371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.
#5101 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Competition mode does not turn off extra balls. In most games, it will align random awards so they are the same for each player.
The only way to turn off EBs is to go to the SPI menu option “extra balls” (the 5th option from memory) Turn them down to 0.
So, 2 steps for competition:
1/ turn off extra balls
2/ turn on Competition option (or Tournament, depending on game)
rd

There is an easier way I actually learned from Josh Sharpe. Go to INSTALLS menu. Install NOVELTY, then install COMPETITION. Done!

#5102 6 years ago

Chuck, thanks for doing your GOT walk throughs, excellent stuff! Finishing part one, and my first question is how do you get your spinner to spin so much? I thought there was a tread that people used some sort of oil or something. Is there another adjustment on the spinner assembly itself that loosens or makes it spin more? Otherwise, what's the best lubricant your using to rip that spinner?

#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Chuck, thanks for doing your GOT walk throughs, excellent stuff! Finishing part one, and my first question is how do you get your spinner to spin so much? I thought there was a tread that people used some sort of oil or something. Is there another adjustment on the spinner assembly itself that loosens or makes it spin more? Otherwise, what's the best lubricant your using to rip that spinner?

Do you really think Chuck is going to give that secret out to anyone? Heck with it, I’ll tell you what he uses....hopefully he won’t see this. You can buy it on Amazon for like $4.97. It’s good for the battering ram also.

625AF709-4A49-42B0-A92A-201358827896 (resized).jpeg625AF709-4A49-42B0-A92A-201358827896 (resized).jpeg

#5104 6 years ago

^^^^^^. Use that and only that. Put a tiny bit on a q tip and put on all the pivot points of the spinner. One application will last the life of the game.

Battering ram rub it on the sled underneath the playfield, the ram legs, and the white plastic track the ram runs in.

Not a secret at all. There’s a thread somewhere discussing what to use and vid suggested the zoom oiler.

#5106 6 years ago

Love this stuff. With the tiny straw it's fairly easy to reach any spot and put just a small amount. Even with a very small amount, I like to blot up any excess with a dry wipe.

superior-lubricant-drip (resized).jpgsuperior-lubricant-drip (resized).jpg

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Love this stuff. With the tiny straw it's fairly easy to reach any spot and put just a small amount. Even with a very small amount, I like to blot up any excess with a dry wipe.

Tri flow is excellent also.

#5108 6 years ago

Is Pro really that much better than Prem/LE?

I mean it's dead ugly compared to the blue premium with color changing lighting?

#5110 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I mean it's dead ugly compared to the blue premium with color changing lighting?

I think most people that prefer the gameplay of the pro to the prem/LE (myself included) cannot find a good dialed in example to play. I have yet to play one that doesn’t have a brick wall for a ram, working orbits, or a stark ramp that doesn’t reject strong shots.

I much prefer the art and light show of the premium, but gameplay means most to me.

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

No - Prem/LE is better in many peoples opinions. But there is ONE BIG PROBLEM with the Prem/LE -> the left loop usually sucks, and that literally sucks the fun right out of the game. A Prem/LE that has the left loop properly fixed is better than the Pro IMO.

#5112 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Uglier yes, but a much better playing game as well.

#5113 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Lots of people are more interested in how a game plays than how it looks.
And I don't really know if an overall blue tint vs a yellow changes it that much.

#5114 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lots of people are more interested in how a game plays than how it looks.

Hey! This is Pinside. How it looks and how much shit you’ve stuck to the playfield is #1 priority.

Plus owning a bulldog and a 70” tv.

rd

#5115 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

No - Prem/LE is better in many peoples opinions

Who are these people? I have yet to meet one.

rd

#5116 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not true. Heck, you've even been to my house ...

#5117 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Ha, you met me at Papa. I like the premium more than the pro. The color changing inserts help with gameplay. The upper playfield adds strategy to the modes as well as another MB. I also find it more challenging to shoot the Dragon shot to advance to Wall MB instead of completing 2 lanes up top. Another great thing is trapping balls on the upper playfield while flipping below during MB. Can't do that on a pro!

#5118 6 years ago

Pro has color changing inserts. I agree the Prem has the best cab graphics, but I don't play the cab

#5119 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I also find it more challenging to shoot the Dragon shot to advance to Wall MB instead of completing 2 lanes up top.

Also nice that you can actually play wall multiple times on a premium. Haha

#5120 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pro has color changing inserts. I agree the Prem has the best cab graphics, but I don't play the cab

Pro only has color changing inserts on the major shots. Premium has ALL color changing inserts. As an example, if I choose Martell at the start of the game. I complete 3 houses. Those houses on the shield will all be lit solid Orange.

#5121 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Competition mode does not turn off extra balls. In most games, it will align random awards so they are the same for each player.
The only way to turn off EBs is to go to the SPI menu option “extra balls” (the 5th option from memory) Turn them down to 0.
So, 2 steps for competition:
1/ turn off extra balls
2/ turn on Competition option (or Tournament, depending on game)
rd

Thanks for the heads up. Either way at least it will be consistent when playing against someone. I have had it in competition mode and have not seen an extra ball awarded randomly yet, so at least it doesn’t happen often. I have received the extra ball for completing the 3 house’s though. Competition mode seems to be what we were looking for.

Although I did stay up till midnight last night just to play midnight madness. It didn’t activate at midnight. I assume because I’m in competition mode. Checked the time on the machine and the settings to make sure it was turned on and it was. That was a bit of a bummer.

#5122 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

No - Prem/LE is better in many peoples opinions. But there is ONE BIG PROBLEM with the Prem/LE -> the left loop usually sucks, and that literally sucks the fun right out of the game. A Prem/LE that has the left loop properly fixed is better than the Pro IMO.

I am actively looking for a GOT premium. Wasn’t there a fix for the left loop issue? And I’m not talking about Stern adjusting the code and calling it fixed. I’m talking about an actual fix so it plays how it was intended. And if so is it difficult to do?

#5123 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Wasn’t there a fix for the left loop issue?

Yes! On my Premium, enlarging the mounting holes on the diverter arm bracket permited an ever-so-slight shift forward in position - made a nice difference for me. I regularly get left orbits to go all the way around fairly smoothly. I hit 2-3 successive left orbits pretty regularly.

Others have reported similar success using this simple modification. Just be sure to disable Stern's fix first via settings.

#5124 6 years ago

Cool, when I find my premium I may reach out and get some exact directions on how you accomplished this.

Do you have issues with the ram being a brick wall or the stark ramp rejecting strong shots like chuckwurt mentioned above? Or any other quirks with the premium version?

#5125 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Cool, when I find my premium I may reach out and get some exact directions on how you accomplished this.
Do you have issues with the ram being a brick wall or the stark ramp rejecting strong shots like chuckwurt mentioned above? Or any other quirks with the premium version?

Lubrication, plus I have added a stop below the playfield to shorten the throw of the ram (shorter distance needed to reach the switch) to help ensure that a solid hit to the ram will actually register. Its not quite 100%, but is improved and much less frustrating.

No issue with Stark ramp whatsoever, except for my general lack of accuracy to hit it.

#5126 6 years ago

I’ve never had an issue with my ramps rejecting shots, but my battering ram does need a solid hit to respond. (I like it that way, it feels more satisfying when you make it)

Get a shaker motor, this game benefits from it.

Here’s the best fix for the left orbit issue. For everyone that hasn’t fixed this issue yet.
1 ) enlarge mounting holes in the baseplate of the VUK diverter by about 1/16” (~1.5mm)
E709DADF-1465-484C-A8FF-952FA54FF9B1 (resized).jpegE709DADF-1465-484C-A8FF-952FA54FF9B1 (resized).jpeg

2 ) reinstall the diverter pushing it toward the front of the game. Try to get it to look like this
07A4D6DA-98F8-4B7A-9A8D-4194D6032547 (resized).jpeg07A4D6DA-98F8-4B7A-9A8D-4194D6032547 (resized).jpeg

3 ) check from the top of the playfield that there is a smooth transition here so that the ball doesn’t catch an edge and bounce toward the top lanes.
233CCA0C-E32F-4341-8A52-4EC7E30B12FB (resized).jpeg233CCA0C-E32F-4341-8A52-4EC7E30B12FB (resized).jpeg

4 ) if the problem continues remove the rubber from the top posts on the lanes. But you shouldn’t have to do this if the diverter is moved far enough.

#5127 6 years ago

Well I must be lucky as I’ve had no issues with the left loop. Flies around no problem. I did have a stiff battering ram but some lube sorted it when I fitted the battering ram mod. Lube the spinner and it’s a cracker. Only thing I can’t seem to do on a regular basis is hit up the top playfield from the left flipper. I can backhand 5he spinner no worries but can’t get the same happening with the right. I keep watching chuckwurt vids and he makes it look easy but mine just doesn’t quite get there. Might have to check flipper strength?

#5128 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I must be lucky as I’ve had no issues with the left loop. Flies around no problem. I did have a stiff battering ram but some lube sorted it when I fitted the battering ram mod. Lube the spinner and it’s a cracker. Only thing I can’t seem to do on a regular basis is hit up the top playfield from the left flipper. I can backhand 5he spinner no worries but can’t get the same happening with the right. I keep watching chuckwurt vids and he makes it look easy but mine just doesn’t quite get there. Might have to check flipper strength?

Yes, chuckwurt makes lots of shots look easy! I can't backhand that shot from a trapped position either, only if the ball is in flight...and that's just a crapshoot.

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I can't backhand that shot from a trapped position either, only if the ball is in flight...and that's just a crapshoot.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I stink at the premium. I cannot reliably backhand or forehand the right ramp.

#5130 6 years ago

Chuck when are parts 4 and 5 of the walk through being done?

#5131 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Chuck when are parts 4 and 5 of the walk through being done?

Tomorrow at 8 pm eastern we talk houses, their advantages and strategies to score big with them.

Next Wednesday at 8 pm eastern we briefly talk about the HOTK rules, then we’re gonna use all our knowledge learned from all parts of the Walkthrough and try to blow the game up.

These next two will be the best for people to watch live so we can all talk strategy and trade ideas on how they typically try to tackle the game. What I like to do won’t be the same as others so please try and come hangout and discuss your favorite paths to big scores.

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#5132 6 years ago

Hey Eric, have you talked about spinner strategy yet?

#5133 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Eric, have you talked about spinner strategy yet?

Part 1 broseph. Check my channel on YT.

#5134 6 years ago

i'm gonna watch that video for sure, thanks for making these.

#5135 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I can do it on mine but it has to be a good clean shot. Any rattle and it wont make it. It's super early on my game, as in, if I'm just a tad early it turns into a post pass.

#5136 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is one of the biggest reasons why I stink at the premium. I cannot reliably backhand or forehand the right ramp.

I watched Bowen's papa tutorial on GoT LE and was really surprised how many rejects he was getting on that right ramp. The ball would just go up half way and then come back down. While he said Castle Multiball didn't score well, he still did get 120 million from it. I've never played the LE/Premium, but I did want the Premium after I got a pro. However I never did make that upgrade and stuck with my pro. Money was really the question there...

I watched Stern's making of GoT video and noticed that the whitewood originally had 2 spinners! Too bad that wasn't in the final game.

Rob

j (resized).jpgj (resized).jpg

#5137 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I watched Bowen's papa tutorial on GoT LE and was really surprised how many rejects he was getting on that right ramp. The ball would just go up half way and then come back down. While he said Castle Multiball didn't score well, he still did get 120 million from it. I've never played the LE/Premium, but I did want the Premium after I got a pro. However I never did make that upgrade and stuck with my pro. Money was really the question there...
I watched Stern's making of GoT video and noticed that the whitewood originally had 2 spinners! Too bad that wasn't in the final game.
Rob

Yeah that right ramp can be frustrating in the premium/LE for sure.

That’s neat about the extra spinner. That would’ve been cool for sure and pretty much eliminate all playfield validation strategies. Haha

#5138 6 years ago

Not sure I understand the WHC SJP rules anymore. I thought the value of that was the total of all the hurry ups collected. See video below. I collect over 500 million in hurry ups and my 2x SJP in multiball was only 70 million. Why didn’t I get over a billion?

#5139 6 years ago

Got this when I went to that link:

"Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable.

In the meantime, take a look at these other videos instead."

You and I have the same understanding so it only being 70 million sounds way off.

#5140 6 years ago

Fixed the link. It appears the SJP is on the combined value of your UNmultiplied wic hurry up collects. Asked Dwight to be sure, but that’s what it seems like.

#5141 6 years ago

That does look to be the case. That's a bummer as it takes away some of the bonus of maximizing your WIC hurry-ups.

#5142 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fixed the link. It appears the SJP is on the combined value of your UNmultiplied wic hurry up collects. Asked Dwight to be sure, but that’s what it seems like.

Quoted from 85vett:

That does look to be the case. That's a bummer as it takes away some of the bonus of maximizing your WIC hurry-ups.

Yeah I don't like that at all...must be to balance out the scoring?

#5143 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That sucks. I always thought it was the WIC values 'multiplied' too. I've gotten 1 bil+ WHC multi balls before and always thought it was cause I had good WICs. Its hard to follow and see the WHC SJP cause there's no sound queue to let the player know to look up at the display. Your tutorial does help so I can keep track next time I play - its 5 shots after the horde wave for the SJP right?

And I guess it makes sense that its the unmultiplied WIC values as it also puts a twist in my mind that makes House Stark a little better. I always felt tha stark was gimped cause Tyrell's inlane combo'd WIC is about the same value as Stark's base. But, if the SJP is the unmultiplied amount, then Stark can really get a good base WHC SJP.

Hmmm....play house Greyjoy > complete Stark > complete Martell > play WHC Multiball?

Just talking about this (after 2 years of ownership) reminds me how bad ass this game is

EDIT: BTW, I LOVE your reaction to the 462mil WIC! Ive hit that before and it's an awesome feeling to get a big WIC value like that!

#5144 6 years ago

I really think it's a great game ... I do not understand the hatred towards him ... this game evolves as you advance in the game and it seems to me one of the most original in terms of rules and game assistant ..

#5145 6 years ago

I think it's a FANTASTIC game. I had an LE for a year and traded it for an MMR. I really missed it, and have never felt the desire to reacquire any of the other great games I have let go in the past. A year later I recently found a really sweet GOT pro with color DMD / shaker, and I'm over the moon to take delivery of it this month! Have an alt. translite and beatmaster sword sticker on the way, I'm so ready to get back into this!!!

#5146 6 years ago

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

#5147 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT with a buddy for a MET. I’ll be MIA for a while. Keep kicking ass!!!

Boooooo. Enjoy the MET while you can. Let me know how long it takes before you get bored stiff from hitting the same 3 shots over and over and over again (gravemarkers, sparky, and captive ball).

#5148 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Boooooo. Enjoy the MET while you can. Let me know how long it takes before you get bored stiff from hitting the same 3 shots over and over and over again (gravemarkers, sparky, and captive ball).

I think I’m already bored of them. Haha. Nah I’m gonna give this a fair shake now that i can have it at home. Maybe do a Walkthrough of this one too if time permits.

#5149 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alright folks. Doing a temporary trade of my GOT ...

Don't let the coindoor hit you on the way out!

#5150 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I prefer premium/le.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.