371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 144.
#6151 4 years ago

Short plunging and then hitting drop targets will set valid playfield
and therefore stop people (@chuckwurt) from just letting the ball drain. Dang

#6152 4 years ago

I've finally put in a bunch of games on my premium with this new code. I loved the game before and now it's a complete rockstar!! I rush to get back to the upper playfield. Castle Multiball was a 5 ball MB for me and it's intense / the lighting and sounds are amazing. There are so many options and strategies now that my other game will not see action for awhile. Loading code 1.37 now.. It's interesting that new code can bypass the throne. I know the ball pops out every now and then but I always took that to be a self adjusting issue that eventually works itself out.

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I've finally put in a bunch of games on my premium with this new code. I loved the game before and now it's a complete rockstar!! I rush to get back to the upper playfield. Castle Multiball was a 5 ball MB for me and it's intense / the lighting and sounds are amazing. There are so many options and strategies now that my other game will not see action for awhile. Loading code 1.37 now.. It's interesting that new code can bypass the throne. I know the ball pops out every now and then but I always took that to be a self adjusting issue that eventually works itself out.

It’s a nice option for TDs. I don’t want the players getting screwed out of some valuable mystery awards.

#6154 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a nice option for TDs. I don’t want the players getting screwed out of some valuable mystery awards.

That makes sense. Lots for great option adds in this version.

Any thoughts on Full updates versus Quick? Any advantages to one versus the other?

#6155 4 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

That makes sense. Lots for great option adds in this version.
Any thoughts on Full updates versus Quick? Any advantages to one versus the other?

Not really sure.

#6156 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Short plunging and then hitting drop targets will set valid playfield
and therefore stop people (chuckwurt) from just letting the ball drain. Dang

I think this is just fixing a bug that was found in testing. You could hit a couple, drain, clear them, drain, hit a couple, drain etc. and keep doing that and it wouldn’t ever validate.

I think now once three of them have been hit the playfield is valid.

EDIT: nope. One drop validates the playfield.

#6157 4 years ago

put the new code on, its saved all my settings and scores. sweet

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

put the new code on, its saved all my settings and scores. sweet

I'm glad you told us that. I was going to play one game using 10 balls. . But not now.

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm glad you told us that. I was going to play one game using 10 balls. . But not now.

Just need to go to restore factory defaults after the update. I did the full update with verify and that didn’t wipe the scores.

#6160 4 years ago

I’ve had a couple people ask me over the years where I got the swords that I use to block the light from these 3 GI LED’s. Originally they were some cheap plastic dollar store find.
5125AEC7-A708-451A-918C-3142F3969D88 (resized).jpeg5125AEC7-A708-451A-918C-3142F3969D88 (resized).jpeg3ACBA389-2489-4305-8E1B-DFBDA52C0B80 (resized).jpeg3ACBA389-2489-4305-8E1B-DFBDA52C0B80 (resized).jpeg

Next I found some nice Letter openers that worked well, but, NERD ALERT!!! They were swords from lord of the rings. Most people wouldn’t notice, but I knew.
1D3D378E-A542-43A3-9966-74678410AF8E (resized).jpeg1D3D378E-A542-43A3-9966-74678410AF8E (resized).jpeg

But with the new code release the other day I decided to look again. Low and behold I found these guys on eBay.
55E8F76B-98BA-449A-9D2D-381FABE75264 (resized).jpeg55E8F76B-98BA-449A-9D2D-381FABE75264 (resized).jpegEB18C0B1-BD34-4D65-A13D-9B5E7BA52AB7 (resized).jpegEB18C0B1-BD34-4D65-A13D-9B5E7BA52AB7 (resized).jpeg

The perfect size and great quality
463663E1-7AF8-4CCF-871D-2233797D3C2C (resized).jpeg463663E1-7AF8-4CCF-871D-2233797D3C2C (resized).jpegB867C181-C7ED-4585-BDF7-56626F788FD6 (resized).jpegB867C181-C7ED-4585-BDF7-56626F788FD6 (resized).jpeg

#6161 4 years ago

So quick question. GOT is the first game I’ve owned where live code updates are a thing. I’ve noticed a handful of bugs that never happened prior on my pro machine.

Is there a place to report these to stern?

I’m sure there’s a few more but here are some to top my mind:

Timing of the ball locks appears to be off. I’ve had it happen lots where I shoot the Targaryen shot when mystery or something that should hold the ball is lit and the stop is late and the ball is still in play. Even had it happen once where the video mode started and the only thing that saved me was as it came down I put it in the multiball lock the first flip so it held it there till the mode finished.

Another timing issue is the multiball lock. I’ve started modes and it’s late closing so 2 balls get released.

Another weird one is starting stark mode I’ve had it happen lots where the first hit on the starks scores the second the ball is released to start the mode.

I find either the volume or the mix is off on most of the new audio drops too. I know they’re new because they’re different but they’re either too quiet to make out what they’re actually saying over the music or they have no bass in the clip and are difficult to make out over music.

1 other issue is likely more related to color dmd. But since the code update the clip that starts multiball where the arrow is shot in to the blackwater is no longer in color.

I’m sure there is a few more I can’t remember but they’re just little bugs that had never happened to me prior to this update.

Anyone else notice this? Any avenue to communicate with stern on this?

#6162 4 years ago

[email protected]

Be sure to include the code version you’re using.

#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So quick question. GOT is the first game I’ve owned where live code updates are a thing. I’ve noticed a handful of bugs that never happened prior on my pro machine.
Is there a place to report these to stern?
I’m sure there’s a few more but here are some to top my mind:
Timing of the ball locks appears to be off. I’ve had it happen lots where I shoot the Targaryen shot when mystery or something that should hold the ball is lit and the stop is late and the ball is still in play. Even had it happen once where the video mode started and the only thing that saved me was as it came down I put it in the multiball lock the first flip so it held it there till the mode finished.
Another timing issue is the multiball lock. I’ve started modes and it’s late closing so 2 balls get released.
Another weird one is starting stark mode I’ve had it happen lots where the first hit on the starks scores the second the ball is released to start the mode.
I find either the volume or the mix is off on most of the new audio drops too. I know they’re new because they’re different but they’re either too quiet to make out what they’re actually saying over the music or they have no bass in the clip and are difficult to make out over music.
1 other issue is likely more related to color dmd. But since the code update the clip that starts multiball where the arrow is shot in to the blackwater is no longer in color.
I’m sure there is a few more I can’t remember but they’re just little bugs that had never happened to me prior to this update.
Anyone else notice this? Any avenue to communicate with stern on this?

I’m going to assume this is a pro, with code 1.36? Did you update to 1.37 yesterday?

- on Pre/LE the mystery shot can now be sent to the upper playfield instead of the throne (where it occasionally falls out) so that you can have time for the video mode Ect. I don’t know how the pro handles this.

- I have noticed 2 balls release from the sword lock on code 1.36. I played 3 games on 1.37 with no issues yet.

- I haven’t noticed audio issues, (could just be personal preference) but there are adjustments for voice and music attenuation, as well treble and bass levels.

- I read that stern gave the colorDMD guys the code early, I’m sure their working on all the new and different content.

-

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’ve had a couple people ask me over the years where I got the swords that I use to block the light from these 3 GI LED’s. Originally they were some cheap plastic dollar store find.
But with the new code release the other day I decided to look again. Low and behold I found these guys on eBay.
The perfect size and great quality

Sweet find!
I just ordered a set for myself and one for my buddy Lenny.

#6165 4 years ago

I’m going to assume this is a pro, with code 1.36? Did you update to 1.37 yesterday?
- on Pre/LE the mystery shot can now be sent to the upper playfield instead of the throne (where it occasionally falls out) so that you can have time for the video mode Ect. I don’t know how the pro handles this.
- I have noticed 2 balls release from the sword lock on code 1.36. I played 3 games on 1.37 with no issues yet.
- I haven’t noticed audio issues, (could just be personal preference) but there are adjustments for voice and music attenuation, as well treble and bass levels.
- I read that stern gave the colorDMD guys the code early, I’m sure their working on all the new and different content.
-

Yes it is a pro... So there was another code release since the one two weeks ago or so?? Didn't realize that. Yes I'm running 1.36. I'll download the new one.

#6166 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Yes it is a pro... So there was another code release since the one two weeks ago or so?? Didn't realize that. Yes I'm running 1.36. I'll download the new one.

Didn't realize this either. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! Should be even better now to an already amazing code update from 1.36

#6167 4 years ago

I am so happy with the targaryen settings and stark cap settings. I can now tune my game the way I want it to be (being not too easy on those 2 houses towards iron throne).

The blue genie made my wish come true

This and the lannister balancing makes the game perfect now!

Thank you Dwight!!!

#6168 4 years ago

I noticed version 1.37 didnt reset any scores, was that the same for all of you guys? Thanks! I know I can reset them myself but I just wanted to check if I installed it correctly.

#6169 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I noticed version 1.37 didnt reset any scores, was that the same for all of you guys? Thanks! I know I can reset them myself but I just wanted to check if I installed it correctly.

chuckwurt Post #6159
You installed it correctly

#6170 4 years ago

That was a feature added in 1.36.

1 week later
#6171 4 years ago

GOT COLOR ROM 3.1 UPDATE!

Thank you Dave Timmer!

We're excited to announce that an update to support the new Game of Thrones 1.37 game code release is available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page. http://colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

NOTE!!! For customers with older REV 1.3B boards, remember to write down your PRODUCT KEY before doing the update, as you will need to enter it again when the update is complete. The PRODUCT KEY can be found on the COLORDMD INFO menu screen.

GOT_Jaime (resized).PNGGOT_Jaime (resized).PNG
#6172 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Thank you Dave Timmer!

Thank you Color DMD folks for your hard work!

#6173 4 years ago

Has anyone compared the ColorDMD LCD vs the LED for this title? I've read that for video clip titles like this that the LCD version looks better, so I bought one and installed it. But I don't really care for the pixelated look and the lack of settings that the LED offers such as hi-res, Scan etc.
Anyone done a side-by-side comparison?

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Thank you Dave Timmer!

Thanks for the quick update !

#6175 4 years ago

@ crwjumper: I have the LED version and love it. The colors are a lot more vivid than the LCD version. I especially appreciate the LED version when looking from a little bit behind the player and also the viewing angle is better. Make sure you get the setting right on the LED as that can make a huge difference in experience (usually it's best to have the brightness at the higher end and the contrast at the lower end to get the most detail out of the LEDs).

#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Has anyone compared the ColorDMD LCD vs the LED for this title? I've read that for video clip titles like this that the LCD version looks better, so I bought one and installed it. But I don't really care for the pixelated look and the lack of settings that the LED offers such as hi-res, Scan etc.
Anyone done a side-by-side comparison?

I had the LCD in mine and had it set on scan and yes it is great for video modes. I thought it way better than LED. I use LCD in all mine but it really is up to the individual. Not sure if you made typos but LCD is the one with various settings like dots, dots xl, scan, hi res, etc
LED does not.

#6177 4 years ago

"
- Added an adjustment, TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER, that allows the owner to change
how many dragons are completed when the player chooses Targaryen for their
house. It will default to all 3 dragons are defeated. This adjustment was
added to difficulty and competition installs.
"
Smart adjustment.

#6178 4 years ago

Dwight did an amazing job after this came out and initial feedback came in. Then 1.37 made it so almost every new feature can be adjusted to the players liking.

Amazing.

#6179 4 years ago

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long it took for the usb to light "done"? Thanks! I'm excited!

#6180 4 years ago

Hi guys,
Just wondering how long it took for the usb to light "done"? Thanks! I'm excited!

20 mins maybe?

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

20 mins maybe?

Ok problem solved! It was a faulty flash drive. I popped in another one and it took about a minute.

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I had the LCD in mine and had it set on scan and yes it is great for video modes. I thought it way better than LED. I use LCD in all mine but it really is up to the individual. Not sure if you made typos but LCD is the one with various settings like dots, dots xl, scan, hi res, etc
LED does not.

Thanks. I always get those two mixed up.

#6183 4 years ago

My family is thrilled to join this club with our very first ever NiB game!!! We got a GoT Pro that came off the line in the small run Stern built to go along with the new code. Manufacture date July 31, 2019. Minty fresh!

#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

My family is thrilled to join this club with our very first ever NiB game!!! We got a GoT Pro that came off the line in the small run Stern built to go along with the new code. Manufacture date July 31, 2019. Minty fresh!

Amazing. Congrats! This was my first NIB game too. I stayed up all night playing it the first night. Haha. Enjoy!

#6185 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Congrats! First order of business - ColorDMD so you can make sense of those video clips. Many of them are a blobby, indecipherable mess in shades of orange. It's a HUGE improvement for the game.

#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Congrats! First order of business - ColorDMD so you can make sense of those video clips. Many of them are a blobby, indecipherable mess in shades of orange. It's a HUGE improvement for the game.

Yeah this is one of many mods I'm already considering:
- As of this evening, we've put 81 games on it so far and we're already seeing some of the infamous Stern clear coat divots, so I'm considering halting all play and getting a playfield protector. (For anyone who's done this on the Pro, how complicated is the install?)
- We want to get a shaker motor for sure.
- Castle walls for the left/back side ... if I can find anyone still making them
- ColorDMD
- Misc playfield decorations, e.g., banners to hide the tall light posts

Any / all suggestions welcome!

Funny story -- we didn't know anything about midnight madness, then my wife discovered it completely by accident last night.
Funny addendum -- she made sure to be playing just before midnight tonight.

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

- As of this evening, we've put 81 games on it so far and we're already seeing some of the infamous Stern clear coat divots, so I'm considering halting all play and getting a playfield protector. (For anyone who's done this on the Pro, how complicated is the install?)
- Castle walls for the left/back side ... if I can find anyone still making them
- ColorDMD
Funny story -- we didn't know anything about midnight madness, then my wife discovered it completely by accident last night.

Yeah, Midnight Madness is great.

I personally hate playfield protectors. They do affect the way the ball plays. I wouldn't worry about the divots. Just enjoy the game.

Shaker motor is a for-sure need. Pinball life has them for $100.
Cliffy set would be a good idea also
I also like Beatmaster's little $10 parchment sticker for the metal plate at the sword that goes up and down at the ball lock
(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-sticker-for-the-sword-metal-plateprotector)
Also, if the whine of the fan is irritating there's a quiet replacement in my pinmonk store here

If you get a chance to pick up the topper for $250ish used, do that. It's one of the best interactive toppers Stern ever made. Not worth $400 or $500, but definitely worth $250 used.

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Funnier story ... I’ve owned my GOT from day one, and I’ve never seen it.

And I’m ok with that.

rd

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funnier story ... I’ve owned my GOT from day one, and I’ve never seen it.
And I’m ok with that.
rd

I changed my clock so they it happens at 9pm

#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

- ColorDMD

Dimples are normal. You will get used to them. Play your game and have fun! And get a colorDMD before spending $ on anything else.

#6191 4 years ago

Selling my GoT premium if anyone want to upgrade.
$5900.
Love the game but moving in a few months and need to start thinning the herd.

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

- ColorDMD

ColorDMD is AMAZING on GoT! I had GoT on the chopping block a couple years ago because I was sick of the stock muddy DMD graphics (one of the last DMD pins in my collection). ColorDMD release a day before I was going to sell and I pulled it off the block. It's that good where I don't plan on selling this any time soon now.

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

ColorDMD is AMAZING on GoT! I had GoT on the chopping block a couple years ago because I was sick of the stock muddy DMD graphics (one of the last DMD pins in my collection). ColorDMD release a day before I was going to sell and I pulled it off the block. It's that good where I don't plan on selling this any time soon now.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Play your game and have fun! And get a colorDMD before spending $ on anything else.

We looked at the ColorDMD preview (and I think the one we played in the wild recently had it also), and yes we agree it's amazing! However, $400 is a little steep at the moment, so I'll start saving... With the shaker motor being more affordable -- and my wife commenting how she REALLY liked that on the one we'd played -- I've got that on order now.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Dimples are normal. You will get used to them. Play your game and have fun! And get a colorDMD before spending $ on anything else.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I personally hate playfield protectors. They do affect the way the ball plays. I wouldn't worry about the divots. Just enjoy the game.

Got similar feedback from a local friend too. Plus it'd be a huge pain to install that, and we'd have to stop playing until I received it and got around to installing it ... seems like it's a fairly understood and not-unexpected issue, so we'll just go with it. I'm thinking I might at least put a semi-circlular mylar around the battering ram, since there's tons of ball-hopping going on there.

Thanks for all the info. We're loving the game ... got it Friday evening and between the four of us we've already put over 100 games on it!

#6194 4 years ago

Hey everybody, I am finally getting my first game ever and having it delivered this Wednesday. I always liked Game of Thrones Pro and how it shoots. GOT a great deal and it is HUO. So excited to finally own my first pin. Any suggestions how to take care of it? What maintenance is required? What are things I need to look out for? Any typical things that need repairing or is the Pro version a rock solid game. Can’t wait to try out the new code! Full install or quick update?

Lots of questions, but so excited!

#6195 4 years ago

Been enjoying the heck out of the game, and have been enjoying adding some mods. First, I had a friend 3D print the Dragonstone castle, which I painted up and installed. Next, I made a Ghost and perched him on the right ramp to balance out the toy distribution. He's watching over the game, and it's fun when the ball rolls underneath him.

20190813_200428 (resized).jpg20190813_200428 (resized).jpg20190813_200402 (resized).jpg20190813_200402 (resized).jpg20190813_200353 (resized).jpg20190813_200353 (resized).jpg20190813_200547 (resized).jpg20190813_200547 (resized).jpg20190813_200257 (resized).jpg20190813_200257 (resized).jpg20190813_200240 (resized).jpg20190813_200240 (resized).jpg
#6196 4 years ago

Is anyone working on new instructions cards for the latest code?

#6197 4 years ago

Funny you say that just now, I started updating the ones I use yesterday. The originals are not my work (someone posted them in here), I just replaced the House sigils and text next to them (and fixed some typos long ago). For private use at you own discretion only.
Framed with cut marks for a 10x15cm / 4"x6" print.

GoT instruction cards 1 - 1.37 (resized).pngGoT instruction cards 1 - 1.37 (resized).png
#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Funny you say that just now, I started updating the ones I use yesterday. The originals are not my work (someone posted them in here), I just replaced the House sigils and text next to them (and fixed some typos long ago). For private use at you own discretion only.
Framed with cut marks for a 10x15cm / 4"x6" print.[quoted image]

Could that be enlarged and spread across two cards? One for the houses. One for the rules.

I dont need a price card at home, and I dont need one of the cards to be tha game logo.

#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Funny you say that just now, I started updating the ones I use yesterday.

Haha, I assumed no one was going to do it, so I stayed up stupidly late last night and started working on my own rule cards. I just finished and came back here to post them. Note, this is for the Pro, as I don't know how the Prem/LE differs. (See notes below about editing.)

I have a lot of casual players come through here, so I tried to keep the explanations simple enough to understand.

I used a Stark desktop background I found on the interwebs for one, and combined a Targaryen one with the Stark one to make the other. These are for private use only even if you modify them, yadda yadda. Here's a link to the files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gAtOjZDYa6q504yL0zQrA7I1HiIGHfq6

- I've included the .psd files so if you have photoshop you can made edits/changes/corrections. YOU'LL WANT TO DO THIS IF YOU CUSTOMIZED YOUR GAME'S SETTINGS. For example, I didn't like that choosing Targaryen pre-completes that entire house (since you'd normally have to beat all three dragons separately), so I've scaled mine back to pre-complete only one or two of the dragons.
- I've also included .jpg files with a black border, which is sized so you can make a 4x6 print at your local print shop and then cut the cards out and they'll be the right size.
- I've also included just the straight up .jpg files for good measure.

Hope you like them, let me know if I screwed anything up -- I'm new to this game so I'm still learning.

GoT_Pro_v1-37_RuleCard1_noprint (resized).jpgGoT_Pro_v1-37_RuleCard1_noprint (resized).jpgGoT_Pro_v1-37_RuleCard2_noprint (resized).jpgGoT_Pro_v1-37_RuleCard2_noprint (resized).jpg
#6200 4 years ago

Could that be enlarged and spread across two cards? One for the houses. One for the rules.
I dont need a price card at home, and I dont need one of the cards to be tha game logo.

No, not with the file I have (getting the text off right edge doesnt work well in my old PS version), that would have to be done by the original author of the card. But if that person wants my .psd file with the text and new sigils, I can upload it.. I must say I do like the expanded descriptions on skyking2301's cards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/124?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.