371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 144.
#5451 5 years ago

Can confirm the Targaryen lighting issues. Same experience has happened to me twice where GI is out(or very dim), spot light stays on, and playfield shot(s) do not light up. Sound volume spikes as well.

side note: Did a complete titan rubber kit last night. The top section where the pops are was not a fun task, lol.

#5452 5 years ago

Hmmm. On my GOT premium if it goes down a lit outlane with ballsaver still on, it will use the ballsaver, not the Lord Of Light.

#5453 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Can confirm the Targaryen lighting issues. Same experience has happened to me twice where GI is out(or very dim), spot light stays on, and playfield shot(s) do not light up. Sound volume spikes as well.
side note: Did a complete titan rubber kit last night. The top section where the pops are was not a fun task, lol.

Haha. That’s why I left mine as is.

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hmmm. On my GOT premium if it goes down a lit outlane with ballsaver still on, it will use the ballsaver, not the Lord Of Light.

Same. Tilt warning is a different animal though.

#5455 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. Tilt warning is a different animal though.

Chuck- Chris (LOTRBREATH) is so good he doesn’t even need/use tilt warnings so he wouldn’t know about this bug. I do think I saw him miss a shot once though...

#5456 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Chuck- Chris (LOTRBREATH) is so good he doesn’t even need/use tilt warnings so he wouldn’t know about this bug. I do think I saw him miss a shot once though...

Bastard still has a high score on my Pro if I remember right.

#5457 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to play your LE at My Parents Basement next month!

2 weeks later
#5458 5 years ago

Hi All! I've enjoyed playing my GOT Prem when I have time - finally broke a billion!

The following issues have been resolved: replaced LED in dragon and re-soldered crossed playing field light wiring. The rocket launcher throne corrected itself over time with the auto-correct.

I now have a different issue. My right flipper feels weak. At time it seems stronger but other times it barely makes the ramps. I've inspect the EOS and flipper contact points. I've been working with Stern and they have me attempting to look for shorts in the lower playing field GI's by detaching them from node 8. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue and have some other options? If anyone reading this has playing experience in SoCal (San Marcos) I'd love a second opinion to the machines behavior.

Thanks - jim

#5459 5 years ago

I’m almost certain it’s the EOS switch. It’s not making good contact even though it appears to be.

Go into switch test and pop the hood. There should be two switches involved when you test it. Eos open and closed. If you’re not getting consistent registers that’s it.

Also test it with a DMM. Continuity at the eos switch will be flaky and you won’t get a consistent beep.

#5460 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m almost certain it’s the EOS switch. It’s not making good contact even though it appears to be.
Go into switch test and pop the hood. There should be two switches involved when you test it. Eos open and closed. If you’re not getting consistent registers that’s it.
Also test it with a DMM. Continuity at the eos switch will be flaky and you won’t get a consistent beep.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the EOS on SPIKE games doesn't effect coil strength or power. It's not like the older games where it gives more power until the EOS is closed. Stern flippers are pulsed.

Quoted from Tungs10:

Hi All! I've enjoyed playing my GOT Prem when I have time - finally broke a billion!
The following issues have been resolved: replaced LED in dragon and re-soldered crossed playing field light wiring. The rocket launcher throne corrected itself over time with the auto-correct.
I now have a different issue. My right flipper feels weak. At time it seems stronger but other times it barely makes the ramps. I've inspect the EOS and flipper contact points. I've been working with Stern and they have me attempting to look for shorts in the lower playing field GI's by detaching them from node 8. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue and have some other options? If anyone reading this has playing experience in SoCal (San Marcos) I'd love a second opinion to the machines behavior.
Thanks - jim

After playing a game is one flipper coil significantly hotter than the other?

#5461 5 years ago

Hey, looking for some help.

I have a GOTLE, functions properly except for the wireframe on the left, the ball constantly gets stuck at the bottom, very frustrating for my kids/wife. I'd say it happens every other game. Any quick fix?

#5462 5 years ago

Where does it get stuck at? Their is a screw that goes into the middle of that wire form about halfway down it. If that screw is not all the way down the ball can get caught on it.

If you are talking about the very bottom where it exits the wire form check the orientation of the exit with the inlane. It has a very small amount of adjustment. You want it in the center of the lane. If it slides to far to the right it could get caught on the sling plastic.

#5463 5 years ago

It gets caught at the very bottom of the wireframe, it takes a couple hard shakes to get it to drop through. I'd say it gets stuck 1 out of 4 times probably.

#5464 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the EOS on SPIKE games doesn't effect coil strength or power. It's not like the older games where it gives more power until the EOS is closed. Stern flippers are pulsed.

After playing a game is one flipper coil significantly hotter than the other?

Coil getting hot from the plunger dragging can cause weak flipper too. Good call.

My point was that if the eos is not making good connection at all times the low power side of the game will flip the flipper. Not the high power. If the eos switch is making solid contact, full power upon flip.

I went through 5 brand new eos switches too before I found one that made consistent contact and the issue was fixed.

#5465 5 years ago
Quoted from Menator:

It gets caught at the very bottom of the wireframe, it takes a couple hard shakes to get it to drop through. I'd say it gets stuck 1 out of 4 times probably.

Then adjust the wire form. There’s a nut down there by the sling. Loosen it, push the wireform to the left, tighten nut. Run a couple test balls down the wire form and you should be good.

#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from Menator:

If you are talking about where I put the yellow arrow then it's most likely the alignment of the exit and the ball hanging on the plastic. If that's not it I would be stumped as their is nothing their to hold a ball unless your ramp is broken and a wire is sticking up where it shouldn't.

GOT (resized).jpgGOT (resized).jpg
#5467 5 years ago

Thanks guys - I"ll check out a few things soon. I was eyeballing the EOS thing not really testing it. I'll check the coil temp too. I love the game for speed but it seem to push the ball and barely make it where it needs to go. I wish I had another one to test it against. Is this in a newbie's hands to be able to fix or should I order and swap out parts?

#5468 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

Thanks guys - I"ll check out a few things soon. I was eyeballing the EOS thing not really testing it. I'll check the coil temp too. I love the game for speed but it seem to push the ball and barely make it where it needs to go. I wish I had another one to test it against. Is this in a newbie's hands to be able to fix or should I order and swap out parts?

Don’t swap out parts. Just deal with what you have for now. Make sure that switch is making solid connection. If you don’t have a meter, use the game’s switch test.

#5469 5 years ago

Anybody looking to upgrade to a Premium from a PRO?? I'm sadly Looking to help Fund my lovely sewer problem in my home... sewer stack is rotted and unfortunately lots of $$ to fix a S#!TTY problem..... pun intended

I don't want to get rid of Game of thrones as I think its an amazing game, but would really like to free up some funds.
I have a modded Beautiful Premium GOT. HUO, looks new. Has stern inner matching blades, shaker, blue LED behind the legs and shooter rod. Also has the stark side armor. Works perfect. looks perfect. Would be interested in trading for a GOT pro and having some cash come my way. I'm in NW Chicago. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. Thanks!!

1 month later
#5470 5 years ago

I have searched and searched, but can't find a simple list of the timers for each house mode.

How long are the timers for each house mode?

Thanks!!

#5471 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberDRS:

I have searched and searched, but can't find a simple list of the timers for each house mode.
How long are the timers for each house mode?
Thanks!!

Left Pinside and found this much on TiltForums:

Stark = 40 seconds
Baratheon = 60 seconds
Lannister = 40 seconds
Greyjoy = 12 seconds between shots
Tyrell =
Martell = 30 seconds (10s between loops)
Targaryen = none? (penalty shits for taking too long)

If anyone has anything to add, please do!

#5472 5 years ago

Every time I see this thread title I can't help but think "it does...it really, really does".

That is all.

#5473 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberDRS:

Left Pinside and found this much on TiltForums:
Stark = 40 seconds
Baratheon = 60 seconds
Lannister = 40 seconds
Greyjoy = 12 seconds between shots
Tyrell =
Martell = 30 seconds (10s between loops)
If anyone has anything to add, please do!

Tyrell is 30 seconds.

Targaryen is a hurry up so if the hurry up runs out without hitting it (like WIC), then the mode ends.

I concur with the rest of your timers. Haha

#5474 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberDRS:

Targaryen deserves a yellow card for that type of penalty

#5475 5 years ago

Update - After what seemed like an eternity, I was able to repair the Weak flipper experience I was having. It ended up being a node board 8 replacement. First replacement of the board was no good (as in smoking) but after the second board things are great again. Downside.... I've played with sloppy flippers for so long I need to relearn my shots Thank you to my Distributor and Stern for sticking with me on this one.

Rumor is Eskaybee might make an appearance at my place this weekend.... there go my high scores....

#5476 5 years ago

Tomorrow is September 22, Fall Begains,
but Winter is Coming.
Stay tuned.

#5477 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Tomorrow is September 22, Fall Begains,
but Winter is Coming.
Stay tuned.

Once winter comes I’ll have my GOT back. Can’t wait!!

#5478 5 years ago

I miss mine :-/

#5479 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once winter comes I’ll have my GOT back. Can’t wait!!

I'm watching your tutorials part I & II now so I can look like I know something. At least one house, When I go pick up LE tomorrow. Thanks for all you do.

#5480 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm watching your tutorials part I & II now so I can look like I know something. At least one house, When I go pick up LE tomorrow. Thanks for all you do.

Getting a GOTLE huh? Nice!

#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting a GOTLE huh? Nice!

Yes, been wanting one for about two years. Was about to buy something, NIB most likely and then I found this. (money burning hole in pocket). Now trying to decide what the next pin. Wife said NIB vehicle. I said Pro or Premium. She said Limited Edition. Ouch, she's catching on.

#5482 5 years ago

I'm just hoping they do at least one more update to the code when the final season comes out in 2019. Incorporate some newer seasons and it would be icing on a already great pinball machine. DO IT STERN!

#5483 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm just hoping they do at least one more update to the code when the final season comes out in 2019. Incorporate some newer seasons and it would be icing on a already great pinball machine. DO IT STERN!

I have a feeling that Stern will do a update. They may address each game. Like the "Stern of the Union" said "Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time."

#5484 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I have a feeling that Stern will do a update. They may address each game. Like the "Stern of the Union" said "Just because a game isn’t listed on here doesn’t mean there can’t be surprises from time to time."

I've only played 20-30 games on a LE back in February. So for me the code is good. I have so much to learn when I pick game up in about 6 hours from now. I must get some sleep I need to leave in 3 hours.

#5485 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tyrell is 30 seconds.
Targaryen is a hurry up so if the hurry up runs out without hitting it (like WIC), then the mode ends.
I concur with the rest of your timers. Haha

Thanks!!

#5486 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Targaryen deserves a yellow card for that type of penalty

OMG, I didn't even notice that! Bwahahaha!!

Usually, my phone's auto-correct makes my statements rated PG when I don't want it to, and now it makes them rated R when I'm not trying. Haha!

#5487 5 years ago

Well picked up LE #497 after getting off work at 6am. Drove 5.5 hours round trip yo pick-up. Played maybe 10 games before coming back to work to do a 12 hours shift. Man the things we do for pinball. Can't wait to get off after I watch some more of Chuck's tutorials.

#5488 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Well picked up LE #497 after getting off work at 6am. Drove 5.5 hours round trip yo pick-up. Played maybe 10 games before coming back to work to do a 12 hours shift. Man the things we do for pinball. Can't wait to get off after I watch some more of Chuck's tutorials.

I would love to get a prem or LE eventually to do one more session that covers the added features of the prem/LE

#5489 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to get a prem or LE eventually to do one more session that covers the added features of the prem/LE

I'll be wanting to see premium features, thats for sure. This game had 473 game on it (newest code). But my son in law got player#2 high score at 479 mil. That tells me they never seen your tutorials. I seen you score that on 1 ball

#5490 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'll be wanting to see premium features, thats for sure. This game had 473 game on it (newest code). But my son in law got player#2 high score at 479 mil. That tells me they never seen your tutorials. I seen you score that on 1 ball

Or one shot. Haha

Start watching at 12 min mark.

#5491 5 years ago

479M. I've had close to that from one spinner rip. Such an amazing game with so many ways to play it!

#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Congratulations on your new game, it sounds like it was barely played. I dont play mine as much as some people but my games are definitely going to get some plays put on them, especially when i first get them. You scored a good one for sure!

#5493 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congratulations on your new game, it sounds like it was barely played. I dont play mine as much as some people but my games are definitely going to get some plays put on them, especially when i first get them. You scored a good one for sure!

Thanks, The guy that sold it had a few more pin than me. So don't think it was played to death. I'm getting enough pins that sometimes a month may go by that one doesn't get played. Then you have a family function and most get played at once. Been watching Chuck's tutorials and ready to put my name in 1st place. I thought about resetting scores, but no need. Scores will fall like the house of Tyrell.

#5494 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Thanks, The guy that sold it had a few more pin than me. So don't think it was played to death. I'm getting enough pins that sometimes a month may go by that one doesn't get played. Then you have a family function and most get played at once. Been watching Chuck's tutorials and ready to put my name in 1st place. I thought about resetting scores, but no need. Scores will fall like the house of Tyrell.

Chucks tutorial is the best one out there by far. He does a great job explaining the rules and your scores will be higher after watching guaranteed.

#5495 5 years ago

Yep my scores went from 3 billion to 8 billion after watching chuckwurt tutorials. Great insight into the rules and this was a game I needed help in understanding.

#5496 5 years ago

Well after picking up GOT on Saturday.
Waxed playfield.
Replaced Balls.
Put custom apron cards on game.
Plastic protector on slings.
Installed B/W leg brackets.
Grass hasn't been cut.
Stopped working on 12x20 shed.
Haven't been online to pay bills.
Eat standing up. (Snacks)
Haven't made bed.
I did finally get high score, just not a billion, yet!......

3 weeks later
#5497 5 years ago

Here's an update: I sux at this game, but refuse to lower my sword. Can't seam to make it to HOTK no matter what house I start with. I don't use Tyrell or Marsell because I want my daughter to keep her name on for high score. Every time I have three houses and need just one shot to get my fourth house I'll miss the shot and hit the stand up target and drains. Got so pissed yesterday that I started watching the blu ray DVD's of The Game of Thrones that I received for my B-Day. Like that's going to help me. After two episodes I felt like I should be the hand of the King. No such luck, but I did get and new Grand Champion score. I've got to do it within the next four days. That's my goal for HOTK. If not I'm John Snow and we know what he is.

#5498 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here's an update: I sux at this game, but refuse to lower my sword. Can't seam to make it to HOTK no matter what house I start with. I don't use Tyrell or Marsell because I want my daughter to keep her name on for high score. Every time I have three houses and need just one shot to get my fourth house I'll miss the shot and hit the stand up target and drains. Got so pissed yesterday that I started watching the blu ray DVD's of The Game of Thrones that I received for my B-Day. Like that's going to help me. After two episodes I felt like I should be the hand of the King. No such luck, but I did get and new Grand Champion score. I've got to do it within the next four days. That's my goal for HOTK. If not I'm John Snow and we know what he is.

The game is much harder than you would think it would be thats for sure. You would think that it would be no problem to clear 4 houses to get to hand of the king wouldn't you?

#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Easiest modes to complete:

Stark - three ramps then an orbit.
Martell - three orbits within 10 secs of each other.
Greyjoy- hit every shot once
Baratheon - go orbit, dragon, drops.

Start playing as Baratheon. Do that for a couple days and try to beat all the above modes.

If you have Lannister available to start going into MB play that mode then. Other than MB, it’s a dangerous mode to play in single ball.

#5500 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you have Lannister available to start going into MB play that mode then. Other than MB, it’s a dangerous mode to play in single ball.

Yes. You should never, ever play Lannister on its own if you can avoid it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/110?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.