371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 144.
#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just to keep this info close together in the thread.
The orbit fix is an easy one to do. Stern could have fixed it with a service notice. Like stated above the diverter is placed incorrectly on Pre/LE games. You need to move the diverter toward the front of the playfield by about 1/8”.
[quoted image]
The best way to do this is to enlarge the mounting holes on the diverter bracket to allow the space needed.
[quoted image]
When you reinstall the guide make sure to get it as Close to the front of the game as possible. It should look like this when finished.
[quoted image]

Doesn't always work, unfortunately. I did it on the one we have here on route, and it made it *better* but not consistent. Looking at the video I personally think it's less the placement and more the shape of the diverter arm. The ball doesn't even contact it going left to right on the last 1/2 of the arm, so there no guidance, it just slams into the ball guide on the other side.

#6252 4 years ago

Reposting the 1.37 cards I made since I made some corrections/updates based on earlier feedback and continued gameplay.

All the full-res files (including photoshop file so you can edit text) can be found at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gAtOjZDYa6q504yL0zQrA7I1HiIGHfq6

JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6253 4 years ago

Anyone have a pdf of the manual? Need the part numbers for the optos on the left and center ramp. Can't seem to find one on the stern website.
Thanks
Al

#6254 4 years ago

Pro should be here, need to scroll down to bottom and click on manual.
https://sternpinball.com/game/game-of-thrones/

#6255 4 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow with a mint LE. Stoked!

#6256 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Duuuuuuude! Congrats!! I think this game is about as good of deal on a LE that you can get. Especially after the new code.

#6257 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Congratulations!!! Now Update your wish list by removing GoT pro and moving GoT Premium/LE to your collection. Don't forget to watch 5 part series by @chuckwurt. Although new code has changed alot ( for the better). PS DudeRegular I bought a WPT about two weeks ago. Remember I tried to steal your. Lol

#6258 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Duuuuuuude! Congrats!! I think this game is about as good of deal on a LE that you can get. Especially after the new code.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Congratulations!!! Now Update your wish list by removing GoT pro and moving GoT Premium/LE to your collection. Don't forget to watch 5 part series by chuckwurt. Although new code has changed alot ( for the better). PS DudeRegular I bought a WPT about two weeks ago. Remember I tried to steal your. Lol

Thanks fellas. Buying it from a super nice guy who found it NIB just a couple of months ago.
Spiderpin Ya all good man. That one went to a good home. I haven't had a Steve Ritchie game since that left and I have been on the hunt for something. I will update the collection when I get her home tomorrow night.

#6259 4 years ago

Charlies GOT LE?
I installed the upgrades on that one. Sweet pin!

#6260 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Charlies GOT LE?
I installed the upgrades on that one. Sweet pin!

That is the one! Charlie was great to deal with. Small world.

#6261 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

That is the one! Charlie was great to deal with. Small world.

Yes Charlie is awesome. His collection is amazing and he has a stellar reputation in Florida. Everybody wants to buy his pins when he sells them. You wont be disappointed!

#6262 4 years ago

Tried to fire up my GOT and got stuck on a screen saying Updating Node Board Runtime. Anyone else have this happen and know what I need to buy to fix it?

IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpgIMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpgIMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpgIMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
#6263 4 years ago

Is it stuck there after multiple reboots? Can you get to the menu and check for errors?

#6264 4 years ago

Install the newest code and see what happens.

#6265 4 years ago

Yeah, stuck there after multiple reboots. Ok, I'll try installing the new code and see what happens if that might fix it.

Edit: thanks all for the multiple suggestions. I'll try them and post a thread if nothing pans out rather than continue to hijack here. I didn't mean to ask for trouble-shooting help, was just hoping it was a common problem with clear answer. Thanks again!

#6266 4 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Yeah, stuck there after multiple reboots. Ok, I'll try installing the new code and see what happens if that might fix it.

Ya I would load code as Chuck said. If that doesn't solve it I would start checking your connections on the spike board and the node boards.

#6267 4 years ago

Any of you had already add some spotlights on your got? i find the middle a bit dark on standard.

#6268 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Any of you had already put some spotlights on your got? i find the middle a bit dark on standard.

1 week later
#6269 4 years ago

First time to hand of the king tonight. It took me actually paying attention and finishing out the houses rather than screwing around like usual... Dropping two houses into blackwater multiball is pretty helpful as well.

#6270 4 years ago

Nice!! IT next

#6271 4 years ago

Finally. I did take the easiest path with Targaryen but I completed Iron Throne, I think. completed all the houses and hit the last lit shot (dragon). When the ball shot out of the dragon I hit the ball into the target next to the dragon and it went straight out the outlane. What happens after that last shot? Do you have to start all over? Also I already had 2 tilt warnings during that ball so no nudging during IT.
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpegB7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpegB7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpegDCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpegDCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg

#6272 4 years ago

Don't quote me on this, but I believe there are something like Victory Laps after you defeat Iron Throne. It's been a while....

#6273 4 years ago

Once you complete all of the houses from Iron Throne (shooting the shot and then all 7 followed by battering ram), the game launches one extra ball into play and you have to hit the battering ram one more time. This is the victory lap section of the game. It will list a lesser place (e.g., The Twins) and you will have three shots lit. You make all three shots and move onto the next place.

You continue to do that until you drain down to one ball. At that point, you are back at the start of the game. No houses qualified and all you have is your house abilities you started with. Note that if you have extra balls turned on, you can re-earn extra ball by completing the specified number of houses.

#6274 4 years ago

Thank you for the explanation. What a great wizard mode. It was a blast going through all the houses and I live that it adds a ball after the battering ram at the end of each house. It allows you to enjoy the mode for that much longer. I’ve had this game 2 years and still love it.

#6275 4 years ago

I have to share with all of you that my son’s goal was to get to Hand of the King Mini Wizard Mode and he finally accomplished it 2 days ago. He is 14 and was so excited to show me he started Hand of the King shouting from downstairs. So proud of him and I was able to witness it. A happy father moment as a pinhead!

#6276 4 years ago

And that folks, is what it’s all about.

1 month later
#6277 4 years ago

1200$ "Topper" incoming...

daeneris (resized).jpgdaeneris (resized).jpg
#6278 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

1200$ "Topper" incoming... [quoted image]

I prefer interactive toppers to statues like this and the Medieval Madness topper. I can appreciate the artistry, but the lack of function is just a no-no for pinball IMO. The Stern GoT topper is one of the best they've done.

#6279 4 years ago

I've been playing with Baratheon a bit lately. I like that it makes Wall really quick to get into, and the Lord of Light button action is an interesting twist. I find it to be very similar to the BK:SoR magnasave, where you have to anticipate the drain ahead of time, be quick on the draw, and sometimes waste it if the ball decides bounce into the inlane instead.

Is it just me or did Martell really get the short end of the stick with the update? Now every house has a persistent advantage, plus a button ability. Martell didn't have a persistent advantage added. That free add-a-ball doesn't seem quite as attractive anymore, to the point where I rarely choose it.

Such a great game...I love all the choices and different ways of tackling it.

#6280 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've been playing with Baratheon a bit lately. I like that it makes Wall really quick to get into, and the Lord of Light button action is an interesting twist. I find it to be very similar to the BK:SoR magnasave, where you have to anticipate the drain ahead of time, be quick on the draw, and sometimes waste it if the ball decides bounce into the inlane instead.
Is it just me or did Martell really get the short end of the stick with the update? Now every house has a persistent advantage, plus a button ability. Martell didn't have a persistent advantage added. That free add-a-ball doesn't seem quite as attractive anymore, to the point where I rarely choose it.
Such a great game...I love all the choices and different ways of tackling it.

IMO Martell is the one house that didn't need an upgrade, as it was arguably the best. Martell is still a great choice.

#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

IMO Martell is the one house that didn't need an upgrade, as it was arguably the best. Martell is still a great choice.

I agree it doesn't NEED anything, but a small benefit (something along the lines of Stark's WIC increase) would be nice, for consistency sake if nothing else. I admit that is nitpicky though.

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That free add-a-ball doesn't seem quite as attractive anymore, to the point where I rarely choose it.

From a competitive standpoint, most people still pick martell and win. Haha

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From a competitive standpoint, most people still pick martell and win. Haha

LOL...that's true. Bad choice of words saying it was less attractive...I meant more so for everyday/casual play. When competing I still pick it too...sticking to what I am used to. I am glad the other houses are interesting enough now to experiment with during casual play though!

#6284 4 years ago

I haven’t picked martell for competitions in years. Just got sick of it.

#6285 4 years ago

The code update really made the game much more fun. Each house has something to offer as a "variation" in playing the game. That and the Castle improvements really make the game more of a long term keeper.

#6286 4 years ago

Yeah, in our league, Martell is only getting picked by the players who haven't taken the time to learn the new house abilities yet. I'm with Erik, I just don't pick Martell anymore cause I was burned out on it. Aside from Martell, Tyrell probably got the least increase in ability. In competition I'm pretty much Lannister all day. The other day in league finals I used it to get a 1.1 billion Stark cash out. You should've seen their faces!

#6287 4 years ago

Classic. I tried to make my opponents pay for doing martell against me at pincinnati but with my reduction of all MB ball saves, Lannister is nerfed quite a bit because it’s so much harder to keep stuff going. In hindsight I will go after big modes instead of MBs when using the Lannister power.

#6288 4 years ago

Also I was happy with these tournament settings at pincinnati:

4 Lannister buttons per game
2 dire wolves per game
1 sec ball save
Reduced MB ball saves
Virtual locks
EBs off.

#6289 4 years ago

1 sec ball saves? Lol. Just turn it off

#6290 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

1 sec ball saves? Lol. Just turn it off

No thanks. Allows for house balls to come back. Also one sec is a lot longer than one second. Haha

#6291 4 years ago

Haha fair enough!

#6292 4 years ago

Viserion protects the inside of my game.

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpegCD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
#6293 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No thanks. Allows for house balls to come back. Also one sec is a lot longer than one second. Haha

time in bummers does not count

#6294 4 years ago

QUESTION: Has anyone experienced an intermittent switch register when the ball rolls through the center ramp? Sometimes, and only sometimes, when I send the ball through the middle ramp it registers and some times it does not. I have checked through diagnostics all the switches the ball goes through and everything is good. When it repeatedly fails to register I hit the ball through another ramp or target and then when I go back to the middle ramp the switch(es) register????

Any words of wisdom here?

#6295 4 years ago

There are two switches in the center ramp. Entrance and another at the top right corner before it gets to the lock switches. Make sure those two switches are good and all debris is clear from those optos as well as all three lock switches are good.

#6296 4 years ago

Also check your connections to the opto board. Had similar problem with right ramp. Ended up having to resolder connector on opto board much like my acdc premium that has issues occasionally with drop target resets. Looks like vibration creates cold joints at the connectors. Good luck with tracking down the issue.

BTW just added a color dmd to my got pro and have been playing it non stop. What a fantastic upgrade had the red screen almost 3 years and now my eyes are wide open.
Al

#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

BTW just added a color dmd to my got pro and have been playing it non stop. What a fantastic upgrade had the red screen almost 3 years and now my eyes are wide open.

Yup, I had a friend over the other day, the first thing he said after I turned on the game was “l can’t believe that it didn’t come with that colour screen”.

By far the best mod for this game.

#6298 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I'll do more troubleshooting today. BTW I failed to mention that mine is a LE, so the ramps may be different, but regardless you both have given me more options to look at in order to identify the probable cause for this erratic behavior. Again thanks.

#6299 4 years ago

Doesn’t matter. Switches are the same FYI. Good luck!

#6300 4 years ago

Anyone having issues of the pinballs coming off ramp on premium? Started with last code update. There are times a ball will drop onto playfield to make it a two ball multiball when it should not be. Stern told me to reinstall code, but it did not fix problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Highland, UT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.