371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 144.
#5051 6 years ago

The little Dire Wolf is waiting for his GOT LCD ColorDMD upgrade to ship.

http://mailchi.mp/fd51962bc450/news-from-colordmd

C5717269-6819-4A03-9643-7E1853CD8AA3 (resized).jpegC5717269-6819-4A03-9643-7E1853CD8AA3 (resized).jpeg

#5052 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The little Dire Wolf is waiting for his GOT LCD color DMD upgrade to ship.
http://mailchi.mp/fd51962bc450/news-from-colordmd

Very cool!

#5053 6 years ago

First game with color dmd installed. Can’t wait for the color rom! Winter must come!

5D5F6A2F-5498-4E4A-9420-0F2A81008C07 (resized).jpeg5D5F6A2F-5498-4E4A-9420-0F2A81008C07 (resized).jpeg

338FC428-24A9-4958-B417-CDB0EBC016F6 (resized).jpeg338FC428-24A9-4958-B417-CDB0EBC016F6 (resized).jpeg

#5054 6 years ago

Well I never expected this to be coloured either. Had the LCD in just in case and thought it might have been like my STLE wait. Wow. This is great news.
Mine is LCD and I prefer the hi-res look. And yes the high score was posted after reading chuckwurt advice on playing this games. I still love it and no quality control issues at all. Touch wood.

C403F4D5-4300-44CA-A7F8-AEF97F77F5D8 (resized).jpegC403F4D5-4300-44CA-A7F8-AEF97F77F5D8 (resized).jpeg

#5055 6 years ago

Ordered GoT Monday and Cointaker delivered it Tuesday. I just want to post some pictures of the playfield and date it was manufactured. This game looks great and I only had to adjust the sword out of the box, everything else seems to be working perfectly. The playfield looks great and I will know what machine is mine if I ever sell, because a small hair is under the clear coat behind the spinner. I know this is the honeymoon phase, but this game is great.

IMG_3513 (resized).JPGIMG_3513 (resized).JPG

IMG_3516 (resized).JPGIMG_3516 (resized).JPG

IMG_3521 (resized).JPGIMG_3521 (resized).JPG

IMG_3523 (resized).JPGIMG_3523 (resized).JPG

IMG_3517 (resized).JPGIMG_3517 (resized).JPG

#5056 6 years ago

Part II of my kick ass walkthrough is tonight at 8 eastern on twitch! Would love to have other GOT members come hang out.

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#5057 6 years ago

Welcome to the club Monk! Excellent choice.
chuckwurt I'll try to catch the stream tonight. If only it was tomorrow you could've done it in color

#5058 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Welcome to the club Monk! Excellent choice.
chuckwurt I'll try to catch the stream tonight. If only it was tomorrow you could've done it in color

Awesome! You’re sending me a color dmd for free?!? Thanks dude. Haha

#5059 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Part II of my kick ass walkthrough is tonight at 8 eastern on twitch! Would love to have other GOT members come hang out.
http://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

I’m on west coast so that’s during my commute drive home. If someone posts a direct link here I’ll listen in on my drive but won’t be able to chat and such.

#5060 6 years ago

Having to do the family thing in Ridgewood NJ without GOTpro. Best to everyone on the 21st. Right now, this bottle is all I have to celebrate regarding the new 69th ColorDMD.82E5713B-9B7B-427A-A702-D133C9A16789 (resized).jpeg82E5713B-9B7B-427A-A702-D133C9A16789 (resized).jpeg

#5061 6 years ago

Trying to diagnose a potential problem. Can someone take a picture of the sword mech with the sword pushed all the way down? Any other position could be helpful too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-sword-adjustment#post-4134252

#5063 6 years ago

That looks fantastic!
Can’t wait to install mine later today. Thanks for the video!

#5064 6 years ago

man this thing looks good, it feels like i'm discovering new images and scenes i never saw before.

#5065 6 years ago

I was asked for a video in scan mode.

#5066 6 years ago

Looking good!

#5067 6 years ago

This colordmd looks amazing. Its turned blurry images into beautiful content. STERN is lucky colorDMD exists - it's upgrades like this that have helped sell games. Just imagine the remaining STERN games with the new advancements in the colordmd technology...

#5068 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man this thing looks good, it feels like i'm discovering new images and scenes i never saw before.

Yeah it's sort of having that Wh20 feel which I still think was a big eye opener.

#5069 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Just amazing. This is my 6th color DMD but this one is special. I was really wanting to see the beginning scene of Wall MB. I started it and it was impressive, BUT during the MB I'm seeing scenes I have NEVER been able to make out. I'm seeing clearly Egret firing her arrows and Tormond wreaking havoc. Also the Ice Scythe coming across the wall is so much more detailed. You want to play Stark mode just to see the detail in all the faces as Arya calls them out. I'm blown away by this one. Thanks ColorDMD!

#5070 6 years ago

Wow that color DMD looks incredible! I’m going to have to get one for sure.

#5071 6 years ago

Is their a way to turn off the random award of "extra ball lit" from the pop bumpers? I like it when you have to achieve an "extra ball lit" like completing 3 houses. It can be frustrating when you are playing against some one and they get a random award of an extra ball lit. So I want to eliminate that award from the pops, but not from achieving it through game play completion. Does this make sense?

#5072 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is their a way to turn off the random award of "extra ball lit" from the pop bumpers? I like it when you have to achieve an "extra ball lit" like completing 3 houses. It can be frustrating when you are playing against some one and they get a random award of an extra ball lit. So I want to eliminate that award from the pops, but not from achieving it through game play completion. Does this make sense?

Look into tournament mode. Doesn’t that remove some of the randomness

#5073 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Makes sense. I suggest turning extra balls off completely when playing against someone. But if you want to, if a player your playing against gets a EB from the pops, just make them plunge it and not play it. No way to turn that setting off for the pop award only.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Look into tournament mode. Doesn’t that remove some of the randomness

This is a good point too. I believe if you turn competition mode on, the game make allow one EB and it will only be the one from completing houses.

#5074 6 years ago

Doesn’t competition mode (hold right flipper for 10 secs or something like that) turn off random awards like EBs in multiplayer games?

#5075 6 years ago

Competition mode normally turns them off or makes them worth points instead.

#5076 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Competition mode normally turns them off or makes them worth points instead.

Does it turn them off completely or just for random awards? It would be nice to keep them in for when you complete 3 houses.

#5077 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I was asked for a video in scan mode.
» YouTube video

Thanks for the vids! Makes it harder than I thought, older bw I like the look of dots, but on newer sterns think Im prefering the higher rez mode..

#5078 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Does it turn them off completely or just for random awards? It would be nice to keep them in for when you complete 3 houses.

Test it. It might allow the House one only. Or it allows one EB only no matter how you get it. I seem to remember competition mode working that way when I inquired about it like 2 years ago.

#5079 6 years ago

Ok so I put the game on competition mode and you still get the extra ball after 3 house completions. I then put the ball in the pops to see if I could get an extra ball that way. Although it did appear in the screen it never actually triggered one. I don’t know how to test the pop awards other than just feeding the bumpers until they award something.

#5080 6 years ago

Hey I’d just like to share my new mod for GOT (well any spike game) this is an under cabinet led kit that will change colour with the button on the lockdown bar. So when multiple players use different houses in a game, the machine will glow a different colour to represent you. A big thanks to Allibaster for helping me by double check my work before I plugged anything in. I was pretty hesitant doing this on my own with my limited knowledge in electrical design. Nothing is permanent, its easy to remove. it’s essentially a “Y” jack that comes out of the cabinet node board and connects from the lockdown bar’s button to an led amp that runs a rgb 12v strip. The 12v power comes from the bill acceptor header and has a fuse inline just in case.

If anyone is interested in doing this mod let me know. I’ll show you hows it’s done. I might also make a couple kits up if there’s enough interest.

#5081 6 years ago

Anyone have any insight as to the resolution for this sporatic weak autolaunch? It's completely random, but when it occurs it really messes with ya (especially during multiballs).

Things I've tried.
-Felt in the top of the rest stop for the armature. To eliminate the slack. (Photo below)
-Taken everything apart and cleaned very well, even polished the friction points where applicable.
-Cleaned the shooter lane really well.
-Checked alignment on everything.
-Reseated all connectors on the nodeboard.

You'll see that it just doesn't have enough umph to get the ball up there for many attempts, but then the next autolaunch it has all the power in the world. Possible nodeboard issue? Maybe a new coil is needed?

IMG_20171222_161514 (resized).jpgIMG_20171222_161514 (resized).jpg

#5082 6 years ago

Just started happening? Any changes made to the game before this started? I would really try and find slop in he mech anywhere.

#5083 6 years ago

Yep just started this week. Only change was the colordmd install last week. No other mods done to the machine. Reverted the colordmd install to see if that helped and no change. Ill order some new bushings and see if that helps.

#5084 6 years ago

This looks more electrical in nature, rather than mechanical. Check the voltage to the coil when this starts happening. I could check mine so you would know what it's supposed to be.

#5085 6 years ago

Good call on checking the voltage! Will see if i can get some readings over the next couple days. I think it may be difficuly to get good readings though when my DMM doesn't have a peak memory setting.. will do my best

#5086 6 years ago

So I’ve got an early version colordmd and am having trouble with the upload. Keep ending up with little dots everywhere.
Might have to try a different thumb drive maybe? I noticed in Randy’s instructions he mentions revision 1.3B
Mine says 1.3. Does this mean I am up for another (gulp) $600AUD newer version colordmd? Please noooooo!!!

#5087 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

So I’ve got an early version colordmd and am having trouble with the upload. Keep ending up with little dots everywhere.
Might have to try a different thumb drive maybe? I noticed in Randy’s instructions he mentions revision 1.3B
Mine says 1.3. Does this mean I am up for another (gulp) $600AUD newer version colordmd? Please noooooo!!!

try this. You’ll need a new ram chip I think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-40-along-came-a-spider#post-3188795

#5088 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Old ColorDMDs will not work. You need a new one with better processing capability.

#5089 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Im afraid we are in the same boat. I dismounted mine from Tron and found out it was a revision 1.3 instead of 1.3B I do not want to de-solder the chip and replace it, so I ordered brand new one.. yes the price here has also increased but for this machine I think its worth it. You could as well sell your older DMD to make it a little easier to gulp

#5090 6 years ago

@chuckwurt

Thanks so much for the GOT tutorials. I own my GOT prem for over two years now but still I learned a lot of things, especially on PF validation. I must admit that once you can get yourself into the habit of the ''short plunge'' AND make good use of it, it is a whole new ballgame.
But its not easy to change the regular plunge habit, I tell you.
I tried many ''short plunges'' where I aim for the LOL but that seems not a good strategy on my machine as it often drains on the left outlane. Oh well, plenty room for improvements.

Looking forward to part III & IV !

#5091 6 years ago

How good is Randy’s service. He emailed me back to let me know about the chip upgrade.
He must have checked my previous orders and says I can use the one I ordered back in August.

Could have just said yep you need another.
Thanks again Dmod great product, great after sale service, even down under!

Now to rip out the one in STLE and swap it into GoTLE full colour here we come.

#5092 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

chuckwurt
Thanks so much for the GOT tutorials. I own my GOT prem for over two years now but still I learned a lot of things, especially on PF validation. I must admit that once you can get yourself into the habit of the ''short plunge'' AND make good use of it, it is a whole new ballgame.
But its not easy to change the regular plunge habit, I tell you.
I tried many ''short plunges'' where I aim for the LOL but that seems not a good strategy on my machine as it often drains on the left outlane. Oh well, plenty room for improvements.
Looking forward to part III & IV !

My scores went from 2 billion to 8 billion after advice from Chuck. Great stuff.

#5093 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

My scores went from 2 billion to 8 billion after advice from Chuck. Great stuff.

This makes it worth it. So glad it helped.

#5094 6 years ago

Hey Eric, I just hit a single shot in Targaryen 3 worth 284M. It was 20x. What a rush!

#5095 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Hey Eric, I just hit a single shot in Targaryen 3 worth 284M. It was 20x. What a rush!

Hell yeah! Best thing about that mode is that every single shot made can be at massive multiplied values. Other big shots involve the battering ram which can only be multiplied by 5.

#5096 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

WOW that’s huge.

#5097 6 years ago

Hope all of you guys are watching Chuckwurts GOT 5 part tutorial because it is awesome and a must see for GOT owners!

#5098 6 years ago

Are there links to the prior episodes?

#5099 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Are there links to the prior episodes?

#5100 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Ok so I put the game on competition mode and you still get the extra ball after 3 house completions

Competition mode does not turn off extra balls. In most games, it will align random awards so they are the same for each player.

The only way to turn off EBs is to go to the SPI menu option “extra balls” (the 5th option from memory) Turn them down to 0.

So, 2 steps for competition:
1/ turn off extra balls
2/ turn on Competition option (or Tournament, depending on game)

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.