371349412_280294791383651_655609389386986630_n (resized).jpg
371318912_273439315464555_5052372985924968948_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1882 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0248 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 144.
#4951 6 years ago

good night ... have if I find the fault, and have that solution I can give, it does not happen all the time 2 or 3 times in a long game but it is annoying ... thanks

IMG_20171017_124531_557 (resized).jpgIMG_20171017_124531_557 (resized).jpg

#4952 6 years ago

You are going to have some faded decals if you don’t get that game away from that sunlight coming through that window I’m afraid.

#4953 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

good night ... have if I find the fault, and have that solution I can give, it does not happen all the time 2 or 3 times in a long game but it is annoying ... thanks

move that gorgeous game away from the window, please!

#4954 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are going to have some faded decals if you don’t get that game away from that sunlight coming through that window I’m afraid.

Do the new decals fade?

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do the new decals fade?

The old games used to really bad. I don’t think these would be any different but I can’t guarantee it.

#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The old games used to really bad. I don’t think these would be any different but I can’t guarantee it.

Those were screen printed. Not the new guys.

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those were screen printed. Not the new guys.

So you don’t think the decals will fade then?

#4958 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So you don’t think the decals will fade then?

No idea.

#4959 6 years ago

I would think the sun would fade them pretty fast and easy. That would suck if that happened!

#4960 6 years ago

If I change it, but it does not give direct sunlight, it's just the reflection of the window, to prevent it from changing, thanks

#4961 6 years ago

To prevent cabinet fade. Dark room with no windows, better than bright room with indirect sunlight, better than direct sunlight. Any cabinet can fade with bright sunshine. Reds, yellows and oranges are the worst, so I would move that GOTLE as soon as possible.

#4962 6 years ago

Well is does look damn good there!

#4963 6 years ago

Thanks!!!!!

IMG_20170829_103615_841 (resized).jpgIMG_20170829_103615_841 (resized).jpg

#4964 6 years ago

I followed your advice and changed places

IMG_20171105_130146 (resized).jpgIMG_20171105_130146 (resized).jpg

#4965 6 years ago

I can not find a solution to the devil flipper ... it does not always happen and in the test it has good power

IMG_20171105_131325 (resized).jpgIMG_20171105_131325 (resized).jpg

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I can not find a solution to the devil flipper ... it does not always happen and in the test it has good power

Try pushing up on the EOS switch blade that is closest to the flipper bat to help strengthen that connection. Just make sure you’re flipper pawl is still opening the switch when it’s engaged.

#4967 6 years ago

Turned off EBs and ball save to punish myself for tourney prep. 3.8B game as Greyjoy!

So out of curiosity I played a game as Greyjoy afterwards and went for Targaryen right off the bat and completed it. Anyone know what ability you acquire by doing so since you can't start the game with that house? It should be something magical given how fricken hard that is, but I didn't notice anything obvious.

#4968 6 years ago

I'd like to know this too! ^^^ I think Chuck eluded to larger SJP in MB, but not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze, going that route.

#4969 6 years ago

No ability. Just the HOTK bonus.

#4970 6 years ago

Tody whith tyrell

IMG_20171023_152632 (resized).jpgIMG_20171023_152632 (resized).jpg

#4971 6 years ago

I must really suck best I've done is 1.5 b so far

#4972 6 years ago

Well I guess I'll continue to save Targaryen for end-of-game strat. Just not worth all that shot risk to the kicker a HOTK-only benefit.

As for the many comments of people down playing their own scores, etc. Let's say you are well versed in scoring strategy, then the issue comes down to play. I encourage you all to watch PAPAs videos on flipper skills and techniques. GoT is a highly controlled game with maybe the exception of the center ramp. Every shot can be made from either flipper, with the exception of the kicker on most machines. Most drains I see are from hitting the standups between the shots (shot accuracy problems), or taking on-the-fly shots (especially from the wrong flipper). Trapping the ball and taking accurate shots from a ball at rest is the single best thing you can do to improve scores IMO. The left orbit should always be backhanded, and the right ramp should always be backhanded. Use your multi-balls wisely. I use a fair chunk of my time in WHC, Wall and/or Castle (premium/LE) banging on Baratheon targets to build up the spinner. My recent 9B game spent almost 10 minutes backhanding the spinner at Level 4 w/ combos for tens to hundreds of millions of points for a spinner rip. Scores should always be higher on a premium/LE because you should be utilizing the upper PF to complete risky shots in houses (kicker)

#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I followed your advice and changed places

Looks good in that spot I think. Pretty awesome room you have there. That window gives a nice view looks like.

#4974 6 years ago

yesterday dismount the coil set and clean the inner tube, it seems that was the problem, only once in 10 games the flipper reacted badly and it was stopped half way ...

#4975 6 years ago

thanks for the comment, got is still in the living room but more protected from sunlight .....
got is a very complex machine with regard to strategy, there are many ways to get high scores and every time I play I learn something new and interesting about it ... I really like this machine

#4976 6 years ago

Hi guys,
I would like to buy a GOT Pro but i'm afraid about the lack of callouts during the game, especially during IT, HOTK and WHC MB. I read the topic and i'm at page 50, is there a code update since that or did i miss something ?
I saw a bunch of videos and i always hear the same callouts (no jackpot or sjp callout during Wizard modes???), is it me or this game is short on sounds / dots?

#4977 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
I would like to buy a GOT Pro but i'm afraid about the lack of callouts during the game, especially during IT, HOTK and WHC MB. I read the topic and i'm at page 50, is there a code update since that or did i miss something ?
I saw a bunch of videos and i always hear the same callouts (no jackpot or sjp callout during Wizard modes???), is it me or this game is short on sounds / dots?

Not just you. That’s how current code is. Outside of the main multiball, there’s not a ton in the way of callouts or fanfare.

#4978 6 years ago

Ok... There will be no code updates. Current code is final code (i ask Stern).
I think it's a good game but because of that it can't be a great game IMO.

#4979 6 years ago

How did you ask Stern (email/phone)? And who did you speak to?

#4980 6 years ago

game is very fun and hugely addictive. Dont really feel it needs more callouts when playing.. Sound package over all is good, your right could be better. But sound and looks are not what drew me to this game.

#4981 6 years ago

I would not abandon hope of a final code update with more callouts.

#4982 6 years ago

Downvote if i express my opinion? Ok...
I ask Stern on FB, here is the answer:
"Hi, I don’t have an exact answer on this or not. For example, Avengers received a final code polish 4 years after the last most recent one.

So in some cases updates are planned, eventually, but with no timeline.

Star Wars, Batman 66, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS all have confirmed updates in the works.

It is also possible that other titles, like Game or Thrones get an update as well."
So it's not a final NO, but i'm not very optimistic about an other update.

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Downvote if i express my opinion? Ok...

Wasn't mine but you do realize a down vote means "disagree", right?

You said two things in your opinion that someone could easily disagree with.

1 - Code is final. Stern says it's not in the works but some will disagree that it will never get a polish. Other games that stern has abandoned have been brought back for a final polish. I doubt it will happen but their is always hope.

2 - Can't be a great game without another code update. This is the part I think you will see the most disagreement with. I feel this is a great game as is. Has potential to be better but I don't put nearly the stock into callouts that most seem to do.

#4984 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,

Hypothetically speaking, let’s say GOT never gets another update. The game is great (ruleswise) and possibly one of the best strategic fast flowing games of our modern era. But, it does lack the attention to polish and call outs in certain areas of the game. What call outs are in the game, are awesome (i.e. the hound custom call outs).

That said, there are other great pins out in the world that have fantastic call outs; yet, lack aspects of evolving strategy and amazing rulesets.

Very little pins hit on All levels. Pick your poison.

So if you’re buying a GOT at this stage of the game, you should be buying it for its ruleset, speed, and flow, and to some extent theme. And Not for its art or call outs integration.

#4985 6 years ago

Correcto.......

3 weeks later
#4986 6 years ago

Putting this here since somebody asked for a set.
went through my inventory and got a few in stock.

Sword metal plate decal ($10) or spinner decals ($10 a set) for Pro/Le or premium.

Including shipping anywhere in the world.

32afc39cae1b728ec4631b0b75ae0b3a0b00bcea (resized).jpg32afc39cae1b728ec4631b0b75ae0b3a0b00bcea (resized).jpg
3351cc45d950ad0fcf8c2d11297c6b793a3a8c4a (resized).jpg3351cc45d950ad0fcf8c2d11297c6b793a3a8c4a (resized).jpg

Sword Stickers (pre:pro:le) (resized).JPGSword Stickers (pre:pro:le) (resized).JPG

#4987 6 years ago

It’s a nice mod And yes I already have it on mine Bob.

#4988 6 years ago

hello, I need the sticker on the metal plate for my limited edition

#4989 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

hello, I need the sticker on the metal plate for my limited edition

pm sent.

#4990 6 years ago

If you have a set left I'd like some spinner decals. Already have the other one.

#4991 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you have a set left I'd like some spinner decals. Already have the other one.

pm sent.

#4992 6 years ago

Now if we could just get TWD treatment and finish our masterful pin proprerly.
Continued faith in Dwight to do this up right.

#4993 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Now if we could just get TWD treatment and finish our masterful pin proprerly.
Continued faith in Dwight to do this up right.

Not trying to be cheeky here, because I honestly don't know the answer to this... Has Dwight ever been known to go above and beyond and code/polish/clean-up in his own time?

Man, that would be amazing if he did. GOT and SW are probably my two favorite Sterns right now. They're coded so differently than most other pins... would love to see that extra shine on GOT.

#4994 6 years ago

Lyman has decided to finish game’s code on his on time it seems like. It would be rare if all the coders started doing that. I don’t blame them if that is indeed the case and they decided they don’t want to do it with their free time.

#4995 6 years ago

Yeah, I don’t blame them either. Not saying that OT needs to become the norm for these developers. But it also looks like that’s the only way fans of this particular game will ever see that final update.

#4996 6 years ago

Didn’t x-men get an update like 5 years after it was released? Was that due to a coder working overtime, or did stern decide to go back and polish the code?

I’m not going to give up hope until a year after the show finishes.

#4997 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Didn’t x-men get an update like 5 years after it was released? Was that due to a coder working overtime, or did stern decide to go back and polish the code?
I’m not going to give up hope until a year after the show finishes.

I think you’re thinking of avengers. I don’t think X-Men was that long of a wait, but that was before my time. Haha

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you’re thinking of avengers. I don’t think X-Men was that long of a wait, but that was before my time. Haha

Ya I’m pretty sure that your right. But the take away point is that code has been worked on years after initial release.

#4999 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya I’m pretty sure that your right. But the take away point is that code has been worked on years after initial release.

Yep. I’ll definintly still have this game if it does happen so that would be sweet.

#5000 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. I’ll definintly still have this game if it does happen so that would be sweet.

Mine is never leaving either so there's always that "down the road" hope it'll be completed properly.

I just installed new speakers last night and finally loaded 1.34 to wipe out all my high scores so I can work towards that again. I cringed when it did the Node board updates and thankfully made it through

The new speakers (FF coax setup) brings out some nice subtleties in the sound package and the voices clean up a bit too. What are those little capacitors(?) attached to the stock backbox speakers for? Preventing certain frequency?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.