371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 144.
#5951 4 years ago

Keith just mubled "two weeks"?! XD

#5952 4 years ago

Cool things going on with the code changes, but I hope he rethinks some of those scoring changes. Very Ghostbusters/Star Wars-y and not in a good way.

#5953 4 years ago

Anyone provide a summary?

I caught the choose your house randomizer , Targaryen is playable, then various house abilities. New callouts...

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dwight said he can't answer this.

Hmm...thanks

#5955 4 years ago

I'm liking the new changes to the houses my only concern is the upper PF will become crazy valuable but Dwight said he would address that so I'm excited to see the final version of this update.

#5956 4 years ago

I know.

Not quite the answer I expected as well, when Chuckwurt said Pros are on the line.

We'll see. I want a Pro, they're all sold out here, but I cant afford one anyway and don't want to sell any of my games. :-/

#5957 4 years ago

Did everyone hear Jack say it will be an “excellent” game released on Thursday? Kind of said it in a Bill and Ted sort of way. I’m probably just imagining things.

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Did everyone hear Jack say it will be an “excellent” game released on Thursday? Kind of said it in a Bill and Ted sort of way. I’m probably just imagining things.

I heard the exact same thing. Totally bill and ted.

#5959 4 years ago

I only caught the last 15 min or so, but it looked better

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I heard the exact same thing. Totally bill and ted.

Totally messing wih us!

#5961 4 years ago

Damn you Danger!!!

#5962 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cool things going on with the code changes, but I hope he rethinks some of those scoring changes. Very Ghostbusters/Star Wars-y and not in a good way.

Dwight just loves points. He doesn't code "quest" games.

#5963 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Dwight just loves points. He doesn't code "quest" games.

Depends how you see it I suppose. Turn stacking off on Star Wars and it feels VERY story based.

Quoted from PinMonk:

What’s wrong with SW scoring? Points galore and can be had from all sorts of ways. Either leave your multipliers on the 3-main shots and go for progression strategies; or go for the Leia strat; perhaps blow up light saber as Luke. Do you stack multiballs with modes or planet mb’s? So many ways, so many strategies. Though, a lot of people don’t like that as you actually need to pay to learn the game instead of asking someone what 3 shots do I hit over and over again to get points?

#5964 4 years ago

Oh and GOT feels very quest like to me. Battle houses, become hand of the king; continue your journey to the iron throne and go on the tour of the seven kingdoms. Beware whitewalkers, winter, and other villainous battles on your endeavors.

#5965 4 years ago

i did not catch the feed . Summary please someone . Thanks to whom puts one up that is legit

#5966 4 years ago

This is a great update. The complainers now seem like blind Dwight haters more than anything.

#5967 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Has anyone confirmed that they are making these again? Pros or Premiums?

The NZ distributor posted that Stern were making 100 Pros in July.

They just cut and paste what Stern emails them ... so it’ll be correct.

No mention of anything else. Must have a bunch of Pro playfields in the warehouse.

rd

751897E6-D119-4DE9-9FD7-B19028C372EC (resized).jpeg751897E6-D119-4DE9-9FD7-B19028C372EC (resized).jpeg
#5968 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The NZ distributor posted that Stern were making 100 Pros in July.
They just cut and paste what Stern emails them ... so it’ll be correct.
No mention of anything else. Must have a bunch of Pro playfields in the warehouse.
rd[quoted image]

No premiums?

#5969 4 years ago

So I’m a little confused on the Lannister power. Can you use their buy multipliers power as often as you want granted you have gold? Or just once a ball?

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I’m a little confused on the Lannister power. Can you use their buy multipliers power as often as you want granted you have gold? Or just once a ball?

As long as you have the gold AND the swords collected to allow the level you are buying. So yes, you could go smack, smack, smack and go from 2x to 5x in a second.

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep. As long as you have the gold and have unlocked that specific multiplier level via collecting swords, you can do it as many times as you want.

However. I don’t think it’s possible to keep buying 5x. Once you’re there you might only have that 20 seconds or whatever then it goes back to nothing.

#5972 4 years ago

watching the beginning of the Deadflip video. I am really impressed with Dwights enthusiasm and it sounds like GOT is way more than it was before. (and GB will get a bigger update in the future).

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Must have your gold built up and buy as often as you want.

#5974 4 years ago

when is this new code available?

I dont see it on Stern website???

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

when is this new code available?
I dont see it on Stern website???

In the next week or so.

#5976 4 years ago

thx

is this code only for the premium/le?

or also for Pro?

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh and GOT feels very quest like to me. Battle houses, become hand of the king; continue your journey to the iron throne and go on the tour of the seven kingdoms. Beware whitewalkers, winter, and other villainous battles on your endeavors.

Game of Thrones feels absolutely like a quest to me as well. It's one of my favorites for that reason. Pick Greyjoy and collect houses is my favorite way to play.

#5978 4 years ago

Both pro and premium

#5979 4 years ago

how much do the pros sell for nib?

#5981 4 years ago

Just finished watching the got feed. Update looks great. Glad Stern updated this one with new code. A great game!!!! I have a modded pro and enjoy the hell out of it. A keeper!!!!

E14BFFED-8193-42EE-B288-9C7C4210EEC0 (resized).jpegE14BFFED-8193-42EE-B288-9C7C4210EEC0 (resized).jpegC5560710-2931-4612-BE34-932F4901573F (resized).jpegC5560710-2931-4612-BE34-932F4901573F (resized).jpeg90153C25-916C-4EFE-9FDD-A57DAE55FF79 (resized).jpeg90153C25-916C-4EFE-9FDD-A57DAE55FF79 (resized).jpeg
#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just finished watching the got feed. Update looks great. Glad Stern updated this one with new code. A great game!!!! I have a modded pro and enjoy the hell out of it. A keeper!!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You missed a Mod.

20181021_144512_HDR (resized).jpg20181021_144512_HDR (resized).jpg
#5983 4 years ago

Is there some way the game tells the player what the button power is?

Rob

#5984 4 years ago

Detail that I posted on Tilt forums re: the new GOT code changes to House powers based on watching the stream...
http://tiltforums.com/t/game-of-thrones-pinball-rulesheet/936/575

Can't wait to play it!

#5985 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there some way the game tells the player what the button power is?
Rob

Seems to be by solid color of that houses power (doesn't always have to be the house you're playing too). Looks like you can buy Martel's power or Greyjoy. The color will tell you the power I believe.

#5986 4 years ago

That was a great stream. I really enjoyed it end to end and can't wait to load it on my premium. The commentary, table abuse, it was all good...

Question about the new Stark power for those in the know. When you kill a house with the Dire Wolf power, do you get a flat 5 Mil or do you score all along until you decide to bail on it? Trying to decide if using that power is a thought going into the mode to use right away (I know it has to be first house listed) or if it's like a bailout if your timers are running out but you'd rather just finish the mode.

#5987 4 years ago

Really great update and additions!

Will hotk (and path towards iron throne) not become too easy when being stark?
Starting a mode on ball 1, ball 2, and ball 3 already gives you 3 guaranteed house completions when using the direwolf.

Also a free spotted targaryen when being that hosue is 3 modes less towards iron throne

That in combination with house completions on the upper playfield: maybe too easy then?

It would maybe be good that competition play would randomize the house choice but all the same for all players.

#5988 4 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Seems to be by solid color of that houses power (doesn't always have to be the house you're playing too). Looks like you can buy Martel's power or Greyjoy. The color will tell you the power I believe.

I'm sure Dwight will squeeze something in there somewhere

Rob

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Really great update and additions!
Starting a mode on ball 1, ball 2, and ball 3 already gives you 3 guaranteed house completions when using the direwolf.
Also a free spotted targaryen when being that hosue is 3 modes less towards iron throne
That in combination with house completions on the upper playfield: maybe too easy then?
It would maybe be good that competition play would randomize the house choice but all the same for all players.

Well, Dwight did say when originally designing the house powers it wasn't meant to be 'balanced', but rather for how different players wanted to approach the game. Less skill players may take Direwolf I suppose, but more skilled players may avoid it if it is too easy.

Rob

#5990 4 years ago

Just watched the stream recording and I am quite impressed, great job Dwight! It's really awesome that after all this time Stern allows you to spend weeks on polishing and reworking a game 3 years out of production (not counting the few 100s they are making right now). Shows dedication to the products, probably no one would have thought of them a couple of years ago..

I like that we are getting the new system too, that should hopefully fix the very sporadic volume changes and light show fails
Got a few suggestion though, maybe Stern is reading in here or their testers could get this out to them:

Regarding the random house selection:
In the adjustments a setting for "Random (all players)" and "Random (per player)" would be awesome.
Also choosing random should at least have some benefit to it, maybe slightly higher base jackpot/mode values, a little bit more start gold, or a general +10% score.

Ideas regarding Skill shots on the Pro:
Maybe have an increased score for a hands-free skill shot lane hit. Maybe award something when the orbit switch is hit, but the ball does not enter the pops. Maybe have a super skill shot chosen by holding the left flipper button when plunging, that locks lane change till the next switch hit, opens the pop diverter and scores big time when you hit the lit lane.

Can't wait to put the update on my machine

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

When you kill a house with the Dire Wolf power, do you get a flat 5 Mil or do you score all along until you decide to bail on it?

You get the points you’ve earned in that mode up until you hit the button. Then you get 5mm and mode is done.

It will be easy to get there, but lots of people will have little to no points when they start it.

Again. Take the short cut and watch your overall score suffer.

Is your goal to get to IT or grand champion the game? As Dwight said, the house powers are not supposed to be all created equal but pose options for all skill levels to succeed in the game.

Most players have never seen IT and probably never will on current code. This helps with that.

Good idea. This is in there already. Haha.

#5992 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just finished watching the got feed. Update looks great. Glad Stern updated this one with new code. A great game!!!! I have a modded pro and enjoy the hell out of it. A keeper!!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that translite? Is it a custom alternate or stock?

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is your goal to get to IT or grand champion the game?

Both at the same time

#5994 4 years ago

Both at the same time

Then don’t pick stark or Targaryen!

#5995 4 years ago

Great stream, and amazing update. Can't wait to load it up!

I agree a bit with the Stark and Targaryen powers maybe being too strong. For my, Targaryen was 100% always the toughest thing to complete, as it should be. I can't count how many times Drogon was the only thing standing between me and the Throne, and that is a good thing. I have actually done it though, and if I can do it...it's not too unobtainable, LOL. I understand the fact that the shortcuts will result in much less points, and that is good. Either way I love the changes, but if it were up to me I would massage it just a hair. In my opinion, Targaryen needs to continue to be a legit threat on the way to the Iron Throne.

My 2 cent suggestions:
Stark: Love the direwolf idea and I'm good with how they work other than maybe Targaryen. Wolves are badass, but they can't defeat a dragon. I would keep the ability to use them against Targaryen, but not for an instant kill. As it is you can take out one dragon per ball. I would instead let them do heavy damage to them, but not kill them. Maybe it takes out 3/4 of the first ones health (or even kill the first one maybe), 1/2 of the second one, and 1/3 of Drogon? Still a huge advantage, but not quite the challenge killer it is now.

Targaryen: I LOVE that we can now choose this house!! But I think giving you the automatic spot of the dragons with no repercussions (other than lost points) is a bit much. I would rather see it like Greyjoy, where you get a tough mode spotted, but you "pay for it" by making the other modes all harder. It would be nicely thematic to force a dragon hit or two to end each mode. Again, huge advantage not having to fight the dragons, but you then have the added challenge of "calling them in" to defeat the other houses. A nice dragon roast animation would be a nice cherry on top, LOL.

Again...not complaining what-so-ever about what we are getting. It's a huge update, unexpected, and very welcome. It is going to elevate what is already one of my favorite games. Great job Dwight and crew!

#5996 4 years ago

I personally dont want to see anymore massaging at this stage.

I think it is best to put out this new code, let people play and discover, THEN take some value added feedback from the real world and complete a final polish.

There will be some obvious exploits and balancing needed post release.
Best to just put it out there and then follow up over the next few weeks with the smaller tweaks.

#5997 4 years ago

Didn’t get to watch the full stream, but did Sten mention bug fixes, like “playfield validation” or Super Jackpot?
Hoping there will be a SUPER SkILLshot with the new update, please...
Any new call outs from the Hound?
What were the new mystery items? Did Dwight say only 3 new mystery items being able to buy house abilities and was there any other mysteries beside this? Any enhancements to the video mode? Hoping to get some more time to view this stream later.

#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Didn’t get to watch the full stream, but did Sten mention bug fixes, like “playfield validation” or Super Jackpot?

Playfield validation was not changed
SJP bug fixed
LOL bug fixed
Dragon kickback while mystery lit bug fixed
WHC/Wall stack ball save bug fixed

Quoted from PaulCoff:

No super skill

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Possibly

Quoted from PaulCoff:

What were the new mystery items? Did Dwight say only 3 new mystery items being able to buy house abilities and was there any other mysteries beside this?

I think there are more than just the house abilities, not sure though.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any enhancements to the video mode?

No

#5999 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Where did you get that translite? Is it a custom alternate or stock?

That translite was created by pinsider @T800 a few yrs ago. Love mine vs the Prem stock translite.

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dwight mentioned he added some new callouts, but these were probably selected from the already available set of assets from "up to Season 4" delivered with the game originally. Poking around w/Pinball Browser, I found LOTS of funny callouts that were not used in the game.

Examples:

0x278 - Smash the button!
0x29B - Pick one already!
0x2B3 - Make up your bloody mind!
0x2EE - I like chicken
0x382 - Now let's find some wine and some bitches
0x392 - The F you looking at?
0x3C2 - For Fs sake!
0x3C3 - F off!
0x3CC - What the F are you doing?
0x640 - Hodor!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/120?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.