Topic Stats

• 6,335 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Jeroenos
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 773 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gotrammezel (resized).jpg
62F79ACE-C6E3-42DF-AC98-54F74BDC59D6 (resized).jpeg
5C98F03C-EB00-4B16-BE6A-D07C1211FE0A (resized).jpeg
8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg

There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 127.
#551 4 years ago

Received my pro a couple days ago game play is pretty aussom light show is pinball refinery crazy i likey had one problem with the sound cutting in and out i just reloaded code and seems to be all good anybody notice the extra ball call out sounds dead on adams family

#552 4 years ago

I have heard two Adams homage calls out so far.

Extra ball

Loosing at video mode

No no no

#553 4 years ago

So the guys that have had their pros now for awhile, is GOT still kick ass?

#554 4 years ago

Me personally, I like the game play, shots, and rules, but the light show is pretty harsh and hard on my eyes. During whatever mode the lights dim really low and hard to see the ball, then back to blinding light show.

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Me personally, I like the game play, shots, and rules, but the light show is pretty harsh and hard on my eyes. During whatever mode the lights dim really low and hard to see the ball, then back to blinding light show.

There's an adjustment in the software. Since I changed it, no one has complained of the lights. They might want to make that the default state probably.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes!

Rob

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

There is a setting in the game adjustments to reduce the light show effects. I have not tried it though...

Rob

#558 4 years ago

That's good to know. Some people may like it, but I would have to tone it down if I owned one.

#559 4 years ago

I think the lights is what makes got kick ass

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I think the lights is what makes got kick ass

...among quite a few other things.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, I'm in! No idea when it will ship, but GOT is on its way!

It has... Arrived!

So, who has built a pyramid protector?

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It has... Arrived!

I think mezel has one.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It has... Arrived!

Grats! Pro or LE?
Initial thoughts and reviews please

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grats! Pro or LE?
Initial thoughts and reviews please

I went Pro. I like the way it played on location.

It will take a while for a review. I want to get some type of protectors on it. But from shuffling my hand across the playfield, it's like glass.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It has... Arrived!

Should be available this weekend. image.jpg

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Should be available this weekend. image.jpg

The shadows on the plastic are still off...

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The shadows on the plastic are still off...

Oh, the Stern ones... Yeah, that is something that I'll never notice when I'm playing. Stuff like that just fades into the background.

And I like that you can turn down the brightness of the translite now on SPIKE.

#568 4 years ago

Anyone out there who have the image file for Got Pro that goes on the SD card?

Just got my machine today and there was something wrong with the card = No Fun

Stern is sending me a new card but they do not like to give out the file by itself. (it's almost 3gb )

Probably a long shot but since it could take 4 -5 days to get the card from Stern, I thought it worth the try to ask here in pure desperation.

If this is the wrong thread for this, I am sorry

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#570 4 years ago

theres the code!

#571 4 years ago

Thanks, but that is the game code, I believe. It's the 3 gb Stern SD card Source code for Spike, in an image file that I need

#573 4 years ago

No problem. It's the thought that counts

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We still love it here at our house. As a matter of fact, we had to tell our five year old kid so stop playing too long. He was so upset, he said "Ohhh, I'm going to spit my brain out".

I hope it doesn't come to that.

I would say that GoT has racked up the highest amount of plays in the first month than any other pin that has passed through my collection.

#575 4 years ago

I'm liking being house Greyjoy and then hitting the 3 right orbits to battle the martell house and then getting the add a ball feature for multiballs. It's like walker bombs on twd. When multiball is about to drain. Hit the action button for add a ball and boom. I back to full multiball status

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I'm liking being house Greyjoy

Definitely. For this, as well as stealing the other house abilities. The reward for getting multiple house abilities outweighs the negatives:
- the added difficulty of each mode when playing as Greyjoy
- not having a battle lit to start your first ball
- foregoing the ability to stack two house battles together.

#577 4 years ago

GoTLE does kickass. I made it to the iron throne. Wow what a rush

Everything is set to factory settings.

Really no idea what I was doing but hit

BW mb
Wall mb
WIC mb

I played house Martell. That add a ball during mb is gold to keep mb going

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

#578 4 years ago

Quoted from pinballophobe:GoTLE does kickass. I made it to the iron throne....
Really no idea what I was doing but hit
BW mb
Wall mb
WIC mb...

Sound like GOT would have longevity issues if you didn't know what you were doing but got to iron throne.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Sound like GOT would have longevity issues if you didn't know what you were doing but got to iron throne.

Maybe he's just that good.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Maybe he's just that good.

Very possible.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I should clarified when I say I didn't know what I was doing. What I mean is. I don't know what happens next or when or how to maximize house stack and point scoring strategy

The shots are straight forward by reading the display and shooting the lit lanes.

But I'm not sure how to advance the wall or how many shots to get wall multiball. All I see is "shoot right orbit for wall multiball". Even getting to iron hand. I Didn't know that it takes defeating 4 houses and then it starts. The shots for iron hand are straight forward. It's like in Star Trek after you defeat vengence 1 and you shoot for the white lit lanes

Winter is coming multiball. I didn't even know existed. Until I got it.

The amount of multiballs in got us insane and when it comes on. The dots,sound and lights are off the charts.

GoTLE is definitely easier and slower than Star Trek.

GoTLE is no doubt a really fun game.

#582 4 years ago

Not sure how the game was set up but I can tell you that Star Trek le is a much easier game then gotle the ramp entrances are huge on Star Trek compared to got

#583 4 years ago

Even getting to iron hand. I Didn't know that it takes defeating 4 houses and then it starts.

Well...I was with you until this point. It's written right on the playfield.

#584 4 years ago

Has anyone playing got pro had the ball jump out of the right wire form ramp and get stuck between the ramp and the cabinet by the sword lock? Its happened twice to me and it requires taking off the glass because the ball gets seated pretty well there. Also, when the glass was off and the coin door is open, the flippers still function- is that new to the spike games?

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Has anyone playing got pro had the ball jump out of the right wire form ramp and get stuck between the ramp and the cabinet by the sword lock? Its happened twice to me and it requires taking off the glass because the ball gets seated pretty well there. Also, when the glass was off and the coin door is open, the flippers still function- is that new to the spike games?

No I haven't see the ball get stuck like that on the two Pros I play on location. And yes about the coin door. That changed on Spike.

#586 4 years ago

Having some trouble with the Fan. It starts loud and after ca 10 minutes of play, it's out of this world loud and obnoxious.
Thinking there most be something wrong with mine because this is almost unbearable.

Also, when I got the game, the volume of the speech and music was at ca 30 and that was Really high for this game.(speech much louder than music)

When I turn it down to 5 it is still really high.

It is ok at ca 2. (not experienced this on other nib Stern Games (30 is usually fine)

I also had some troubles with the sound cutting off all the time, but that got better after I received a new SD Card from Stern.

Stern was really fast responding to my problems, though. First the new SD Card and they are now sending me a new cpu card.

Anyone else had these problems?

Game seems fun, though.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Anyone else had these problems?
Game seems fun, though.

Yes, and yes.

#588 4 years ago

I just played GOT Pro on location for the first time on Thursday and could not get enough! I'm not sure I've ever had so much fun with a pinball right off the bat. That dragon shot screaming back on way made me jump out of my skin every time. The ramps are so satisfying and smooth. The modes are interesting and unique, and your ability to choose when and how to stack them is a great strategic element. This machine was on a super steep pitch and the ball was just flying around like crazy. Those gold targets are deadly as hell. GOT Premium Refinery Edition jumped to the top of my wish list. Just love it.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I was with you until this point. It's written right on the playfield.

Really??? Damn I should really look at things like that before I play.

#590 4 years ago

Really??? Damn I should really look at things like that before I play.

Really.

20151219_134150_resized.jpg

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Really.
20151219_134150_resized.jpg

Wow!!! Incredible.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven't played mine in a couple weeks. And pdxmonkey who started this thread says he is ready to sell his. The game is pretty fun but there feels like limited things to do and it gets repetitive feeling pretty quick.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I haven't played mine in a couple weeks. And pdxmonkey who started this thread says he is ready to sell his. The game is pretty fun but there feels like limited things to do and it gets repetitive feeling pretty quick.

Haha. That was quick. I feel like it would take me a couple years at least before I decided to sell a new stern.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game is pretty fun but there feels like limited things to do and it gets repetitive feeling pretty quick.

Do you think that having the mini Playfield is required in this game to avoid the "limited things to do"?

Every pinball game will eventually feel repetitive. The shots will never physically move within the machine. It's the job of the software to alleviate that feeling. Do you think it's possible that the software will adventually make this game feel unique enough to keep in a collection, or is it a lost cause?

Sorry to single you out, but this sounds pretty dismissive so soon after the games release. Do you usually find that games become repetitive so quickly?

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Do you think that having the mini Playfield is required in this game to avoid the "limited things to do"?
Every pinball game will eventually feel repetitive. The shots will never physically move within the machine. It's the job of the software to alleviate that feeling. Do you think it's possible that the software will adventually make this game feel unique enough to keep in a collection, or is it a lost cause?
Sorry to single you out, but this sounds pretty dismissive so soon after the games release. Do you usually find that games become repetitive so quickly?

With the mini you can get castle Multiball so it does add another dimension to the game.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

No, not really. It's a bonus for sure, but not critical for the game being fun. There's still 4 multiballs to master in the pro version and the same number of houses to defeat. If money wasn't an object then sure I would probably trade my pro for a premium when they come available, but with the Canadian dollar sliding into oblivion it is difficult to justify the cost difference.

Rob

#597 4 years ago

Don't know how you can sell a game when the code is still in its infancy.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know how you can sell a game when the code is still in its infancy.

We see this happen, but it does seem crazy to me. If you're not planning to hang onto it for a year then you should buy it IN a year when the software has matured and you play the full game at least.

#599 4 years ago

Well the ball got stuck again. Here is a pic of it. I'm going to leave the ball there and add another to the game until I can figure out a better fix. image.jpeg

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We see this happen, but it does seem crazy to me. If you're not planning to hang onto it for a year then you should buy it IN a year when the software has matured and you play the full game at least.

Shut it Frolic!
Nobody asked your opinion.

; )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 11.95
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.99
Machine - For Sale
Redding, CA
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 6335 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside