371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 144.
#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone having issues of the pinballs coming off ramp on premium? Started with last code update. There are times a ball will drop onto playfield to make it a two ball multiball when it should not be. Stern told me to reinstall code, but it did not fix problem.

Are you talking about the sword lock? Yes I had this issue intermittently even after the latest code update. I made sure to let Dwight know and put my game on virtual locks for now.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone having issues of the pinballs coming off ramp on premium? Started with last code update. There are times a ball will drop onto playfield to make it a two ball multiball when it should not be. Stern told me to reinstall code, but it did not fix problem.

Do you mean the sword lock is releasing the ball at the same time one is put in the shooter lane?

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you talking about the sword lock? Yes I had this issue intermittently even after the latest code update. I made sure to let Dwight know and put my game on virtual locks for now.

If you are talking about the sword lock like chuckwurt mentioned, I have had this happen a handful of times as well. I'm also running the latest code.

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Slo-mo video record the area just before it comes off the ramp with an iphone and then review. That should tell you what's happening.

For the two ball thing, do you mean the sword lock is letting two balls out instead of one when it shouldn't? If so, maybe the post is sticking or sluggish. Check that it moves freely by hand.

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the two ball thing, do you mean the sword lock is letting two balls out instead of one when it shouldn't? If so, maybe the post is sticking or sluggish. Check that it moves freely by hand.

As far as I know, everyone is having issues with 2 balls in play when not in multiball since the last code release.

The sword lock will let a second ball out occasionally

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

As far as I know, everyone is having issues with 2 balls in play when not in multiball since the last code release.

Ah. We have it on location some distance away so I haven't had a chance to play it much since the last code update so I haven't seen that as a side-effect of the code update.

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The main times that I see this is when I hit the left ramp twice quickly. The sword pushes the first ball down past the post and retains the second ball back (kicks it up the a bit when the sword hits it). If the released ball drops quickly down the ramp and you hit the left ramp again before the other ball comes to rest on the ramp, it settles with a ball on both rollovers (slot 1 and 2) and it then drops the post without dropping the sword. This causes for all balls to be released, instead of just 1.

This also happens during Blackwater MB. If you hit the left ramp in certain modes, it will register three balls in and drop just one. It then has two, but should only have 1, as it never registered. This then results in the sword not lowering with the post and all remaining balls are released. This is either 2 or 3 depending on how many times you made the left ramp before hitting another switch to register that the ball is indeed in play.

#6308 4 years ago

Yeah it’s just an issue with the timing of the switches and when the sword releases balls. It was improved greatly with the latest release. Just needs one final tweak to be perfect imo.

#6309 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s just an issue with the timing of the switches and when the sword releases balls. It was improved greatly with the latest release. Just needs one final tweak to be perfect imo.

I agree, 1.37 was much better than 1.36! However, I never had any issues with 1.34 ever releasing a ball incorrectly from the sword lock.

#6310 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I agree, 1.37 was much better than 1.36! However, I never had any issues with 1.34 ever releasing a ball incorrectly from the sword lock.

I did. It was rare, but it happened.

1 month later
#6311 4 years ago

Back in the Club with a Pro and the new run Of GOTpro.
It was used and has a ton of scores i need to reset .
how does one reset all the HSTD , i looked in the Manual and do not see this option .
Anyone know the answer?

i tried factory reset but that only put it back to no free play and will award extra balls and stuff i changed in settings and not the high scores

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Back in the Club with a Pro and the new run Of GOTpro.
It was used and has a ton of scores i need to reset .
how does one reset all the HSTD , i looked in the Manual and do not see this option .
Anyone know the answer?
i tried factory reset but that only put it back to no free play and will award extra balls and stuff i changed in settings and not the high scores

237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
#6313 4 years ago

Thanks very much ,, On to play

#6314 4 years ago

The title of this thread always makes me smile. Every time it gets bumped up, I think to myself "yes...yes it does". I lean towards the pro, but all of them are awesome machines. Probably my all time favorite, or very close to it.

1 week later
#6315 4 years ago

I’ve had game if thrones pro for 2 years now and from the beginning the flipper release from a hold was very delayed making it hard to transfer the ball from one flipper to the next. I have made the gap bigger for both flipper switches but it doesn’t help. I can completely remove my finger from the flipper button and push it immediately back down and the flipper never comes down. Any ideas?

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve had game if thrones pro for 2 years now and from the beginning the flipper release from a hold was very delayed making it hard to transfer the ball from one flipper to the next. I have made the gap bigger for both flipper switches but it doesn’t help. I can completely remove my finger from the flipper button and push it immediately back down and the flipper never comes down. Any ideas?

You want to narrow the at-rest gap, not widen it, and have the leaves of the switch as close to the button as possible so it becomes very sensitive to press and release. Post a picture of your switch for each flipper.

#6317 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You want to narrow the gap, not widen it, so it becomes very sensitive to press and release. Post a picture of your switch for each flipper.

That seems backwards to me as the closer the gap the sooner the flipper would engage as you push the button. Meaning if you have the button compressed/pushed in the further it would have to travel to disengage the flipper leaving it in its hold position longer which is the problem.

Sometimes what I’m trying to say makes so much sense in my head, yet I get confused reading my own posts.
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That seems backwards to me as the closer the gap the sooner the flipper would engage as you push the button. Meaning if you have the button compressed/pushed in the further it would have to travel to disengage the flipper leaving it in its hold position longer which is the problem.
Sometimes what I’m trying to say makes so much sense in my head, yet I get confused reading my own posts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that gap is too wide, but your switch contacts may also be messed up. They don't look flat. Are they?

To post pass, you only have to lose switch contact for a micro second, so the gap may look too small, but it's not. The one you have now is too wide, IMO. You basically are playing with two variables, the gap of the switches and the DISTANCE of the switch pair from the flipper button post.

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that gap is too wide, but your switch contacts may also be messed up. They don't look flat. Are they?
To post pass, you only have to lose switch contact for a micro second, so the gap may look too small, but it's not.

This is what’s odd to me. I can release the button completely and immediately press it again and the flipper doesn’t come down. I did this with the playfield raised and watched the switch through it’s full motion. The flipper doesn’t drop slowly like there is a mechanical bind it is just delayed in releasing the hold.

#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is what’s odd to me. I can release the button completely and immediately press it again and the flipper doesn’t come down. I did this with the playfield raised and watched the switch through it’s full motion. The flipper doesn’t drop slowly like there is a mechanical bind it is just delayed in releasing the hold.

Sounds like your coil stop is busted. A Stern low play special feature. Did you check that?

Pinball life ones are more durable. Should probably have a few on hand to replace the crappy stock Stern ones:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like your coil stop is busted. A Stern low play special feature. Did you check that?
Pinball life ones are more durable. Should probably have a few on hand to replace the crappy stock Stern ones:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

I have not. I will and report back regardless. Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it.

#6322 4 years ago

I've had this issue to, replacing the coil stops solved it for me. There were coil stops installed where the stop is a different (gold like) metal than the rest of the holder. It got magnatized somehow.

#6323 4 years ago

Is there a complete list of Flipper codes for GOT? Thx

#6324 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is there a complete list of Flipper codes for GOT? Thx

Nope but here’s the ones I know of:

AAA (I think)
ABC
XAQ
ERW

All the beta testers have codes so if you can figure out what all the beta testers initials are I’m sure those would pop up some other things.

#6325 4 years ago

The beta testers are part of the credits. To roll the credits do the ABC flipper code.

#6326 4 years ago

The full list of what is in the 1.37 firmware is:
1 2 3 Credits
3 3 3 Hello World
8 4 7 Game Serial number
then there are lots of shouts to the testers and helpers, Deadflip and Dwight himself:
451, 714, 20 20 21, 19 11 2, 7 24 8, 625, 631, 5 18 23, 13 10 4, 4 19 4, 18 15 14
as well as some diagnostic codes that do not work (maybe the functions are not built into production code):
491, 6 14 6, 2 12 11
I love easter eggs and I really like that Dwight used them to thank so many people!

However I do miss the mows, cows and other silly stuff of the old days

#6327 4 years ago

Dang! We’re these in the readme file or did you figure them all out?

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang! We’re these in the readme file or did you figure them all out?

It's in the ROM, unencrypted.

#6329 4 years ago

I've spent days testing them all out, one by one!

No, just kidding. You can extract the Linux image from the game code files, in there is a game executable that can be browsed with a standard disassembler. Just look for easter_egg_table_data, in there are code_list_ee_xxx entries.
Guess this will work for all Spike titles.

1 week later
#6330 4 years ago

Threw out this mod today for the battering ram and went back to stock..

Plastic quality is not really suited for this...

Edit: apparently was installed backwards (by previous owner, not me)
gotrammezel (resized).jpggotrammezel (resized).jpg

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Threw out this mod today for the battering ram and went back to stock..
Plastic quality is not really suited for this...[quoted image]

You put it on backwards. I know because I made the same mistake. If mezel has any extras they may hook you up.

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You put it on backwards. I know because I made the same mistake. If mezel has any extras they may hook you up.

Ok, that explains it. Actually this was already installed by the previous owner.
And of course, the original parts were missing. Luckily I was able to source them.

#6333 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Today something strange happened during a game I started with Greyjoy on my pro. After activating stark I wanted to play this house but even after hitting the left and right ramp more than 10 times I could not play the house. Are the rules different during Greyjoy to complete it?

#6334 4 years ago

When Greyjoy is your house, and you are in Stark, you have to hit ALL lit purple shots before you can finish the mode.

#6335 4 years ago

Thank you!

2 weeks later
#6336 4 years ago

Finally installed new code and my 10-year-old just put up 1.3 billion playing Lannister. Default settings after install. Wow, that house really changed.

#6337 4 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Finally installed new code and my 10-year-old just put up 1.3 billion playing Lannister. Default settings after install. Wow, that house really changed.

For a real challenge try the competition install. You only get 4 presses of the button with Lannister, no Lord of Light from the drops, and locks are set to hard. It's much tougher!

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For a real challenge try the competition install. You only get 4 presses of the button with Lannister, no Lord of Light from the drops, and locks are set to hard. It's much tougher!

How do you do this? I was clicking around, and couldn't figure out how to get it turned on and to stay on. Thanks!

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from atum:

How do you do this? I was clicking around, and couldn't figure out how to get it turned on and to stay on. Thanks!

Have to go into the installs menu and select the competition one.

#6340 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have to go into the installs menu and select the competition one.

Thanks, Chuckwurt! I'll do that when I get home tonight. Can it then be easily turned on and off from the attract mode? Or do I have to go back to the service menu to turn that on and off?

#6341 4 years ago

Service menu adjustment only. It’s completely different than competition mode. An install goes through and automatically changes various adjustments in the game from factory. To get back to factory you’ll need to install factory or individually change the settings back yourself. Comp mode simply has a few changes to the rules built into its adjustment.

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

He's only 10. He doesn't know what the button does and never uses it. And I don't need the game any tougher when I play . But yeah, I imagine the hard locks and no LOL would slow him down. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#6343 3 years ago

Totally for fun and extremely nonformal, I will be doing a streaming of Game of Thrones tomorrow, trying to get to the Iron Throne
Streaming will start 21.00 / 9 PM CET, that is Norway time

http://www.twitch.tv/drainmorten

GOT twitch event (resized).jpgGOT twitch event (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6344 3 years ago

It’s official! Tomorrow I will update my Walk-Through series for code 1.37. Tomorrow at noon eastern it will cover all the changes made from 1.37. Please tune in to make sure I’m not missing anything!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#6345 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am still having this issue even with 1.37. I have let it go and just played multiple balls, but would like to get it corrected to play properly. Any suggestions? May need to call Chas

#6346 3 years ago

Small bug present in current code (at least on pro).

Play as greyjoy and defeat stark for their dire wolf button ability.

Play targaryen and use the dire wolf on the third dragon. Targaryen will end and give you the blue button (freeze) ability but targaryen house keeps flashing and must be played over again.

#6347 3 years ago

Does house Lannister have any callouts associated to completing its shots?
Has anyone asked Dwight if that was a conscious decision to have that House have zero?

#6348 3 years ago

Finally got the add-on toys configured where I wanted them -- getting Ghost secured into the back corner took three people because of an inaccessible nut, lol. Putting him back there balanced it out better (and puts him near his side blade art.)

I'm also much happier with this "live" Viserion vs. the blue wight version. He looks so lifelike and helps fill some of that void up in the middle.

20200411_162957 (resized).jpg20200411_162957 (resized).jpg20200411_163101 (resized).jpg20200411_163101 (resized).jpg20200411_163124 (resized).jpg20200411_163124 (resized).jpg20200411_163155 (resized).jpg20200411_163155 (resized).jpg20200411_163221 (resized).jpg20200411_163221 (resized).jpg20200411_163454 (resized).jpg20200411_163454 (resized).jpg
#6349 3 years ago

Looks like the one dragon is throwing up. Haha

#6350 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like the one dragon is throwing up. Haha

Yeah he just finished watching season 8.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.