371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.
#5001 6 years ago

If TWD can get a final polish then GOT can as well!!! Fingers crossed for an update by X-mas

#5002 6 years ago

It'd be interesting to know which of Dwight's games he has in his own collection. I heard Lyman has his own TWD and there's a good chance the recent update was a labor of love wanting to complete a gem he personally owned. Knowing what Dwight has in his home collection could provide some insight into future potential updates...

#5003 6 years ago

Do we really know if Lyman is working on these games on his own time? And what I mean is this; if he’s salary, and exempt, making a good chunk of salary pay working his own hours, whether from home or not, and meeting demand expectations of his job position (or going beyond for this matter), is it truly his own time?

Now let’s say other programmers are non exempt and they have a 40 hour work schedule and are not approved for any OT pay; so working on a project on OT while not getting paid would truly be working on their own time. These non exempts typically have to work in the factory and have a physical punch in/out method. Whereas non exempt can work from home for weeks as long as their meeting expectations of their job duties.

Personally, I think Lyman is salary exempt but also has such a passion for his job and hobby that he just works away at his leisure when and how he wants. Sometimes going above expectations which allows him 1. Job security and 2. Work at his own schedule whether it be from home or office.

Don’t know if any of that makes sense but he’s proven to his employer time and time again that he exceeds expectations on all levels with his coding, and being exempt, he’s allowed more free will of when and where he works.

For other programmers, they may not get that longer leash so to speak and/or are non exempt employees. So where’s the incentive to go above and beyond when your supervisors keep tugging at the leash.

This is all speculation and ‘thinking out loud’ on my end of course. But what we do know is Lyman is the shiznit! And he proves it time and time again. I would say Dwight is not far behind; so whatever it is that gives programmers that extra slack to revisit game code, it needs to happen more at stern. Unfortunately, they have such high demand and fast turn around deadlines, that I think they are not given as much free reign as Lyman has.

I do know Dwight is very proud of what he did with GOT; I’m sure he’d be more than happy to revisit and actually give it a good Lyman treatment of polish. But truth be told; Star Wars is #1 priority and GB code/rules is not near as good as GOT, so it’s #2 in line. Will he have enough time to ever get to #3, GOT? I think if he can knock SW out of the park with its next update (and with the direction and rules in place already, I have a feeling he will), and he can hammer out the needs of GB, then hey - maybe there’s a chance we’ll see some much needed love for GOT.

Sorry for the wall of text, I had a cup of coffee and I’m not a coffee drinker

#5004 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I remember at pinball expo Dwight mentioned a revisit to the code later and he had some ideas. Check out and listen to what he has to say in this link during the GB seminar. He said its complete, but he would like to do a 2.0 version later (diector's cut stuff). It's around 41:00 in the seminar.
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

Dwight has plans to go back to GOT, but when is the biggest question.

#5005 6 years ago

Thanksss!!!!!! Beatmaster!!!!!

IMG_20171207_004310 (resized).jpgIMG_20171207_004310 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171207_004334 (resized).jpgIMG_20171207_004334 (resized).jpg

#5006 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Thanksss!!!!!! Beatmaster!!!!!

Damn that was fast!!!, it was shipped 5 days ago to spain.

thanks, i'm glad you like them.

#5007 6 years ago

very fast, I arrived on Tuesday

#5008 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Damn that was fast!!!, it was shipped 5 days ago to spain.
thanks, i'm glad you like them.

And i am patiently waiting for my goodies Bob. Can't wait to install them.Thanks again for keeping me in the loop.

#5009 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

And i am patiently waiting for my goodies Bob. Can't wait to install them.Thanks again for keeping me in the loop.

it's on it's way.
hope you like them, i did yours first before i could finish mine lol. no more parts.

#5010 6 years ago

only 4 decals left for the sword lock metal plate.

no more spinner decals, might make more if i have enough interest.

#5011 6 years ago

Anyone who needs to learn the rules and all aspects of this game needs to watch Chuckwurt’s SDTM Game of Thrones 4 part tutorial. Only on episode 1 so far but he makes it easy to understand and you will be getting higher scores than you’ve ever had guaranteed. This is going to be the best GOT tutorial anywhere on the internet once he’s finished with it. I knew you would do a good job Chuckwurt but I have to say that your tutorial was so good that it blew me away. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

#5012 6 years ago

With the metal speaker panel, what are people going for with color dmd?

LCD? Gap exposed?

Or

LED - perfect fit?

#5013 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anyone who needs to learn the rules and all aspects of this game needs to watch Chuckwurt’s SDTM Game of Thrones 4 part tutorial. Only on episode 1 so far but he makes it easy to understand and you will be getting higher scores than you’ve ever had guaranteed. This is going to be the best GOT tutorial anywhere on the internet once he’s finished with it. I knew you would do a good job Chuckwurt but I have to say that your tutorial was so good that it blew me away. Thank you for taking the time to do this!

My pleasure. The first part is on sdtmpinball’s twitch page archived. I will also make it a highlight so it says forever and save them to YouTube as well on my channel and sdtmpinball’s channel.

Would love some of you other GOT kicks ass folks to come hang out next week and call me out on stuff I might not get right.

#5014 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With the metal speaker panel, what are people going for with color dmd?
LCD? Gap exposed?
Or
LED - perfect fit?

LCD DOTSXL, the gap is not that big of a deal

#5015 6 years ago

that's a good question on LCD vs LED. I've not installed a LCD in a metal speaker panel game. How does it look? Is this gap noticeable?

#5016 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

LCD DOTSXL, the gap is not that big of a deal

Perfect! Just what I wanted to hear thank you

#5017 6 years ago

I’m on the fence. Lcd sounds good with the extra features, but led has a nicer fit. I’d really like some opinions on this for GoT. I’d like whatever looks best regardless of price.

#5018 6 years ago

I would love to see a video of each one. Stinks you have to buy them to find that out. Would be cool if CDMD demoed each one with a nice camera setup when they were released.

#5019 6 years ago

I'm interested in the different power hookups / requirements for each display method, in a Spike pin as well, before making a decision.

#5020 6 years ago

I've posted this in various threads before -- but it bears repeating. With the 16 levels of brightness on Spike you're going to lose contrast on the LED display.

The 'ramp' of brightness on an LED isn't a straight line. The darker it gets, the less differentiation there is between levels of brightness. So the lower end of the scale blends together more.

With the LCD every level is more distinct, so the details in the lower brightness levels are clearer - this would make a difference to the video parts of GOT.

This is not to say you SHOULDN'T use an LED display if that's what you prefer. It will still look great on the LED. Just information for those on the fence.

#5021 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I've posted this in various threads before -- but it bears repeating. With the 16 levels of brightness on Spike you're going to lose contrast on the LED display.
The 'ramp' of brightness on an LED isn't a straight line. The darker it gets, the less differentiation there is between levels of brightness. So the lower end of the scale blends together more.
With the LCD every level is more distinct, so the details in the lower brightness levels are clearer - this would make a difference to the video parts of GOT.
This is not to say you SHOULDN'T use an LED display if that's what you prefer. It will still look great on the LED. Just information for those on the fence.

Is it necessary to get the $24 "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker" or is their another way to mount this?

#5022 6 years ago

Ugh! This is the third time that I have listed a pin for trade/sale and within a week, ColorDMD is announced for said title /facepalm.

First STTNG, then XM now GoT. I thought it would never happen with GoT considering all the actual footage from the series. I bet it will look amazing.

#5023 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is it necessary to get the $24 "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker" or is their another way to mount this?

If you're going with LCD on GOT you need the extra parts. The clear window to replace the red one (which you need for either) and the extra hardware for the mounting. You COULD source those things yourself somewhere if you wanted to -- but you will need something.

#5024 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to see a video of each one. Stinks you have to buy them to find that out. Would be cool if CDMD demoed each one with a nice camera setup when they were released.

I've installed and seen quite a few of them over the past few years. Hands down, LCD. I really dislike the new LED ones. My eyes are a bit sensitive, and I have two big issues with LED. First is that the light is piercing from a point. That point is overly bright. And, they always look out of focus to me. I assume that each LED is actually 3 colors inside, and so the light when it's color looks like it is in 3 different spots to me. That makes it look really harsh.

LCD on the other hand lets you configure a lot of things. The panel looks much better, and can be set up to your tastes. I'm not wild about the gap, but that is WAY better than the LED one.

And all of that is just my opinion. I keep hearing people say the LED can be adjusted to take all the harshness away, but I have not seen that backed up with one that looks good. LCD all the way.

#5025 6 years ago

The 'gap' on LCD isn't bad. I made sure to mask the sides so there is no backbox light bleed visisble from the sides.

Rob

#5026 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you're going with LCD on GOT you need the extra parts. The clear window to replace the red one (which you need for either) and the extra hardware for the mounting. You COULD source those things yourself somewhere if you wanted to -- but you will need something.

Thank you.

#5027 6 years ago

GOT in colordmd are you freakin kidding me!?!?!? Mind blown! I nearly gave away (sold) my GOT last month. So glad I didn’t. Game is amazing and can’t wait to experience it in color.

EDIT: just ordered mine. Went with LCD as I prefer DotsXL plus as someone described earlier, the contrast seems to work better with video footage.

#5028 6 years ago

Sweet! Make a great game even better, it would really help the videos in the game out being in colour, - I much prefer the fit of the LED, but I'm betting the video would look better on the LCD, looking forward to the video!

#5029 6 years ago

I just realized something. chuckwurt is gonna have to redo his tutorial videos as there’s no color!! Haha just messing

#5030 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just realized something. chuckwurt is gonna have to redo his tutorial videos as there’s no color!! Haha just messing

Haha not happening. Might be able to do the last couple parts in color though.

#5031 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT in colordmd are you freakin kidding me!?!?!? Mind blown! I nearly gave away (sold) my GOT last month. So glad I didn’t. Game is amazing and can’t wait to experience it in color.
EDIT: just ordered mine. Went with LCD as I prefer DotsXL plus as someone described earlier, the contrast seems to work better with video footage.

Told ya Now for that other part...

#5032 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Told ya Now for that other part...

Hahahaha all in due time. Don’t want to give into the dark side quite yet

#5033 6 years ago

Ordered LCD with shield and standoff kit. Can't wait! I'm glad I held off on putting one in CV. Now I can get color for the game that really matters!

#5034 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ordered LCD with shield and standoff kit. Can't wait! I'm glad I held off on putting one in CV. Now I can get color for the game that really matters!

Same boat as you, deciding between CV and GoT. GoT is the winner!!!!!!!

#5035 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

hahaha Eskaybee It's a good thing I don't live in Socal. I actually inquired about your GOT, and had you been closer, I would've closed the deal.

#5036 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

hahaha eskaybee It's a good thing I don't live in Socal. I actually inquired about your GOT, and had you been closer, I would've closed the deal.

Hah I'm glad you didn't make the drive! After we talked I had already began to regret selling. GOT will stuck around a bit longer, now I just need to figure out how to get SW in lol

#5037 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah I'm glad you didn't make the drive! After we talked I had already began to regret selling. GOT will stuck around a bit longer, now I just need to figure out how to get SW in lol

Coming around on SW I see. Good man.

#5038 6 years ago

SW + GOT is a great combo.

20171207_211518 (resized).jpg20171207_211518 (resized).jpg

#5039 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Coming around on SW I see. Good man.

Yes yes. Code makes a difference even though I Havent played 1.0 yet. But, I’m finally seeing the GOT steroids applied to SW

My next dilemma will be (once I have the $) pro or prem. I’ll PM you chuckwurt when that time comes but I really like the hyperdrive, I’m just not sold on the shot or forklift yet based on what I’ve played at the location I play. I also have to factor in that my wife wants JPOTC more than SW. but she hardly plays Pinball and it has a heftier price tag so we’ll see

#5040 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Nice! Did you get a good price on that prem?

And Yea I really love the ‘breadth’ Steve Ritchie and Dwight bring to the table on their games. SW is covered in breadth as Dwight took steroids out of GOT and added it to SW to give the game tons of depth too. I hope Dwight codes Steve’s next game too.

#5041 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes yes. Code makes a difference even though I Hagen played 1.0 yet. But, I’m finally seeing the GOT steroids applied to SW
My next dilemma will be (once I have the $) pro or prem. I’ll PM you chuckwurt when that time comes but I really like the hyperdrive, I’m just not sold on the shot or forklift yet based on what I’ve played at the location I play. I also have to factor in that my wife wants JPOTC more than SW. but she hardly plays Pinball and it has a heftier price tag so we’ll see

The prem of SW is more fun to me, but not worth the extra cost imo.

#5042 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The prem of SW is more fun to me, but not worth the extra cost imo.

That’s kind of how I feel too. But if I’m gonna have the game for a long time it might be worth upgrading. All of this is heresay until I actually have the funds and by then the savings cost of going pro may be more reality based what are premiums these days, like $7300?

#5043 6 years ago

Not sure on SW prem but my GOT prem was about 6500 including shipping to my door.

#5044 6 years ago

wait, what? dmd or lcd.... oh man there goes another few hundred bucks, damn it!

ok, found the thread. good news!

#5045 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Did you get a good price on that prem?
And Yea I really love the ‘breadth’ Steve Ritchie and Dwight bring to the table on their games. SW is covered in breadth as Dwight took steroids out of GOT and added it to SW to give the game tons of depth too. I hope Dwight codes Steve’s next game too.

Yeah got it from a local pinsider here in the Bay Area. Great guy with one of the cleanest collections I've seen in a while. I was going back and forth between the Pro and Prem for the longest time, but the more I played the Premium on location, the more I enjoyed it. I like how it slows the game down a little. Nice contrast next to the hyper fast SW Pro sitting next to it.

Honestly, I was afraid that these two games might be too much alike, but that isn't the case. You're right regarding the steroids/DNA being a common denominator, but there's enough there for me at least, that they both stand on their own.

Premium or Pro for SW, you'll be happy.

#5046 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Yeah got it from a local pinsider here in the Bay Area. Great guy with one of the cleanest collections I've seen in a while. I was going back and forth between the Pro and Prem for the longest time, but the more I played the Premium on location, the more I enjoyed it. I like how it slows the game down a little. Nice contrast next to the hyper fast SW Pro sitting next to it.
Honestly, I was afraid that these two games might be too much alike, but that isn't the case. You're right regarding the steroids/DNA being a common denominator, but there's enough there for me at least, that they both stand on their own.
Premium or Pro for SW, you'll be happy.

well for both our sakes, im glad you went prem!

#5047 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not sure on SW prem but my GOT prem was about 6500 including shipping to my door.

I think they are almost 7500 now. Woof.

#5048 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think they are almost 7500 now. Woof.

I think my LE was cheaper NIB when it was released than a new premium is now...

#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Huh...very interesting. Never would have thought to put SW on the left. Well played sir.

combo (resized).jpgcombo (resized).jpg

#5050 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I hope Dwight codes Steve’s next game too.

YES!! These guys are on a roll...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.