Topic Stats

• 6,310 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 767 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg
18794F64-73BA-4BCA-AB12-21F1BE6BD6BD (resized).jpeg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg

There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 127.
#5601 10 months ago

You rock chuckwurt !!! Thanx for helping me out!

#5602 10 months ago

My pleasure. I guess my GOT is now devoid of all value. The goodie bag is not complete nor is it still stapled to the inside of the game!

Gasp!!!

Haha

#5603 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My pleasure. I guess my GOT is now devoid of all value. The goodie bag is not complete nor is it still stapled to the inside of the game!
Gasp!!!
Haha

#5604 10 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll call this my Bird Box challenge.
[quoted image]

So is this a full game played blind folded?

#5605 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Is this where someone tells you what to do while you are blindfolded? If so I'll try to do this tonight with my wife. Well each play one game and see who wins. I can see the argument already. "You never listen to me". If she wins "I listen better than you". I'll post the results here.

#5606 10 months ago

Anyone else sensing a possible GOT update? Dwight said in the H2H interview that after Munsters he should have time to work on past projects. It would be so awesome for this game to get revisited by Dwight himself

#5607 10 months ago

i wouldn't count on it. i wrote the marketing guy and he said no promises.

#5608 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone else sensing a possible GOT update? Dwight said in the H2H interview that after Munsters he should have time to work on past projects. It would be so awesome for this game to get revisited by Dwight himself

All I know is that he wants to revisit it. He told me that forever ago. Would be cool!

#5609 10 months ago

Crossing fingers so I can buy this pin.

update (resized).jpg
#5610 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

[quoted image]

Why can’t you buy it now? It’s amazing.

#5611 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

[quoted image]

If you wait for update it may cause price to go up... Say $100 bucks.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, Best time to buy is now, update may make anyone thinking of selling keep it for another 6 months or keep it altogether.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes blindfold and someone giving instructions. Left, Left, Right and so forth.

#5612 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

i agree, the game is already awesome!

#5613 10 months ago

My favorite game in the collection

#5614 10 months ago
Quoted from Vans:

And what a collection you have. That’s saying something.

2 weeks later
#5615 10 months ago
Quoted from Vans:

Me too. I keep getting and playing new games and some of them are great, but the rush I get from even an average game of GOT is on another level. I feel like like I need a cigarette and I don’t smoke.

#5616 10 months ago

I'll have a cup of coffee before a game and need a cigarette and a breather (rest) after a battle (game). And I don't smoke!

#5617 10 months ago

Why does this game not get more love? Its pure greatness in every way. I don't get it?

#5618 10 months ago

I think lots of people dont like having to 'think' when they play pinball lol

Finally ordered a color dmd for mine, should be here this week!

#5619 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why does this game not get more love? Its pure greatness in every way. I don't get it?

The artwork is dog shit and there isn’t toys covering the playfield. Unfortunately people care more about that stuff than if the game is good or not.

#5620 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The artwork is dog shit and there isn’t toys covering the playfield. Unfortunately people care more about that stuff than if the game is good or not.

I like toys and great art but for some reason i still think this game looks nice lol. Im not much on the cabinet artwork but i think the playfield looks nice. Not many toys but the game shoots fantastic and the modes are challenging. What a shame.

#5621 10 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

I think lots of people dont like having to 'think' when they play pinball lol
Finally ordered a color dmd for mine, should be here this week!

In my opinion which means nothing by the way, GOT color dmd is the best one that i have seen.

#5622 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The pro is a Top 5 all time for me for sure. I’d like to give a prem/LE a few hundred plays sometime to see how it compares to the pro.

#5623 10 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The pro is a Top 5 all time for me for sure. I’d like to give a prem/LE a few hundred plays sometime to see how it compares to the pro.

Its kind of weird. For whatever reason i am not enticed to play mine very often when im deciding which of my games that i want to play, but every time i decide to play it i always have fun and wonder to myself why i dont play it more often. I think tonight is going to be a GOT nite after i get off of work.

#5624 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

In my opinion which means nothing by the way, GOT color dmd is the best one that i have seen.

Yea should make the video much more legible!

#5625 10 months ago

Hi All, I'm looking for some advice here. I own a TWD pro and GOT Prem. I've always had what I'll call reliability issues with the flippers on GOT. They seem "soft" at times with no real consistent feel to them. I've swapped out the node 8 board and I'm running current code. The board swap helped make it slightly stronger but I'm kind of at a loss. I compare it to my TWD which is extremely responsive and consistent. I notice there's a delay from lower to upper flippers as well. Is this a SAM vs Spike deal, is there something for me to check, or should I wholesale replace the flippers to pray for a different feel. I'll also note I bought this NIB last summer. Thanks in advance. - jim

#5626 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Hi All, I'm looking for some advice here. I own a TWD pro and GOT Prem. I've always had what I'll call reliability issues with the flippers on GOT. They seem "soft" at times with no real consistent feel to them. I've swapped out the node 8 board and I'm running current code. The board swap helped make it slightly stronger but I'm kind of at a loss. I compare it to my TWD which is extremely responsive and consistent. I notice there's a delay from lower to upper flippers as well. Is this a SAM vs Spike deal, is there something for me to check, or should I wholesale replace the flippers to pray for a different feel. I'll also note I bought this NIB last summer. Thanks in advance. - jim

Is the issue that you get intermittent super weak flips? Like you line up a center ramp shot and it hits the left orbit?

If so, your issue is most likely the eos switch not making good contact when the flipper is at rest all the time.

Put the game in switch test and flip the flippers. Should get a register on the flip and when it goes back to rest. If it’s not consistent, try to adjust the EOS or clean it so it makes better contact, or try a new EOS.

#5627 10 months ago

Thanks Chuck. Most of the time it's inconsistent as in I'm not square to center of a ramp and miss even if by a half an inch. Other times it doesn't have the strength to make ramps when I feel it probably should. I used to chalk it up to skill but when I replay my other game I can see I improved over the year + and I'm now revisiting it's machine related. It's also bad during multiball as if it needs time to recharge and fire. I do very occasionally, under multiball, get that shot you described where it's almost like a dead flipper and is no where near the target. Before I replaced node 8 under warranty, I tried looking at EOS and cleaning leads with a dollar etc. I'm still new at servicing my machine so I hope I understand what I should be looking at.

#5628 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Thanks Chuck. Most of the time it's inconsistent as in I'm not square to center of a ramp and miss even if by a half an inch. Other times it doesn't have the strength to make ramps when I feel it probably should. I used to chalk it up to skill but when I replay my other game I can see I improved over the year + and I'm now revisiting it's machine related. It's also bad during multiball as if it needs time to recharge and fire. I do very occasionally, under multiball, get that shot you described where it's almost like a dead flipper and is no where near the target. Before I replaced node 8 under warranty, I tried looking at EOS and cleaning leads with a dollar etc. I'm still new at servicing my machine so I hope I understand what I should be looking at.

Does it have lots of plays? Rebuild the flippers may help too. Especially if the flippers seem her weaker as the game goes on.

#5629 10 months ago

Any chance it could be related to the circuit that the game is plugged into? Is there anything else on that circuit at all that could be sucking lots of electricity?

#5630 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I find there is a difference between spike and sam games, sams flippers feel way better.

However, I do find that after alot of plays, even with fresh sleeves/de-burred plungers the plunger stops and armatures get magnetized and make the flippers feel very sluggish. rebuild the fippers and they will feel much better (or you can take them appart, heat the crap out of them with a propane torch, and let them cool to lose the magnetization as well)

#5631 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does it have lots of plays? Rebuild the flippers may help too. Especially if the flippers seem her weaker as the game goes on.

Out of bix it was real bad. Couldn't make center shot from Right flipper. Two Node 8 module repairs later it got stronger. Does anyone's machine have strength enough to backhand the Stark shot from right?

#5632 10 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

I find there is a difference between spike and sam games, sams flippers feel way better.
However, I do find that after alot of plays, even with fresh sleeves/de-burred plungers the plunger stops and armatures get magnetized and make the flippers feel very sluggish. rebuild the fippers and they will feel much better (or you can take them appart, heat the crap out of them with a propane torch, and let them cool to lose the magnetization as well)

I think I'll order a rebuild kit. Can't hurt. Should I replace anything with the buttons?

#5633 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Out of bix it was real bad. Couldn't make center shot from Right flipper. Two Node 8 module repairs later it got stronger. Does anyone's machine have strength enough to backhand the Stark shot from right?

Definitely concentrate on the EOS switches then. It also seems your issue is only with the right flipper?

Should be able to backhand right ramp easily even at a steep pitch.

#5634 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Does anyone's machine have strength enough to backhand the Stark shot from right?

Yes, you should be able to backhand the Stark ramp from the right flipper.

I agree with everyone else who says to check the EOS switch. I had a similar problem with an intermittent weak right flipper. I found the flipper plunger and link had worn and there was enough slop in the mechanism that the EOS switch wasn't opening when the coil activated the flipper, but if you manually raised the flipper the switch would open. I adjusted the switch so it would always open properly, which fixed the weak flipper issue, but I knew it was time for a rebuild.

Kevin

#5635 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely concentrate on the EOS switches then. It also seems your issue is only with the right flipper?

MAN - I can never get enough force to do that. I'll try and lookup an EOS fix for cleaning and spacing. I do believe it's mostly my right.

#5636 10 months ago

tungs10 Don’t know if this might be related, but with Spike, your GI node board connections can actually cause the flippers to get weak. Stern told me to research the GI connections on the node boards and it cleared up the issue.

#5637 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Does anyone's machine have strength enough to backhand the Stark shot from right?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It also depends on how the flippers are adjusted. If they are sitting a bit low, it will be more difficult to backhand that shot.

#5638 10 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I think I'll order a rebuild kit. Can't hurt. Should I replace anything with the buttons?

Not unless they are sticky, just make sure your leaf switches on the buttons are gapped so they close where you like it on the button stroke if that makes sense..

1 week later
#5639 9 months ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

MAN - I can never get enough force to do that. I'll try and lookup an EOS fix for cleaning and spacing. I do believe it's mostly my right.

Yeah i like GoT and mostly play on location, I feel like the backhand to Stark isn't a guarantee and depends on a lot of other small things aside from flipper strength and pitch since we've noticed variance in being able to do that on different GoTs

I think it's like the Metallica super-skill-shot-no-flip-into-the-CIU-scoop thing - if a GoT is set up nicely it'll work

#5640 9 months ago
Quoted from genex:

Yeah i like GoT and mostly play on location, I feel like the backhand to Stark isn't a guarantee and depends on a lot of other small things aside from flipper strength and pitch since we've noticed variance in being able to do that on different GoTs

When I had my Got LE, the biggest deciding factor as to whether the Stark ramp could be backhanded was how clean the machine was - simple as. Give the playfield a quick polish and then I could easily backhand it, after about 100 plays it starts to get a little harder.

#5641 9 months ago

Getting excited for the final season!

The Mountain(Hafthor Bjornsson) amazes me-he is a BEAST!

#5642 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Getting excited for the final season!
The Mountain(Hafthor Bjornsson) amazes me-he is a BEAST!

I cannot wait for his and Cersei’s Death.

#5643 9 months ago

Picking up a huo GOT pro tonight.. Excited.
+ watching the serie for the first time (now at season 5 episode 3)... exciting times

#5644 9 months ago

Well sadly I am out of the club......for now. A truly great game that I will miss. GOTLE= AWESOME

#5645 9 months ago

Counting down the days until April 14th...

#5646 9 months ago

Recently binged thru the last season. What a great series; cannot wait for it to resume.

#5647 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Counting down the days until April 14th...

Sweet. Didn't know the date. My new home and media room will be ready just 2 weeks prior. Can't wait to watch it in 7.1 surround and a 100 inch screen

#5648 9 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sweet. Didn't know the date. My new home and media room will be ready just 2 weeks prior. Can't wait to watch it in 7.1 surround and a 100 inch screen

You gonna have us over? That sounds amazing. Literally and figuratively. Haha

#5649 9 months ago

Only if you bring your streaming rig and record some pinball tutorials or friendly competition before hand

It better be awesome as it's costing me more than a NIB Stern LE. First time I've really splurged like this on an entertainment setup. Before this it's been just sound bars and flatpanel TV's. My wife (and lets be honest, myself) wanted the home movie experience so that is what she is getting.

#5650 9 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Only if you bring your streaming rig and record some pinball tutorials or friendly competition before hand
It better be awesome as it's costing me more than a NIB Stern LE. First time I've really splurged like this on an entertainment setup. Before this it's been just sound bars and flatpanel TV's. My wife (and lets be honest, myself) wanted the home movie experience so that is what she is getting.

Deal! I used to be obsessed with home theatre stuff but lost interest by the time I had a space able to house an awesome home theatre. Haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 6310 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside