371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 144.
#5151 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

SHAME!

#5152 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I prefer premium/le.

Me too. I know a lot of people think the upper playfield kills the flow of the right ramp and use that as most of their basis for preferring the pro, but my hunch is that they don't fully understand how well the upper playfield is implemented and how to leverage it in game play. The upper playfield brings into play the ability to add time to modes, complete mode shots, earn castles, build jackpot values, play a multiball that doesn't even exist on the pro, trap balls during multiballs, etc. all adds more strategic options to a game already deep with strategy. At the end of the day, there's always the option NOT to flip while the ball is on the upper playfield.

Plus, on my game, sometime I choose to flip the ball through those upper lanes on the upper playfield so as to allow for a safer left flipper catch when the ball returns from the orbit versus having to make a shot on the fly from the left flipper as it comes down the ramp. It just opens up your options on how you want to play depending on what your current objectives are.

At least the pro kicks ass as well so you can't go wrong with either.

#5153 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Me too. I know a lot of people think the upper playfield kills the flow of the right ramp and use that as most of their basis for preferring the pro, but my hunch is that they don't fully understand how well the upper playfield is implemented and how to leverage it in game play. The upper playfield brings into play the ability to add time to modes, complete mode shots, earn castles, build jackpot values, play a multiball that doesn't even exist on the pro, trap balls during multiballs, etc. all adds more strategic options to a game already deep with strategy. At the end of the day, there's always the option NOT to flip while the ball is on the upper playfield.

Plus, on my game, sometime I choose to flip the ball through those upper lanes on the upper playfield so as to allow for a safer left flipper catch when the ball returns from the orbit versus having to make a shot on the fly from the left flipper as it comes down the ramp. It just opens up your options on how you want to play depending on what your current objectives are.

At least the pro kicks ass as well so you can't go wrong with either.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I used to think the pro was the better version until I bought my LE and was able to put a lot of time on it. Once you understand all the rules, the upper playfield adds so much more to the game. Some people argue that it's too big and blocks the entire upper left part of the playfield. This may be true, but it's not as if it is blocking anything important. The game was designed with the upper playfield, and they basically just stripped it away for the pro. The only thing I really don't like about the premium/LE is how the throne completely blocks the upper lane inserts. It's a cool toy, but it's placement is hardly optimal.

#5154 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

tenorUL8DPCCT.giftenorUL8DPCCT.gif

#5155 6 years ago

p.s.
Last night...During the Mystery Shot I had the option of Golden Hand or Super Jackpot. Crazy thing I said to myself, "What would Chuck do?" Ha. Get your GOT back soon
hand (resized).pnghand (resized).png

#5156 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

p.s.
Last night...During the Mystery Shot I had the option of Golden Hand or Super Jackpot. Crazy thing I said to myself, "What would Chuck do?" Ha. Get your GOT back soon

750k end of ball bonus? Pffffff. Haha

#5157 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

750k end of ball bonus? Pffffff. Haha

I know..., but I had to see what it looked like w/the new ColorDMD and I was hoping to catalyze the golden hand w/multipliers at the end.

#5158 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I know..., but I had to see what it looked like w/the new ColorDMD and I was hoping to catalyze the golden hand w/multipliers at the end.

That’s a good point. If you knew you were sitting on like 25-30x bonus that would be a legit choice. Not easy to set up the SJP bug. If you don’t, you’re screwed.

#5159 6 years ago

I’m looking for a GOT pro... again. for location Will be my fourth GOT! (Wtf!?) if I can find one. PM me if you can help. I’m in Atlanta.

#5160 6 years ago

Played for the first time in a while and noticed my spinner is sitting like this. Any advice on how to get it to sit vertical again? The ball barely hit it...

#5161 6 years ago

Chuck, have parts 4 and 5 of your walk thru been done already? Great stuff! Met is awesome too so enjoy.

#5162 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Chuck, have parts 4 and 5 of your walk thru been done already? Great stuff! Met is awesome too so enjoy.

#5163 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Played for the first time in a while and noticed my spinner is sitting like this. Any advice on how to get it to sit vertical again? The ball barely hit it...

Sitting like what? We need a picture Captain!

Pics or it isnt sitting like that!

#5164 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pic? Make sure the arm on the right is not hanging up on the screw that is holding the spinner bracket in place. If that’s not it, take the spinner out and straighten the arms. Play with them a bit and see what gets it to sit upright again.

#5165 6 years ago

Oh snap! Just realized it didn't upload haha

IMG_8519 (resized).JPGIMG_8519 (resized).JPG

#5166 6 years ago

Just finished fitting these. Big thanks again Bob beatmaster bugger to fit on the LE but worth the pain.

E2625613-A22F-49ED-8A12-3F5D76F79C45 (resized).jpegE2625613-A22F-49ED-8A12-3F5D76F79C45 (resized).jpeg

#5167 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Definitely inspect the arm on the right where it’s next to the screw. May be caught there. Make sure the screw isn’t loose. Your spinner arms look a little bent too. Don’t adjust those until you look at that screw though.

#5168 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is it sticking? Will it spin free if you hold the switch arm down?

Rob

124 (resized).jpg124 (resized).jpg

#5169 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is it sticking? Will it spin free if you hold the switch arm down?
Rob

His definitely looks like it's bent upward on the left hand side.

#5170 6 years ago

Not caught on the screw and it does spin freely...I'm at a loss.

#5171 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Then the arms on the spinner are not straight/need adjusted. Best way to tell is taking it out of the game.

#5172 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The axis arms are bent. It's very obvious in the pic. They need to be exactly 90 degrees to the edge of the spinner. This happens when the spinner is moving and a fast moving ball strikes squarely on the top or bottom of the spinner.

#5173 6 years ago

Thought I’d share this story in case it inspires others to try yet another strat to this game Now this strategy isn’t new or anything, I think others have discussed doing the same but found it fun and yet funny.

So with chuckwurt tutorial and learning that winter has come multiball super jackpot (and jackpots?) is based on WIC base value, not its multiplied value; I saw an opening and reason to play stark. My goal was to see how much I could blow up WHC playing as stark. I decided to get WHC + Wall mb stacked together which is fun in itself and something I can do quite regularly now if I see an opening for it.

My typical strategy for the most part at the start of a game with just about any House is to light LOL (only one per game) while ball saver is active then with LOL I’ll qualify at least 4 houses to play. Typically Tyrell (hardest to qualify), Baratheon, Greyjoy, Lannister (with ball 3 lock). I do this to take advantage of having LOL lit and get the board setup. Now if I drain and use that LOL early on, I change up the game plan which typically means not lighting Baratheon or even Tyrell and let those come naturally over time as they are the hardest to light due to side to side ball drains.

That all said, for this strategy of playing stark and trying to blow up WHC in the game I had yesterday, I just so happened to nail my typical strategy to a tee having Tyrell, Baratheon, Greyjoy, and stark all lit and had Blackwater mb ready which would also light Lannister. But here’s the kicker, I still had my LOL lit. So instead of starting multiball i pushed the risk/reward factor and hammered away at my Baratheon targets to get my spinner to level 4. I achieved that and I think I saw my spinner base value at 797,000 or somewhere around there. In doing so, I completed 2 WIC hurryups and got Wall multiball ready. I then started black water Multiball with Lannister + Tyrell. At the end of that multiball, I actually did not complete either of those 2 modes. I then completed my 3rd WIC, saving the Lannister ramp for my 4th and eventually starting the WHC + Wall mb stack with it all while still having a level 4 spinner value.

At the end of all this (bw mb then WHC+Wall mb, with the level 4 spinner and playing as stark) I ended with an 350mil~ Wall mb total, 890mil~ WHC mb and my score was roughly 4.3 bil. This all happened on ball 1 and The funny part is ball 2 and 3 drained pretty immediate and I ended the game with 4.5 bil and not completing one mode.

Sorry for the wall of text. Just wanted to share. I found it cool to have another strategy of blowing up the game and didn’t even have to complete a mode.

#5174 6 years ago

^^^^^ Very cool, thanks for another approach to the game. Just imagine if you had a good ball 2 and 3 (and then maybe 4)...

#5175 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing, @eskaybee! What's so great about this game is the almost limitless ways you can attack it. I don't think there is any other game that even comes close.

1 week later
#5176 6 years ago

Gonna join this club pretty soon and I've got some questions for you guys:

Thinking about getting either the Stern pro art side decals or mirror blades but can't decide which I like more on this machine. From what I've seen both look pretty damn nice. What's your pick?

Does the Pro implement the shaker well and benefit from it? I've played other titles that did and others that did not, but not yet a GoT..

To make getting this baby up to my apartment easier I'll take out the playfield & glass (narrow stairway, every kg less helps). From the manual it looks like it's just two connectors towards the backbox (power and node bus) and 2 to the flipper buttons. Is that correct? It would seem more logical to me if the flipper buttons were connected to the cabinet node.. If they are in fact hooked up to the pf, can I disconnect them hassle-free?
Anything else to take care of?

#5177 6 years ago

Art blades vs mirror blades are personal preference. I have the stern art blades on my pre.

A shaker motor and a colour dmd are the two “must have” mods for this game. Both improve gameplay and are implemented perfectly.

I’m unsure of the connections, but it’s fairly simple with the Ethernet wires. I can check it tonight

#5178 6 years ago

I have mirror blades on my LE, and I think they look great on this game!

#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Gonna join this club pretty soon and I've got some questions for you guys:
Thinking about getting either the Stern pro art side decals or mirror blades but can't decide which I like more on this machine. From what I've seen both look pretty damn nice. What's your pick?
Does the Pro implement the shaker well and benefit from it? I've played other titles that did and others that did not, but not yet a GoT..
To make getting this baby up to my apartment easier I'll take out the playfield & glass (narrow stairway, every kg less helps). From the manual it looks like it's just two connectors towards the backbox (power and node bus) and 2 to the flipper buttons. Is that correct? It would seem more logical to me if the flipper buttons were connected to the cabinet node.. If they are in fact hooked up to the pf, can I disconnect them hassle-free?
Anything else to take care of?

Im a fan of mirror blades personally. I don’t have them on my GOT yet but I will and hope to someday get gold mirror blades instead of regular. But they’re pricey.

GOT PRO spike is extremely light. You may be able to do the stair climb with the pf in. But taking out the glass is prob a good move too. Not sure who your help is and how bad the climb is but I imagine you’ll want to do it with the legs off too as long as you don’t feel like you’ll need a break to rest the pin down til you get inside.

#5180 6 years ago

I’m a fan of the Stern blades, they incorporate some nice hand drawn art onto the rather bland pro package.

#5181 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT PRO spike is extremely light. You may be able to do the stair climb with the pf in. But taking out the glass is prob a good move too. Not sure who your help is and how bad the climb is but I imagine you’ll want to do it with the legs off too as long as you don’t feel like you’ll need a break to rest the pin down til you get inside.

It's only one story but we have a staircase with wound corners and a railing that the machine has to be lifted over. Legs off is certainly a must. I'll check with my helpers once I've fetched the machine. If the pf is indeed removed with only 2 or 3 plugs these 5 extra minutes are probably worth it.

Regarding extras I'll probably go for the shaker at least. ColorDMD looks absolutely awesome in the trailer vid, but is utterly overpriced imho (LED panels and their tiny Spartan6 board are well below 100€ in total) - dunno if/when that will come..

It's good to know that those of you who got art blades are happy with them too. I really like them on the pics I've seen but didn't know if the quality matches the price. Maybe my dealer has some on one of his machines to compare them.

#5182 6 years ago

personal opinion. Whenever I have a machine at home, the first thing I put on it are the mirror blades, it gives breadth to the playfield ... greetings and congratulations on the purchase

IMG_20171023_151133 (resized).jpgIMG_20171023_151133 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170828_125217 (resized).jpgIMG_20170828_125217 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5183 6 years ago

AC/DC just got a code update.......never say never.......I’m still hopeful

#5184 6 years ago

I also have hope, that's why I did not sell it

#5185 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I also have hope, that's why I did not sell it

Dwight is waiting for me to sell mine, then he will update the code. Should I take one for the team?

#5186 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dwight is waiting for me to sell mine, then he will update the code. Should I take one for the team?

It'll be sad to see you go

#5187 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It'll be sad to see you go

Well im taking one for the team, my game is GONE! Here's the picture to prove it! Dwight can now push the update through as planned

gameroom_got (resized).pnggameroom_got (resized).png

#5188 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well im taking one for the team, my game is GONE!

They can't last forever! Mine's next on the block also.

#5189 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well im taking one for the team, my game is GONE! Here's the picture to prove it! Dwight can now push the update through as planned

Quoted from TheLaw:

They can't last forever! Mine's next on the block also.

Dudes.. Thanks. Going to miss you bros.
YO! Dwight...Check out this serious "Hero Sh*t," right here. You both are awesome.

Quotefancy-5535980-3840x2160 (resized).jpgQuotefancy-5535980-3840x2160 (resized).jpg

#5190 6 years ago

Jajajajajaja

#5191 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's about time this roadblock was removed.....

Rob

#5192 6 years ago

So I joined the club on wednesday. This is my first Stern game and contrary to the all-too-common Stern-bashing (at least in the 'big' German forum), I must say I am very pleased with the haptic and build quality so far. Playfield has a perfect mirror finish all over, so smooth that the little plastic spacers keep sliding to nirvana when layed loosely on there. No ghosting or raised inserts on mine. Cabinet is painted all the way to the bottom, decals sit well all around.
They obviously did not choose the cheapest way to do things, almost every screwed on piece uses a locknut, a toothed washer and a plain washer; plastics are screwed onto each other, not zip-tied. Knowing a bunch of WPC games inside-out, this is a definite step up in build quality, not down as I expected.

I noticed 2 serial stickers on the playfield. One says 35 of 80, the other hand-written 433.. Having seen pics from you showing a batch size of 1285 I wonder if mine was part of a re-run or a small second batch (maybe for spares).. The game was built early Jan 2016 (says 12th on the cab sticker, 13th on the SD card). Has there ever been reliable information on the production or batch numbers?

IMG_20180214_174016 (resized).jpgIMG_20180214_174016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180214_173948 (resized).jpgIMG_20180214_173948 (resized).jpg

#5193 6 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Has there ever been reliable information on the production or batch numbers?

I don’t think that we know how many were in each run, but I’d think that if enough of us post a picture of the playfield sticker, and build date, then we should be able to come up with a pretty good guess...but that would take a lot of people to contribute their info before we could make an educated guess.

I’m very curious with the number of premium games that were built. I believe that they are more rare then the LE games, and I’ve never seen anything to dispute that idea.

#5194 6 years ago

Here's mine

IMG_3520 (resized).JPGIMG_3520 (resized).JPG

#5195 6 years ago

Here is my sticker on my premium. This is exactly how I found it with the LE scribbled out.

got premium playfield (resized).jpggot premium playfield (resized).jpg

#5196 6 years ago

Here’s what I found going back through the pictures. The Le’s have their sticker on the right side by the ball drain. The Pro stickers are in the center by the node board, and the Pre are on the left side.

Playfield sticker numbers

(1st run)
G4*Politico(GoT) PRO #1185 of 1295
G4*Politico(GoT) PRO #1282 of 1295

(2nd run?)
G4 Politico(GoT)-PRO #35 of —80

(Only run)
G5-00*Politico(GoT) LE #652 of 630 The LE was scribbled out and this is a Premium playfield

(1st run)
G6-00*Politico(GoT) Prm #196 of 260

A6CEA80D-9476-4EB7-8D58-755DCBFEB482 (resized).jpegA6CEA80D-9476-4EB7-8D58-755DCBFEB482 (resized).jpeg

#5197 6 years ago

Has anybody used Mezel’s Stern target splints? My gold targets are getting a little crooked and was wondering how these splints work.

#5198 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anybody used Mezel’s Stern target splints? My gold targets are getting a little crooked and was wondering how these splints work.

I've had pretty good results with them on Tron and Metallica.

#5199 6 years ago

If we were to see an update, what would it take to balance the houses a bit more?

Martell: restrict to only one add-a-ball per game? Or, using the add-a-ball doesn't restart ball saver?

Baratheon: start with two free wall advances (or perhaps, each set of drops counts as a wall advance), and make Wall more valuable?

Lannister: start with way more gold (2000?) and add lots of new stuff to Mystery (like being able to qualify houses, or buying your way to playfield multipliers)?

Stark: higher WIC hurryups and change WHC to only require 3 to start?

#5200 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

If we were to see an update, what would it take to balance the houses a bit more?
Martell: restrict to only one add-a-ball per game? Or, using the add-a-ball doesn't restart ball saver?
Baratheon: start with two free wall advances (or perhaps, each set of drops counts as a wall advance), and make Wall more valuable?
Lannister: start with way more gold (2000?) and add lots of new stuff to Mystery (like being able to qualify houses, or buying your way to playfield multipliers)?
Stark: higher WIC hurryups and change WHC to only require 3 to start?

Martell is far too easy to complete with GreyJoy. I thought there's supposed to be extra purple shots to make to steal a house power? Martell is just the same shots are if you are playing as Martell.

Lannister could award more gold, but I think it needs something else as well.

GoT is an enigma for me. I bought mine when the pro was first available a few years ago and it's been more of a casual game for me than anything. I never really got hardcore into the rules as some have and I've never been to Iron Throne. The flippers on mine are so strong that I had to set the playfield slope to almost 7 degrees to counter that.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.