371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.
#601 8 years ago

I got to the Iron Throne tonight. About 2 billion in scoring. I had all the houses flashing on ball one, then started knocking them out, two at a time. After 4 tries got the dragon house finished which was the final house to the Iron Throne.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Well the ball got stuck again. Here is a pic of it. I'm going to leave the ball there and add another to the game until I can figure out a better fix. image.jpeg

Remove that plastic protector.Or maybe move it up an inch.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got to the Iron Throne tonight. About 2 billion in scoring. I had all the houses flashing on ball one, then started knocking them out, two at a time. After 4 tries got the dragon house finished which was the final house to the Iron Throne.

Awesome! Can't wait for my Pro! I would have the unfortunate luck of buying my first NIB when stern has weird delays in making their games. Haha. I plan to buy a lot of mods so keep them coming!

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Bastard.

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Well the ball got stuck again. Here is a pic of it. I'm going to leave the ball there and add another to the game until I can figure out a better fix. image.jpeg

I wonder if your wireform ramp needs adjusting or a little realignment by loosening screws, adjust and tighten?

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We see this happen, but it does seem crazy to me. If you're not planning to hang onto it for a year then you should buy it IN a year when the software has matured and you play the full game at least.

It happens a bunch. Some people just go through machines quickly. I always assume they are a lot better players than I am. They get a game and rip through everything it has to offer, and then they are bored with it. Meanwhile I struggle to complete modes.

My normal solution to beating a game quickly is to set it up harder. Do I always complete that 30 second mode? I'll reset the timer to 25. I like to keep my games on the edge of my playing abilities. They seem to last a lot longer that way.

And just like Boob and you said, this code is in its infancy. But I'm liking it so far. Of course I keep failing to finish houses.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The flippers are almost too strong on GoT. I have mine at about 7 degrees for this reason.

Did you wax your game?

Rob

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know how you can sell a game when the code is still in its infancy.

I sold my KISS and have not looked back. I want to see KISS get better, but in the meantime I like having GoT instead of KISS.

Rob

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I sold my KISS and have not looked back. I want to see KISS get better, but in the meantime I like having GoT instead of KISS.
Rob

But that one's not getting better. So...you know...good call.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But that one's not getting better. So...you know...good call.

I'm thinking GoT gets another update for Christmas too.

Rob

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm thinking GoT gets another update for Christmas too.
Rob

I hope if fixes a couple of the mode issues...
I still enjoy the heck out of my pro.

I wish there was a less expensive alternate topper for the game...

#612 8 years ago

Maybe Joe at Laseriffic has something in the works

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wonder if your wireform ramp needs adjusting or a little realignment by loosening screws, adjust and tighten?

I will take a look at this, I really don't like the look of the metal. So maybe an improved design with something that ties into the game. I'm listening.

#614 8 years ago

I really do like getting to know a new game. And GOT is fitting right into my lineup. I played it on location, but I'm starting to get the flavor more now that it is in my house. And it's the simple stuff. Just learning how the game works. How to start things, how to qualify houses to pick. I'm doing a lot on Martell right now just because of the Multiball restart feature of that house. And it is hitting that great time where things become a little less random to me. All of a sudden I know why the game is offering me certain houses for battle. And when I battle them I'm doing my best, but failing often.

I just like this spot of ownership of a pin. The curiosity of why I failed a task, and trying to line it up for another chance. And so far, I'm liking GOT.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know how you can sell a game when the code is still in its infancy.

This isn't your typical stern release with a 2 year code cycle. The codes about done. It's definitely not in its infancy.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Do you think it's possible that the software will adventually make this game feel unique enough to keep in a collection, or is it a lost cause? ... Do you usually find that games become repetitive so quickly?

I think software is about done. They spent time on a video mode instead of figuring out other ways to make the game more interesting. Dwight posted a 5 page summary on strategy. The code is decent but I feel it's about done and I've seen most of what there is.

Other games don't lose their umph so soon for me. I'll keep this a bit longer but we will see.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This isn't your typical stern release with a 2 year code cycle. The codes about done. It's definitely not in its infancy.

Has to be. It's version--what?--1.01 or something for the LE? There's stuff that's not even implemented well yet (like collecting castles or the upper playfield). And the callouts are ridiculously redundant (as are the clips). There's gotta be quite a bit more. The pro may be pretty well fleshed out, but no way the LE is nearly done.

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Has to be. It's version--what?--1.01 or something for the LE? There's stuff that's not even implemented well yet (like collecting castles or the upper playfield). And the callouts are ridiculously redundant (as are the clips). There's gotta be quite a bit more. The pro may be pretty well fleshed out, but no way the LE is nearly done.

Version numbers don't mean anything at all. In fact, it probably differs wildly based on which developer is leading the project. I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Version numbers don't mean anything at all. In fact, it probably differs wildly based on which developer is leading the project. I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

Well, in that case, I'll have an LE for sale sometime in the next 6 months.

#619 8 years ago

I can see them adding a patch to play as Targaryen somewhere down the road. I doubt they are done improving the game.

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wouldn't expect more callouts. I'm not sure what isn't done on the upper pf, but the rules are all in and the wizard mode is done. Maybe be some super small changes coming. But I would consider this one mostly done as is with minor improvements - definitely not in its infancy.

I understand that this is just your opinion man, but you really come off sounding like Kaneda with this statement. (Unless of course you work at Stern and have inside information)

#621 8 years ago

Shots are just too safe on the pro. It's a 180 to the layouts of TWD and MET and is going to get boring for a lot of players with excessive game times. Theme is decent as are the rules, just a boring and safe layout. I don't see how this changes with the Prem/LE. The one I play on location may just be set up to easily but I've put up 3+ billion without really understanding the more nuanced parts of the rules, seems almost early ST code.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Shots are just too safe on the pro. It's a 180 to the layouts of TWD and MET and is going to get boring for a lot of players with excessive game times. Theme is decent as are the rules, just a boring and safe layout. I don't see how this changes with the Prem/LE. The one I play on location may just be set up to easily but I've put up 3+ billion without really understanding the more nuanced parts of the rules, seems almost early ST code.

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE. Those gold targets almost always shoot the ball SDTM, and I've had many times when the sling bounces the ball right to the outlane. Brutal game...and that's before the ball dribbles out of a bricked lock shot or battering ram.

#623 8 years ago

I like how the shots are safe IF you make them. If you hit the posts your bill is out of control immediately. My scores are all over the place with this game. Once I get one in my house I'm sure I'll have to set it up harder, but not too worried about it. I think the shots on ST are safer as their entrances are further away from the player. I feel like that game more often than not I have very long ball times. Not a bad thing, just happens more often for me with ST than GOT.

#624 8 years ago

I also think that in a two game collection this and either TWD or MET would be a perfect pair.

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE. Those gold targets almost always shoot the ball SDTM, and I've had many times when the sling bounces the ball right to the outlane. Brutal game...and that's before the ball dribbles out of a bricked lock shot or battering ram.

Are the gold targets the drops on the left?

#626 8 years ago

They are the post targets between the orbits, dragon shot and ramps.

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

They are the post targets between the orbits, dragon shot and ramps.

Is there a reason to shoot those outside of a MB?

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

They are what earn you gold to spend in the mystery dragon shot or mystery throne shot. If you choose Lannister as your house they are worth more. Also the Lannister mode requires you to hit those targets to lit the mode shots that you need to make to complete the mode. Not sure they have a purpose in MB?

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Well, the most obvious answer is a missed shot!

However, I will shoot them during Lannister mode, even in single ball play. I just aim only for certain ones and try to nick them on the sides instead of hitting straight on.

#630 8 years ago

I find my ball times are quite a bit longer on GoTLE than ST and twdle. And to me that's a good thing. I feel like I'm actaully progressing in the game. There is so much to do when not battling a house

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes. When you were aiming for a ramp or orbit...and missed.

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Crap. Just saw your post. I hate when I'm late!

#633 8 years ago

Only my second machine but I noticed the outline posts were set to widest gap. Was going to change them at least to the middle setting but thinking I'll leave them to keep a little more challenge. Ball drains a lot there.

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

However, I will shoot them during Lannister mode, even in single ball play. I just aim only for certain ones and try to nick them on the sides instead of hitting straight on.

I'm pretty sure I just started a MB while in Lannister and was able to knock out those shots. Outside of that it didn't seem like the risk/reward was there for shooting for them.

#635 8 years ago

I changed them to the middle setting (which is where I put all my machines). Makes no difference. Those outlanes still seem a mile wide when you play the game. Try changing them and see what I mean. Your scores won't go up, trust me...

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Only my second machine but I noticed the outline posts were set to widest gap. Was going to change them at least to the middle setting but thinking I'll leave them to keep a little more challenge. Ball drains a lot there.

Stern changed the default to wide open on the later GOT machines. The ball times were too long on location and people were just killing the game. They also changed the default score for a replay, again because people were killing it and it wasn't boosting fast enough. This game has a VERY wide scoring gap between a good game and a great game.

As for mine, now that I have a better grasp of the rules I like the game. It is nice and fast, and I almost scream at my hands for not hitting the correct shots. Yes, if you can flail away and keep the ball in play, you do well on GOT. That seems to be the way they programmed it. But when you know the shot you need, and can't hit it... that is kind of fun for me. The multipliers go to insane levels when you line them up correctly.

I am having issues with alliances though. If I am going against two houses at a time, the odds are I won't complete either. I seem to do much better picking them off one at a time in a more focused manner.

And maybe that is why I am enjoying the game. I can figure out what I need to do, but I have a bit of a problem doing it. I'm reminded of how I would get stuck in other games. Like Tron in the Light Cycles. I know exactly how to complete it... but it is a rare event that I do. Or back before I Destroyed the Ring years ago... just hit these 4 shots, put a ball in the ring, and then hit that ball out with another... sounds so easy.

So really there are two conclusions I can come to from that. (1) Other people are MUCH better players than I am. They hit every shot they aim for and have a firm grasp of every rule in the game. They go through games quickly because the shots are so easy for them that they just hit them with no emotion and the game gets boring. Or (2) They setup their games a lot easier than I do.

There may be other conclusions, but those are the two main ones I came up with.

#637 8 years ago

I just moved my outlanes to the middle position. My best score on my machine was only 600 million. I immediately saw the ball bounce a little more on the outlanes, so they have some effect.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So really there are two conclusions I can come to from that. (1) Other people are MUCH better players than I am. They hit every shot they aim for and have a firm grasp of every rule in the game. They go through games quickly because the shots are so easy for them that they just hit them with no emotion and the game gets boring.

I am not one of those players myself, but the problem is that you don't need a firm grasp from what I can tell. My friend tried the Pro (at Button Mash if you're in LA) for the first time, he told me he walked away with two free games left, he just got bored. He's a lot more of an accurate shot than I am though. Just not enough risk for good players.

This is why Keith Elwin is putting up 22 billion scores.

Not sure how you fix that in code. Might just be a better causal player game than good player game.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure how you fix that in code. Might just be a better causal player game than good player game.

While it doesn't necessarily make it harder, I would like to see some depth added to the house modes possibly similar to Star Trek where each house has 2-3 levels to beat it. I am an average player at best and got ro Hand Of the King the first day I had it and got to iron throne just the other day as well. Need more depth or things to accomplish to make those harder to get to IMO.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am not one of those players myself, but the problem is that you don't need a firm grasp from what I can tell. My friend tried the Pro (at Button Mash if you're in LA) for the first time, he told me he walked away with two free games left, he just got bored. He's a lot more of an accurate shot than I am though. Just not enough risk for good players.

On the LE, I find the shots pretty tough...especially on the upper playfield. It's amazing how precise you have to be with slim targets that are only 8 inches away. Every time I think I've mastered a shot, I end up shooting it down the drain hole instead of hitting a target. This is by no means the easiest game I own (that award still goes to Congo).

#641 8 years ago

Our first day with it my son and I put 80 games or so in. Set all the house scores between 250 and 450 or so and 88 mil on Winter is coming. Had a ton of 35 mil scores in there too though! Only complaint is the right ramp messes up a bit at the top and the ball doesn't pass through to the gates or bumpers. Not sure it's mine or widespread.

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, I'm not a terrible player by any means, but ball times are pretty short on the LE.

Are you sure? Haven't played the LE but Pro times are long. I ASSume LE would only get longer with upper PF?

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I understand that this is just your opinion man, but you really come off sounding like Kaneda with this statement. (Unless of course you work at Stern and have inside information)

Code was shipped complete remember?

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you sure? Haven't played the LE but Pro times are long. I ASSume LE would only get longer with upper PF?

Well...I guess you nailed it, then. I suck.

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I guess you nailed it, then. I suck.

Well we were all thinking it...someone had to say it

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Immediate fix to make the game challenging for good players, with more reasonable times for ops:
Easy = remove the outlane post rubbers
Also easy = remove the outlane posts entirely
Easy = change Lord of Light settings to difficult
Easy = turn off EB's, or limit it to one EB per game.

More difficult = maybe GOT is a good candidate for lightning flippers?

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Immediate fix to make the game challenging for good players, with more reasonable times for ops:

Does the game ship with black rubbers?

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does the game ship with black rubbers?

It does. And I'm nowhere near ready to swap it out for white yet.

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

More difficult = maybe GOT is a good candidate for lightning flippers?

I think you just nailed it with this comment Snailman! I had a BDK that everyone said you'll hate it cause of the long ball times. Opened the outlanes, added LIGHTNING FLIPPERS and wham! BDK is one of the most fun pins ive ever owned to this day because of that. I even had lightning flippers on my SM and was loving that game at the time when i had them. I sometimes hit myself for putting regular bats back on, then selling the game a week later cause i hated the long ball times again (should have put the lightning flippers back on, doh!).

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think you just nailed it with this comment Snailman! I had a BDK that everyone said you'll hate it cause of the long ball times. Opened the outlanes, added LIGHTNING FLIPPERS and wham! BDK is one of the most fun pins ive ever owned to this day because of that. I even had lightning flippers on my SM and was loving that game at the time when i had them. I sometimes hit myself for putting regular bats back on, then selling the game a week later cause i hated the long ball times again (should have put the lightning flippers back on, doh!).

Yeah, but how long did that BDK last after the ooh shiny wore off for you?

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, but how long did that BDK last after the ooh shiny wore off for you?

Fun factor top notch. Everything else was craptastic; and that stuff does irritate me for long term (sound, art, theme integration, etc...). So while I didn't want to sell my bdk at the time, an opportunity came up to trade it for a met premium and I jumped on it.

Now that I think about it, I think one other pin had a higher fun factor than bdk but also lacked in other areas as mentioned and that's BBH. That darn buck has got to be the funnest toy in pinball. Way better than the crane too cause of its randomness whereas the crane had fixed programming assignments.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.