371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 144.
#5401 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Keep working on it - this is key to fixing your orbits IMO you should widen the mounting holes more to get more adjustment flexibility.
Did you buy the game new or used? If you bought it used, there may be a mod installed as an attempt to help the left orbits. If so, you will probably want to remove that mod as it may be causing the poor right orbits

It’s a used game, I took diverter mech completely out of the game to Widen the mounting holes in it. Pretty positive there are no other modifications back there. All rubbers are still on the top of lanes too. I should probably try and get them off. I’ll keep messing with it.

But there is really very little room to move any further straight forward. The shaft the diverter arm is connected to is already up against the wood of the playfield. Since the holes in the metal mount are widened there is some play side to side also. But it seemed when I started messing with different positions I would sometimes lose diversions to elevator. Oh well it’s not the end of the world. I did see a few full left orbits when playing last night.

#5402 5 years ago

The left orbit isn’t supposed to work all the time, but it should work 100% in Martel mode since that requires orbit shots. During most modes it will stop the ball and drop it into the pops. The best advice I can give it to look down at the diverter and mace sure that the transition is smooth along that back wall. You might have to remove some stuff to get a good view of the arm but it should look like this. The axel of the diverter should be in a spot, so that the transition from wall to diverter is totally smooth.
B1129F77-635B-46C4-BB6E-1A545466149B (resized).jpegB1129F77-635B-46C4-BB6E-1A545466149B (resized).jpeg

After that, the next solution to try would be to remove the rubbers from the posts at the top of the lanes, and install thinner ones, or play without them. I might have taken off the middle one, but Im Unsure if it’s there or not.

#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My fourth and final! Color DMD will be installed in short order!

Such a game changer. Good Job!

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I understand there are no fuses as the boards shut themselves off if there is an issue detected.
Like when you have a bulb short. I’ve seen it with multiple spike games. The node board stops working. Fix the short, all is well. Problem is the game doesn’t tell you there’s a short. Takes some troubleshooting. It’s a pain for sure, but no components of the game were harmed.

Yeah, bought a new node board for an issue and no help! Made me troubleshoot more in depth and found a short. Wasted money on a new node board but at least I have one on hand just in case.

#5405 5 years ago

Good first day back. Maiden has made me a much more accurate shooter.

0DC54E3E-C98E-4AE1-9484-813237A3D781.jpeg0DC54E3E-C98E-4AE1-9484-813237A3D781.jpeg2CB6BD42-DF2D-44A8-8CF6-B4F3714E50A7.jpeg2CB6BD42-DF2D-44A8-8CF6-B4F3714E50A7.jpeg
#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought biggest points was 150 million. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Big - 1mil
Bigger - 5mil
Biggest - 25mil

Plus Playfield or Shot multipliers.

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1) bonus X is worth it in this game. Throwing it into the pops after you’ve had a good ball esp if you’ve collected castles on Prem/LE is majorly worth it.

I'm more than happy to keep raising the bonus X on my LE. In fact when starting a mode I make a point of collecting the castle rather than trying to complete the mode. 7.5mil added to each bonus is not to be sniffed at, especially when it's so easy to get bonus x. I almost always take bonus x from a mystery award as well.

If you collect just a single castle on your first ball it is effectively worth 22.5mil, then add in a possible 20x bonus on each of your 3 balls and that will equate to 450mil over the course of a game!

I have also had a single bonus of over 1 BILLION a few times. (Bonus hold from mystery award on last ball effectively doubling your bonus)

I also don't mind some of the pop awards.
Advance Wall MB means one less shot needed at the Dragon kickback.
Increase WIC value is also worth having

#5408 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Big - 1mil
Bigger - 5mil
Biggest - 25mil
Plus Playfield or Shot multipliers.

Thanks for clarifying.

#5409 5 years ago

NIB GOT Prem is home and I'm about finish setting it up. Born on date is Dec 2, 2016. Anyone know where this sits in the life of the run? When was the approximate last run date?

#5410 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

NIB GOT Prem is home and I'm about finish setting it up. Born on date is Dec 2, 2016. Anyone know where this sits in the life of the run? When was the approximate last run date?

2017 they stopped making them. Probably 3rd quarter of 2017. Had to have your orders in by the end of the year I think.

#5411 5 years ago

I haven’t turned My maiden Prem on since GOTLE arrived.

#5412 5 years ago

Maiden and GOT, I'm betting make for a good pair.

Both have some good rules and both have very different shot layouts and flow. Hope to add a Maiden at some point to my collection too.

#5413 5 years ago

It’s kind of amazing how maiden has so many threads and has made it into every other game thread.

#5414 5 years ago

So I'm dialing in my GOT Prem. I'll keep looking but if anyone can point me in the right direction to control the throne eject that would be great. The thing launches like a rockets launcher ... kinda funny but it'll break plastics if I leave it that way.

I put washers on elevator (which helped the rejects), added the color LCD, shaker is going in today hopefully. Bummed that the dragon light isn't working - hoping it's a loose cable otherwise I'll replace.

Left orbit doesn't seem to want work. I'm not skilled enough yet to make it consistently. I'll read up on that some more for the best fix.

HECK is there anyone in SoCal that can come by and help

#5415 5 years ago

I am still tweaking the position of my diverter mech in the back after using a stepper bit to widen mounting holes. Widening the holes was the simple part. Trying to find the right position of the mech with the wider holes to maximize left loops without giving up elevator diversions is the hard part. I have no further room to move forward even with wider holes because the shaft holding the diverter arm is already pressed up against wood of playfield. So now it’s just trial and error slightly swiveling the mech forward and right to left.

I have not torn the ramps and throne out to get a good look at the transition from closed diverter arm to back metal railing to make sure it is as smooth as possible. I’m hoping I will just just eventually find the perfect spot.

Either way everything else about the pin plays perfect besides occasional right ramp reject of a hard shot. It’s a cool pin with intricate rules that should keep me occupied for a long time. I didn’t think anything could drag me away from TWD, but so far GOT is holding its own.

#5416 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

So I'm dialing in my GOT Prem. I'll keep looking but if anyone can point me in the right direction to control the throne eject that would be great. The thing launches like a rockets launcher ... kinda funny but it'll break plastics if I leave it that way.
I put washers on elevator (which helped the rejects), added the color LCD, shaker is going in today hopefully. Bummed that the dragon light isn't working - hoping it's a loose cable otherwise I'll replace.
Left orbit doesn't seem to want work. I'm not skilled enough yet to make it consistently. I'll read up on that some more for the best fix.
HECK is there anyone in SoCal that can come by and help

I've never heard of the Throne kicking balls out too hard. Wrong coil maybe? Mine just bloops it out weakly, sometimes taking a couple tries to kick it out.

#5417 5 years ago

Made some Instruction and Title cards for the Prem. today, thought I'd share in case anyone want to dl them.

GotPremInstructions2.jpgGotPremInstructions2.jpgGotPremInstructions3.jpgGotPremInstructions3.jpgGotPremTitle2b.jpgGotPremTitle2b.jpg
#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've never heard of the Throne kicking balls out too hard. Wrong coil maybe? Mine just bloops it out weakly, sometimes taking a couple tries to kick it out.

I thought I found a setting for it's strength and it didn't work. It launches it to the plastic right before the min playfield.

Shaker was put in and I'm sure I'm not telling anyone that doesn't already know but battling the dragons with a shaker is a rush!!! Love this Pin.

#5419 5 years ago

Put mine at my location, My Parents Basement.

5B9BC650-8F9C-42E6-8A89-FEDD05B8B66A.jpeg5B9BC650-8F9C-42E6-8A89-FEDD05B8B66A.jpeg697501BC-BB94-49B3-84A4-6AF8967CC63C.jpeg697501BC-BB94-49B3-84A4-6AF8967CC63C.jpeg8714FAFA-4AA7-4209-A455-5B88BF66C18A.jpeg8714FAFA-4AA7-4209-A455-5B88BF66C18A.jpeg
#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I thought I found a setting for it's strength and it didn't work. It launches it to the plastic right before the min playfield.
Shaker was put in and I'm sure I'm not telling anyone that doesn't already know but battling the dragons with a shaker is a rush!!! Love this Pin.

I thought the throne was auto adjusting by default but could be wrong. Initially mine was ejecting too hard on top of the pops plastics but eventually got to a point to where it just barley pushes it out now without me having manually adjusted any setting for it.

See if your settings for the throne allow for auto.

#5421 5 years ago

If the throne is auto adjusting you may want to try a factory reset. Could be be corrupt data.

#5422 5 years ago

I finally made it to Iron Throne the other day and how lame the call outs and sound were. Hardly anything telling you what to shoot for and just seemed blah for reaching such goal. Why don’t they revise the code to make the Wizard mode more exiting to play? Granted I didn’t get far in IT but I was so exited to get there and then game play was in a way boring. What is the objective of IT so I can be more prepared next time I get there?

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I finally made it to Iron Throne the other day and how lame the call outs and sound were. Hardly anything telling you what to shoot for and just seemed blah for reaching such goal. Why don’t they revise the code to make the Wizard mode more exiting to play? Granted I didn’t get far in IT but I was so exited to get there and then game play was in a way boring. What is the objective of IT so I can be more prepared next time I get there?

Complete all houses. Complete the houses shot twice, all other light blue shots once. Once complete the ram lights for SJP and adds a ball. Then move to the next house. Complete all houses.

Yeah would be awesome for more call outs and fanfare especially when you complete it.

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Complete all houses. Complete the houses shot twice, all other light blue shots once. Once complete the ram lights for SJP and adds a ball. Then move to the next house. Complete all houses.
Yeah would be awesome for more call outs and fanfare especially when you complete it.

Yup.

Done it too many times, just did it again today while explaining to friends and I’m like “well... I beat it... Kings landing.”. Exactly- non existent fanfare. So much is possible too on Prem/LE with the RGB inserts!

#5425 5 years ago

What do you mean complete all houses? Once your in IT how do you complete a house? Or am I missing something....

#5426 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What do you mean complete all houses? Once your in IT how do you complete a house? Or am I missing something....

Hit a house’s shot, then hit all other shots and that house again and then battering ram, adds a ball, rinse repeat until all houses are done.

Use the ball save period from the add a ball to hit the danger trio: tar/tyr/Baratheon

#5427 5 years ago

Cool, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

#5428 5 years ago

Chuck - now that I finally own the machine I'm watching your tutorial videos. I truly appreciate you for your time and energy you put into that production. Also thanks for the SDTM crew for making that happen as well.

#5429 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? This one LED is out of sequence.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4an48xessohuij0/Video%20Jul%2009%2C%202%2050%2046%20PM.mov?dl=0

Plus spring busted on left flipper.... joys..

#5430 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4an48xessohuij0/Video%20Jul%2009%2C%202%2050%2046%20PM.mov?dl=0

Check for broken or bridged solder joints at that LED. If they look good, then follow the wires up the chain looking for similar integrity issues.

To further narrow down, you can quickly swap this LED for another to narrow down the the LED board vs connections/wiring.

Good luck.

#5431 5 years ago

So I was playing my Pro the other night - having a good game, then my left flipper went completely dead. I believe it was during Winter has Come multiball.
Left flipper was completely dead, my the right was just fine. The second multiball ended, my left flipper returned to normal and worked fine.

Is this supposed to happen by design? I would have to think it was tied to the mode since power was restored immediately after multiball.

EDIT - doing a little research, I see that is supposed to happen! Man, crazy that is the first time that happened to me after years of ownership!!! So much to still discover in this pin

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

So I was playing my Pro the other night - having a good game, then my left flipper went completely dead. I believe it was during Winter has Come multiball.
Left flipper was completely dead, my the right was just fine. The second multiball ended, my left flipper returned to normal and worked fine.
Is this supposed to happen by design? I would have to think it was tied to the mode since power was restored immediately after multiball.

Yes sir. When in Boss mode (second wave of WHC MB), if you do not hit the required shots in time the Ice King freezes your left flipper. Have to hit the center ramp to unfreeze. Then you have to work your way back to the Super jackpot.

#5433 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes sir. When in Boss mode (second wave of WHC MB), if you do not hit the required shots in time the Ice King freezes your left flipper. Have to hit the center ramp to unfreeze. Then you have to work your way back to the Super jackpot.

What an awesome rule! I'll know next time what to do Pretty fun to discover that feature in real time without prior knowledge!

#5434 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I'm betting that 2 wires were mixed up attaching to the led board. Should be an easy fix if thats the case. Just make sure red,green, and blue wires are going to the proper place on the board. If not desolder and resolder and you should be good.

Check that first and see how it looks.

20180710_130211 (resized).jpg20180710_130211 (resized).jpg
#5435 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

EDIT - doing a little research, I see that is supposed to happen! Man, crazy that is the first time that happened to me after years of ownership!!! So much to still discover in this pin

chuckwurt beat me to it but I thought this was a perfect time for a Steve Ritchie saying. "Play Better "

is a cool rule and something I think Stern should use more.

2 weeks later
#5436 5 years ago

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game? Also is the topper worth it? Have a premium and trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

#5437 5 years ago

The shaker in GoT is the best implementation of one in a pin. It shakes when you hit the ram, dragon and multi ball. It just feels so right.

The topper is cool. The lights on the castle turn on as you unlock houses and the dragon flaps it’s wings in time with the playfield one. The topper is great, I have one, but to get the best bang for your buck I would save for a colorDmD. Totally a night and day difference with the video clips. If you already have a colorDmD then I’d recommend a topper.

#5438 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The shaker in GoT is the best implementation of one in a pin. It shakes when you hit the ram, dragon and multi ball. It just feels so right.

The topper is cool. The lights on the castle turn on as you unlock houses and the dragon flaps it’s wings in time with the playfield one. The topper is great, I have one, but to get the best bang for your buck I would save for a colorDmD. Totally a night and day difference with the video clips. If you already have a colorDmD then I’d recommend a topper.

Just picked up an LE a couple of weeks ago and totally agree with this. Three of the things I did were install the shaker, the topper and the colour DMD. All 3 are great additions to the game!

IMG_5934 (resized).JPGIMG_5934 (resized).JPG
#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game? Also is the topper worth it? Have a premium and trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

When you battle a dragon.... the feeling/vibration you get is as if he's breathing on you even before a ball is released. It's amazing and I agree with other colorDMD. I tried both LED and LCD versions.. I prefer LCD.

#5440 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just picked up an LE a couple of weeks ago and totally agree with this. Three of the things I did were install the shaker, the topper and the colour DMD. All 3 are great additions to the game!

Does the dragon move on the topper or is it just lights that light up? Im guessing the dragon probably doesnt move right? I love that topper though.

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

When you battle a dragon.... the feeling/vibration you get is as if he's breathing on you even before a ball is released. It's amazing

Agreed. At the current price the shaker is definitely worth it.
I recommend setting it to the lowest shaker use setting. It only affects the duration the motor is running when it's triggered (not the amount how often it is). And at least with the pinball life shaker lowest is just about a single turn / a single impulse to the cabinet, which imho feels much better then half a second of rattling - especially when the dragon is breathing

#5442 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does the dragon move on the topper or is it just lights that light up? Im guessing the dragon probably doesnt move right? I love that topper though.

Yes the dragon moves. It has a motor in it. Moves during attract mode and the dragon modes I believe. The house shields follow the game too.

#5443 5 years ago

Sold on the shaker and color dmd but where could i get a used topper? $500 is a lot, would love one for 2 or 3 hundred.

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Sold on the shaker and color dmd but where could i get a used topper? $500 is a lot, would love one for 2 or 3 hundred.

Only way you’ll get that kind of deal is to buy a game with the topper included. Hell I’d buy one for $200 and I hate toppers. Haha

#5445 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

I think the GOT topper is $399.00.

#5446 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Sold on the shaker and color dmd but where could i get a used topper? $500 is a lot, would love one for 2 or 3 hundred

Every once in a while a used topper pops up for sale in the market, the ones I recall seeing in the past year were typically around $400ish (so you might be able to save a bit if one comes up). Haven't seen a used one in the past month or so and I bit the bullet and ended up getting one from Pinball Life for $499.

I'm not big into toppers but this one is pretty cool and I didn't mind paying full price to get it.

#5447 5 years ago

Anyone ever have the GI get stuck in a dimming state? I hit a Targaryen shot while another lamp effect (ball save or ball lock) was going on and that caused the GI to stay dim with no RGB inserts lit. It's the first time I ever had that happen.

I know about the following bugs:

Multiball stack bug
Martel playing against greyjoy causing some weirdness

What else is there?

Such a fun game, best spinner and super jackpot shots I think!

Rob

#5448 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What else is there?

Unlimited super jackpots in blackwater bug.

Randomly there will be spikes in the sound where it gets loud for no reason.

Not sure if it’s a bug, but if mystery or extra ball is lit on the pro, when you shoot Targaryen, it credits you for two hits instead of one.

Getting a danger while draining down a lit outlane will not give you your ball save.

#5449 5 years ago

I can confirm Targaryan GI bug and the random sound spikes. Sometimes the whole game seems to start at a much lower/higher volume altogether (might be imagination).

Also when draining throug the outlanes with Lord of Light lit and ball save still going, it eats up the Lord of Light. Might be intentional, but imho this is rather harsh...

Let's keep out hopes up that with all the older games currently getting updates, Dwight will put some polish on GoT eventually

#5450 5 years ago

Yeah the sound bug is just embarrassing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.