371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 144.
#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was your final score?

Played a couple games as Targaryen and scored 1.6 and 1.8B. Completed all houses except Baratheon/Tyrell. HOTK and Castle MB completed. Didn’t try any real strategy other than get to IT as fast as possible.

#6052 4 years ago

Updated my game and for my first with the new code I decided to go random. Obviously it landed on martell which didn’t change in the code update. Ended up getting my best score by far for the night though.

Also I have noticed that my right martell shot sometimes doesn’t register during black water multiball. I know this happened on the old code but thought it was a bug. It only happens during black water. I have never had it not register a shot or plunge outside of black water. Anyone else notice this?

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What was your final score?

2.5 billionish. I totally get that your points suffer taking the shortcuts. I generally do not care about points when I am not competing. I'm all about the journey. The more I think about it though, I do like that there is the option to make the path to the throne easier, along with so many other ways to play it. In my perfect world, I'd love to see those couple tweaks, but honestly, it's really awesome as is. So many options, and I think he really nailed giving a strategy for everyone. You can take a quick charge to the throne, or you can make multiballs quicker (or longer), or you can give yourself a free ball save, rack up the multipliers, etc, etc. There is a great power for just about any scenario, and for the most part they make total sense thematically even. Just brilliant stuff. Loved this game before...love it more now!

#6054 4 years ago

Wow does the gold ever pile up as Lannister. Cool buying the multipliers too.

#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Code!!

PRO V1.36 - July 14th, 2019

A simple link would have worked better. Nice long post.

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Played a couple games as Targaryen and scored 1.6 and 1.8B. Completed all houses except Baratheon/Tyrell. HOTK and Castle MB completed. Didn’t try any real strategy other than get to IT as fast as possible.

Wow.
My scores have gotten worse with the new code.
Could be the fact I haven't played my GoT Prem for a while and I just fired it up with the new code an hour ago and put on a few games.
LOVE the upper playfield now. So much more to do.

Quick question-
Anyone have LED intensity settings they recommend for this new code update?
I turned down one of the settings to prevent total blindness but if someone has good custom settings i'd love to try them out.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

2.5 billionish. I totally get that your points suffer taking the shortcuts. I generally do not care about points when I am not competing. I'm all about the journey. The more I think about it though, I do like that there is the option to make the path to the throne easier, along with so many other ways to play it. In my perfect world, I'd love to see those couple tweaks, but honestly, it's really awesome as is. So many options, and I think he really nailed giving a strategy for everyone. You can take a quick charge to the throne, or you can make multiballs quicker (or longer), or you can give yourself a free ball save, rack up the multipliers, etc, etc. There is a great power for just about any scenario, and for the most part they make total sense thematically even. Just brilliant stuff. Loved this game before...love it more now!

From reading the patch notes and watching the streams it does look like it’s much easier to progress. My first thought to this was...make it harder. Take off the outlanes, take away the gimmie extra balls, challenge yourself, and setup the game to your skill level...that is, if you have access to do that

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If I still had my pro, I know I would prefer this as a setting.
Rob

But you gave up your right to vote.

#6059 4 years ago

Here I am chopping wood. I don’t know why the upload quality is so poor. I get the houses lit, but couldn’t hit anything tonight.

Of course the lights look better with the eye then through the camera

#6060 4 years ago

Takes a bit for the video to process full quality.

#6061 4 years ago

I just played a dozen games on my Premium with the new code and wow, this code and firmware take GoT to another level! The whole game plays smoother, better light shows, new callouts, unique house abilities, bass and treble adjustment. I couldn’t stop pressing the start button, I got very close to reaching Iron Throne for the first time. This game is definitely a keeper, great job Stern and Dwight!
DA03330C-D5BC-4A38-ADA7-3C310F5A5A34 (resized).jpegDA03330C-D5BC-4A38-ADA7-3C310F5A5A34 (resized).jpeg

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Updated my game and for my first with the new code I decided to go random. Obviously it landed on martell which didn’t change in the code update. Ended up getting my best score by far for the night though.
Also I have noticed that my right martell shot sometimes doesn’t register during black water multiball. I know this happened on the old code but thought it was a bug. It only happens during black water. I have never had it not register a shot or plunge outside of black water. Anyone else notice this?

I don't know if it's a bug persay. It happens when the ball save is still on if you've lost a ball recently.

I.E. You lose a ball during multi-ball... then you hit the right martial shot around the time ball save kicks a ball back in the trough... the game thinks the auto launch has hit the shot and not you and doesn't give you the credit for the shot. Just bad timing.

#6063 4 years ago

My play at home is also about the journey and not the points, that's why I think it's such a pity Targaryen gets an autospot and Iron throne is a lot easier to reach. Adding a dragon shot on the end of every mode is a great idea but would involve a lot more coding I think.
My idea was to make targaryan instead of a 3 level a 1 (longer) level mode where you have to defeat the dragon that went to the night king.
And direwolves would maybe better to take away one shot in a mode (except the last one to finish that mode) instead of completely finishing the mode at once.
People having their games set to 5 balls (or like it happens a lot on location here in Europe 5 balls + 1 or 2 extra's) means you can knockout 6 or 7 of the 9 modes with your direwolves!! So in my opinion, way overpowered...

For this reason I think I will play at random, cause I see myself picking targaryan or stark to reach Iron throne fast. (info, my game is set to 3 balls + 1 extra, outlanes wide)

If the base value of the jackpots in hand of the king and iron throne would be tied to the nr of shots made in modes then I could live with it too.
Does a defeated targaryen instead of a chosen targararyen gives you more benefit in HOTK?

I've been thinking about playing as Greyjoy as a strategy... the downside now is that you loose the martell ability for the rest of the game like it was in the old code when you had defeated that house (now untill you defeat another house) BUT you get this in return, correct me if i'm incorrect on how the logic works with greyjoy:

- you defeat for example stark on ball 1 and have a direwolf as action button (and increased winter is coming for the rest of the game)

- you start another mode like lannister and you defeat them with your direwolf --> so you immediately get a new action button award in the same ball?: buying multipliers (and of course earning more gold for rest of the game + already earned increased winter is coming)

- you go to baratheon and cash in big with your multipliers from lannister gold and beat them

- you now have a new action button for 3 sec lord of light from baratheon (+ increased gold + increased winter is coming + advance wall multiball faster)

- etc....

So if you defeated tyrell as greyjoy you better cash iron bank when you're about to defeat your next house?

Is this correct?

#6064 4 years ago

Arrrgh I need to get another one of these. Didn’t want to sell it but circumstances weren’t kind at the time.
It was such a great game before this imho. Enjoy everyone.

#6065 4 years ago

Yes.

Also stop picking Targaryen and stark if it makes the game too easy. Haha.

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

People having their games set to 5 balls (or like it happens a lot on location here in Europe 5 balls + 1 or 2 extra's) means you can knockout 6 or 7 of the 9 modes with your direwolves!! So in my opinion, way overpowered...

Sorry but this is just silly. Stern can’t code their games to accommodate people that set their games up stupid easy all the time. Leave the game default. If the game is too easy, set it up harder.

#6067 4 years ago

Does a defeated targaryen instead of a chosen targararyen gives you more benefit in HOTK?

No.

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes.

This was my realization last night. I've decided I haven't truly beaten the game until I have sat on the throne as all seven houses. So that's my new goal.

I can see picking Targaryen from time to time when I just want to get to IT without too much trouble (still not easy, but way more obtainable), because it's a cool mode I haven't seen much of or done well in. I will likely take one of the other houses usually though. For me the dragon battles, especially Drogon, are a huge highlight of the game. For the most part, Drogon IS my wizard mode, and that battle is INTENSE. That is what pinball is all about to me. I can't see denying myself of that part of the game very often, but it's really cool to have the option to skip past it to the stuff I do not usually get to see.

I do also appreciate how thematic it is. Since the Targaryen mode is literally fighting against the dragons, it wouldn't make any sense to do that if that is your house choice. Most of the other houses have modes that are not a direct battle against the house, so it isn't weird to have to complete your own house mode. That is great attention to detail.

I just had to change my mindset a little bit. When you boil it down, it's a lot like Star Wars, where certain characters make it much easier to get to certain planet multiballs by skipping some modes. But sometimes you just feel like fighting a Rancor, so Luke is your man, even if it's a lot harder to blow up the Endor Death Star that it would be with Han. Of course in this case none of them really feel like a shortcut to the Emperor, but the theory is the same.

#6069 4 years ago

Now you’re getting it! Haha. Great comparison to SW. completely agree.

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes.

You can laugh about it but If I pick them or not, It takes away the magic of reaching IT, knowing there is a 'shortcut'.
5 ball location setup is not silly but reality...

#6071 4 years ago

You can laugh about it but If I pick them or not, It takes away the magic of reaching IT,

I disagree. Because if I pick those houses my goal is IT 2. How magical would that be to get there a second time in one game while ripping huge spinners along the way?

Sucks your locations feel the need to set games on 5 ball. No quicker way to ruin the experience of a modern game for me.

#6072 4 years ago

As far as playing as Targaryen being too easy - it totally matches the show. Having 3 dragons *IS* the easy path to the Iron Throne.

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I disagree. Because if I pick those houses my goal is IT 2. How magical would that be to get there a second time in one game while ripping huge spinners along the way?
Sucks your locations feel the need to set games on 5 ball. No quicker way to ruin the experience of a modern game for me.

Exactly. I walk away on ball 4.

#6074 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes.

This!!!

#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

make it harder. Take off the outlanes, take away the gimmie extra balls, challenge yourself, and setup the game to your skill level

PAPA put lighting flippers on their GOTLE.

#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This was my realization last night. I've decided I haven't truly beaten the game until I have sat on the throne as all seven houses. So that's my new goal.

Great goal - good way to try and experience everything the game has to offer.

#6077 4 years ago
Quoted from beeker3000:

PAPA put lighting flippers on their GOTLE.

Nice! I love me some lightning flippers. I'm about to put some on my IMDN and tweak the settings around

#6078 4 years ago

(to follow)

#6079 4 years ago

The rules for the Targaryen mode are also a bit different with respect to the other houses on the upper playfield.

If you are playing any other house, if you hit all three targets on the upper playfield, and then the left corner shot, you end the mode you are in.

If you are playing Targaryen, if you do this for Targ 1, you end Targ 1. If you then start Targ 2 and go to the upper playfield, you only get points for hitting the upper targets. Doesn't help for completion. If you are in Targ 3 (Drogon), you also don't get to complete the mode like you would for Targ 1 (three targets and then the left corner), BUT the targets on the upper playfield DO count as made shots and damage Drogon. I like this set up.

What I have not checked is, if you don't get the Targaryen Castle on Targ 1 or 2, but then you do it on Targ 3. Not sure if that ends the mode or not. If it does, it is also cool in that you can basically save up that power for Targ 3.

#6080 4 years ago

To complete a mode on the upper playfield do you have to do it the first try or can you drain to the lower playfield mess around and go back up and complete it?

#6081 4 years ago

Playing as Stark, I used Direwolf to complete Targ and it gave me 10mil. Anyone else?

08E38AE3-DA9E-443A-B11E-BE70BC466917 (resized).jpeg08E38AE3-DA9E-443A-B11E-BE70BC466917 (resized).jpeg
#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Playing as Stark, I used Direwolf to complete Targ and it gave me 10mil. Anyone else?

Yeah I think others have seen this. But I think LOTR_breath reported more than that? Playfield x may be to blame?

#6083 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I don't know if it's a bug persay. It happens when the ball save is still on if you've lost a ball recently.
I.E. You lose a ball during multi-ball... then you hit the right martial shot around the time ball save kicks a ball back in the trough... the game thinks the auto launch has hit the shot and not you and doesn't give you the credit for the shot. Just bad timing.

I kind of assumed this, it just seemed to be more obvious last night when I was playing. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's not a switch issue as well. Thanks.

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To complete a mode on the upper playfield do you have to do it the first try or can you drain to the lower playfield mess around and go back up and complete it?

You can go up and down as many times as necessary, just as in the old code. You hit one, then it lights the two outside, then the middle and then the castle. You can do this in as many tries as you want. So if you fall off upper playfield, you just get it back up there and keep going.

#6085 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Playing as Stark, I used Direwolf to complete Targ and it gave me 10mil. Anyone else?[quoted image]

Yes, I used Dire Wolf to complete Targ 3 and it gave me 20M.

#6086 4 years ago

Any advice on these errors? 2/2 is throne. Both seem to be working, however when I turn the game on they start firing right away then stop. If I start a game ball sits in vuk, ball search pops in to throne,then another ball search, then pops it onto field.
I removed the vuk, switch is working fine, what am I missing? Also upper PF seem like it's dark no lights at start up but flippers work.
Thanks

20190719_140151 (resized).jpg20190719_140151 (resized).jpg
#6087 4 years ago

Installed new code on my LE and now the VUK that goes to the throne is too hard and the ball rolls off the seat of the throne. Is there an adjustment for the VUK?

#6088 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Installed new code on my LE and now the VUK that goes to the throne is too hard and the ball rolls off the seat of the throne. Is there an adjustment for the VUK?

I had this problem before the update - you can adjust the ramp that goes to the throne to slow it down. Sorry but I don't remember exactly what I did, but an adjustment of the ramp definitely works.

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Playing as Stark, I used Direwolf to complete Targ and it gave me 10mil. Anyone else?[quoted image]

I think this is based on the playfield multipliers that are running. Both upper and lower. They are multiplicative for the upper playfield (i.e. if you have 3X on the lower and 3X on the upper, you have 9X for shots on the upper playfield (with 3X for shots on the lower)). So the upper can be worth a lot more.

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think this is based on the playfield multipliers that are running. Both upper and lower. They are multiplicative for the upper playfield (i.e. if you have 3X on the lower and 3X on the upper, you have 9X for shots on the upper playfield (with 3X for shots on the lower)). So the upper can be worth a lot more.

The way I see it, the upper playfield multipliers are like the shot multipliers on the lower playfield. Lower playfield shots can be up to 6X times the playfield multipliers for a maximum on the lower playfield of 30X.

#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've decided I haven't truly beaten the game until I have sat on the throne as all seven houses. So that's my new goal

Just read that and thought “that’s a cool thing to do! I’ll do it!”

Then I thought ... “wait? Didn’t I do that already?” I seem to remember writing about it.

Searched on this thread and nothing ... Started doubting myself. A real “senior moment”. Lol. Finally found it on Facebook. Had to find it for my own sanity. Haha.

rd

1D293394-FC3B-4655-9131-30441D2992B1 (resized).png1D293394-FC3B-4655-9131-30441D2992B1 (resized).png
#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just read that and thought “that’s a cool thing to do! I’ll do it!”
Then I thought ... “wait? Didn’t I do that already?” I seem to remember writing about it.
Searched on this thread and nothing ... Started doubting myself. A real “senior moment”. Lol. Finally found it on Facebook. Had to find it for my own sanity. Haha.
rd[quoted image]

Haha...nice! I just finished my second one...the other "shortcut" method, Stark. Now, I'm still keeping an open mind about it not being too overpowered, but wow! I hit Iron Throne on ball one (full disclosure it was actually an extra ball, but still). Beat Iron Throne for the first time (holy crap that was cool!). Got to Hand of the King a second time, and ended up two modes away from the Throne a second time. I'm freaking exhausted but it was fun! I obliterated any score I've ever gotten...almost 28 billion. 25.5 billion of that was IT. So much fun, but I still feel like I'm cheating by not actually fighting the dragons. Two houses down, five to go. No more shortcuts now!

Man I love this game!

27157726-4DA6-4139-B34D-E49F94AF6501 (resized).jpeg27157726-4DA6-4139-B34D-E49F94AF6501 (resized).jpegB35A4BA6-C7EC-4858-A3B2-C6913EF43EAE (resized).jpegB35A4BA6-C7EC-4858-A3B2-C6913EF43EAE (resized).jpeg
#6093 4 years ago

Does anyone else's game seem "snappier"? Not sure if I'm imagining it, but the coils seem more crisp and strong after the update. I know the system code was updated, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Also, so thankful for the backbox dimming setting during game. Love that feature!

#6094 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

almost 28 billion. 25.5 billion of that was IT.

They must have really bumped the scoring on IT. I think my old best IT was like 4b.

rd

#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Haha...nice! I just finished my second one...the other "shortcut" method, Stark. Now, I'm still keeping an open mind about it not being too overpowered, but wow! I hit Iron Throne on ball one (full disclosure it was actually an extra ball, but still). Beat Iron Throne for the first time (holy crap that was cool!). Got to Hand of the King a second time, and ended up two modes away from the Throne a second time. I'm freaking exhausted but it was fun! I obliterated any score I've ever gotten...almost 28 billion. 25.5 billion of that was IT. So much fun, but I still feel like I'm cheating by not actually fighting the dragons. Two houses down, five to go. No more shortcuts now!
Man I love this game![quoted image][quoted image]

That must have been one sweet Iron Throne battle.

#6096 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Man I love this game![quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shitballs! 28 bil.?

#6097 4 years ago

Has there been any changes to IT or HotK? More call outs or sounds, animations, etc.?

#6098 4 years ago

Like Jediturtle I had a killer game on stark! Used the direwolf for drogon. Ended up defeating the iron throne once then drained right after. First time I've ever defeated the wizard mode. Wow!

20190719_225822 (resized).jpg20190719_225822 (resized).jpg20190719_225838 (resized).jpg20190719_225838 (resized).jpg
#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They must have really bumped the scoring on IT. I think my old best IT was like 4b.
rd

No changes to IT at all. But when you start getting there with multipliers running like crazy and god forbid 25x shots you can get 60 billion in IT like Escher has shown us.

Dwight’s working on it.

#6100 4 years ago

well than, hi scores talking lately...

not sure he's a member here on PINSIDE, but Taco W. (hi ranked from Netherlands) did score 53M with the new code

enjoy !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/122?hl=tuxedomask23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.