Topic Stats

• 6,314 posts
  • 405 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 770 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8DE53C1A-67C7-4ED7-ADF0-00649889BC7B (resized).jpeg
3C103992-78CF-420B-A5AD-BF09F7A83A1A (resized).jpeg
237467DA-1641-4A3B-B11B-8E011AE463EE (resized).jpeg
CD15AE4D-A21E-4E0A-8BD9-332AC699E75E (resized).jpeg
daeneris (resized).jpg
B7CB39CB-EF16-45FF-8241-996703DDA98D (resized).jpeg
DCC90410-AC9F-4384-A16F-71B320968048 (resized).jpeg
668CB7EB-E3FC-4911-962A-84751B6E583B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_165255806 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191002_165240183 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card1-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
JPG-Card2-GoT_Pro_v1-37 (resized).jpg
D5ACDF6E-4B07-41D4-AC88-4936E041474F (resized).jpeg
6EE633D9-9C34-461F-A691-C5E18A2525ED (resized).jpeg
CFA15BFF-108B-4D99-A796-8B37726457B7 (resized).jpeg
15681164482585371600459246887657 (resized).jpg

There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 127.
#5551 1 year ago

Geez Metallica gets another sizable code update and GoT still sits with zilch
The North Remembers Dwight!!!

#5552 1 year ago

Metallica was released in 2013 and received a code updated in 2018.
GoT was arleased in 2015. So there still hope for a code update.

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from Monk:

I also had the sword releasing to many balls when I didn’t achieve a multiball. Turned out my sword was not going down far enough to hold back the extra balls on the ramp. Push the sword down and see if it touches the bottom of the bracket.

Nice I will do some MacGyvering to check it out. I have been a slacker because I enjoy the extra ball helping me advance, I thought it would detect a drain on first ball but it keeps going. What is the metal flat piece of metal standing up by the sword for? Is it to prevent trapped balls?

Really enjoying my GOT. The shots are tight, but not too tight like Houdini. The rules are understandable and achievable. The flow and combos are fantastic. Battling the different houses and the corresponding screen shots are great. This game is a testament that sometimes less is more.

My only complaint is cheesy skill shot and the game feels too lightweight. I can jostle the game around very easily-sometimes causing unintentional tilts. I almost feel like adding weights to the inside of the cabinet. I have the same issue with my GOTG.

#5554 1 year ago

Hopefully Stern is just waiting for the final season to come out so they can update and polish this game. Wink wink.

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Metallica was released in 2013 and received a code updated in 2018.
GoT was arleased in 2015. So there still hope for a code update.

Hate to burst your bubble; one of these games is not like the other:

Metallica felt done, complete, polished, and cooked....yet it got another update.

GOT has a major scoring bug exploit, many other bugs, unfinished polished, and lacks choreography in certain areas...and is getting crickets.

It’s not a matter of what needs an update at stern, but more of a matter of ‘WHO’ does the update.

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hate to burst your bubble; one of these games is not like the other:
Metallica felt done, complete, polished, and cooked....yet it got another update.
GOT has a major scoring bug exploit, many other bugs, unfinished polished, and lacks choreography in certain areas...and is getting crickets.
It’s not a matter of what needs an update at stern, but more of a matter of ‘WHO’ does the update.

So you're saying Lyman is the only Stern coder that puts the extra time in to keep the games updated? Sounds about right. GOT deserves an update too.

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So you're saying Lyman is the only Stern coder that puts the extra time in to keep the games updated? Sounds about right. GOT deserves an update too.

GOT is by far one of my most favorite sterns. But the bugs and lack of polish finally caught up to me and I let it go. I agree though, it deserves a code update, I just don’t foresee it happening anytime soon. But for the love of pinball and this game, I hope that I am wrong

#5558 1 year ago

I wish Stern had more of an “Open Door Policy” on when new code will be developed for GOT.
70C53613-A41F-48E6-80FB-B280A84C1779.gif

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT is by far one of my most favorite sterns. But the bugs and lack of polish finally caught up to me and I let it go. I agree though, it deserves a code update, I just don’t foresee it happening anytime soon. But for the love of pinball and this game, I hope that I am wrong

It’s my favorite too. Still have mine and still holding out for another pass... Hopefully it happens someday...

#5560 1 year ago

I’m sure it will get another pass. Can’t wait to see what kind of polish they give it.

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

It’s my favorite too. Still have mine and still holding out for another pass... Hopefully it happens someday...

I agree, I have 2 games on my "will never leave list" and GOT is one of the 2. I love the rules the way they are, but there are indeed still a few bugs that need to be corrected. Some more speech would also be appreciated. So fingers crossed here that this might happen some day

#5562 1 year ago

Just put a colorDMD in my GOT and it looks Great.

I wish somebody would sell me a stern Dragon topper for it cheap

#5563 1 year ago

Are you able to get GOT: Pro for new anymore, from STERN or other sources?

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I’m sure distros have them NIB still.

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from callaway15:

http://www.pinballs.com has Pro and premium

#5566 1 year ago

Check Stern's website and email distributor. http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

#5567 1 year ago

Thanks!

1 week later
#5568 1 year ago

Finally got around to doing what luckydogg420 did to his GOT. Took it one step further though and added some RGB flipper buttons as well. Pretty cool addition IMO. Going to add this to a couple more Spike games as well (GOTG, ST)

pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sMhjk58jMx2bamjS9 (wiring is a bit rough...so don't mind that )

#5569 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Finally got around to doing what luckydogg420 did to his GOT. Took it one step further though and added some RGB flipper buttons as well. Pretty cool addition IMO. Going to add this to a couple more Spike games as well (GOTG, ST)
pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sMhjk58jMx2bamjS9 (wiring is a bit rough...so don't mind that )

Hey, wow. Great job. I’m really glad that someone else has taken the time to do this up.

#5570 1 year ago

Howdy. Just listed my t-800 translite if anybody is looking for one. Pricey, but less than I paid for it... shipping included. Open to reasonable offers as well.

Thanks!

Archived after 30 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition “Hi, it took me forever to find this, but with the pending sale of my GOT it's now looking for a new home. It's totally mint in every way. Taking a loss on this, can’t go any low...”
2018-12-05
Jersey City, NJ
250 (Firm)

#5571 1 year ago

I couldn't sleep last night, so instead I've dreamed up a teamplay mode for GoT. Maybe if you guys like it, then maybe someone can get a word out to Dwight and maybe he can consider putting something like it in if maybe he does get around revisiting the GoT code sometime. Lotsa maybes in there

So here's my concept:

At the beginning of the game like with advanced play you can hold the action button to switch to team play. In team play the number of players must be known from the start and each player must choose their house before the first player gets to play - no late entries are possible.

If some players choose the same house, they play as a team. Each player is a fighter for the house (with separate scores) but they advance through the modes together. To do this however they must join their forces before each mode, meaning that they have to hit their house shot once for each other player in their house before proceeding with the normal mode shots. So if 3 people play the Martell mode for Lannister, on a mode start you have to hit the lock ramp twice before you can start hitting the orbits. If you finish the mode, it is awarded to all players of the house. If you fail, progress is being saved for all players of the house on modes that do so (at least the initial house-gathering shots are saved in all modes). Lighting house modes is not shared.

If some players choose different houses they form other teams, competing against each other. The rules above remain in place (if they have a team mate), but house modes that have been finished by another team become a little harder (since they are allied with an enemy team already). To finish them the players first have to gather their forces if they have allies (as above) and then additionally to the normal mode shots, hit the house shot of the house that finished the specific mode before as often as there are players playing that house. So if one of our 3 Lannister players starts a mode that has been finished by a player who chose Baratheon, he has to shoot the lock ramp twice to gather his buddies and then inside the mode additionally hit the one set of drop targets to finish.

An exception to this rule is the fight against Targaryan: There is only one set of dragons to kill in the world. So if one team finishes the first dragon, another team would start with the second dragon right away. While you must still gather your team, no additional counter shots against the other houses are required. However if one team defeats the last dragon, no other team can finish that mode (and hence no other team can get to the iron throne, as soon as someone is allied with Targaryan). This makes it both easier and hell of a lot riskier if you don't finish what you started; pure politics

Hand of the king still triggers if the first team finished 4 houses. However if another team gets a 5th house before the current hand does, they can become HOTK and restart the mode. If then another team gets their 6th house, they again can take this post.

Winter has come also is a world-event. So if a player of one team starts, but doesn't finish it, that same shot to start WHC is lit for other teams too, until someone does finish/get the final jackpot.

Due to the extra shots required all mode timers should be slightly extended for each other player in the game.
The game would need a new set of high scores for team play. While scoring should be per player, there could be a team play champion for each house, where the team scores are summed. This would allow 3 character high scores only and just concatenate the players initials.

This game mode would require no new sounds or dots and I'd imagine it would not be too complex to implement. It would add some new risk-reward gameplay, but also allow bad players to select team up as a house with an easier shot (finally a use for Lannister!) and get to the iron throne together. And it'd make our beloved GoT truly unique

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from cynric:

I couldn't sleep last night, so instead I've dreamed up a teamplay mode for GoT. Maybe if you guys like it, then maybe someone can get a word out to Dwight and maybe he can consider putting something like it in if maybe he does get around revisiting the GoT code sometime. Lotsa maybes in there
So here's my concept:
At the beginning of the game like with advanced play you can hold the action button to switch to team play. In team play the number of players must be known from the start and each player must choose their house before the first player gets to play - no late entries are possible.
If some players choose the same house, they play as a team. Each player is a fighter for the house (with separate scores) but they advance through the modes together. To do this however they must join their forces before each mode, meaning that they have to hit their house shot once for each other player in their house before proceeding with the normal mode shots. So if 3 people play the Martell mode for Lannister, on a mode start you have to hit the lock ramp twice before you can start hitting the orbits. If you finish the mode, it is awarded to all players of the house. If you fail, progress is being saved for all players of the house on modes that do so (at least the initial house-gathering shots are saved in all modes). Lighting house modes is not shared.
If some players choose different houses they form other teams, competing against each other. The rules above remain in place (if they have a team mate), but house modes that have been finished by another team become a little harder (since they are allied with an enemy team already). To finish them the players first have to gather their forces if they have allies (as above) and then additionally to the normal mode shots, hit the house shot of the house that finished the specific mode before as often as there are players playing that house. So if one of our 3 Lannister players starts a mode that has been finished by a player who chose Baratheon, he has to shoot the lock ramp twice to gather his buddies and then inside the mode additionally hit the one set of drop targets to finish.
An exception to this rule is the fight against Targaryan: There is only one set of dragons to kill in the world. So if one team finishes the first dragon, another team would start with the second dragon right away. While you must still gather your team, no additional counter shots against the other houses are required. However if one team defeats the last dragon, no other team can finish that mode (and hence no other team can get to the iron throne, as soon as someone is allied with Targaryan). This makes it both easier and hell of a lot riskier if you don't finish what you started; pure politics
Hand of the king still triggers if the first team finished 4 houses. However if another team gets a 5th house before the current hand does, they can become HOTK and restart the mode. If then another team gets their 6th house, they again can take this post.
Winter has come also is a world-event. So if a player of one team starts, but doesn't finish it, that same shot to start WHC is lit for other teams too, until someone does finish/get the final jackpot.
Due to the extra shots required all mode timers should be slightly extended for each other player in the game.
The game would need a new set of high scores for team play. While scoring should be per player, there could be a team play champion for each house, where the team scores are summed. This would allow 3 character high scores only and just concatenate the players initials.
This game mode would require no new sounds or dots and I'd imagine it would not be too complex to implement. It would add some new risk-reward gameplay, but also allow bad players to select team up as a house with an easier shot (finally a use for Lannister!) and get to the iron throne together. And it'd make our beloved GoT truly unique

Well done. Make. It. So.

#5573 1 year ago

I think every pinball machine from now on needs co-op and team modes coded in. It’s what makes TNA such a great game, and it would make any other game much more interesting.

#5574 1 year ago

I'd like to see a more player vs player version of the rules (as I would with so many other games) - namely that if player 1 defeats a house, then player 2 can't defeat the same house.

You wouldn't start as any particular house, but would gain the house abilities for every house you defeated like Greyjoy now (obviously Greyjoy's ability of stealing powers would need changing).

Effectively, you'd be building an army of alliances. It would be a race to 4 defeated houses to get to HotK, once 1 player has played HotK, they'd lose those abilities and the houses would be available to the other player to try and defeat - giving them the opportunity to get to HotK.

#5575 1 year ago

Coming to GOT soon...

2F25DF40-89E5-478C-923F-14153A119495.jpeg041DCCB9-0265-4932-8AC0-91F42B4A52AD.jpeg
#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

Coming to GOT soon...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Robb Stark: "One time she told me the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named 'Macumber'."

Bran Stark: "...maybe we do."

#5577 1 year ago

Looks more like a white walker to me. Pherhaps a Dragon....

#5578 1 year ago

Finally got my GOT pro back!!

Is there seriously anything better in pinball than ripping full value juiced spinners at 2-3x playfield? Man that is so fucking fun!

Haha. Missed this game.

#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally got my GOT pro back!!
Is there seriously anything better in pinball than ripping full value juiced spinners at 2-3x playfield? Man that is so fucking fun!
Haha. Missed this game.

Is there a brand and color that you like for slings and post. I'm not a fan of the black one on my GoTLE. Leave playfield dirty looking all the time. Thanks

#5580 1 year ago

Congrats on GOT back. Still my favorite game. Will never quite understand how so many folks trash it

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is there a brand and color that you like for slings and post. I'm not a fan of the black one on my GoTLE. Leave playfield dirty looking all the time. Thanks

I put Titan translucent everywhere in all my games

2 weeks later
#5582 1 year ago

as a GOT premium owner i must say i like the Pro better . However the Artwork of the Premium and even LE are better than pro version but not a big deal .

#5583 1 year ago

Yes i had owned a Pro before . I like the rules of the Pro Version , they are enough and the extra playfield is ok but not all that special to play on , it is fun but could have been ok with standard pro and prefer the smooth play of it compared to the Premium

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Yes i had owned a Pro before . I like the rules of the Pro Version , they are enough and the extra playfield is ok but not all that special to play on , it is fun but could have been ok with standard pro and prefer the smooth play of it compared to the Premium

Sounds like you need to fix your left orbit. All GOT Premium/LE's have the left orbit problem from the factory.
And AFTER you fix the problem, be sure to turn off the setting that blocks left orbits (on by default in the current software version).

#5585 1 year ago

any way we can harass stern to update the code on GOT? i think a lot could be done with the lighting on the premium/le. of course, a lot more can be done with the rules of the games and modes.

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

any way we can harass stern to update the code on GOT? i think a lot could be done with the lighting on the premium/le. of course, a lot more can be done with the rules of the games and modes.

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

#5587 1 year ago

Maybe they are waiting for the final season to be airing in April before they make some updates. I can only hope they use some newer material because this game needs some polish badly.

#5588 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Maybe they are waiting for the final season to be airing in April before they make some updates. I can only hope they use some newer material because this game needs some polish badly.

Don’t get your hopes up. If anything expect mostly bug fixes.

#5589 1 year ago

i think the link you posted no longer works. i tried it. i wrote them before on bugs in the premium version. the castle progression makes mistakes in multiplayer games.

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

i think the link you posted no longer works. i tried it. i wrote them before on bugs in the premium version. the castle progression makes mistakes in multiplayer games.

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#5591 1 year ago

I sent a message just for shits and grins. Not getting my hopes up too high, but anything would be good.

#5592 1 year ago

Does the Targaryen house have a special ability? When you are playing Greyjoy and you complete Targaryen does it award a special ability?

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

Does the Targaryen house have a special ability? When you are playing Greyjoy and you complete Targaryen does it award a special ability?

I don’t think so.

These are old rules, but it’s mostly correct. 6493FE71-D267-45F1-8235-30A6E527D32F (resized).jpeg
BBAD42F2-A307-4EC2-B491-6564A212EE29 (resized).jpeg
3B590A51-306A-438E-852C-A61B6F502658 (resized).jpegE046DFD2-73C2-4D36-92F8-AF4B7D0BA065 (resized).jpeg83139A77-8F5E-4570-A612-91340BC1E96B (resized).jpeg

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

No, Targaryen does not add an ability. However, if Targaryen is one of the four houses that get you to Hand of the King, that does add 750k per shot during HOTK.

1 week later
#5595 1 year ago

Thought I would try in this 'club' post . Anyone have any slingshot plastics for a pro they'd be willing to part with?

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Thought I would try in this 'club' post . Anyone have any slingshot plastics for a pro they'd be willing to part with?

I saw your other post, it might be hard to find just the sling plastics, and buying a complete plastic set is crazy. To get by I’d suggest getting a clear plastic protector and crazy glue the pieces on top. It won’t be perfect, but better then nothing.

#5597 1 year ago

Did we get sling plastics in our goodie bags? I’d sell ya mine if that’s the case.

#5598 1 year ago

One of my plastic was broke. The one between left orbit and Castle Black. I taped it on the back side and scanned it, then printed it on thermal 4x6 shipping label. Traced broken plastic on a florescent green piece and installed it. May not be the best job but it works for now.

20190115_122832 (resized).jpg
#5599 1 year ago

I'll call this my Bird Box challenge.

15475878494355125979950189292127 (resized).jpg
#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

0941C680-F249-4A24-B9DE-C7EDDF3DD42E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
There are 6314 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 127.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside