371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 144.
#6451 3 years ago

You also can make them for zero.

Finding a picture which fits for the plate.
Resizing it.
Printing on photo-paper, laminating front side with something like mylar and the backside with carpet tape. The thin side with edding coloring black.
Done.
1234 (resized).JPG1234 (resized).JPG

#6452 3 years ago

Same with coin door plate.

2345 (resized).JPG2345 (resized).JPG
#6453 3 years ago

Same with sign posts.

3456 (resized).JPG3456 (resized).JPG

4567 (resized).JPG4567 (resized).JPG
#6454 3 years ago

And my best low budget mod is this.

5678 (resized).JPG5678 (resized).JPG
#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Resizing it.
Printing on photo-paper, laminating front side with something like mylar and the backside with carpet tape. The thin side with edding coloring black.
Done.
[quoted image]

Doesn't look anywhere near as nice.

#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't look anywhere near as nice.

OK. For me it was good enough, do not look gift horses in the mouth .

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

OK. For me it was good enough, do not look gift horses in the mouth .

I'm all for DIY, and you're the only person you have to please when it comes to your machine, so that's all that matters in the end.

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm all for DIY, and you're the only person you have to please when it comes to your machine, so that's all that matters in the end.

Enjoying all these small mods....big ones out the way....might have to find a spot for john.....he needs a 1 LED like I did on catwomen...lol.

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ColorDMD is mandatory for GoT, IMO. The topper is also one of the nicest Stern has done.
I'd also get the little sticker with the proclamation that goes on the sword lock. It's a small detail, but finishes that area.
HD Glass is another plus. The the GoT LEs come with it?

I agree with the sticker. A nice little touch. I don't think the LE came with the HD glass back then. I know I bought mine separately.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6309

#6460 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

I agree with the sticker. A nice little touch. I don't think the LE came with the HD glass back then. I know I bought mine separately.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6309

Yeah its not HD glass. I found some at 3 sources all the same price. Guess it doesn't matter who to use.

#6461 3 years ago

Quick question guys....is the instruction card area on GOT same size as other sterns like BM66 and JP? I am customizing some cards with magnets to go into those spot.

I think I will do a nudie in the middle of our Khaleesi , breaker of chains, queen of the dragons..lol

Thanks....

#6462 3 years ago

I believe it’s the same size.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Resizing it.
Done.
[quoted image]

I think this looks great. I think the sword sticker is much less important than the spinner sticker though, which is a must have. I can pass on the sword sticker. Especially on the Premium. The text is mainly black on blue background....too hard to read.

20200719_115700 (resized).jpg20200719_115700 (resized).jpg

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe it’s the same size.

Thank you Sir.

#6465 3 years ago

What you guys think of my coin door magnet and Apron cards.

I have a 4th image I love, will keep it and use it one day for the Rated PG people...lol

apron (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpgbest (resized).jpgbest (resized).jpgcoindoor (resized).jpgcoindoor (resized).jpg
#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joining this awesome club/thread as a soon to be LE owner. SO excited as my wife loved the show so much that she will freak out when she sees this little present .....she likes pinball but this is going to take it over the top. I hope I can get some playing time..HAHA. She will have the rules down and teach me what to do...going to be a fun ride .
In anticipation of it coming soon I am going on a MOD shopping spree . I have gone thru about 50 pages and seen some cool mods but I am sure I missed some from these amazing talented mod guys.
What you think of my list so far?
1) Color LCD DMD.
2) Topper from Stern..wifey knows all the families...be cool to see them all on the topper.
3) pinwoofer new bad ass super amp/kit system. Dude your new kit looks sick.
4) Mezelmods battering ram, plastic protectors and Pyramid for the dragon.
5) ulekstore always has some fun stuff....flames and flipper decals , just cant decide which ones for the flippers..one set for winter and one set for summer.
6) modfather pinball ...the walls are kick ass, ramp swords and flags, gear mods and one 3 eyed RAVEN. undecided on the GOT decals...
I know I am missing a few mod peeps who I have used on my other 3 pins but that will come to me one day.
Any advice on some items that were made in small batches that would be great to see , please post or message me.
Have an awesome weekend.. Party at my house one day, steaks and cognac on me. dallas_pin not for you. lol

The only mod(s) I don't really see mentioned already are:
- I like the shaker motor. The Pinwoofer kit will give you a lot of good shaking though so may not be as noticeable with that installed. I like it for the shake when the ram is hit and also for Dragon shots.
- Put some 3 LED light strips under the plastics in the upper PF. Looks SO much better with them lit by the flippers.
- Speaking of flippers. I put lightening ones on the mini PF. Made the upper PF more challenging which was a good thing as it can be rather easy (which in turn can make it dull to play) and cosmetically they line up better with the gap. I couldn't stand how the flippers stuck out past the center drain gap.
- Not sure whom sold it but the castle sticker on that upper PF drain helps tie things in well.

Pic showing the lit up plastics and lightening flippers.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The only mod(s) I don't really see mentioned already are:
- I like the shaker motor. The Pinwoofer kit will give you a lot of good shaking though so may not be as noticeable with that installed. I like it for the shake when the ram is hit and also for Dragon shots.
- Put some 3 LED light strips under the plastics in the upper PF. Looks SO much better with them lit by the flippers.
- Speaking of flippers. I put lightening ones on the mini PF. Made the upper PF more challenging which was a good thing as it can be rather easy (which in turn can make it dull to play) and cosmetically they line up better with the gap. I couldn't stand how the flippers stuck out past the center drain gap.
- Not sure whom sold it but the castle sticker on that upper PF drain helps tie things in well.
Pic showing the lit up plastics and lightening flippers.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the tips.

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just joined the club with a nice solid Pro. I plan to add the topper and a colour dmd, any other mods a must have for GOT Pro?

I think the color DMD is a must for this game. Graphics actually make a little more sense. I bought NIB Pro from the reissue in March. Got lucky to find one here with distributor in iowa. I have add the following

1) directional signs, no picture, but think of a old wood sign pointing in all different directions, basically has all the lands covered.
2) Post flags for lannister and stark
3) I but ghost right above the battering ram basically appears to be howling at the lannister flag
4) colored plastic protectors yellow on the slingshots and orange on the outlanes( this is one of my favorites)
5) metal gears that install and the bottom of the outlanes, Had to use some glue so they would move after installation but no glue directly onto the game
6) change the sword out
7) have a white walker coming.
8) plunger even though never use it
9) have a coin door decal coming as well.
10) Modfathers cup holders are on all 3 of my games and really go well with all of them. Deadpool, GOT and Wonka LE

Most of my mods are pure decoration and try to do small things to make big impression

#6470 3 years ago

I was looking through options last night. Has anyone put the "directors cut" on?

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I was looking through options last night. Has anyone put the "directors cut" on?

I don’t think Dwight set that up.

#6472 3 years ago

Can someone help me find who sells the cool stickers , plastics for the Upper PF. no luck so far .

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I think the color DMD is a must for this game. Graphics actually make a little more sense. I bought NIB Pro from the reissue in March. Got lucky to find one here with distributor in iowa. I have add the following
1) directional signs, no picture, but think of a old wood sign pointing in all different directions, basically has all the lands covered.
3) I but ghost right above the battering ram basically appears to be howling at the lannister flag
4) colored plastic protectors yellow on the slingshots and orange on the outlanes( this is one of my favorites)
5) metal gears that install and the bottom of the outlanes, Had to use some glue so they would move after installation but no glue directly onto the game
6) change the sword out
10) Modfathers cup holders are on all 3 of my games and really go well with all of them. Deadpool, GOT and Wonka LE
Most of my mods are pure decoration and try to do small things to make big impression

Who has the sword?? and metal gears? plunger? Where can i get these>>? tytyty

#6474 3 years ago

Who has the sword??

Dress up the stock sword. None of the aftermarket ones hold up if you play a lot.

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dress up the stock sword. None of the aftermarket ones hold up if you play a lot.

Damn we need some shows to open....I miss all the action-vendors-beer-cool pinheads....crazy !!!

#6476 3 years ago

Damn we need some shows to open....I miss all the action-vendors-beer-cool pinheads....crazy !!!

Yep. The best part about Pincinnati is just seeing all the people. 2020 is the year pinball didn’t exist publicly. Haha

#6477 3 years ago

Can someone help me find who sells the cool stickers , plastics for the Upper PF. no luck so far .

Pretty sure it was capguntrooper that did the castle sticker. Maybe ping him - https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/capguntrooper/forum

What upper PF plastics are you looking for?

The sword is stupid easy to do yourself. All you need is some heat shrink tube, copper wire and some brass/gold paint. Take the sword off, tape off the end of it so only the handle is visible and paint it with the gold/copper color paint. Then take some heat shrink tube, cut it to the length of the handle and slide it over the handle. Use some heat to shrink it to the handle. Then take the copper wire and wrap it around the handle a couple of times. I'd say to send me yours in the mail and I'd do it and return it to you but knowing my luck, the dang post office would lose it when I sent it back.

#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pretty sure it was capguntrooper that did the castle sticker. Maybe ping him - https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/capguntrooper/forum
What upper PF plastics are you looking for?

The sword is stupid easy to do yourself. All you need is some heat shrink tube, copper wire and some brass/gold paint. Take the sword off, tape off the end of it so only the handle is visible and paint it with the gold/copper color paint. Then take some heat shrink tube, cut it to the length of the handle and slide it over the handle. Use some heat to shrink it to the handle. Then take the copper wire and wrap it around the handle a couple of times. I'd say to send me yours in the mail and I'd do it and return it to you but knowing my luck, the dang post office would lose it when I sent it back.

Beer on me, deal. It will be awhile but I want it..LOL. TY for the offer.

#6479 3 years ago

Modfather for the gears.

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

6) change the sword out

You never use the plunger? You MUST soft plunge on this game... has chuckwurt taught you nothing?!?!?

#6481 3 years ago

Come on people. It’s literally covered in the first 5 minutes of my walkthrough! Haha

#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come on people. It’s literally covered in the first 5 minutes of my walkthrough! Haha

Ya, it's all about not validating the playfield.

#6483 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya, it's all about not validating the playfield.

Totally agree and I hate my stock plunger, only other I’ve seen is the dragon claw which doesn’t tickle my fancy. What other options do I have for a cool plunger?

#6484 3 years ago

Also, any way of modifying the Pro so that when you hit the dragon shot for mystery award the ball doesn’t trickle out and go sdtm?

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Also, any way of modifying the Pro so that when you hit the dragon shot for mystery award the ball doesn’t trickle out and go sdtm?

Yeah, it should be going to the left flipper. Make sure that the target at the entrance is not leaning to the right and the ball is hitting it. If that is not the case, make sure the ball guide is as far to the left as possible and their isn't a lip on it (from the ball possibly hitting it). If their is a lip on it, file it down.

This is assuming your game is level too.

4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Totally agree and I hate my stock plunger, only other I’ve seen is the dragon claw which doesn’t tickle my fancy. What other options do I have for a cool plunger?

I bought the Valar Morghulis coin for my plunger.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You never use the plunger? You MUST soft plunge on this game... has chuckwurt taught you nothing?!?!?

I thought that was only in the premium. I need to soft plunge on the pro? Maybe I need to get a tutorial

#6488 3 years ago

I'd actually argue that short plunging on the pro is more important than the prem/le.

On the prem/le with a full plunge it will go to the top playfield and you can possibly complete one of you Castle stages to get to castle MB. But on a pro, lighting your locks before even registering the PF far outweighs the skill shot value you get from a full plunge.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I thought that was only in the premium. I need to soft plunge on the pro? Maybe I need to get a tutorial

Premium has more to it so sometimes you want to hit a full plunge and get to the upper playfield (or short plunge to save that upper playfield feed for later)

On the pro, zero excuses to ever full plunge on that game. See video one in this playlist for more information. video 6 covers the changes in the new code that apply to the Pro and Premium.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkfeetnClaXkEdfrfe1IVDMunDwD7p5Vk

#6490 3 years ago

I've been playing a lot as Baratheon lately, which makes Wall Multiball easier to get into. Being the pro qualifies Wall at the top lanes, that is one situation where a full plunge can have an advantage. Plus my machine is very friendly with the feed, allowing for an easy catch, so I have never really looked at a full plunge as being dangerous. From there I use my ball save time to light Lord of Light, which is more valuable to me than lighting lock (and the rebound usually give me both anyway). It USUALLY works out well.

#6491 3 years ago

It has nothing to do with the danger of the plunge. A full plunge and a short plunge have the exact same feed.

It solely has to do with playfield validation.

For example:

Lock a ball. Short plunge to a catch on either flipper. You try and shoot a ramp, brick and go SDTM. You get the ball back. Had you done that after a full plunge, you dead.

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Premium has more to it so sometimes you want to hit a full plunge and get to the upper playfield (or short plunge to save that upper playfield feed for later)

What scenarios on the Premium/LE do you see for a full plunge? If you're playing for points and want to get Castle MB to rack up some points and beat your opponents? I always soft plunge, but sometimes think about it if I am in the middle of a mode, and qualify a lock. Then if I have never been to the upper playfield (which I haven't due to short plunges), I could use it to get up there and collect a castle.

Any other times anyone recommends doing that?

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from atum:

What scenarios on the Premium/LE do you see for a full plunge? If you're playing for points and want to get Castle MB to rack up some points and beat your opponents? I always soft plunge, but sometimes think about it if I am in the middle of a mode, and qualify a lock. Then if I have never been to the upper playfield (which I haven't due to short plunges), I could use it to get up there and collect a castle.
Any other times anyone recommends doing that?

That’s when I do it, or if I’m close to castle MB and want to start that. I usually make that determination at the start of the ball though.

#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It has nothing to do with the danger of the plunge. A full plunge and a short plunge have the exact same feed.
It solely has to do with playfield validation.
For example:
Lock a ball. Short plunge to a catch on either flipper. You try and shoot a ramp, brick and go SDTM. You get the ball back. Had you done that after a full plunge, you dead.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6495 3 years ago

PinballCharlie

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1139-pinworlds/02418-wolf-vs-lion-lighted-sling-blades-for-game-of-thrones

This guy has some solid mods for GOT that I gaze at while playing in between tough games after a hard work day. I also added the glow in the dark titan rubbers and I’m impressed with the speed. GOT pro and BSD are never leaving my line up EVER.
94A485FD-338D-4429-BA4E-BBCFB0062C80 (resized).jpeg94A485FD-338D-4429-BA4E-BBCFB0062C80 (resized).jpeg

873C253A-5746-4757-9043-97E1BC7C3489 (resized).jpeg873C253A-5746-4757-9043-97E1BC7C3489 (resized).jpeg
#6496 3 years ago

Been waiting 3 weeks to get mine shopped. Just took the plunge myself for the 1st attempt ever. Wish me luck getting this beast back together!

20200722_224801 (resized).jpg20200722_224801 (resized).jpg20200722_224811 (resized).jpg20200722_224811 (resized).jpg
#6497 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

pinballcharlie
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1139-pinworlds/02418-wolf-vs-lion-lighted-sling-blades-for-game-of-thrones
This guy has some solid mods for GOT that I gaze at while playing in between tough games after a hard work day. I also added the glow in the dark titan rubbers and I’m impressed with the speed. GOT pro and BSD are never leaving my line up EVER.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Already ordered and received . Thanks .

#6498 3 years ago

No luck on upper pf stickers for front and top of flipper area .

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Been waiting 3 weeks to get mine shopped. Just took the plunge myself for the 1st attempt ever. Wish me luck getting this beast back together!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its not to bad. If you get stuck just post up for help. I'm sure you are already but just in case you aren't, pull the ram out. Those wheels need cleaning too and the PF under it could use some wax. Just helps it slide better and register more consistently.

#6500 3 years ago

Okay lets start the voting....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/00068-slingshot-amp-return-lane-protector-set-for-game-of-thrones

I cant decide what color set to buy....I am changing the flipper buttons to gold/yellow/amber as well as the lighted shooter plate and buying the lighted shooter rod ..have it on another machine and love it. Best 20 bucks buy PITA to install. Trying to stay in theme with art work...

Thanks for the help and opinions..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/130?hl=antron77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.