371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 144.
#5651 5 years ago

The series finale season is making me want to buy a GOT back! Haha. I don’t think i could go pro again though...

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The series finale season is making me want to buy a GOT back! Haha. I don’t think i could go pro again though...

Yeah. I’d want to go prem/LE too

#5653 5 years ago

I really like my LE. I play a pro all the time in league events and while I still enjoy the game it just feels different to me. I like the subtle differences (like how wall is advanced and started) as well as the mystery shot. It makes wall more risky to start as you are shooting the dragon shot multiple times. I know the upper PF is a turn off for many but when I'm not wanting to advance anything up their I just don't flip and it's back at my left flipper almost as quick as the pro ramp (mine feeds straight to the upper left flipper and if I hold it up it goes into the rest of the ramp immediately). But being able to advance mode progress and get more time really is a nice touch.

Different strokes for different folks but I really do enjoy the added features. The lose of sight of the ball just adds to the fun for me as it keeps me more on my toes and punishes misses shots more.

#5654 5 years ago

Anyway to avoid this bug true settings? Except for the sword lock not to hold balls.

Staring stark mode and locking the 3rd ball to begin blackwater multiball.
Shooting the center ramp fast enough doesn't give the game time enough to clear the other balls. this way you build the stark mode value, but eventually the game will report a "coil malfunction on the sword release".
You then play the multiball on single ball and need to wait for a drain/ball search in orther for the other ball to be released. Afterwards the sword lock mech works correctly.

I really like the game and the shots. Already made a 600M shot by setting up multipliers correctly (and playing as tyrell).

I also changed my music and speech settings, on default it sounds really bad (sfx really prominent, speech and music far away).
I followed the settings provided by someone else and now it's pefrect.

Does anyone know what's the best setting to avoid the winter is coming/battle for the wall long ball save bug on the pro?

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Does anyone know what's the best setting to avoid the winter is coming/battle for the wall long ball save bug on the pro?

Turn ball save off. Or play two handed.

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turn ball save off. Or play two handed.

You don’t have to turn off the ball save. I think I found the sweet spot that it’s the winter has come multiball (or shit was it wall?), the ball saver needs to be reduced to 12 secs. I think the default is 20 secs?

Can someone with access to the game confirm the default ball saver times for both multiballs? I’m pretty sure reducing winter is the fix to endless multiball.

#5657 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You don’t have to turn off the ball save. I think I found the sweet spot that it’s the winter has come multiball (or shit was it wall?), the ball saver needs to be reduced to 12 secs. I think the default is 20 secs?
Can someone with access to the game confirm the default ball saver times for both multiballs? I’m pretty sure reducing winter is the fix to endless multiball.

But theoretically the game behaves the same right? If you do the thing, it pauses the timer on the ball save. I remember having balls serve me up for another 30 seconds after ball save light was off and I just kept the grace period paused. Could be wrong though.

#5658 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But theoretically the game behaves the same right? If you do the thing, it pauses the timer on the ball save. I remember having balls serve me up for another 30 seconds after ball save light was off and I just kept the grace period paused. Could be wrong though.

You might be right. Turning off ball save is probably the best fix. I found my post on tilt forums when I still owned the game and was testing. In that post, I recommended turning winter ball saver down to 10 seconds and that seemed to keep the bug in check. You might get one or 2 freebies with it, but certainly not enough to impact scores. I’d say run with that and give it a go, there needs to be a ball saver for winter IMO cause That multiball can really shine for House Stark which is already a gimped house comparatively speaking, so chop one leg off but not both

I really hope Dwight gets a chance to update this game.

#5659 5 years ago

I’d like to see stark add more to the WHC super jackpot. It’s hard to get. Make us really want to maximize the hurry ups on our way there. Or just bump their values more. Stark starts them at 30 million instead of 15-18million.

#5660 5 years ago

Yea I think bumping starks base WIC is the best way to go for a quick fix.

#5661 5 years ago

Yeah, either a boost in value or have Stark help with achieving the super-jackpot. I.E. less shots needed or even a kill of the "freeze" of your flipper a set number of times by using the lock bar button. Couple more weeks and I'll finally be able to pull my game out of storage. It's like getting a new game all over again.

#5662 5 years ago

can somebody please update the code

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

can somebody please update the code

It needs polishing for sure. I was in Winter Has Come which is a great mode and the whole time the machine was just flashing and no sounds. Could be much better with some call outs or better sound clips atleast.

#5664 5 years ago

absolutely. i think on the le and premiums the lights and different colors could be used better. i think those have 64 color lights. a lot more to do. i wish they had more call outs too (with the hound)

#5665 5 years ago

Does add-a-ball Martell house work for midnight madness or winter has come when your about to loose your 2nd to last ball in multi ball?

#5666 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Does add-a-ball Martell house work for midnight madness or winter has come when your about to loose your 2nd to last ball in multi ball?

Winter has come for sure. Not sure on MM. also, can only use it once per ball, so if you used it in an earlier MB that ball, it will be unavailable later in that ball.

#5667 5 years ago

I’m looking for a Stern GoT dragon topper if anyone has one they want to sell. Picking up a GoT premium this weekend and can’t wait to join the club!

#5668 5 years ago

Congrats! I'm still looking for a premium or LE.

#5669 5 years ago

Anyone in search of the Alternate translite(T-800)? PM me.

#5670 5 years ago

5F044A1E-0417-4853-9CDC-BD55CB6B7405 (resized).jpeg5F044A1E-0417-4853-9CDC-BD55CB6B7405 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Winter has come for sure. Not sure on MM. also, can only use it once per ball, so if you used it in an earlier MB that ball, it will be unavailable later in that ball.

I tried the midnight madness with Martell the other night. It does add a ball for you.
6DCFB996-5179-4A06-BFFD-B5610A82861F (resized).jpeg6DCFB996-5179-4A06-BFFD-B5610A82861F (resized).jpegC7833EA1-AFB7-4580-A3CC-55EDC80BA4B6 (resized).jpegC7833EA1-AFB7-4580-A3CC-55EDC80BA4B6 (resized).jpeg

#5671 5 years ago

Finally in the club! Picked up a GoT Premium with ColorDMD, shaker and invisiglass today. This game is awesome, but boy is it brutal. Makes AC/DC feel tame, never thought I’d say that! My best score after the first few games was 519k. This game requires lighting fast reflexes. I noticed the ball never stays in the Iron Throne chair when the ball drops from the wireform into it, need to look into that. The ball just falls right out, I think the wire form above it might be misaligned with the chair. If anyone has the Stern dragon topper for sale, PM me. Thanks

3DEB499D-64BD-4B03-B2B0-6B1CD9FFA467 (resized).jpeg3DEB499D-64BD-4B03-B2B0-6B1CD9FFA467 (resized).jpeg609D1CB1-1C42-44D8-8762-2FBABEF7FD6C (resized).jpeg609D1CB1-1C42-44D8-8762-2FBABEF7FD6C (resized).jpeg6AEA8280-F363-4AF4-9461-687A1BDCE1C6 (resized).jpeg6AEA8280-F363-4AF4-9461-687A1BDCE1C6 (resized).jpeg8C4ED613-6581-445D-97BA-208D11B7522E (resized).jpeg8C4ED613-6581-445D-97BA-208D11B7522E (resized).jpegAD8AD5A9-A44C-4A33-B9E5-057C0A6ACB27 (resized).jpegAD8AD5A9-A44C-4A33-B9E5-057C0A6ACB27 (resized).jpegE0327CBE-85AC-4816-9D6A-888E7C324DE1 (resized).jpegE0327CBE-85AC-4816-9D6A-888E7C324DE1 (resized).jpeg
#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I noticed the ball never stays in the Iron Throne chair when the ball drops from the wireform into it, need to look into that. The ball just falls right out, I think the wire form above it might be misaligned

I have my wireform down low on the left, and up high on the right. This seem to slow the ball enough that it stays in the throne for me. Others use a small foam pad on the seat to cushion the drop.

#5673 5 years ago

How is the code completion on this game? Does it feel finished? I played GOT on location and I enjoyed it, and would love to pick up a premium someday, but wasn't sure where the code stands.

And yes I'm a huge GOT fan nerd.

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

How is the code completion on this game? Does it feel finished? I played GOT on location and I enjoyed it, and would love to pick up a premium someday, but wasn't sure where the code stands.
And yes I'm a huge GOT fan nerd.

The code is quite complete, as in the Houses are all there and the mini wizard and wizard mode are there. The game "feels" complete. But what it lacks is polish. There are a few small bugs and the callouts could be a lot better/more of them.

#5675 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The code is quite complete, as in the Houses are all there and the mini wizard and wizard mode are there. The game "feels" complete. But what it lacks is polish. There are a few small bugs and the callouts could be a lot better/more of them.

Has anyone done a sound mod ala cleland?

#5676 5 years ago

How did you get iron bank add a ball? I have premium, never seen that. Only on pro?

#5677 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

How did you get iron bank add a ball? I have premium, never seen that. Only on pro?

I believe that's what it always says when you use the add a ball button.

#5678 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone done a sound mod ala cleland?

The call outs are actually fantastic. Winter has come multiball is where call outs lack and a sound mod won’t fix it, there’s just nothing there but winter sound effects...which is actually cool in its own. Feels like winter and white walkers really has come.

As for code/rules. I was just thinking about this game today as I read some Munsters reviews. This game is ground breaking and hands down Dwight’s best when it comes to wizard modes. HOTK and Iron Throne are two of the coolest, baddest wizard modes around as they can both be played so differently and are both within reach. Moreso for HOTK mini wizard mode depending on what 4 houses you take into it, whereas Iron Throne is a bit of an adventure wizard mode, but the adventure of visiting castles is different everytime. And, the multiplier rules adds an extra layer to play with as you begin to get to the wizard modes more often.

That all said; the code overall definitely needs a good rinsing of polish. But it’s rules, call outs, and scoring (aside from the major scoring exploit) are some of the best in pinball.

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Play as martell, once per ball and during multiball, you can push the action button to add a ball. Also you can get an add a ball reward from the pop bumpers.

If you use the add a ball to just before your second last ball drains, it will turn on the ball save and re-send all of the balls backout.

#5680 5 years ago

Looking to rejoin the club with a Pro. My alien is up for trade in marketplace and GoT is one of the games I’m trying for. Wish I could have gotten 1 of the fully loaded ones that sold last week.

What are the best Mods? Shaker? Speaker lights? Bartering ram?

#5681 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to rejoin the club with a Pro. My alien is up for trade in marketplace and GoT is one of the games I’m trying for. Wish I could have gotten 1 of the fully loaded ones that sold last week.

Shaker is a must for GOT in my opinion.

#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shaker is solid on this. But color dmd for this game is one of the best ever. Brings those scenes to life. Can never go wrong with speaker light kits either.

#5683 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shaker is solid on this. But color dmd for this game is one of the best ever. Brings those scenes to life. Can never go wrong with speaker light kits either.

Where is best place to get color DMD?

Also, when is Premium tutorial video coming? I'm on the verge of joining the club....I hope.

#5684 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thx. Now I need the latest pro
Tutorial

#5685 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Now I need the latest pro
Tutorial

Check out my channel on YouTube. I have a playlist that’s a 5 part series covering every inch of the pro.

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Where is best place to get color DMD?
Also, when is Premium tutorial video coming? I'm on the verge of joining the club....I hope.

You can by color dmds direct from them.

No premium tutorial any time soon unfortunately.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out my channel on YouTube. I have a playlist that’s a 5 part series covering every inch of the pro.

I can not give this enough thumbs up. Great work done well. Well worth the investment if you’re interested in learning more that this game has to offer

#5688 5 years ago

Can the pro tutorials by Chuck be used for premium, for most part?

#5689 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know what I’m doing today!!

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Can the pro tutorials by Chuck be used for premium, for most part?

Yes. It's missing the upper play field rules, also a couple shots are different and the rules that go with them. The kickback shot special is moved to the right orbit, it now feeds the VUK to the throne/ upper Plainfield. The top lanes above the pop bumpers are coded differently. Its mostly the same though.

The pre/le has a known issue with the right orbit. The diverter that sends the ball to the VUK can be miss aligned and causes poor orbit shots from the left side. It's an easy fix that doesn't cost anything to repair.

#5691 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I can not give this enough thumbs up. Great work done well. Well worth the investment if you’re interested in learning more that this game has to offer

Agree. There are things in his tutorial that the average person would never learn on their own.

#5692 5 years ago

My game came with the mezel mods battering ram but I would like to reinstall the factory one.

Anyone have this for sale?

Parts that I need are marked with a red circle.

batrampgotpro (resized).jpgbatrampgotpro (resized).jpg
#5693 5 years ago

I own a GOT pro that I will likely be listing/selling soon. I bought it NIB in mid 2016. I have the Stern Topper and a few other small mods. I’m in the Bay Area, CA. Please IM me if interested.

#5694 5 years ago

What's the best strategy for always winning the video mode? (besides not picking it in the menu)

#5695 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

What's the best strategy for always winning the video mode? (besides not picking it in the menu)

Usually best to defend the first attack from the opponent the spam the attack button until he’s dead. However if you have it set to hard, good luck. Haha

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Usually best to defend the first attack from the opponent the spam the attack button until he’s dead. However if you have it set to hard, good luck. Haha

I used to do OK in this mode, but now I always lose. When do you press the left flipper to block? When he is about to strike or as he is striking? And to block do you hold the left button or tap it? Eric, do you cover any of that in your tutorial?

#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I used to do OK in this mode, but now I always lose. When do you press the left flipper to block? When he is about to strike or as he is striking? And to block do you hold the left button or tap it? Eric, do you cover any of that in your tutorial?

I try to time it right when he’s striking. The just spam the right flipper button until he’s dead. My game is set hard for video mode. Not sure if I’ve ever won it. Haha. I think I breezed over it in the videos.

#5698 5 years ago

Looking for a GoT pro near MD. Would also like the T-800 Alt translite. Thx for any leads.

#5699 5 years ago

I’m the club!! Premium in the back of my Jeep coming home!!

#5700 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I’m the club!! Premium in the back of my Jeep coming home!!

That's cutting it close, because spring is this week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/114?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.