371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 144.
#5251 5 years ago

Have a Premium. Leveled it side to side (near flippers and near backboard) and have it at 6.5” slope.

Consistently having trouble making it up the left ramp when using the left flipper. Anyone else run into this?

Also, my dragon kickback sometimes fires SDTM. Normal? That’s a rough shot for me - tight to hit and open to drains.

#5252 5 years ago

I've had dragon center drains when my pin was set too steep (front legs fully in, back legs fully out). Now it's set so that the bubble barely touches the upper line on the gauge (front legs ~1,5cm in, back legs still out) and it plays fantastically!

#5253 5 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Have a Premium. Leveled it side to side (near flippers and near backboard) and have it at 6.5” slope.
Consistently having trouble making it up the left ramp when using the left flipper. Anyone else run into this?
Also, my dragon kickback sometimes fires SDTM. Normal? That’s a rough shot for me - tight to hit and open to drains.

I don’t have a premium, but there should be an adjustment screw near the top of the ramp, try loosening it and repositioning the ramp to see if that helps.

My pro gave dragon kick back SDTM too. I gave it a slightly steeper pitch and ever so gently bent the left ball guide slightly to the right so now it feeds the very bottom of the right flipper which I believe is the intent of the shot feed.

#5254 5 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Because of the shot geometry, it's much easier to make that ramp using the right flipper. I feel like this is the case with every premium/LE I've played. For some reason, it seems like an easier shot on the pro.

#5255 5 years ago

I have a premium and I can make the center ramp from the left flipper 90% of the time. I've also played pros where you could not make this shot. I just think every GOT is different and is very subject to set-up.

#5256 5 years ago

Yes that seems to be the case. I can make all shots but try backhanding the right flipper to the upper playfield kills me. I see others do it no problem. I can backhand the left loop no problem. Love this game.

#5257 5 years ago

I apologise in advance, as I'm about to do something I absolutely hate: namely asking for something on a topic without reading through to see if the answer is already there- but at 106 pages I can't read through all of this topic.

I've just got an LE GoT (251). It already has a colour DMD, shaker motor, inlane cliffy's, and 'condoms' over the bulbs to limit the seizure inducing WHC effects fitted and wanted to know what are peoples other 'must-have mods?

#5258 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

but at 106 pages I can't read through all of this topic.

Using “find in this topic” function works great.

I liked the mezel battering ram and pyramid. I also like beatmasters lock plate sticker spinner stickers and pop caps.

Oh and of course Scott’s alternate translite.

#5259 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I apologise in advance, as I'm about to do something I absolutely hate: namely asking for something on a topic without reading through to see if the answer is already there- but at 106 pages I can't read through all of this topic.
I've just got an LE GoT (251). It already has a colour DMD, shaker motor, inlane cliffy's, and 'condoms' over the bulbs to limit the seizure inducing WHC effects fitted and wanted to know what are peoples other 'must-have mods?

there's a setting in feature adjustments to tone down lighting effects; I think its just for blackwater multiball but highly recommend. I can't play in the game otherwise.

#5260 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Yes that seems to be the case. I can make all shots but try backhanding the right flipper to the upper playfield kills me. I see others do it no problem.

How are your flippers aligned? You may need to raise them slightly.

#5261 5 years ago

anyone know where i can buy the sticker that goes on the premium upper playfield. It goes on the front for the metal guide and makes the castle blend in, if that makes sense

#5262 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

there's a setting in feature adjustments to tone down lighting effects; I think its just for blackwater multiball but highly recommend. I can't play in the game otherwise.

Very first thing I checked and changed

#5263 5 years ago

I have found an issue that really bothers me and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. After watching @chuckwurt's tutorial I soft plunge and try to hit down the drop targets on my first shot every time. I have no problem with this on a one person game or the first person in a two player game. I typically let my wife play first so I noticed while playing as second player I will hit the drop targets on my first shot and after hitting one or two of them they will reset. This eliminates the advantage you have of not validating the playfield with the soft plunge. It does not seem to do it with any of the 3 balls if I play as first player. Anyone else notice this?

#5264 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I have found an issue that really bothers me and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. After watching chuckwurt's tutorial I soft plunge and try to hit down the drop targets on my first shot every time. I have no problem with this on a one person game or the first person in a two player game. I typically let my wife play first so I noticed while playing as second player I will hit the drop targets on my first shot and after hitting one or two of them they will reset. This eliminates the advantage you have of not validating the playfield with the soft plunge. It does not seem to do it with any of the 3 balls if I play as first player. Anyone else notice this?

Your drop targets are not working properly. The only time they should reset is at the start of the ball, after you’ve hit all three down, or if you’re in certain modes in which they reset with each hit.

#5265 5 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Sorry to sound stupid, but by "left ramp" do you mean the center ramp that starts "house mode" and leads to the "sword ball lock" for Blackwater multiball? If so, I often find that with my Premium when I shoot that ramp with either flipper the ball seems to get obstructed by something in the "tunnel" and comes back. It's not dependent on the strength of the hit; I can hit a strong shot and it will still come back. I have a feeling it may have to do with how it's leveled, but I wonder if others have similar issues.

#5266 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your drop targets are not working properly. The only time they should reset is at the start of the ball, after you’ve hit all three down, or if you’re in certain modes in which they reset with each hit.

What do you think could cause that only in a multiplayer game?

#5267 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

What do you think could cause that only in a multiplayer game?

Randon dumb luck I’d say. Are you certain it happens 100% of the time in multiplayer games and 0% of the time in single player games?

I’ve seen targets reset before they weren’t supposed to, but it was very intermittent or during a ball search.

#5268 5 years ago

Definitely only happens during multiplayer games, but I will double check if it happens every time.

#5269 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

After watching chuckwurt's tutorial I soft plunge and try to hit down the drop targets on my first shot every time.

whats the advantage to this?

#5270 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The advantage is that you can knock down these high risk targets early before the ball save even starts - - if you soft plunge properly and cradle on the right flipper the ball save will not activate until you hit your first shot, maximizing the time you have to knock those targets down and get your outlane ball save lit and ready for later in gameplay.

For me, I try to soft plunge and then go for the Targaryen shot as much as I can since this is the toughest shot for me on the game.

Also, if you have a premium or LE, if you soft plunge, light a mode, light a lock, and then go up the middle to lock the ball and start the mode, when the subsequent ball is kicked to the shooter lane the game will autofire it and then bring it up to the upper playfield making collecting a castle much easier and quicker than having to try and make a right ramp shot to get it up there - it's sort of a gimme way of getting the ball risk free up to the upper playfield and getting all the extra benefits of what the upper playfield has to offer during modes. It won't do this if you plunge the ball too deep right off the start and send it up to the upper playfield to begin with.

#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Personally I don't want my ball save on the first shot of the game. I find soft plunging all the time on GOT pro to not really be worth it, eXpecially since the outlanes are pretty forgiving.

#5272 5 years ago

Yeah I always mindlessly take the easy skill shot...might give the soft plunge a try.

#5273 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I like to soft plunge and go for the drop targets for the reason stated above. It also makes it less risky to light the Baratheon house as I am typically in a mode or multiball after the plunge.

#5274 5 years ago

I plunge with the action button...mainly because im lazy.

#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah I always mindlessly take the easy skill shot...might give the soft plunge a try.

If you haven't watched @chuckwurt's streams (1 through 5) I would highly recommend it. A lot of great information in those videos.

#5276 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's because you get 50 billion every time you play. I need every advantage I can get to reach 2 billion.

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've always felt like most games you can't play too scared. It would be one thing if you had no ball saver and soft plunge like Whirlwind or something, but I find is very easy to let the ball screw around in the pops and come down to the right flipper. At that point, I usually have 2-4 shots at Targaryeon with the saver still on.

#5278 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That's because you get 50 billion every time you play. I need every advantage I can get to reach 2 billion.

ROFL! my lunch just hit the keyboard.

#5279 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Using “find in this topic” function works great.
I liked the mezel battering ram and pyramid. I also like beatmasters lock plate sticker spinner stickers and pop caps.
Oh and of course Scott’s alternate translite.

thanks for the kind words chuck.

had a few request so i made another batch.

as always just shoot me a pm.

thanks guys, bob.

#5280 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the kind words chuck.
had a few request so i made another batch.
as always just shoot me a pm.
thanks guys, bob.

Ordered some. Thanks

#5281 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Randon dumb luck I’d say. Are you certain it happens 100% of the time in multiplayer games and 0% of the time in single player games?
I’ve seen targets reset before they weren’t supposed to, but it was very intermittent or during a ball search.

So I tried to do it the drop target reset again tonight and it worked as it should. I don’t know what was going on the other night, but I guess everything is normal.

#5282 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I have found an issue that really bothers me and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. After watching chuckwurt's tutorial I soft plunge and try to hit down the drop targets on my first shot every time. I have no problem with this on a one person game or the first person in a two player game. I typically let my wife play first so I noticed while playing as second player I will hit the drop targets on my first shot and after hitting one or two of them they will reset. This eliminates the advantage you have of not validating the playfield with the soft plunge. It does not seem to do it with any of the 3 balls if I play as first player. Anyone else notice this?

Are you playing house Baratheon by any chance when this happens?

#5283 5 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Sorry to sound stupid, but by "left ramp" do you mean the center ramp that starts "house mode" and leads to the "sword ball lock" for Blackwater multiball? If so, I often find that with my Premium when I shoot that ramp with either flipper the ball seems to get obstructed by something in the "tunnel" and comes back. It's not dependent on the strength of the hit; I can hit a strong shot and it will still come back. I have a feeling it may have to do with how it's leveled, but I wonder if others have similar issues.

This is my experience on most premiums, also part of a reason why i prefer the pro. People keep saying the everything with the left ramp is similar as pro, but sure does not feel like it

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

This is my experience on most premiums, also part of a reason why i prefer the pro. People keep saying the everything with the left ramp is similar as pro, but sure does not feel like it

It's the identical part number so the ramps are 100% identical. Due to build tolerance differences some aren't as smooth as others but that is in no way a pro vs Prem/LE difference. If you struggle to hit the center ramp on a prem/LE but can on a pro it's almost fully a physiological reason.

Not talking about how some games you can't hit the center ramp from the left flipper (that's the tolerances I spoke about) and is a different issue also not a pro or prem/LE specific challenge.

#5285 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's the identical part number so the ramps are 100% identical. Due to build tolerance differences some aren't as smooth as others but that is in no way a pro vs Prem/LE difference. If you struggle to hit the center ramp on a prem/LE but can on a pro it's almost fully a physiological reason.
Not talking about how some games you can't hit the center ramp from the left flipper (that's the tolerances I spoke about) and is a different issue also not a pro or prem/LE specific challenge.

If the game is dirty or the flippers need rebuilt. Those are the only times I haven’t been able to backhand either ramp on any version.

#5286 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are you playing house Baratheon by any chance when this happens?

I don’t believe so as I rarely play Baratheon, but I guess it’s possible. I think I was playing Tyrel or possibly Greyjoy.

#5287 5 years ago

Backhanding the left orbit with left flipper, or left (center) ramp no problem. But how you consistently backhand right ramp with right flipper on Pro is beyond me ;P

Takes a miracle for me to hit that or by accident when I'm flailing about.

#5288 5 years ago

Interesting... Right ramp right flipper should be pretty easy

#5289 5 years ago

can line it up, but it usually doesn't have enough oomph to make it all the way to top.

#5290 5 years ago

Right flipper > Right ramp is the only way I seem to be able to consistently make the right ramp shot on my pro

#5291 5 years ago

Totally agree with this, it’s psychological. Because the center shot is hidden somewhat on the Pre/LE, the angle of the shot is less obvious. I look at the flipper when I’m going for that shot, not the ramp. I’ve had people tell me that the Targaryen shot is easier on my LE than on their pro, but again I think this is mental more than physical.

Quoted from 85vett:

#5292 5 years ago

Question for Pre/LE owners: can you make the right ramp from a cradle on the right flipper, or only on the fly? I think I need to tweak mine a little.

#5293 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

can line it up, but it usually doesn't have enough oomph to make it all the way to top.

Are you using stock black rubber?

#5294 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Right flipper > Right ramp is the only way I seem to be able to consistently make the right ramp shot on my pro

Some what awkward at first, I made myself learn that ramp with the left flipper. Learned to love that shot

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are you using stock black rubber?

yes, stock black rubber. And in my example I'm referring to a cradled ball then attempting the shot. I've hit it often enough when in motion, but cradled forget it

Quoted from TheLaw:

Some what awkward at first, I made myself learn that ramp with the left flipper. Learned to love that shot

Agreed, very satisfying shot LF to RR.

#5296 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Question for Pre/LE owners: can you make the right ramp from a cradle on the right flipper, or only on the fly? I think I need to tweak mine a little.

I can do it from a cradle but it takes a clean shot. It's a very tight window for the backhand to right ramp on the prem/le and the pro. I use only reg flipper rubber so that may also make it a tad harder. On games with superbands that shot is much easier.

I think the prem/LE is more forgiving on a miss with the backhand. The pro ramp is quite a bit longer so it seems to take a more precise shot to me. Could be physiological though as I believe the Prem/LE ramp is steeper while being shorter so it may equal out to needing the same amount of power.

#5297 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have used most different type of flipper rubbers on my Prem GOT and have always been able to backhand the right ramp consistently from a right flipper cradle. Much safer and easier shot than from the left flipper.

#5298 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I don’t believe so as I rarely play Baratheon, but I guess it’s possible. I think I was playing Tyrel or possibly Greyjoy.

I known when playing Baratheon that the drop targets reset when you hit them. Keep that in mind and make sure that isnt what is happening.

#5299 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I known when playing Baratheon that the drop targets reset when you hit them. Keep that in mind and make sure that isnt what is happening.

Yeah I don’t think that’s happening to him as he’s trying to hit the drops right off the plunge (no modes running)

#5300 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I don’t think that’s happening to him as he’s trying to hit the drops right off the plunge (no modes running)

You're probably right. Very weird issue seems like though thats for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.