371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 144.
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yup it's happening. I was just notified my LE is ready to ship and I should have it by Wed. So stoked!

Boom!!!!!!!

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Make sure you bypass casual mode. VERY important...hold down the action button for 3 seconds before starting the game to enable "Advanced Mode" which unlocks the full choices of strategy to the player.

Thank u brother.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm going to play GOT today on location. I will let you know what i think..

What did you think of got?

#505 8 years ago

Working on the replacement pyramid, just starting to add detail. Also have a prototype of the battering ram that replaces the whole plastic. Very easy to install.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#506 8 years ago

just installed a sword (ice) above the left ramp entrance.

made a quick simple bracket (ex post, small piece of plexi and longer screws).
looks real good in the game.

GOT_sword.jpgGOT_sword.jpg

GOT_sword2.jpgGOT_sword2.jpg

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What did you think of got?

I did not get a chance. I had someone some by and look at a Sorcerer I was selling. Hopefully today.

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

just installed a sword (ice) above the left ramp entrance.
made a quick simple bracket (ex post, small piece of plexi and longer screws).
looks real good in the game.
GOT_sword.jpg

GOT_sword2.jpg

That looks good. What sword did you get?

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I want to know too. That looks bad ass...

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Quoted from Jodester:

I want to know too. That looks bad ass...

right here: http://store.hbo.com/detail.php?p=499561&icid=mybuys&green=6FAAF75A-F008-5F2A-0B5E-40CDF93E34BC

i also have the other one, longclaw to put on top of the return ramp:

http://store.hbo.com/game-of-thrones-longclaw-letter-opener/detail.php?p=499553&v=hbo_gift-finder_by-show_game-of-thrones

i'm surprised how big and heavy they are (for letter opener). just perfect.

#511 8 years ago

Bought Both! Saved some cash with coupon.Thank you

Cyber Monday Starts Now 30%* Off + Free Shipping Over $49** Use Code CYBER

#512 8 years ago

Game of Thrones pro #5 out of the gate!.Well done SR.
image.pngimage.png

#513 8 years ago

Star Trek pro was #14 out of the gate.

#514 8 years ago

Time will tell but GOT above Metallica/LOTR/TAF? That's a laugh.

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Time will tell but GOT above Metallica/LOTR/TAF? That's a laugh.

There's just a lot going on in the game instead of shooting for another multiball. Completing the houses is really fun and adds a different dimension to the game. I own a Met Pro and have owned a TAF and LOTR. Right now, I enjoy GoT more.

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Game of Thrones pro #5 out of the gate!

More proof that the ratings system is useless!

#517 8 years ago

oh what a game!

i don't know if anyone did the iron throne mode... it's crazy!
don't know if it's the last wizard mode, not that hard to reach and complet, obviously code is not done so i guess more will be add.

this was a 35 minutes game, 3 balls.

GOT_GC_score.jpgGOT_GC_score.jpg

GOT_IT_score.jpgGOT_IT_score.jpg

#518 8 years ago

Keith Elwin is putting up 20 billion scores now.

I dunno man, these games are getting ridiculous. I think I'm starting to not like the flow ho era as much now. Too smooth, and too easy for the good players to just keep it going. That's not gonna be me, to be clear! But I know that if I had to play Keith Elwin I'd rather it was on Flash Gordon than GOT. At least he's gonna have to take some of that game's lumps as much as I will.

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno man, these games are getting ridiculous. I think I'm starting to not like the flow ho era as much now. Too smooth, and too easy for the good players to just keep it going. That's not gonna be me, to be clear! But I know that if I had to play Keith Elwin I'd rather it was on Flash Gordon than GOT. At least he's gonna have to take some of that game's lumps as much as I will.

Typically faster tables and more flow equates to shorter ball times as missed shots are typically designed to be more deadly (i.e. ACDC, ST, MET, etc...). The first thing i noticed on the initial pics on GOT's layout is missed shots did not look deadly. And im wondering if the outlane saver option is the cause for longer ball times too? Plus, i heard GOT's first shipped with the outlanes in middle position and are now shipping with them open. This is all speculative of course from what ive heard, and i havent played GOT yet.

I also wonder how the tournament settings are - is the outlane saver disabled or MUCH harder to light? It should be for tournament.

#520 8 years ago

the standup targets close to the left orbit are a little bit deadly and the dragon can shoot sdtm sometimes.
nudging and saving the ball from the outlanes is not that hard.

what i'm most surprised with is the iron throne mode, like i said, code is not done yet.
if that's the last wizard mode? well... i don't want to say too much.

the game is a blast to play no doubt about that.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the standup targets close to the left orbit are a little bit deadly and the dragon can shoot sdtm sometimes.
nudging and saving the ball from the outlanes is not that hard.
what i'm most surprised with is the iron throne mode, like i said, code is not done yet.
if that's the last wizard mode? well... i don't want to say too much.
the game is a blast to play no doubt about that.

The dragon should *never* shoot sdtm. On the two games I had in my shop and the one I currently own this absolutely never happens. No kickouts or scoops ever should do that. If yours does this, you should do some adjustments.

As for general game times, they do feel a little on the longer ball time range. I haven't owned the game for long, but I have beaten it once already and get to hand of the king most games. I feel like I've already done almost everything there is to do and am not sure if I'll be playing the game again soon. I like it, but TWD pulls me in more. I definitely worry about longevity on this one. PDXMonkey, who started this thread, is already considering selling his for the same reason.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The dragon should *never* shoot sdtm. On the two games I had in my shop and the one I currently own this absolutely never happens. No kickouts or scoops ever should do that. If yours does this, you should do some adjustments.
As for general game times, they do feel a little on the longer ball time range. I haven't owned the game for long, but I have beaten it once already and get to hand of the king most games. I feel like I've already done almost everything there is to do and am not sure if I'll be playing the game again soon. I like it, but TWD pulls me in more. I definitely worry about longevity on this one. PDXMonkey, who started this thread, is already considering selling his for the same reason.

Have you gotten to Winter has Come? Basically you have to complete all the Winter is coming hurry ups.

Also, I am sure there will be another wizard mode (or maybe there already is), for doing things multiple times (like Star Trek). Not sure what happens after you complete Iron Throne mode, but it would be cool if you didn't win the Iron Throne you had to start all over again, or at least get some of the completed houses taken away that you had to defeat again to get back to the Iron Throne mode.

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Have you gotten to Winter has Come? Basically you have to complete all the Winter is coming hurry ups.
Also, I am sure there will be another wizard mode (or maybe there already is), for doing things multiple times (like Star Trek). Not sure what happens after you complete Iron Throne mode, but it would be cool if you didn't win the Iron Throne you had to start all over again, or at least get some of the completed houses taken away that you had to defeat again to get back to the Iron Throne mode.

Why couldn't they just program it that after you "beat the game" once you pick a new family to be the hero for. Then yo would have to beat each house several times to ultimately finish the game.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Why couldn't they just program it that after you "beat the game" once you pick a new family to be the hero for. Then yo would have to beat each house several times to ultimately finish the game.

That's a good idea too. Oh the possibilities! Excited to see how this game matures.

#525 8 years ago

When you get the ball back from lord of light (in essence be reanimated like the show) half points for 30 secs or something would be cool as you would "feel a little less" after coming back like they say in the show. Thanks fatbeer for the idea

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think I'm starting to not like the flow ho era as much now.

Join the club. Been there for a while. I only play Ac/dc now to listen to the music.

GOT reminds me, just from watching it, of SM in the sense that it too, is very easy and missed shots rarely penalize you.

Borg has established himself as the best designer now, sorry Steve.

#527 8 years ago

Twd is close to a masterpiece largely due to the borg/lyman combo. Kiss however with lonnie leading the code i think will fizzle out like st did. Got is already heads and tails better than kiss gameplay and shots.

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Twd is close to a masterpiece largely due to the borg/lyman combo. Kiss however with lonnie leading the code i think will fizzle out like st did. Got is already heads and tails better than kiss gameplay and shots.

Good thing Steve Ritchie and Dwight retook ownership and held the bull by the horns to get ST to a killer state. Fizzle no longer

Avengers, TF, kiss....that's what happens when you don't ruffle feathers as a designer to get your pin the attention it deserves.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I posted my thoughts on another forum but will repeat them here. I totally agree that shooting ramps and orbits all day gets old fast. there is something to be said about figuring out just where to hit Iron Monger or Wellverine to hope for the safest return. I hope future updates utilize the drops and battering ram more just to make SOME risk reward here. Haven't played the LE yet to see how the drop target changes things up. When mine arrives the outlane posts are coming right out!

#530 8 years ago

Bummer. No go on my Pro this week. Hopefully next week.

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Borg has established himself as the best designer now, sorry Steve.

41003581.jpg41003581.jpg

#532 8 years ago

Correct, it's Nordman! SR just tweaks the same fan layout every time. I'd put Borg second over SR.

#533 8 years ago

Borg is definitely #1.

Met
Tron
IM
TWD

He's killing it.

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Borg is definitely #1.

And this guy agrees. Hell, he even sings Borg's name in his theme song...

Swedish_poser.jpgSwedish_poser.jpg

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Borg is definitely #1.
Met
Tron
IM
TWD
He's killing it.

Hmmm and I read that as ...
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
He's killing it.

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hmmm and I read that as ...
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
Lyman
He's killing it.

Well it might be time to give Ropp the chop if KISS goes the way of the woodchoppers too with next to zero innovation code wise.

#537 8 years ago

Still pumped to get a got!

Stern be like

GOT dollars rolling inGOT dollars rolling in

1 week later
#538 8 years ago

Have the LE as of 12/3. Loving it.

#539 8 years ago

Ritchie's sales put him in a league by himself.

Sorry guys, but he's the King for a reason. He's the best seller by far.

#540 8 years ago

My LE arrived today. Installed mirror blades and shaker. Incredible pin.

#541 8 years ago

So does the upper playfield look too big when playing? In some pics it seems to take a lot of real estate, but maybe that's just an optical illusion

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So does the upper playfield look too big when playing? In some pics it seems to take a lot of real estate, but maybe that's just an optical illusion

I have an LE if it ever ships and I was wondering the same thing. I'm thinking it is an optical illusion if you compare shots of pics.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My LE arrived today. Installed mirror blades and shaker. Incredible pin.

Can you share photo with Mirror Blades? Bet she looks great.

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I kind of like the idea(referencing Champion Pub) that once you have taken the iron throne that you defend it against attacks from other houses. As in Champion Pub you would have to risk your points or gold and winning you double them or you can actually lose points/gold. I always really liked that feature in Champion Pub that once you were champion the stakes got really high in risking your points.

Loving my LE so far, tons of room to add more dots/animations and call outs. They get really repetitive as is, hoping there is tons more to come for each mode to keep them more fresh.

#545 8 years ago

I would recommend in a home setting to set the lock difficulty harder. Make it so you need both lock targets to light a lock.

Rob

#546 8 years ago

Had an epic game of GOT pro on location today. Saw Winter Has Come for the first time, as well as Iron Throne for the first time. That is one super cool wizard mode! Every time I was back down to one ball I would smash the ram for a super jackpot and another ball was added in. Seems like I did this a half dozen times or more. Final score was 6.6B and it was a blast!

#547 8 years ago

Also found a serious bug in the current code today. I was playing as Baratheon, had only one more set of lanes needed to qualify Battle For the Wall. I shoot the Dragon which was lit for Mystery. I chose the mystery award of "Advance Battle For the Wall". This advance should qualify BATW, which it did. BUT, the ball was held in the mystery lane FOREVER. The multiball didn't start and ZERO ball searches were initiated. We let it sit like this for several minutes. The only solution was to power off the game. As soon as the game was powered off the ball was released from the mystery lane.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Still pumped to get a got!
Stern be like
GOT dollars rolling in

Stern has my money. Damn, I want my game!!!

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I don't think so. You miss seeing the top of the left orbit, and the dragon on the Pro takes up a lot of the same space and sight lines on the Pro. After about 20 games, I don't notice it seeming too big for that spot.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Also found a serious bug in the current code today. I was playing as Baratheon, had only one more set of lanes needed to qualify Battle For the Wall. I shoot the Dragon which was lit for Mystery. I chose the mystery award of "Advance Battle For the Wall". This advance should qualify BATW, which it did. BUT, the ball was held in the mystery lane FOREVER. The multiball didn't start and ZERO ball searches were initiated. We let it sit like this for several minutes. The only solution was to power off the game. As soon as the game was powered off the ball was released from the mystery lane.

I had this happen too. Hopefully fixed in next update...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.