371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 144.
#6101 4 years ago

Anyone near MD upgrading from their pro? Looking to buy in and/pa/va area

#6102 4 years ago

New code is great! Brings the game to a completely different level!Im hoping that the last few new stern release’s have their codes updated as well

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight’s working on it.

So Dwight Is STILL working on this game? Fantastic! I assume getting all this feedback on his recent work would give him a chance to polish it all out and levelize all the scoring opportunities. I am afraid however, if he comes out with another GOT update prior to a GB update, all my GB friends will go into massive fits and seizures. .

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

So Dwight Is STILL working on this game? Fantastic! I assume getting all this feedback on his recent work would give him a chance to polish it all out and levelize all the scoring opportunities. I am afraid however, if he comes out with another GOT update prior to a GB update, all my GB friends will go into massive fits and seizures. .

Usually when a big update comes out like this, once the masses get their hands on it, some bugs and balances become apparent and need to get fixed, so it’s typical to have a couple quick follow up updates to fix all that.

#6105 4 years ago

Installed 1.36 yesterday, played a few games and I am really impressed. This gives the game so much more strategy, fun or playability for bad players, depending on your house choice! Love how a horrible player like me now might have a chance to finally get to IT with Stark or Targaryen. And the loads of new callouts are just fun. Awesome!

Still a few things I don't think are optimal yet:
What is that dire wolf sound? I can never make it out, it sounds almost like crackling and distortion. I'd find a short howling when he eats a mode much cooler
Also when using the dire wolf, do you still get the points from the mode you have earned so far? Or is it just the 5M the wolf awards? The game says 5M total on the screen, but at least some modes do award points right away if I'm not mistaken.
Some kind of benefit from choosing random would be nice. Maybe just a little higher scores, maybe start with Bonus x2, maybe a special Random end of ball bonus (fixed or a percentage of the ball score).
And I still think a super skill shot (like hitting the orbit switch, but not the pops on the Pro) would be nice

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Also when using the dire wolf, do you still get the points from the mode you have earned so far?

Just the dire wolf points. The dire wolf points will always be 5mm unless playfield multipliers are running.

Quoted from cynric:

but at least some modes do award points right away if I'm not mistaken.

This is correct. I suggest if your in modes like Tyrell or Targaryen and drain during them, use the action button to complete them before draining.

Quoted from cynric:

And I still think a super skill shot (like hitting the orbit switch, but not the pops on the Pro) would be nice

Asked Dwight and this ain’t happening on the Pro. I believe the prem has a super skill shot.

Quoted from cynric:

What is that dire wolf sound?

Dire wolf growling. It’s awesome.

#6107 4 years ago

I tell you what, this code update just vaulted this already great game into a top ten GOAT. I’ve owned my pro for a year and a half which for me is usually byebye time for most games. I still get a rush from this game like no other. The only way mine leaves any time soon is if it gets swapped out for a premium. Great job Dwight and crew.

#6108 4 years ago

I’m loving the new code. Just had this happen.

Usually I play martell for the add-a-ball in multiball feature, but lately I’ve been trying everything again. I was playing as Targaryen, in blackwater multiball with Lannister and stark modes running. I had a simuldranious event on my 3rd and 2nd last ball. (Killing multiball usually) normally I would smack the lockdown button to add-a-ball, restart the ball save and continue with multiball.

Instinctively I smacked the button same as usual, but Targaryen freezes timers. So, I was down to one ball in play, but blackwater multiball was STILL active. I was even able to smack the super jackpot and take out a couple Lannister shots before it stopped the modes. Love it.

#6109 4 years ago

I want one. Someone send me some money!

#6110 4 years ago

Also rocked though castle multiball for the first time. That’s pretty great for a shitty player like me to get, just couldn’t hook it up in a game before for some reason.

#6111 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

So, I was down to one ball in play, but blackwater multiball was STILL active.

Sounds like it froze the grace period. Not sure that’s intended.

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like it froze the grace period. Not sure that’s intended.

Ya, I didn’t know if it was planned, but Targaryen might freeze ALL timers, and keep blackwater going even if your down to one ball.

Call it a feature or a bug, I don’t care, it was fun.

#6113 4 years ago

Is castle multiball brand new? Don't recall that from before...

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Is castle multiball brand new? Don't recall that from before...

Only on pre/le, on the upper play field. And its changed from before (from what I hear).

#6115 4 years ago

I got to the Iron Throne for my first time last night and it was great. I picked Targaryian and chose the easiest path but who cares, i still felt like i accomplished a major milestone. ....yeah i know, I'm a scrub.

I also probably set a record for the lowest score ever for anyone that has reached the Iron Throne.

20190721_030545 (resized).jpg20190721_030545 (resized).jpg20190721_030609 (resized).jpg20190721_030609 (resized).jpg
#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to the Iron Throne for my first time last night and it was great. I picked Targaryian and chose the easiest path but who cares, i still felt like i accomplished a major milestone. ....yeah i know, I'm a scrub.
I also probably set a record for the lowest score ever for anyone that has reached the Iron Throne.[quoted image][quoted image]

Your the man Terry. I've downloaded new code but have not installed it yet. Just got back from vacation and now at work. Working 16 hour day. I'll see if I can score lower and before "Winter Has Come". Because it my be a few more days before I have time to install it.

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your the man Terry. I've downloaded new code but have not installed it yet. Just got back from vacation and now at work. Working 16 hour day. I'll see if I can score lower and before "Winter Has Come". Because it my be a few more days before I have time to install it.

You are going to find a new love for this game once you start playing it. Its always been a great game but i feel like this code has just been a game changer. I cant wait to play the other houses now. I feel like i just got a new pinball machine. Those 16 hour shifts are a bitch, hang in there buddy!

#6118 4 years ago

Any Idea why these new rules doesn’t work om my LE game with 1.36 update
(The switch is working and gives upper play field multipliers, but not advance to castle multiball or spots a house in house mode, and is lit solid all the time)

“- Added House Mode completion when you collect the Castle Award. The mode will immediately end and you will receive bonus points.

Added a new Castle Corner rule:
- On the upper playfield, the first time the ball goes through the right return lane, the top left corner will light for a few seconds.
- If you shoot the corner before the light times-out the game will spot the next level you need on the path to CASTLE MULTIBALL. IE. ARCHERS, CHARGE, BREECH.
- This is only available once per ball.”

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Any Idea why these new rules doesn’t work om my LE game with 1.36 update
(The switch is working and gives upper play field multipliers, but not advance to castle multiball or spots a house in house mode, and is lit solid all the time)
“- Added House Mode completion when you collect the Castle Award. The mode will immediately end and you will receive bonus points.
Added a new Castle Corner rule:
- On the upper playfield, the first time the ball goes through the right return lane, the top left corner will light for a few seconds.
- If you shoot the corner before the light times-out the game will spot the next level you need on the path to CASTLE MULTIBALL. IE. ARCHERS, CHARGE, BREECH.
- This is only available once per ball.”

You say it is lit solid all the time, but what color? If the ball rolls down the right inlane it should turn Blue for the Castle advance. Check your Upper PF inlane switches. My left one is out right now.

#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You say it is lit solid all the time, but what color? If the ball rolls down the right inlane it should turn Blue for the Castle advance. Check your Upper PF inlane switches. My left one is out right now.

LOTR_breath OK, Thanks

- I checked and the right inlane switch is working but it doesn´t turn the castle advance blue. It is lit solid orange and doesn´t change when the right inlane is triggered

Any more suggestions?

#6121 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

lotr_breath OK, Thanks
- I checked and the right inlane switch is working but it doesn´t turn the castle advance blue. It is lit solid orange and doesn´t change when the right inlane is triggered
Any more suggestions?

Do a light test if it is able to shine white.
If not one of the colors (Rgb) is broken.

#6122 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Early on in my Prem, the left inlane would not light up as expected. I thought I was failing to reach some prerequisite goal.

With a quick check under the playfield, I noticed one of the wires on that RGB assy had broken free of its solder joint, just hanging there. A touch with a soldering iron reattached the wire. Done. I also poked around several other RGB assys and touched-up a few more sketchy looking joints.

#6123 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

lotr_breath OK, Thanks
Any more suggestions?

Also, if you hit the three stand-ups on the upper PF the Turn around shot should turn blue.

If your lights check out as suggested above, there are two things I would suggest. Try doing a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, try downloading a fresh copy of the code from Stern and re-load onto your game.

In some instances, I have seen small features not working/quit working with a corrupt file download on some other Sterns.

#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Early on in my Prem, the left inlane would not light up as expected. I thought I was failing to reach some prerequisite goal.
With a quick check under the playfield, I noticed one of the wires on that RGB assy had broken free of its solder joint, just hanging there. A touch with a soldering iron reattached the wire. Done. I also poked around several other RGB assys and touched-up a few more sketchy looking joints.

Yes of course.

With my TNA I had to resolder about 20 LED because the green wouldn't work.

With my Stern Star Trek I had to replace one RGB LED, it was just broken.

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Also, if you hit the three stand-ups on the upper PF the Turn around shot should turn blue.
If your lights check out as suggested above, there are two things I would suggest. Try doing a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it, try downloading a fresh copy of the code from Stern and re-load onto your game.
In some instances, I have seen small features not working/quit working with a corrupt file download on some other Sterns.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If I hit the three stand up targets on upper play field, the light isn’t turning blue but if I then hit one of the two blue lit shot lanes I get awarded with advance towards castle multiball, that should be as expected then besides the light not turning blue on the corner shot! I can get to castle multiball that way

The turn around shot light is ok, In test and attract more it is able to show Red, Green and blue and white.
I did a factory reset - didn’t help
I downloaded the new code again to a fresh USB stick and did a full and validated update again - didn’t help.

Getting frustrated here

#6126 4 years ago

Very strange indeed....

#6127 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

If I hit the three stand up targets on upper play field, the light isn’t turning blue but if I then hit one of the two blue lit shot lanes I get awarded with advance towards castle multiball, that should be as expected then besides the light not turning blue on the corner shot! I can get to castle multiball that way
The turn around shot light is ok, In test and attract more it is able to show Red, Green and blue and white.
I did a factory reset - didn’t help
I downloaded the new code again to a fresh USB stick and did a full and validated update again - didn’t help.
Getting frustrated here

Take the glass off for this test and try this...
- Start a game
- Take the ball out of the shooter lane - and just put it aside
- On the Upper Playfield, trigger the right lane switch (that feeds the right flipper) with your finger
----- The Castle Loop arrow should flash about 5 times to signal the "Special Feature" is lit
- Trigger the Castle Loop switch with your finger
----- This should award you a Castle Advance towards Castle Multiball

Please do this step by step and post your result

#6128 4 years ago

I now see what the premium and LE owners were saying about the light intensity. Whoa baby. Thank Dwight for putting in settings for brightness for inserts and flashers. I’m at 110 and 40% for each of them. That’s a lot better for me.

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I now see what the premium and LE owners were saying about the light intensity.

It’s like watching a psychedelic rock show through Christmas light glasses. I love it.

#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I now see what the premium and LE owners were saying about the light intensity. Whoa baby. Thank Dwight for putting in settings for brightness for inserts and flashers. I’m at 110 and 40% for each of them. That’s a lot better for me.

There's also the adjustment that says "reduce intense lighting effects" or something to that effect.

#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There's also the adjustment that says "reduce intense lighting effects" or something to that effect.

Got that turned on too. Haha

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Take the glass off for this test and try this...
- Start a game

OK - Take the ball out of the shooter lane - and just put it aside
OK - On the Upper Playfield, trigger the right lane switch (that feeds the right flipper) with your finger
----- The Castle Loop arrow should flash about 5 times to signal the "Special Feature" is lit
Doesn´t flash, stats lit solid orange
OK - Trigger the Castle Loop switch with your finger
----- This should award you a Castle Advance towards Castle
Doen´t award castle avance, but awards me 2 x playfield multiplier (Upper playfield)

#6133 4 years ago

When you start game does it award any point before ball is in play? Upper playfield acts as if you missed your chance for Arrows. Like playfield has been validated.
Do same thing again with ball removed. If you just get X2 playfield again then Hit your 3 upper playfield targets. Then when your 2 targets light trigger one of them to see if you get Arrows.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

OK - On the Upper Playfield, trigger the right lane switch (that feeds the right flipper) with your finger
Doen´t award castle avance, but awards me 2 x playfield multiplier (Upper playfield)

OK then, try the following, and watch the color of the Castle Loop Arrow the entire time...
- Begin with the game on, but in attract mode (no game started)
- Start a game (don't do anything else)
----- What color is the Castle Loop Arrow, at Game Start? (ball still in the plunger)
----- --- please note if there was any flashing of colors
- Take the ball out, and trigger the Castle Right Flipper In-lane Switch
----- Did the arrow color change?

- EDIT - The game should start with the Castle Loop arrow red - when you hit the upper right inlane, it should flash and go blue
Go into switch tests and make sure the related switches are working properly - mainly the upper right inlane

#6135 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

This tells me that maybe your upper right return lane switch is not working.

BTW - the solid orange means the loop will award an upper playfield multiplier.

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This tells me that maybe your upper right return lane switch is not working.
BTW - the solid orange means the loop will award an upper playfield multiplier.

The switch is checked and is working in switch test, I will remove the upper playfield and see if there are any things that’s needs better connections, after that I will give up

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

The switch is checked and is working in switch test, I will remove the upper playfield and see if there are any things that’s needs better connections, after that I will give up

Be absolutely certain you’re on new code. Maybe try reloading it.

Also the suggestion to see if the playfield is being validated too early is a good idea too.

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be absolutely certain you’re on new code

Ya I really don’t think the code updated correctly.

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

I see you have a great collection. Play another game and come back to the this game that is part of your great collection. But don't give up the answer will come.

#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be absolutely certain you’re on new code. Maybe try reloading it.
Also the suggestion to see if the playfield is being validated too early is a good idea too.

chuckwurt T7 Problem solved, from factory they mixed the right inlane switch and right leaf switch up, because of that I need to trigger the leaf switch that now the game has connected as the inlane, then it works. Stupid of me to only check that the switches worked and not that the correct one was triggered. It is the same fault on the left side. You never stop learning in this hobby.

Question - Is it enough to switch the white and white/violet cables between these 2 switches and leave the black on both?

And thanks to you all that helped with suggestions, wonderful to have this forum to turn to.

#6141 4 years ago

I would switch all the wires to the correct switches.

#6142 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would switch all the wires to the correct switches.

Ok, Thanks, I’ll get it done and then start to enjoy the new code!

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

chuckwurt T7 Problem solved, from factory they mixed the right inlane switch and right leaf switch up, because of that I need to trigger the leaf switch that now the game has connected as the inlane, then it works. Stupid of me to only check that the switches worked and not that the correct one was triggered. It is the same fault on the left side. You never stop learning in this hobby.
Question - Is it enough to switch the white and white/violet cables between these 2 switches and leave the black on both?
And thanks to you all that helped with suggestions, wonderful to have this forum to turn to.

GZ that you found it!

(Noone of us could have ever guessed THAT!!!) XD

#6144 4 years ago

Wow, nice find!

#6145 4 years ago

Just getting around to playing GOT PRO again. I was never any good and my GOT has served me well on route. Very excited to delve into the new code but I do have a tech question:

Hard, clean shots to the Targaryen dragon will oftentimes come out flying right back down. It is intermittent and it seems shots with less speed seem to activate the post better.

This is a lazy question as I have not taken anything apart to investigate but is there a target back up in there that then activates the post? Are there other known causes of this kind of activity

Thanks for the input and setting me in the right direction as far as trouble shooting.

Darin

#6146 4 years ago

It should always shoot back at you unless extra ball or mystery is lit.

It’s just an opto back there that triggers the kickback.

#6147 4 years ago

Great! Thanks for the update! For some reason I thought I remembered it always grabbing the ball but it’s been a year since I’ve really put any time on it.

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

So with switches wired wrong playfield was getting validated.

#6149 4 years ago

Game code 1.37 :

LE/PREMIUM V1.37 - July 29th, 2019
==================================
New:
- Added an adjustment to DISABLE THRONE. If this is set to YES the ball will
enter the elevator, do all the throne awards, then kick the ball to the
upper playfield and never send the ball to the Iron Throne.
- Added an adjustment, ALLOW UP.CORNER COMPLETE HOUSE, to allow the owner to
turn off the default upper playfield ability to complete house modes.
- Added an adjustment, LANNISTER BUTTONS PER GAME, to limit the number of
Lannister button uses per game. It defaults to 8. This adjustment is
affected by the difficulty and competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, TARGARYEN FREEZE TIME, to allow the owner to change how
long the timers are frozen. It defaults to 12. This adjustment is
affected by the difficulty and competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, DIRE WOLF FREQUENCY, to allow the owner some flexibility
in how many and how often the player can use the Stark Dire Wolf button
ability. The settings are 0 to 5 times per game and once per ball. The
default is ONCE PER BALL. This adjustment was added to difficulty and
competition installs.
- Added an adjustment, TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER, that allows the owner to change
how many dragons are completed when the player chooses Targaryen for their
house. It will default to all 3 dragons are defeated. This adjustment was
added to difficulty and competition installs.
- Added several adjustments to the competition install.
SWORDS UNLOCK MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Cannot increase playfield until at
least one sword collected.
RAM HITS FOR MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Takes more hits per multiplier
TWO BANK DIFFICULTY - EXTRA HARD - The two bank will always time out.
BLACKWATER BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
WALL BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
HAND BALL SAVE TIMER - 8 seconds
IRON THRONE BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
WINTER HAS COME BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
LEFT DROPS AWARD LORD OF LIGHT - OFF - Bank will not light the outlanes.
LANNISTER BUTTONS PER GAME - EXTRA HARD - 4 buttons per game
TARGARYEN FREEZE TIME - HARD - 10 seconds
TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER - HARD - Two dragons are completed at the start
DIRE WOLF FREQUENY - HARD - 2 per game Dire Wolf house mode completing

Tweaked:
- If you have less than 300 gold and you had mystery lit, mystery will
un-light until you have at least 300 gold again.
- Increased the cost to buy multipliers with House Lannister from 500 gold per
multiplier to 600 gold per. Meaning you now need 1200 gold for 2X, 1800 for
3X, 2400 for 4X, and 3000 for 5X. It's now a total of 8400 gold for all 4 up
from 7000 for all 4 before.
- Reduced how much gold is awarded to House Lannister for most events.
New Target was 125 now 100
Targets complete was 750 now 500
PICT-O_POPS was 750 now 250
Ball Locked was 350 now 250
Complete Lannister was 500 now 400
- Increased Wall Multiball scores for House Baratheon and all the others.
- Reduced the Iron Throne Scores.
- Reduced score bump in Hand of the King multiball if you brought Targaryen or
Lannister.
- Made the glass shatter sound louder in Winter Multiball when you kill the
lieutenant.
- Improved some choreography
- Improved the Taragryen Champion page of the attract mode to look like the
other champion pages.
- Reduced the max Baratheon score from 275M to 150M
- Increased Castle Multiball scoring. Supers are worth more and each regular
jackpot will increase the Super Jackpot value.
- The 4th stage of Blackwater on the upper playfield now awards a Super
Jackpot.
- Improved the quality of some of the speech calls
- Improved when the game sets valid playfield. This will fixed two things:
- The game will not let you waste your button ability accidently before
valid playfield.
- Short plunging and then hitting drop targets will set valid playfield
and therefore stop people from just letting the ball drain.
- Improved Targaryen award sounds

Fixed:
- WILDFIRE MINI-MODE was misspelled
- Fixed the upper playfield Blackwater jackpot lights not blinking or showing
their state like they should.
- Jackpots were being awarded in Blackwater multiball when the 3rd ball was
being released from the lock. The whole ball release sequence was slowed down
a small bit to prevent this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.