371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 144.
#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Here's what it looks like. I'll have to order through a local distributor. Marco had it for 29.95 but they are out of stock.

In the interim, it could be welded too.

Rob

#5352 5 years ago

Well I'm officially out of the club sad to see it go, but tired waiting 2 years for an update lol. But with one door closing, another opens, and that door will probably be a code update so you fuckers are all welcome haha

That said; I'm replacing it with SW so I can at least still get my Dwight kick ass ruleset fix in

Btw. I took $400 off for the buyer and kept the hand drawn translite. Obviously it's not worth that much as i also took off that much for a faster more enticing sale. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or sell it yet. Any interested parties hit me up; not looking to get all my $400 back from that offer, but shoot me offer if you're seriously interested.

#5353 5 years ago

Translite spoken for.

AA09833B-9194-4E05-B3E1-60E656DC30BE (resized).jpegAA09833B-9194-4E05-B3E1-60E656DC30BE (resized).jpeg

#5354 5 years ago

Selling some extras from my GOT machine

t-800 translite,
topper,
pin-gulp

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65184

20180608_211606 (resized).jpg20180608_211606 (resized).jpg20180609_152151 (resized).jpg20180609_152151 (resized).jpg20180609_152248 (resized).jpg20180609_152248 (resized).jpg Added over 5 years ago:

all sold. thanks!

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well I'm officially out of the club sad to see it go, but tired waiting 2 years for an update lol.

An update for better balanced house powers?

Rob

#5357 5 years ago

With this news I wouldn’t mind seeing a Vault Edittion with a revisit on code.

#5358 5 years ago

I'm working on a mod for GoT called "Lion vs. Wolf" that (if I decide it is a viable idea) will be a lighted diorama of Winterfell and King's Landing on the opposing sling plastics.

I own a PRO and I'm trying to make these fit universally on both PRO and PRE/LE layouts, but can't quite find the pics I need for design data of the premium version in the image gallery on this thread.

It looks like the left sling is a bit different and the premium is perhaps missing the spotlights? If anyone has pics looking directly down at both the left and right slings on the premium/le version, that would be AWESOME! A post to this thread or a PM would be great!

These pics show really early work, but at least shows the idea of what I want to do. The intro map sequence of GoT is a big part of the show and I want to try to capture that feel with some of the 2D plastics in the game....

Thanks!

-PC

IMG_20180610_163805969 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_163805969 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_164734471 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_164734471 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_165214913 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_165214913 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_165424489 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_165424489 (resized).jpg
#5359 5 years ago

same all around.
I am back in the club. Sold Pro and upgraded to the premium

20180611_165725 (resized).jpg20180611_165725 (resized).jpg
#5360 5 years ago

what I meant all the same is . the slingshots are the same on pro/le/premium but only the premium has a Blue Playfield / the LE And Pro have sand color

#5361 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Welcome back! I did the same as you but the opposite. Very interesting how they have a different feel to them despite the same rules. One of my favorites, will probably do another swap in a few years

#5362 5 years ago

I played my GOT Pro last night for the first time in awhile. Its a really good game, cant believe it doesnt get.more love than what it does.

#5363 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I need for design data of the premium version in the image gallery on this thread.

The size of the plastic is the same, but the notch where the spotlight wire runs is different. This is the extra ones that came with my premium
20F8DF2F-9712-4478-AE57-BBF908B439A5 (resized).jpeg20F8DF2F-9712-4478-AE57-BBF908B439A5 (resized).jpeg

To make something universal you would have to make something like these. These were made for the pro, then I had to cut notches to make them fit.
3DBA078A-3740-42AE-BA9D-01A651C12FC8 (resized).jpeg3DBA078A-3740-42AE-BA9D-01A651C12FC8 (resized).jpeg

#5364 5 years ago

I'm working on a mod for GoT called "Lion vs. Wolf" that (if I decide it is a viable idea) will be a lighted diorama of Winterfell and King's Landing on the opposing sling plastics.
I own a PRO and I'm trying to make these fit universally on both PRO and PRE/LE layouts, but can't quite find the pics I need for design data of the premium version in the image gallery on this thread.
It looks like the left sling is a bit different and the premium is perhaps missing the spotlights? If anyone has pics looking directly down at both the left and right slings on the premium/le version, that would be AWESOME! A post to this thread or a PM would be great!
These pics show really early work, but at least shows the idea of what I want to do. The intro map sequence of GoT is a big part of the show and I want to try to capture that feel with some of the 2D plastics in the game....
Thanks!
-PC

Heres some pics of my prem with the glass on (cant take the glass off right now). They currently have some sling protectors on.
20180611_120546 (resized).jpg20180611_120546 (resized).jpg20180611_120618 (resized).jpg20180611_120618 (resized).jpg20180611_120720 (resized).jpg20180611_120720 (resized).jpg20180611_120756 (resized).jpg20180611_120756 (resized).jpg

#5365 5 years ago

Wow - thanks a lot Luckydogg420 and charles4400 ! This is exactly the info I need! I'll definitely redesign the plastic plate model with dual notches to accommodate both versions.

I'll have to be aware of clearances with the different spotlight locations on the premium, too. One of the challenges I'll have to fix is casting light onto the diorama. With the light bleed coming from under the sling plastics, it's tough to make out the details of the mod when the game is on.

In the end, these will probably look a lot different than my previous post. I want to kind of keep the same scale in King's Landing as I have in Winterfell but still portray the Red Keep and the Great Sept of Baelor. At the same time, though, if the scale gets too small, I'll lose detail. Also - I need to design to avoid ball traps.

No matter how they end up - it will be a great experiment to see if can come up with something viable.

#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

same all around.

Same here!!! I'm giving it a trial as I loved the pro version! They are both so different and so good!!

1528771256532892668614 (resized).jpg1528771256532892668614 (resized).jpg
#5367 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

same all around.

Maybe you could post about that move after a couple months - whether or not you felt is was a worthy upgrade. I'm thinking about doing the same move.

#5368 5 years ago

It’s cool to see folks trying the Prem/LE. I took my GOTLE to SFGE so more people could experience the upper playfield and the interactive throne. It was one of the busier games at the show - people were playing 3-4 player games every time I went by.

#5369 5 years ago

Maybe you could post about that move after a couple months - whether or not you felt is was a worthy upgrade. I'm thinking about doing the same move.

I will do just that . I owned my pro since it came out HUO. Now got the Premium couple days ago which I am already liking and it is harder than a pro I can tell already but enjoying it so far just the same , just more to do and ways to do it .

1 week later
#5370 5 years ago

Finally entering the club officially!! My GOT Prem arrives around 6/29. I ended up grabbing a NIB - hoping for the best and to not make the "FORKED" news reel. Thanks for all those I pinged in making this decision. I'll purchase a shaker and colorDMD as well. I can't wait to take back the throne!!

#5371 5 years ago

I may be joining the club as soon as tomorrow. Might be driving to Charlotte NC in the morning to pick up an HUO GOT Premium. I already have a shaker ordered.

The one thing I am worried about is how the left loop shot will perform. Does pretty much every Premium and LE have the same issue? Or do some of them work correctly without having to do one of the fixes mentioned?

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Probably easier to find an LE then a Premium

True. Found an LE, entered agreement to rejoin.
#lifeIsNotCompleteUntilYouHaveFourGOTpinballMachines

#5373 5 years ago

Congrats on tjose getting in a GoT prem! Youre hoing to love it!

Quoted from rawbars:

The one thing I am worried about is how the left loop shot will perform. Does pretty much every Premium and LE have the same issue? Or do some of them work correctly without having to do one of the fixes mentioned?

I was fully prepared to fix that left loop with a stepper bit and everything (thanks to those who showed me how!) But to be honest mine doesnt seem that bad. I thought it was messing up pretty consistently at first but then realized that there are 2 lock gates behind the pops that sometimes keep the ball from making the orbit on purpose on some modes. Some modes allow the ball to fully orbit.

Once I realized that, it seemd my left orbit was not that bad. It would mess up every once in awhile yes, but most of the time I would make the orbit when the gates allow. So I never modified my diverter mech.

Of course I still suck at the game so if I get better at it and find it keeps on hitting that diverter edge wrong I'll end up modifying it but for now mine seems ok. I bought mine from a dist's floor model and he said he never did anything to it. It looked brand new when I got it in.

#5374 5 years ago

Thanks - it'll be great to discover this game at the same time as others. I was worried about that orbit too. I should receive mine on the 29th.

#5375 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I may be joining the club as soon as tomorrow. Might be driving to Charlotte NC in the morning to pick up an HUO GOT Premium. I already have a shaker ordered.

I got mine from 1st owner who did not dial anything in and the orbit shot is fine and the only thing for me to tweak is the ram.
Also grats on the NIB . that is good because if you plug in a shaker and Node board 1 dies you will be covered.
Not so sure on the Buying a Used Got prem. Putting in a New shaker and blow board, you may not be and then be prepared to be pissed and have to buy a new board due to game wont boot up with a bad shaker chip on said board .
I am going through that right now and stern is giving me a hard time replacing the board .
All I did was take my Stern shaker from my pro I sold and put it in my Brand new (used)premium that has less plays then the pro I sold .
And my shaker is fine. Plug and play my expletive .
And then dealing with Stern customer support at least for me is as bad as dealing with a bad tooth.
Wish I could play my expensive paper weight
I have a late run Premium and perhaps they fixed the loop issue

#5376 5 years ago

Still like this game a lot, when is Dwight gonna put some polish on this game? Cmon already, Iron Throne needs work.

#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Still like this game a lot, when is Dwight gonna put some polish on this game? Cmon already, Iron Throne needs work.

I think it will just be bug fixes. Maybe get a surprise code update like TWD in the future. I do know that they are working on bug fixes though. There is one or two big ones.

#5378 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Not so sure on the Buying a Used Got prem. Putting in a New shaker and blow board, you may not be and then be prepared to be pissed and have to buy a new board due to game wont boot up with a bad shaker chip on said board .
I am going through that right now and stern is giving me a hard time replacing the board .

Oh, I’ve never had an issue adding a shaker to a newer Stern. I ordered one from Pinball life that had GOT premium listed as one of the many pins it would work on.

#5379 5 years ago

Picked up my GOT premium. All of a sudden my line up reflects some of my favorite TV shows. Shaker went in with no issues. What are factory settings for Outlane posts?

479F11E6-1A11-4F75-9108-DCC9DF08AB13 (resized).jpeg479F11E6-1A11-4F75-9108-DCC9DF08AB13 (resized).jpeg
#5380 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Picked up my GOT premium. All of a sudden my line up reflects some of my favorite TV shows. Shaker went in with no issues. What are factory settings for Outlane posts?

Factory for the outlane posts on my Pro were on the furthest out making the bigger opening.

I moved mine to close it up.

#5381 5 years ago

My prem came in wide open.

I always move to middle.

#5382 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

You and I have VERY similar tastes. Nice work.

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Depends on when you got the game. First run pros were middle. After that they were all the way open.

#5384 5 years ago

Ordered my LCD panel and shaker... Waiting until my prem shows up...

#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Here's what it looks like. I'll have to order through a local distributor. Marco had it for 29.95 but they are out of stock.

Just wanted to follow up on this. My local distributor BumperNets was able to get me the part in under a weeks time. It's replaced and working great again!

#5386 5 years ago

7 months later and I’m still waiting on a fix for my sword lock mechanism. I’m glad it worked out well for you.

#5387 5 years ago

Rawbars said =Shaker went in with no issues.

I suppose it is like everyone opening NIB's a ton with no issues / and a rare few do.
I am glad you didn't as you may have to wait weeks to see if help will be given or fork up some doe and buy new board .
Wish it was easy as old hardware , just replace part/s in the schematics that /bad/fried/shorted component or replace a fuse that may have popped.
One thing I noticed on all my Spike games= No fuses Nothing to protect anything

#5388 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Rawbars said =Shaker went in with no issues.
I suppose it is like everyone opening NIB's a ton with no issues / and a rare few do.
I am glad you didn't as you may have to wait weeks to see if help will be given or fork up some doe and buy new board .
Wish it was easy as old hardware , just replace part/s in the schematics that /bad/fried/shorted component or replace a fuse that may have popped.
One thing I noticed on all my Spike games= No fuses Nothing to protect anything

From what I understand there are no fuses as the boards shut themselves off if there is an issue detected.

Like when you have a bulb short. I’ve seen it with multiple spike games. The node board stops working. Fix the short, all is well. Problem is the game doesn’t tell you there’s a short. Takes some troubleshooting. It’s a pain for sure, but no components of the game were harmed.

#5389 5 years ago

Wish that was the case when I had installed the stern shaker as it popped a hole in the C 112 chip on node board 1
perhaps the board did know the chip was bad on it's own board and didn't send a pulse to the shaker when I played the first game after installing the shaker , it was only after going in to test mode that when I sent pulse to that shaker it popped the chip on board 1 and made node board 1 useless.
would not allow boot sequence after that . to bad it could not allow the game to run w/o shaker circuitry being operating

20180611_151041 (resized).jpg20180611_151041 (resized).jpg20180611_163329 (resized).jpg20180611_163329 (resized).jpg
#5390 5 years ago

Well my premium was getting very few full left orbits. So I bought this bit and widened the mounting holes on the diverter mech by 2 steps. I put the mech back in the machine and pushed it forward(towards front of playfield). We are only talking a fraction of an inch. It really didn’t get me many more full left orbits and definitely not nice smooth left orbits. The more I tried to adjust it the more it started messing up diversions to elevator on first shot of every ball and mystery shots.

I’ll probably continue to mess with it here and there. But for now it’s back to a position where it’s at least getting shots diverted to elevator correctly. But still very few full left orbits.

856531B8-319D-4A07-B346-E893E893BDF1 (resized).jpeg856531B8-319D-4A07-B346-E893E893BDF1 (resized).jpeg
#5391 5 years ago

I did notice in settings right after the stern fix for this issue where all left orbits are diverted to pops “by design”, that there is a setting to disable those ball gates in the back. Is there a downside to doing this. At least then I could get some consistent flow off of the right orbit. I would still have most left orbits goin into pops. I am know where close to understanding all of the rules to this pin but does Anybody see a downside to this?

#5392 5 years ago

The only reason to go into the pops is: Wall Multiball (complete 5 sets of top lanes) and awards from the pops (which aren’t that great except for add-a-ball during multiball).

#5393 5 years ago

I’ve played hundreds of games and never seen anything like this until just recently. It was “Biggest Points”, at 15x. It pays to have a good shot multiplier when spending your gold.

E5F60724-14F0-4FA1-86AE-5BE25562D89A (resized).jpegE5F60724-14F0-4FA1-86AE-5BE25562D89A (resized).jpeg

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I’ve played hundreds of games and never seen anything like this until just recently. It was “Biggest Points”, at 15x. It pays to have a good shot multiplier when spending your gold.

I thought biggest points was 150 million. Maybe I’m mistaken.

#5395 5 years ago

Don’t know that I had ever seen it before, but 375m divided by 15m is 25m. Maybe it was “Big Points”?

Would it make sense that I could have bought 1m points (base) for 120 gold? Because that would also be proof of 15x. (I had 3x playfield running, though wasn’t aware that my shot multiplier must have been 5x).

Maybe the value can be higher for larger levels of gold? I think I was playing Greyjoy, and probably would have beaten Lannister already. Since I never pick Lannister and have only started playing Greyjoy more, it would make sense that I almost never get this much gold.

#5396 5 years ago

150m base value would have made my collect 2.25b...which sounds a little nuts.

#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Well my premium was getting very few full left orbits. So I bought this bit and widened the mounting holes on the diverter mech by 2 steps. I put the mech back in the machine and pushed it forward(towards front of playfield). We are only talking a fraction of an inch. It really didn’t get me many more full left orbits and definitely not nice smooth left orbits. The more I tried to adjust it the more it started messing up diversions to elevator on first shot of every ball and mystery shots.
I’ll probably continue to mess with it here and there. But for now it’s back to a position where it’s at least getting shots diverted to elevator correctly. But still very few full left orbits.

Keep working on it - this is key to fixing your orbits IMO you should widen the mounting holes more to get more adjustment flexibility.

Did you buy the game new or used? If you bought it used, there may be a mod installed as an attempt to help the left orbits. If so, you will probably want to remove that mod as it may be causing the poor right orbits.

Good Luck!

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought biggest points was 150 million. Maybe I’m mistaken.

The highest I had once was 650mil. I had the multipliers at the max of 25x at that moment.

#5399 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The only reason to go into the pops is: Wall Multiball (complete 5 sets of top lanes) and awards from the pops (which aren’t that great except for add-a-ball during multiball).

Disagree.

1) bonus X is worth it in this game. Throwing it into the pops after you’ve had a good ball esp if you’ve collected castles on Prem/LE is majorly worth it.

2) L orbit is a backhand gimme and a way to “pass” to R flipper as ball exits pops. I use this all the time. Instead of simply passing to R flipper I send the ball all the way around the table and possibly get some bonus X or other pop award(s) along the way.

#5400 5 years ago

My fourth and final! Color DMD will be installed in short order!

39B7D7AB-A2DB-4A04-9800-C0AE94141CDA.jpeg39B7D7AB-A2DB-4A04-9800-C0AE94141CDA.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/108?hl=tungs10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.