By Pdxmonkey

2 years ago

Stats

• 5,175 posts
  • 325 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 582 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

124 (resized).jpg
E2625613-A22F-49ED-8A12-3F5D76F79C45 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8519 (resized).JPG
hand (resized).png
tenorUL8DPCCT.gif
j (resized).jpg
233CCA0C-E32F-4341-8A52-4EC7E30B12FB (resized).jpeg
07A4D6DA-98F8-4B7A-9A8D-4194D6032547 (resized).jpeg
E709DADF-1465-484C-A8FF-952FA54FF9B1 (resized).jpeg
superior-lubricant-drip (resized).jpg
625AF709-4A49-42B0-A92A-201358827896 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171222_161514 (resized).jpg
82E5713B-9B7B-427A-A702-D133C9A16789 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3517 (resized).JPG
IMG_3523 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).JPG

There are 5175 posts in topic. You are on page 104 of 104.
#5151 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

SHAME!

#5152 12 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I prefer premium/le.

Me too. I know a lot of people think the upper playfield kills the flow of the right ramp and use that as most of their basis for preferring the pro, but my hunch is that they don't fully understand how well the upper playfield is implemented and how to leverage it in game play. The upper playfield brings into play the ability to add time to modes, complete mode shots, earn castles, build jackpot values, play a multiball that doesn't even exist on the pro, trap balls during multiballs, etc. all adds more strategic options to a game already deep with strategy. At the end of the day, there's always the option NOT to flip while the ball is on the upper playfield.

Plus, on my game, sometime I choose to flip the ball through those upper lanes on the upper playfield so as to allow for a safer left flipper catch when the ball returns from the orbit versus having to make a shot on the fly from the left flipper as it comes down the ramp. It just opens up your options on how you want to play depending on what your current objectives are.

At least the pro kicks ass as well so you can't go wrong with either.

#5153 12 days ago
Quoted from T-800:

Me too. I know a lot of people think the upper playfield kills the flow of the right ramp and use that as most of their basis for preferring the pro, but my hunch is that they don't fully understand how well the upper playfield is implemented and how to leverage it in game play. The upper playfield brings into play the ability to add time to modes, complete mode shots, earn castles, build jackpot values, play a multiball that doesn't even exist on the pro, trap balls during multiballs, etc. all adds more strategic options to a game already deep with strategy. At the end of the day, there's always the option NOT to flip while the ball is on the upper playfield.

Plus, on my game, sometime I choose to flip the ball through those upper lanes on the upper playfield so as to allow for a safer left flipper catch when the ball returns from the orbit versus having to make a shot on the fly from the left flipper as it comes down the ramp. It just opens up your options on how you want to play depending on what your current objectives are.

At least the pro kicks ass as well so you can't go wrong with either.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I used to think the pro was the better version until I bought my LE and was able to put a lot of time on it. Once you understand all the rules, the upper playfield adds so much more to the game. Some people argue that it's too big and blocks the entire upper left part of the playfield. This may be true, but it's not as if it is blocking anything important. The game was designed with the upper playfield, and they basically just stripped it away for the pro. The only thing I really don't like about the premium/LE is how the throne completely blocks the upper lane inserts. It's a cool toy, but it's placement is hardly optimal.

#5154 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

tenorUL8DPCCT.gif

#5155 12 days ago

p.s.
Last night...During the Mystery Shot I had the option of Golden Hand or Super Jackpot. Crazy thing I said to myself, "What would Chuck do?" Ha. Get your GOT back soon
hand (resized).png

#5156 12 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

p.s.
Last night...During the Mystery Shot I had the option of Golden Hand or Super Jackpot. Crazy thing I said to myself, "What would Chuck do?" Ha. Get your GOT back soon

750k end of ball bonus? Pffffff. Haha

#5157 12 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

750k end of ball bonus? Pffffff. Haha

I know..., but I had to see what it looked like w/the new ColorDMD and I was hoping to catalyze the golden hand w/multipliers at the end.

#5158 12 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I know..., but I had to see what it looked like w/the new ColorDMD and I was hoping to catalyze the golden hand w/multipliers at the end.

That’s a good point. If you knew you were sitting on like 25-30x bonus that would be a legit choice. Not easy to set up the SJP bug. If you don’t, you’re screwed.

#5159 12 days ago

I’m looking for a GOT pro... again. for location Will be my fourth GOT! (Wtf!?) if I can find one. PM me if you can help. I’m in Atlanta.

#5160 11 days ago

Played for the first time in a while and noticed my spinner is sitting like this. Any advice on how to get it to sit vertical again? The ball barely hit it...

#5161 11 days ago

Chuck, have parts 4 and 5 of your walk thru been done already? Great stuff! Met is awesome too so enjoy.

#5162 11 days ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Chuck, have parts 4 and 5 of your walk thru been done already? Great stuff! Met is awesome too so enjoy.

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

#5163 11 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Played for the first time in a while and noticed my spinner is sitting like this. Any advice on how to get it to sit vertical again? The ball barely hit it...

Sitting like what? We need a picture Captain!

Pics or it isnt sitting like that!

#5164 11 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pic? Make sure the arm on the right is not hanging up on the screw that is holding the spinner bracket in place. If that’s not it, take the spinner out and straighten the arms. Play with them a bit and see what gets it to sit upright again.

#5165 11 days ago

Oh snap! Just realized it didn't upload haha

IMG_8519 (resized).JPG

#5166 10 days ago

Just finished fitting these. Big thanks again Bob @beatmaster bugger to fit on the LE but worth the pain.

E2625613-A22F-49ED-8A12-3F5D76F79C45 (resized).jpeg

#5167 10 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Definitely inspect the arm on the right where it’s next to the screw. May be caught there. Make sure the screw isn’t loose. Your spinner arms look a little bent too. Don’t adjust those until you look at that screw though.

#5168 10 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is it sticking? Will it spin free if you hold the switch arm down?

Rob

124 (resized).jpg

#5169 10 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is it sticking? Will it spin free if you hold the switch arm down?
Rob

His definitely looks like it's bent upward on the left hand side.

#5170 8 days ago

Not caught on the screw and it does spin freely...I'm at a loss.

#5171 8 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Then the arms on the spinner are not straight/need adjusted. Best way to tell is taking it out of the game.

#5172 8 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The axis arms are bent. It's very obvious in the pic. They need to be exactly 90 degrees to the edge of the spinner. This happens when the spinner is moving and a fast moving ball strikes squarely on the top or bottom of the spinner.

#5173 4 days ago

Thought I’d share this story in case it inspires others to try yet another strat to this game Now this strategy isn’t new or anything, I think others have discussed doing the same but found it fun and yet funny.

So with @chuckwurt tutorial and learning that winter has come multiball super jackpot (and jackpots?) is based on WIC base value, not its multiplied value; I saw an opening and reason to play stark. My goal was to see how much I could blow up WHC playing as stark. I decided to get WHC + Wall mb stacked together which is fun in itself and something I can do quite regularly now if I see an opening for it.

My typical strategy for the most part at the start of a game with just about any House is to light LOL (only one per game) while ball saver is active then with LOL I’ll qualify at least 4 houses to play. Typically Tyrell (hardest to qualify), Baratheon, Greyjoy, Lannister (with ball 3 lock). I do this to take advantage of having LOL lit and get the board setup. Now if I drain and use that LOL early on, I change up the game plan which typically means not lighting Baratheon or even Tyrell and let those come naturally over time as they are the hardest to light due to side to side ball drains.

That all said, for this strategy of playing stark and trying to blow up WHC in the game I had yesterday, I just so happened to nail my typical strategy to a tee having Tyrell, Baratheon, Greyjoy, and stark all lit and had Blackwater mb ready which would also light Lannister. But here’s the kicker, I still had my LOL lit. So instead of starting multiball i pushed the risk/reward factor and hammered away at my Baratheon targets to get my spinner to level 4. I achieved that and I think I saw my spinner base value at 797,000 or somewhere around there. In doing so, I completed 2 WIC hurryups and got Wall multiball ready. I then started black water Multiball with Lannister + Tyrell. At the end of that multiball, I actually did not complete either of those 2 modes. I then completed my 3rd WIC, saving the Lannister ramp for my 4th and eventually starting the WHC + Wall mb stack with it all while still having a level 4 spinner value.

At the end of all this (bw mb then WHC+Wall mb, with the level 4 spinner and playing as stark) I ended with an 350mil~ Wall mb total, 890mil~ WHC mb and my score was roughly 4.3 bil. This all happened on ball 1 and The funny part is ball 2 and 3 drained pretty immediate and I ended the game with 4.5 bil and not completing one mode.

Sorry for the wall of text. Just wanted to share. I found it cool to have another strategy of blowing up the game and didn’t even have to complete a mode.

#5174 4 days ago

^^^^^ Very cool, thanks for another approach to the game. Just imagine if you had a good ball 2 and 3 (and then maybe 4)...

#5175 4 days ago

Thanks for sharing, @eskaybee! What's so great about this game is the almost limitless ways you can attack it. I don't think there is any other game that even comes close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.50
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5175 posts in topic. You are on page 104 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside