371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 144.
#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

I must say I do like the expanded descriptions on skyking2301's cards

Thanks! Trying to make it so anyone who takes the time to read it will have a reasonable idea of what to do.

#6202 4 years ago

1.37 Code observation:

Initially, I didn't like that choosing Targaryen would fully beat the house -- that takes away a huge part of the challenge of having to defeat all three dragons.
So, I changed my settings to defeat just the first two.

Trouble is, with this setting, when you choose Targaryen it automatically awards you 60M right off the bat for "defeating" the first two dragons. Then, when you start the fight against Drogon, the values are very high. Within moments of starting my first ball I was already up over 300M. A few people who visited to play casually had trouble reaching 50M ... yet if I'm set up this way, all they have to do is choose Targaryen and they START at 60M.

When it's set to complete the house, you don't get any of these extra points -- it's just fully completed (and Swords activates). (I didn't try it set up for defeat 1 dragon, I presume it would work similarly to 2). I wonder if the next update could fix this -- NOT award the points for (not) "defeating" the dragons that I skipped, and/or scaling back the Drogon fight values?

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

1.37 Code observation:
Initially, I didn't like that choosing Targaryen would fully beat the house -- that takes away a huge part of the challenge of having to defeat all three dragons.
So, I changed my settings to defeat just the first two.
Trouble is, with this setting, when you choose Targaryen it automatically awards you 60M right off the bat for "defeating" the first two dragons. Then, when you start the fight against Drogon, the values are very high. Within moments of starting my first ball I was already up over 300M. A few people who visited to play casually had trouble reaching 50M ... yet if I'm set up this way, all they have to do is choose Targaryen and they START at 60M.
When it's set to complete the house, you don't get any of these extra points -- it's just fully completed (and Swords activates). (I didn't try it set up for defeat 1 dragon, I presume it would work similarly to 2). I wonder if the next update could fix this -- NOT award the points for (not) "defeating" the dragons that I skipped, and/or scaling back the Drogon fight values?

Good catch. I’d classify that as a bug.

#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Good catch. I’d classify that as a bug.

Is there somewhere to formally submit/report this? (I'm new to this modern game thing ... up until now my newest games were 1991 & 1997, and most were 1960s-1980s, lol.)

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Is there somewhere to formally submit/report this? (I'm new to this modern game thing ... up until now my newest games were 1991 & 1997, and most were 1960s-1980s, lol.)

[email protected] or [email protected]

#6206 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

There’s a bug report email. It’s listed at the top of the readme file for the code.

They won’t respond, but they read everything.

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s a bug report email. It’s listed at the top of the readme file for the code.
They won’t respond, but they read everything.

They USUALLY don't respond, but if they need more information for a serious bug they will contact you. Happened to me. They still haven't fixed the actual bug in Iron Maiden present since release (which I believe is a memory leak), but they force a machine reboot every day (the "Microsoft fix") so it doesn't lock up.

#6208 4 years ago

Ok thanks, I sent it in. In the meantime, I switched my game back to defeat all 3 for Targaryen.

#6209 4 years ago

Think I found a bug here. I’m playing martell ball 1, on player 3, of a 4 player game. Player 2 has a ball Locked on the sword. I go to lock my first ball and it immediately started my martell mode, I didn’t have the option to pass.

#6210 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Think I found a bug here. I’m playing martell ball 1, on player 3, of a 4 player game. Player 2 has a ball Locked on the sword. I go to lock my first ball and it immediately started my martell mode, I didn’t have the option to pass.

Switch test mode to see if your center button switch is intermittent from vibration?

#6211 4 years ago

@luckydogg420:

The 30M and 60M awards is reported to Dwight already, he confirmed that this is how the game works now. So don't know if you could qualify it as a bug.
I've set up my game to only 1 dragon defeated in targaryen, then you get 30M instead of 60M and you still have to defeat two dragons (lower values in the second dragon)

The auto start of a mode when shooting the center ramp is present in certain circumstances (and already reported to Dwight).
I think it is related to certain mode animations that are the last shot of a mode and it then doesn't pause the selection timer. The dflt 3 seconds passes by while the animation is running and the next mode is selected already. Probably pressing the flippers during this will extend the timer beause the game thinks you are choosing at that time.
For example: martell last shot on center ramp + a ball locked animation resulted in an auto select of my next mode (greyjoy)

Also (on pro) mode select start: house pairs don't show 'double' when playing as stark when you still have a direwolf left to use on that ball. They should be present twice so you can decide on which house you would use your direwolf.

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The auto start of a mode when shooting the center ramp is present in certain circumstances

I thought it might have something to do with the timer counting down during the animation.

#6213 4 years ago

luckydogg420:
The 30M and 60M awards is reported to Dwight already, he confirmed that this is how the game works now.

I don't understand why one dragon scores 30M, 2 scores 60M and 3 scores 0. It seems that you should start with a big score (90M) if you have three dragons completed, or all should start with none. I would vote for none in all cases.

#6214 4 years ago

I vote none too.. you already get the benefit of not having to defeat them.
Getting a score per default could be seen as a substitute for the points you cannot earn but I would not do this either.

I just think the game now is programmed that 'if setting = 2 dragons, then jump into program routine of defeating dragon 2 which maybe already had a default base value of 60M.

#6215 4 years ago

I vote none too.. you already get the benefit of not having to defeat them.
Getting a score per default could be seen as a substitute for the points you cannot earn but I would not do this either.
I just think the game now is programmed that 'if setting = 2 dragons, then jump into program routine of defeating dragon 2 which maybe already had a default base value of 60M.

Yeah, but with one more code check in that scoring routing, you could see if the setting was off 1 or 2 and just don't add that score if the setting is the way the dragons "died". It's not rocket science. Lazy coding if this is being passed off as the way it is intended.

#6216 4 years ago

As already implied by my earlier posts, I concur that it should be zero points for any pre-defeated dragons. You shouldn't be awarded 60M points just for choosing a house and launching a ball. I put my settings back to beat-all-three until it's hopefully fixed.

#6217 4 years ago

FYI, made a few more updates to my 1.37 apron cards, here's the lo-res previews. Download the hi-res versions (including bordered/sized for 4x6 prints, and original PSD files so you can make your own edits) over in this other thread I started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-instruction-cards-for-new-got-code-137

JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpgJPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
#6218 4 years ago

I'm having a problem with my new pro model. When mystery is lit and the ball traps under the dragon to spend gold - when it releases it just goes straight down center drain, with the only recourse a massive slide save. I feel like it shouldn't be doing that, at this point I'm just avoiding that shot when its lit. Any suggestions on adjustments to fix that?

#6219 4 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

I'm having a problem with my new pro model. When mystery is lit and the ball traps under the dragon to spend gold - when it releases it just goes straight down center drain, with the only recourse a massive slide save. I feel like it shouldn't be doing that, at this point I'm just avoiding that shot when its lit. Any suggestions on adjustments to fix that?

Make sure your game is level.

Next make sure you learn to bump the ball off the wall of that shot when it’s coming out for a nice safe dead bounce off the right flipper to a trap on the left.

#6220 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure your game is level.
Next make sure you learn to bump the ball off the wall of that shot when it’s coming out for a nice safe dead bounce off the right flipper to a trap on the left.

Definitely level, double checked and experimented with a closer to 7 degree grade, but it still drops straight down.
However - thanks for the tip on the wall nudge, that does the trick. At least that shot is just tricky now instead of deadly

#6221 4 years ago

Am still curious though if anyone else's machines exhibit this same behavior. Seems odd that it would require such a nudge for one of the core mechanics

#6222 4 years ago

I don’t know cuz I have a Pre.

Could it be the steel lane guides? Do they have any wiggle room? Moving something 1/8” up top could change the ball path enough to redirect the ball properly away from the drain.

I had to bend the far right outside guide under where the shooter lane drops the ball in. My right orbit shots were getting air off the guide when they rode the wall around. A little bend to get it inline and it works fine now.

#6223 4 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

Adjust the lane guide (loosen bolt(s) -> adjust -> tighten) or Bend the lane guide.

If you're not experienced with owning pinball games, bending things may seem radical - but it's not.
Just a small bend in a lane guide can make a big difference. Additionally, they will bend over time and may need to be bent back - although you said your game was new. Try adjusting first, then bend if necessary.

#6224 4 years ago

Had the same issue with mine, just lower the angle a little. My bubble barely touches the upper line. Releases nicely and the game is still playing fast as hell.

#6225 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

FYI, made a few more updates to my 1.37 apron cards, here's the lo-res previews. Download the hi-res versions (including bordered/sized for 4x6 prints, and original PSD files so you can make your own edits) over in this other thread I started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apron-instruction-cards-for-new-got-code-137[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the cards, SkyKing! Have you (or anybody else) update these for Premium/LE? I'm not sure I know all the differences between Pro and Prem/LE and I'm not ashamed to admit that

#6226 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Had the same issue with mine, just lower the angle a little. My bubble barely touches the upper line. Releases nicely and the game is still playing fast as hell.

My pitch has the bubble off the charts. Still no issues with this feed. Adjusting the guide is the answer if you don’t like nudging it.

#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Thanks for the cards, SkyKing! Have you (or anybody else) update these for Premium/LE? I'm not sure I know all the differences between Pro and Prem/LE and I'm not ashamed to admit that

You're welcome! I have to make one more correction on them, apparently the Lannister multipler purchase is 600 gold, not 500. No, I haven't updated them for the Premium/LE, as I have no idea how different the rules are. That's why I included the .PSD files on the drive folder, so someone else with a Premium can update them accordingly.

#6228 4 years ago

I also found an awesome Wight Viserion model at Target and put him in ... check it out over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-pro-viserion-figure-mod

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

Mine seems to do this if its a soft shot to the dragon. It barely spits it out and tries to go sdtm but usually with a nudge i am fine. There should be a eject power setting for that i would think, you could maybe turn that up and see what happens also. Maybe you could play with the leveling a little as well.

#6230 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine seems to do this if its a soft shot to the dragon. It barely spits it out and tries to go sdtm but usually with a nudge i am fine. There should be a eject power setting for that i would think, you could maybe turn that up and see what happens also. Maybe you could play with the leveling a little as well.

Well in his case, it’s after a mystery shot meaning it’s held by a post while in mystery, then simply dropped down after mystery. The kickback doesn’t fire then.

#6231 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well in his case, it’s after a mystery shot meaning it’s held by a post while in mystery, then simply dropped down after mystery. The kickback doesn’t fire then.

Oh yeah duuuh. I wasn't even thinking about that. I have my bubble in the middle of the site glass where the factory recommends. This should be able to be dealt with by experimenting with leveling and slope i would think. .

#6232 4 years ago

Thanks all for the suggestions on the mystery shot. I did some adjustments today and was able to get it to at least kiss the flipper with no interference so the nudge is much much easier now. I think its just a quirk of my copy... depending on how I feel about it after some more play I think just giving the end of that lane guide a bend so it kicks more right would solve it completely.

#6233 4 years ago

So I have seen on a few websites that there is a Game of Thrones Pro Vault Edition coming out? Is this a vault edition or is this another run of pros?

18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
#6234 4 years ago

From one of the sites offering this game:
"Stern produced a limited 100 game run out of extra parts they had left in July of 2019. This is your chance to get a title that was previously sold out!"

#6235 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

From one of the sites offering this game:
"Stern produced a limited 100 game run out of extra parts they had left in July of 2019. This is your chance to get a title that was previously sold out!"

Mine is one of these, manufactured July 31, 2019.

#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Mine is one of these, manufactured July 31, 2019.

That's what I call new. Enjoy

#6237 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's what I call new. Enjoy

Thanks, we are!!! The whole family loves it, and it's super weird to hear my kids talking about Game of Thrones. There is no way whatsoever we'd allow them to watch this show, yet they know so much about it now and talk about it. I'm sure we'll be shunned by their friends' parents who will jump to conclusions...

#6238 4 years ago

Hey GoT peeps, having a technical issue with the sword lock; please reference thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-sword-pins-ball-against-post

#6239 4 years ago

Hello to all,
Ive recently join this club, i find the machine with the new code, with strong flippers and the right inclination to be one of the fast machines ive played, great flow also, i have the pro version.

In home environment i find myself always playing for greyjoy, baratheon, stark sometimes martell. I have targaryen setup to defeat only 2 dragons, i thinks it makes part of the strategy to defeat the dragons(or at least one).

Any good strategies or valid points to start with lannister and tyrell!?
Thanks

#6240 4 years ago

Lannister just save up your gold and cash in for multipliers right as you’re about to cash in a big shot (supers during Blackwater, SJP hurry up in HOTK, SJP in winter has come MB, etc).

Tyrell is same as before. Make sure you’re always going through the lit inlane, and hit the lock bar button before draining or after a long ball and your playfield multipliers are about to time out.

#6241 4 years ago

So this 2 houses, are "basically" about scores/points and multipliers

#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

So this 2 houses, are "basically" about scores/points and multipliers

Yep.

#6243 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

So with switches wired wrong playfield was getting validated.

Sorry, real late answer, have been away for a while .
The right sling on the upper PF validated, they had the right inlane connected to the right sling and the sling to the inlane, same on the left side.

#6244 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I have targaryen setup to defeat only 2 dragons, i thinks it makes part of the strategy to defeat the dragons(or at least one).

I set mine up like this at first, because it seemed like too much of an advantage to have all three dragons already defeated. However, there is one flaw in this setup -- if you set it for one dragon defeated, it automatically awards you 30M points, and if you set it for two dragons, it automatically awards you 60M points. (If you set it for all three dragons defeated, it awards you no points, just beats the Targaryen house.)

I have a lot of casual players who visit and play -- many of whom would struggle to get to 60M on their own. Therefore, I didn't like handing out that many points for nothing more than just choosing a particular house. I notified Stern of this flaw, and I reset my game to defeat all three, in the hopes that they'll fix that someday.

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I set mine up like this at first, because it seemed like too much of an advantage to have all three dragons already defeated. However, there is one flaw in this setup -- if you set it for one dragon defeated, it automatically awards you 30M points, and if you set it for two dragons, it automatically awards you 60M points. (If you set it for all three dragons defeated, it awards you no points, just beats the Targaryen house.)
I have a lot of casual players who visit and play -- many of whom would struggle to get to 60M on their own. Therefore, I didn't like handing out that many points for nothing more than just choosing a particular house. I notified Stern of this flaw, and I reset my game to defeat all three, in the hopes that they'll fix that someday.

Someone posted a response where Dwight confirmed that he believes that's the way it should be. Like you, I totally disagree. Seems very wrong - much like the "As Designed" bit that completely broke Steve's Martell mode design.

#6246 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

- much like the "As Designed" bit that completely broke Steve's Martell mode design.

I'm not familiar enough with the old code. What's broken with Martell mode?

#6247 4 years ago

I just found out with new code if you set-up to play tournament. After playing if game is turned off at any time you'll lose all scores saved for the tournament and need to set it up again. Because your tournament button will not be flashing.

15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
#6248 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'm not familiar enough with the old code. What's broken with Martell mode?

Existing code is broken to still cover the hardware problem.

Basically, in Martell, you were supposed to do orbit shots to complete it, and if you fired them off, you could finish the mode quickly. Unfortunately, Stern screwed up and placed the diverter assembly for Prem/LE *just slightly* wrong, so left orbit shots often to usually rattled around and failed to complete, dropping into the pops or back down to the left. A fix was supposed to be coming for MONTHS. When Stern finally released "the fix" it was adding an option to just disable the feature in software and then saying the game worked "as designed" with the orbit feature of Martell disabled. It was 100% total and complete BS and a slap in the face to Steve Ritchie's design, but he had to eat it and keep his mouth shut in public about it. At the time there was a slo-mo video showing the ball not finishing the orbit right and rattling into the rollover lanes instead of going all the way around. I'll see if I can find the link.

EDIT: Found it.

You can see that the angle of the diverter is off just a small amount, and so the ball doesn't follow it around and transition to the ball guide on the other side, but instead hits the other side and that causes it to rocochet onto the lane guides on the other side.

#6249 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Existing code is broken to still cover the hardware problem.
Basically, in Martell, you were supposed to do orbit shots to complete it, and if you fired them off, you could finish the mode quickly. Unfortunately, Stern screwed up and placed the diverter assembly for Prem/LE *just slightly* wrong ....

Fascinating, thanks for all the info. Mine is a Pro (and have only played on a Premium once), so this would explain why I haven't experienced this problem!

#6250 4 years ago

Just to keep this info close together in the thread.

The orbit fix is an easy one to do. Stern could have fixed it with a service notice. Like stated above the diverter is placed incorrectly on Pre/LE games. You need to move the diverter toward the front of the playfield by about 1/8”.
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpegD5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

The best way to do this is to enlarge the mounting holes on the diverter bracket to allow the space needed.
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpegCFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg

When you reinstall the guide make sure to get it as Close to the front of the game as possible. It should look like this when finished.
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/125?hl=atum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.