info and pics. For the distribution board, I mount mine on the side of the cab below the right flipper button. Should be a power supply there. At least there is on SAM games. Have used one of those on spike.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The mini PF lights was me. Replied to your pm with info and pics. For the distribution board, I mount mine on the side of the cab below the right flipper button. Should be a power supply there. At least there is on SAM games. Have used one of those on spike.

Spike PS is in the head.

1 week later
#6631 3 years ago

If someone should be interested, I am having a 18 hole pingolf challenge streaming tomorrow friday at 9 PM CET (norway time), where the 18 hole objective based course is spread across Walking Dead, Iron Maiden and Game of Thrones Open a beer and join in on twitch.tv/drainmorten if you want

121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).png121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).png
1 week later
#6632 3 years ago

I bought a GOT topper. The dragon wings are barely moving. Do these things have clips on them or maybe need adjustment? Any advice would be helpful.

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

The dragon wings are barely moving.

I just picked up a GOT topper and had the same issue. At first I thought it was the springs/clips, but it turned out to be the dragon's tail was pushing down too hard on the wing causing the mech to skip. I used a hair dryer to warm up the tail and bent it upward slightly so it no longer makes contact with the wing. It has been working great ever since. Hope that helps!

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

I just picked up a GOT topper and had the same issue. At first I thought it was the springs/clips, but it turned out to be the dragon's tail was pushing down too hard on the wing causing the mech to skip. I used a hair dryer to warm up the tail and bent it upward slightly so it no longer makes contact with the wing. It has been working great ever since. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much..........how on earth did you figure that out?? Man the knowledge you guys have is incredible.

#6635 3 years ago

Thank you so much..........how on earth did you figure that out?? Man the knowledge you guys have is incredible.

The real question should be, how does a $500 mechanism not have better quality control...

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from ghetoprobe:

Actually I noticed that yesterday. I bet it is the problem! I didn’t even realized it was messed up till this morning. I watched a YouTube video this morning of the topper. Anyways I’ll try and fix it after work. Thank you for the help.

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The real question should be, how does a $500 mechanism not have better quality control...

May not be a QC issue. It could been on truck on hot day and had a tail melt down.

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

May not be a QC issue. It could been on truck on hot day and had a tail melt down.

Film the fix please....

#6639 3 years ago

Film the fix please....

No film just pics. Pull the tail out and use hair dryer or heat gun. Remember you can melt this this thing. Just touch the rubber if it’s super hot time to back off! You have all the time in the world. Just get it off the wing. The fix worked great!

10098E46-91D2-4C50-9087-718C00D766BF (resized).jpeg10098E46-91D2-4C50-9087-718C00D766BF (resized).jpeg4F879401-C604-4290-A4CE-1BFC1B4A788F (resized).jpeg4F879401-C604-4290-A4CE-1BFC1B4A788F (resized).jpeg
#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

No film just pics. Pull the tail out and use hair dryer or heat gun. Remember you can melt this this thing. Just touch the rubber if it’s super hot time to back off! You have all the time in the world. Just get it off the wing. The fix worked great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks.....I get my GOT today ...woohoo...That will be the first fix.

#6641 3 years ago

Thanks.....I get my GOT today ...woohoo...That will be the first fix.

Gratz on the game. After you play it a bunch. You should check out chuckwurt tutorials on YouTube.

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Gratz on the game. After you play it a bunch. You should check out chuckwurt tutorials on YouTube.

Yes to this... rule number 1... ALWAYS soft plunge... rule number 2... see rule number 1.

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

He has been super helpful. I have watched his videos in prepartion for today. Thanks.

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay game is here , most mods are done...2 left....quiet fan and tail. Just to make sure.....use a blow dryer on the tail gently till it releases?

Thanks.

#6645 3 years ago

another question....in attract mode how do you turn on audio or music? is that possible or just lights only?

#6646 3 years ago

Lights only and callouts when you press the flipper buttons.

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lights only and callouts when you press the flipper buttons.

Thanks Chuck, will be watching your gameplay again....need good bourbon.

#6648 3 years ago

Might I recommend some Blantons

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Might I recommend some Blantons

It's limited stock where I live. One bottle per customer per day. I say what more do you need.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's limited stock where I live. One bottle per customer per day. I say what more do you need.

Damn I’m out my liver needs more than that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/133?hl=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.