371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.
#5201 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Stark: higher WIC hurryups and change WHC to only require 3 to start?

Make the WHC SJP the value of your WIC hurry ups, after multipliers. Have another change in the game to get billions on one shot.

#5202 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make the WHC SJP the value of your WIC hurry ups, after multipliers. Have another change in the game to get billions on one shot.

Leave martell as is.

Lannister. More gold, better awards, allow bonus multipliers to be unlimited.

Baratheon. Wall is worth more currently, make it worth even more. And do 4 advances for first walk, 6 for second, 8 for third, 10 for any more.

Greyjoy. Make all modes require the purple shots to complete the mode.

Tyrell. Allow the shot multiplier to reach 6x like in hand of the king.

General rule for all houses. Their specific mode is worth more if you have chosen that house.

#5203 6 years ago

I've got nothing regarding the rules, but regarding the Spike system in general - don't know if it is capable of this though:
Provide a shaker strength setting, not just a setting how often it is supposed to go off.
The Subwoofer should only get to play the bass (and more volume by default), right now it seems to be getting the full spectrum. Best would probably be a software filter with a menu-adjustable cutoff frequency.

#5204 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Provide a shaker strength setting,

You can change the weights on the shaker motor itself, adjust the offset so that it doesnt shake to much.

For code. I’d love to see a hero for each house. Something that you can purchase for gold that gives you a bonus throughout the game. It would be a cool way to include more characters from the show and a bit more depth to the game.

***Also can I get people to post pics of their playfield porduction number stickers. I’d really like to figure out how many were made of each run.

#5205 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

***Also can I get people to post pics of their playfield porduction number stickers. I’d really like to figure out how many were made of each run.

Unless GOT is unique in this aspect that wont tell you the number of produced units. People have tired many times in the past using those numbers and it hasn't panned out. If memory serves me correctly those are just the batch numbers for PF's being produced by any given vendor.

#5206 6 years ago

Rules polish:

+ Winter has come:
> Leave the jackpot value at the base WIC value. Instead, raise all base WIC values higher.

+Houses:
> Stark: raise WIC values even higher. Decrease # of shots to get the super jp in WHC mb.

> Baratheon: I like chuckwurt to increase the scoring more and make second attempt to qualify it easier.

> Lannister: increase gold. Allow gold to be spent while a mode is active. Increase ball saver time across the board by 5 seconds for all multiballs and beginning of ball.

> Greyjoy: Just make Martel mode more difficult. Maybe only allow the martel add a ball power to be allowed once a game rather than once per ball as Greyjoy.

> Tyrell: no changes needed

> Martell: no changes needed.

#5207 6 years ago

Build more rules, rewards and strategy into the upper playfield for Premium/LE!!!!

#5208 6 years ago

I noticed GoT is now in the Stern archive, along with TWD and KISS. Yet oddly enough WWE isn't (unsold inventory?).

Rob

#5209 6 years ago

Only a 2 year production run

#5210 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I noticed GoT is now in the Stern archive ...

Yay! Does that mean my LE will now start going up in value instead of down?

#5211 6 years ago

I need to get my hands on a premium.... Or beg for one more run!!!!

#5212 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I need to get my hands on a premium.... Or beg for one more run!!!!

Probably easier to find an LE then a Premium

#5213 6 years ago

Anyone have issues installing the ROM for the ColorDMD? Tried 2 different sticks and the screen just goes blank and never comes back on, after I press the left button for 5sec. Works perfect in mono.

#5214 6 years ago

What controller board version is your colordmd?

#5215 6 years ago

Eskaybee set me straight and I’m playin in full color now! Thanks my man

#5216 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If we were to see an update, what would it take to balance the houses a bit more?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

General rule for all houses. Their specific mode is worth more if you have chosen that house.

Coming back to rule changes for a possible update. After playing the game a lot more and digging through chuckwurt's awesome tutorials, I've especially come to like this idea.

That change and something of a mightier power for Lannister. Maybe better Lannister-exclusive mystery options, like advancing the different multiballs, "infiltrating" other houses gaining their power for the current ball, or something like that.

Another great thing would be to have House Targaryan be selectable. That would probably be like christmas for most of us ^^. An idea for their specialty would be higher jackpot values in Blackwater multiball, because dragons and ships you know

#5217 6 years ago

A friend of mine said when he's playing with other people they roll a die before starting to randomly determine which house they are. If never tried this, but I kind of like the idea.

#5218 6 years ago

I really liked how at nationals they made everyone play on novice mode.

#5219 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I really liked how at nationals they made everyone play on novice mode.

I'm normally in aggreance with you on things GOT related but in this case I'm polar opposite. I hated how they set it up.

If they wanted to force people to play as Stark that is fine but take it out of novice and make each player select it. Novice also completes Stark, lights Greyjoy and doesn't allow you to pass. This takes almost all the strategy and risk vs reward out of the game. You basically only had 1 house to choose to take with you into HOTK as well due to the settings since Lannister is going to collect by mode start shots and you can't pass. And that post they added to the right loop was just dumb. It converted a live catch (skill) ball into a let it bounce ball to get control.

IMHO - If they are concerned the game will play to long and they feel the need to basically nerf the whole game, just don't put it in the tournament.

The way that game was set up, someone playing Tyrell would have been much more successful than the usual Martel player.

#5220 6 years ago

Very valid points. I saw it more as, this nationals. All of these people most likely know what they are doing on GOT and have a tournament strategy down.

Let's flip it on them, make them play novice mode and see what they can do.

Makes the game "more difficult" due to known strategies no longer being viable.

One thing I didn't see once was anyone concentrating on WIC hurry ups. Lots of games were won with sub 200 million points. With multipliers and such, you should be able to get 50-100 million from one collect. Certainly seemed viable to do in between BW MBs.

#5221 6 years ago

Who says Wall multiball isn’t worth anything...? 34 bil Wall multiball In this one

A7E53428-896E-437F-A3A0-B4C0A9F1C393 (resized).jpegA7E53428-896E-437F-A3A0-B4C0A9F1C393 (resized).jpeg

25C7F1E5-061D-44D4-859E-5F9C04357518 (resized).jpeg25C7F1E5-061D-44D4-859E-5F9C04357518 (resized).jpeg

#5222 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Who says Wall multiball isn’t worth anything...? 34 bil Wall multiball In this one

Wut? How?!?! Amazing

#5223 6 years ago

WTF!!!!!

#5224 6 years ago

what!!! please tell me it was with the glass off.

#5225 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

what!!! please tell me it was with the glass off.

Glass on. Super stack Wall mb + winter has come. It’s why I wish I played competition just show people that other houses are viable. Now I typically do this as Baratheon and pull in 5-10 bil, but this time it was with Greyjoy using baratheons power with Tyrell inlane combo. I was getting 20X supers for 1.5 bil.

#5226 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It takes me 100 plus games to get 34 Billion.

#5227 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Glass on. Super stack Wall mb + winter has come. It’s why I wish I played competition just show people that other houses are viable. Now I typically do this as Baratheon and pull in 5-10 bil, but this time it was with Greyjoy using baratheons power with Tyrell inlane combo. I was getting 20X supers for 1.5 bil.

great strategy man, amazing score.

i need to spend more time on it, so many possibilities.

#5228 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Probably easier to find an LE then a Premium

This is definitely what I'm seeing out here.

2 weeks later
#5229 5 years ago

Power to the blood magic, house Baratheon Rules!

IMG_0869 (resized).jpgIMG_0869 (resized).jpg

#5230 5 years ago

Loved the game but it was time for it to go. Keep enjoying it you crazy kids!

#5231 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

damn! that's a great score!

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And I thought the video mode bug was bad! Haha. If I have time soon I’ll try and record video of this on stream based off your technique on tilt forums.

#5233 5 years ago

i sold my pro but i am thinking of getting GoT again. Should i go premium?

#5234 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i sold my pro but i am thinking of getting GoT again. Should i go premium?

If I ever get rid of my Pro it will be to get a Prem/LE. Not that I think they are better, just that I would want to switch it up without losing GOT completely.

#5235 5 years ago

Sold my LE and recently picked up a pro. Both are super fun games and if you’re gonna double dip it’s totally worth it to switch it up as they do feel like slightly different games. Both are great.

#5236 5 years ago

I've been tempted to add a premium to the collection and keep the Pro as well
Favorite pin of all time, still.

#5237 5 years ago

Premium looks nicer but plays so much slower. The mini playfield and changed ramp take the insane adrenaline kick the pro offers out of the game imho.
For me the pro is a rapid beast that can reliably leave me shaking and all pumped up after a good game. The only other game that can get me to that point is Johnny Mnemonic. These two are by far the most intense pins on steroids I've ever come across

#5238 5 years ago

Try SW Pro.like GOT 2.0 and definitely intense!

#5239 5 years ago

Actually I've played the 4 side by side before I decided to buy my GoT Pro. SW Prem/LE was okayish, the kicker and getaway ramp were pretty cool, but the gameplay didn't get me. Though I must say that I am not much of a Star Wars fan and find its music utterly annoying - might have contributed to that judgement. SW Pro felt like they had taken everything fun out of the Prem and built a pure cash-grab machine for operators . Not as bad as GOTG Pro but close..
But that was mid January, possibly on old code. Maybe I should visit the location again soon and give them another try if you say SW rocks after all! ^^

#5240 5 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Actually I've played the 4 side by side before I decided to buy my GoT Pro. SW Prem/LE was okayish, the kicker and getaway ramp were pretty cool, but the gameplay didn't get me. Though I must say that I am not much of a Star Wars fan and find its music utterly annoying - might have contributed to that judgement. SW Pro felt like they had taken everything fun out of the Prem and built a pure cash-grab machine for operators . Not as bad as GOTG Pro but close..
But that was mid January, possibly on old code. Maybe I should visit the location again soon and give them another try if you say SW rocks after all! ^^

Give SW pro a chance. It is a speed / strategy, non linear as they come, game that makes a lot of use out of the tournament button. You definitely need to keep attention to what is going on.

As far as GOT prom/LE versus pro, I like the extra code in the upper play field ( there is more then people give credit too), but I can certainly understand the attention given the pro. More flow and like SW pro priced significantly below the more expensive options.

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Premium looks nicer but plays so much slower. The mini playfield and changed ramp take the insane adrenaline kick the pro offers out of the game imho ... The only other game that can get me to that point is Johnny Mnemonic. These two are by far the most intense pins on steroids I've ever come across.

Interesting. I would argue that the glove on JM slows the game down much more than the upper playfield on GoT.

#5242 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Interesting. I would argue that the glove on JM slows the game down much more than the upper playfield on GoT.

Valid point.
Thinking about it, if you look closely the basic gameplay is rather similar. When no lock is lit the glove is bypassed except for mode starts (and nas cure). So it kinda works just like GoTs left ramp with the difference that starting a mode does not also lock a ball and locking lets you choose rewards, not modes. Mode unlocking is done by shooting the scoop once instead of 3 shots, but other than that big portions of the gameplay and flow don't differ too much. Both have ultra fast orbits that can be diverted into the pops, modes are long playfield shots, ramps are extremely fast, scoop/dragon can either give you a few secs of rest or fire back immediately, missing shots often leads to instant death, and in multiball all possible slow down are off for maximum mayhem ^^.
Of course GoT is much more refined, advanced and allows tons of strategy JM does not, but they have more in common than meets the eye

#5243 5 years ago

Look what I got today.

IMG_1015 (resized).JPGIMG_1015 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPGIMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1017 (resized).JPGIMG_1017 (resized).JPG
IMG_1021 (resized).JPGIMG_1021 (resized).JPG

#5244 5 years ago

Bluetooth?

#5245 5 years ago

I don't know, that's a card he stuck up there.

#5246 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I don't know, that's a card he stuck up there.

Could you snap a pic of the boards inside the head? Maybe there’s a Bluetooth audio sender connected to the headphone jack. I don’t know what else it could be?

#5247 5 years ago

I added the Bluetooth as an experiment, it works pretty good. (stereo !)

Wife did not enjoy the volume level I like so I used earbuds and Bluetooth.

PM me if you want details about how to do.

Bud

#5248 5 years ago

In it's new home.

DSCF0008 (resized).JPGDSCF0008 (resized).JPG

DSCF0007 (resized).JPGDSCF0007 (resized).JPG

#5249 5 years ago

Does anybody make decals for the ramps , or could somebody make me decals? I was thinking a gray cobble stone would look nice on the ramps.

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from guss:

In it's new home.

Nice lineup you have there. I like the wood on the walls in your gameroom also, looks cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/105 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.